What beer are you drinking now? #2036

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,931) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Really enjoying this California trade treat.

[​IMG]

This bottle is from 2017. The aroma is really nice with chile peppers, coffee, hot fudge, peppermint, holiday bark, and caramel. The flavor opens up with hot fudge and caramel, and in comes the peppers with a nice spicy acidic bite. It finishes on lingering vanilla, cinnamon, oatmeal raisin, caramel, and coffee. Feel was the only let down, a little too yeasty on the palate. Nice beer, rated it 4.31 out of 5. Reminds me of Prairie.

AD17, eppCOS, jkblr and 5 others like this.
  2. TXRobbo

TXRobbo Disciple (370) Nov 30, 2013 Texas

- Alpha Hive: Get your "buzz" on.

This stuff is ridiculous, in a good way. I almost prefer it over the Hoptimum I had earlier.

[ They're close... ]

[​IMG]

AD17, eppCOS, thebeers and 8 others like this.
  3. RedhawkPoke

RedhawkPoke Disciple (305) Jan 30, 2017 Oklahoma
    Trader

At @russpowell can I join the the cool kids club with my BDCS?

[​IMG]

AD17, eppCOS, jkblr and 6 others like this.
  4. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,249) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

You certainly earned it. This needs to warm up a bit before I really start enjoying it

5. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Champion (824) Dec 12, 2014 Chile

Mother Earth - Cali Creamin'

[​IMG]

Preparing myself mentally for the big TV event tomorrow: Nadal-Djokovic Rome Semi finals :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

6. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (3,350) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Brought this with me to Dark Lord Day last year and slammed a glass of it when somebody on the shuttle bus there passed me a bottle of Hipster Brunch, and I instantly regretted it, because while it's really smooth now (I had another of it a month ago), that beer is really hot when it's fresh.

hoptheology likes this.
  7. hoptheology

Society Trader

I had a feeling it would be good to age it. I actually received it around August of last year, and I'm guessing the lower overall score on BA is because of users rating it fresh. When I took that first sip though, the pepper presence made me cough. So it's still alive and well, just probably way more smooth than when it was born! Cheers!

mschrei likes this.
  8. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,249) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Ending on a DFH Dragons & Yum Yums Flaming Lips IPA, this was not my jam, but they don't drink themselves.
    Just watched that NFL Channel A Football Life abut the O-line my Cowboys had back in the heyday. Seems unbelievable there wasn't at least one more Championship in that run, but the 9'ers were damn good as well...

Peace out LNBAers!

9. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Champion (824) Dec 12, 2014 Chile

Lord Hobo - Boomsauce

[​IMG]

Cheers

10. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Disciple (334) Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia

Juicy as hell
    Fresh as hell
    Wide distribution
    Cheap by IPA standards

Easily one of the more overlooked beers on here IMO, but always a staple in my fridge in mid-late May/early June. If you live outside of NY, MA, VT, etc... and want to try a "juicy" IPA then this a good bet.

And yes that was poured into a Spiegelau IPA glass and not drank out the can lol. It's just gone already
    [​IMG]

#410 cmiller4642, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    AD17, eppCOS, thebeers and 4 others like this.
  11. mschrei

Society Trader

Amazing how not tired I am when I know I don't have to wake up at 7 am or go to work tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

12. hoptheology

Society Trader

I know I've told y'all I've been bizzay. I brewed a super dank split batch IPA today, and finally felt satisfied with bottling this guy which I aged for 6 weeks on vanilla beans, ahtanum hops, and valencia oranges. It's my version of an orange creamsickle ale. Very bready, very mild on the sweetness but the vanilla and cream aspects are there, and the orange is BAM! in your face.

(damn pic won't load I guess...I'll post it later when I finally crack it.

I'm also drinking this one now :

[​IMG]

#412 hoptheology, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    AD17, scream, eppCOS and 3 others like this.
  13. mschrei

Society Trader

Nice looking homebrew, Hippie. Surprised at the low abv for an imperial.

I've often posted about how big a pro wrestling fan I am, so this week has been especially good for me, after getting tickets for All In and the Best of Super Juniors starting. I may be up for awhile. Better break out a big beer for night one of the tournament.
    [​IMG]

Stoutmaster9, Premo88, AD17 and 5 others like this.
  14. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (2,143) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

You're welcome, my friend. Somewhere along the way I saw you mention wanting some reboot Celis, so I had to get you a couple offerings. Glad they made it to you!

TongoRad likes this.
  15. Chcshammonde

Chcshammonde Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2014 California

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.