1. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

What beer are you drinking now? #2339

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Site Editor (27,604) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Amazing batch as expected. Haven't had this one yet, been cellaring it. Insane lasting head retention/thick soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, molasses, licorice, vanilla, cream, bourbon, red wine, toasted oak, roasted nuts, biscuit, dark bread/crust, wood smoke, charcoal, cherry, raisin, prune, fig, date, leather, tobacco, bark, herbal, grass, pepper, pine, and yeast earthiness. Slight booze in the aromas as it warms, but not overwhelming. Light-moderate pine, herbal, woody, grassy, peppery hops; and roast/charcoal bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and very full body; very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; some sticky hops and chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying, acrid, astringency. Dangerously smooth sipping, mild increasing warmth of 11.4%, minimal lingering booze. Feels fruiter than I remember, but still top tier. Perfectly balanced super rich malts, flavorings, and fruity yeast complexity; with great overall bourbon/wine/oak barrel presence/integration for only being 50% blended. Balancing earthy hops against sweetness. Will pick up again, massive shelf sitter on this vintage. All over the place.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Been listening to this band all last night.

AD17, LeperJim, MacMalt and 58 others like this.
  2. superspak

Society Trader

Excellent NEAPA. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, white grape/wine, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, onion, mint, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, biscuit dough malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, woody, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the the finish. Medium carbonation/body; creamy, bready, grainy malts; some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, 6.5%. Better than I remember when I reviewed it last year. Features Galaxy hops, but also feels like it has Columbus/Chinook/Simcoe as well. Very juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy balanced hop complexity; with a great balancing bready oat/malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Would get again. Need to seek out the mix pack. 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

AD17, LeperJim, MacMalt and 50 others like this.
  3. pat61

pat61 Poo-Bah (5,259) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota
    Society

Jack Pine Neon Pink Cotton Candy Cream Ale

AD17, LeperJim, MacMalt and 31 others like this.
  4. superspak

Society Trader

Omnipollo Fatamorgana. This was fantastic. Nice rocky head retention/soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, light pepper, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, light honey malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Dangerously smooth for 8%, almost refreshing. Great soft feel. Not as amazing as I remember when I first reviewed it 4 years ago, but still delicious. All Citra, Centennial, and CTZ hops. Super juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy balanced hop complexity; with a nice bready wheat/oat/malt backbone, and minimal residual sweetness from lingering resin dryness. Delicious spot on NEIPA style. Was the first one I ever had originally.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

AD17, LeperJim, MacMalt and 47 others like this.
  5. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,613) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] First off why wouldn’t @superspak come out on St. Patrick’s Day Guns ablazing? This stuff is just wow! Cheers all and let’s roll out some pages today ladies and gents!

superspak, AD17, LeperJim and 55 others like this.
  6. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (1,665) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois

I’d say happy Green Day, but then I’d have to post a song that’s not Irish related.
    [​IMG]
    Can’t do that today. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, all!

nicholas2121, aoampm, AD17 and 60 others like this.
  7. superspak

Society Trader

Excellent Brut IPA. Aromas and flavors of big lemon, lime, orange, red grapefruit, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, mango, melon, gooseberry, red apple, white grape/wine, citrus peel/rind, wood, onion, mint, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, white bready malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing resin dryness, no hop astringency. Refreshingly smooth, not overly aggressive, minimal warming 7%. Feels like a lot of Nelson, Simcoe, Calypso. Extremely vibrant, dank, earthy, and lightly juicy hop complexity; with a nice solid pale malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness from crisp dryness. Nailed the style all the way through. Would get again for sure.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

nicholas2121, AD17, MacMalt and 47 others like this.
  8. Roguer

Roguer Site Editor (3,913) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Good morning, BAs! I've got a ton of new hops in the fridge, and they're not going to drink themselves. Plus, a ton of cleaning to do, so let's get started!

[​IMG]
    Foreign Objects Mind Body Light Sound

I will be posting my thoughts over on New Beer Sunday. If you're having something for the very first time, and you'd like to share your thoughts, come join us! It doesn't have to be a brand new beer - just new to you.

Cheers!

