What beer are you drinking now? #1948

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Spiteful Brewing, God Damn Pigeon Porter. Another gem from one of the most generous guys I know, @joe1510 . Sounded like a certain prolific BA aimed a few arrows at the guy recently. Pathetic. I don't care who you are, calling someone a POS on a open forum is LAAAME, especially knowing first hand how false that is. You're better than that, I'd hope.

On a sidenote, my condolences to @tasterschoice62 . Very sorry for your lost Larry. Raising this one for Magic. Cheers BAs.

[​IMG]

2. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Meyvn (1,296) Mar 3, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

Sorry to hear about your companion. I love cats. I have 4 beagles at the moment but miss my cats dearly. Had two awesome cats all through my bachelor days. One day I decided to get married and have children. It wasn't a couple years after the kids were crawling around on the floor my kitties decided they had had enough and hit the door running. Literally they ran away and I swear it's because they hated our children.

#162 GOBLIN, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    VABA, HoppingMadMonk, MacMalt and 6 others like this.
  3. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,503) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Because you often use the phrase “But I Digress?”

Marklaker and JamFuel like this.
  4. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (9,639) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

What is: "When locked out of the house, go to the neighbor's, crack a beer that I just bought, and wait for my wife to come home." :flushed: DOH!!

[​IMG]

5. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (8,114) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

Woah, woah, woah, that's some serious BA drama right there. One reason I like this site is that the level of discourse is fairly high, but calling someone names on the Internet is fucking bush league...

6. OKbrew89

OKbrew89 Crusader (785) May 13, 2013 Oklahoma

Still respect a classic
    [​IMG]

7. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,794) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Leaving for another work trip tomorrow until the end of the month, I need a beer.:angry:
    [​IMG]

8. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,591) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Definitely agree with that. That has no place here. Plus @joe1510 is a really good dude. Awesome Chef and BA.

mikeinportc, MacMalt, aoampm and 11 others like this.
  9. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,535) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Search YouTube for Spoon Lady...some pretty wild stuff...I have to wonder what her story is, but one thing is for sure, she got rhythm...

mikeinportc and GOBLIN like this.
  10. Brolo75

Brolo75 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 California
    Deactivated

Finishing off this six-pack of Kern River Brewing Chuuurch, an excellent IPA! From what I have read, getting Chuuurch on the West Coast is like getting Laaarge on the East Coast!
    [​IMG]

11. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (5,369) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Continuing that dark beer kick.

[​IMG]

O'Dell's Bull Proof.

12. GOBLIN

Trader

Yeah, I have always loved what I call "porch music" . . . Can't believe I've never seen these two before. Do you know of Dom Flemons ?

13. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,591) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Thanks everyone for all your condolences for Magic. It means alot. It doesnt surprise me and one of the reasons I wanted to post it to my BA family. I truly appreciate it. Thank You.

14. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

A
    Agreed. Especially towards good people. Cheers Karl.

15. GOBLIN

Trader

[​IMG]
    For Magic ... Enjoy !
    @BigIslandfarmer . . . Thanks for reminding me of this Monica classic.

16. mnrider

mnrider Champion (829) May 26, 2009 Connecticut

Love pretzel buns :heart_eyes:

tasterschoice62 and cbcrunch like this.
  17. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (577) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

I think we all know the answer to that.

JamFuel likes this.
  18. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (577) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

19. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,535) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

No. I'm not familiar with the name. But now that the name has been dropped, I must investigate...

GOBLIN likes this.
  20. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Savant (931) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Had the day off so grilling some chicken that had marinated in some tikka masala spices. Smells great. Drinking while grilling - is that a crime? If it is, I’m guilty as charged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. GOBLIN

Trader

Enjoy

22. yossle

yossle Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2016 New York

Terrible picture. Excellent beer. [​IMG]

23. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Nice snifter!

24. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (2,101) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

[​IMG]
    Holy shit. A) this is sublime. B) why don’t I drink Belgians more often?

Okay, to be fair, this is from late 2014 and it is just so smooth. Plums, raisins, almost like cinnamon spice, yeasty without really being there. After spending the day doing stuff all day, this is the perfect first beer of the day.

25. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,534) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I have a gripe tonight. As a veteran of this site, I feel like I've earned the right to speak my mind. Why do virtual bar participants continue to act like they're in junior high? This is something I simply will never understand, other than chalk it up to the fact that people are immature in all walks of life. How are you so angry that you purposely don't like a post from someone you've never met in real life? Think about that for a minute. It's comical. There's been a lot of talk on here tonight about people being good dudes. I disagree. People are petty. I like every post on here, regardless of who is posting it. How could I ever form an opinion on someone I've never met? That's ignorant, at best. I know my words are falling on deaf ears, and that's OK. I will have a beer with any member of this site in person, and I'll gladly pay. Cheers, you LARRRGE f*ckers!!!
    [​IMG]

26. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,313) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Spent almost the entire day shopping with the Mrs.; I bet she could go thrifting every day. Home now - Moon over Jai Alai:

The wife advised this morning that we leave for her sister’s house on Wednesday, so I’m not sure how much, it at all, I will be able to participate this Saturday...One upside is I get to meet up with my pal @rmank for beers while I’m in Charleston. Cheers!

27. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (3,472) Jan 30, 2012 Florida
    Society

28. Beardown98

Beardown98 Initiate (69) Jun 25, 2017 Illinois

[​IMG]

Bottled on 2/7

Looks really turbid and thick (picture doesn’t do it justice) and smells really sweet like a sports drink, when I took my first sip all I could say to describe it when my wife asked was it tastes weird...... bright reshing flavor at first quickly dissipated to a medicinally sweet finish.

Not a fan but I’ll finish it, it’s not a drain pour by any stretch of the imagination but marz and noonwhitsle have been putting out much better offerings recently that I can easily access. I’ll pay the extra money for what they have been putting out comparatively.

#189 Beardown98, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  29. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Meyvn (1,077) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    After a bunch of schwag ass lagers and some mezcal by the pool it was nice to come back to room and enjoy this beer. Big fudge and barrel notes with a faint chili pepper heat help me forget about the sunburn I acquired today.

30. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,932) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

A friend bought me a Creature Comforts Koko Buni...one of the best porters I’ve ever had

31. GOBLIN

Trader

I thought this too . . . Kinda. I mean, nobody knows me. I might be a douche. I'm not, but I might be. You just don't know.

32. puck1225

puck1225 Poo-Bah (4,082) Dec 22, 2013 Texas
    Society Trader

Revisiting Real Ale Brewing Full Moon rye IPA - a beautiful, great tasting beer. I will revisit again and often!

33. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (2,319) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Society

Sierra Nevada Experimental Hop Session IPA.
    [​IMG]

I finished off the Pilsner yesterday but was having problems with my phone. For your enjoyment...
    [​IMG]
    Cheers, all.

34. lordofthewiens

Society

Well said

35. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,810) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Swamphead Big Nose IPA @crazy Cucumber.
    [​IMG]

36. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,005) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Someone attacked @joe1510 ? Screw them. Send me names. I'm grumpy.
    Long work day. Halfway through a Bosque IPA. Hittin the spot. Cheerz!
    I will post photos tomorrow. Just not feeling it today.

37. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Zealot (556) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

38. lordofthewiens

Society

39. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Zealot (556) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

It's either that's a big beer or I'm drunk off a sip of this Willetized . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.