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 49 others like this.
  9. Ryan4120

Ryan4120 Devotee (466) Dec 17, 2014 Virginia

A classic. Ommegang's Three Philosophers
    [​IMG]

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 52 others like this.
  10. superspak

Society Trader

Fantastic! Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, molasses, toffee, walnuts, raisin, plum, fig, date and toasted dark bread/crusts; with lighter notes of licorice, smoke, char, leather, tobacco, herbal/grassy hops, and yeast earthiness. Light herbal, grassy, roast, char bitterness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full body. Very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky char/roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying/acrid flavors. Mildly increasing warmth of 10%. Dangerously smooth sipping. Amazingly balanced rich malt complexity and walnut flavors; restrained fruity yeast and solid earthy hops against sweetness. Was easy to find last time I was in Ohio. Will get more next time.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

AD17, MacMalt, LeperJim and 44 others like this.
  11. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,502) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Happy Irish New Year, BA...
    [​IMG]
    Starting off with some Lunch for breakfast...

Cheers...

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 52 others like this.
  12. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,096) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone. This sort of explains how I feel,been up for many hours but still need to wake up[​IMG]

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 50 others like this.
  13. eppCOS

eppCOS Champion (801) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

mixing it up, stating with a DIPA from Marble. Cheers, you Irish fecks!
    [​IMG]

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 48 others like this.
  14. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Crusader (733) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Happy St. Pat's Day

Going to be cooking up some Guinness stout cupcakes, Irish colcannon, and soda bread today

And, of course - some Irish beers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nice - albeit chilly walk earlier - looking for green and growing things - spring arrives Wednesday this week - vernal equinox!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slainte - Irish Livers Matter!

[​IMG]

CrimeDog, nicholas2121, AD17 and 57 others like this.
  15. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (8,986) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Looking at some 3 rollers in Pacific Beach, California with a Pizza Port Chronic Amber Ale. Life doesn't suck...

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 31 others like this.
  16. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (1,947) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Enjoying this delightful treat. Notes over at NBS
    @BeerVikingSailor that “ Irish Livers Matter” just killed me!
    Cheers all

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 43 others like this.
  17. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Champion (893) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Good morning!

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 51 others like this.
  18. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Devotee (460) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Three Notch'd/Batch Brewing Green Terrors Aussie Pale Ale

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 26 others like this.
  19. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,414) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Final pour of this green beer from last night

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 41 others like this.
  20. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,122) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Clear amber gold color with good white cap and lacing.

Aroma of good malt, touch of caramel and citrus hops.

Taste on entry is malt forward with slightly citrus hops following. Malt really is the main player here but hops sing loud enough to be heard and actually carry the melody. I keep searching for a bit of pine in the hops because there just seems to be a bit of that in there but still didn't find any identifiably pine presence in the taste. The hops actually strike me as more European as in the Noble varieties. Whatever they are the hops are clean, bright and add just the right high notes to accent the malt nicely.

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 49 others like this.
  21. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Champion (893) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

22. Roguer

Roguer Site Editor (3,913) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Nothing quite like leftover pineapple-poblano-beef tacos to go with another new DIPA.

[​IMG]
    Foreign Objects Death Posture

Cheers!

#22 Roguer, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    aoampm, AD17, MacMalt and 54 others like this.
  23. mickyge

mickyge Crusader (790) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Nice post, love the pics ,Cheers

GOBLIN and BeerVikingSailor like this.
  24. eppCOS

eppCOS Champion (801) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

...made a breakfast pizza, too, to go with my latest beer (OB DbC). Please to enjoy. (Salumi/Arugula/balsamic onions)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,096) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Left hand raspberry milk stout [​IMG]

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 47 others like this.
  26. BeerVikingSailor

Trader

Thanks! Cheers.........

27. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (2,692) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 41 others like this.
  28. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (539) Nov 16, 2007 New York

my amazing wife is gonna make a corned beef brisket today - including one of these brews in her recipe - cheers![​IMG]
    and this old puppy tends to find the good light -
    [​IMG]

nicholas2121, aoampm, AD17 and 58 others like this.
  29. BeerVikingSailor

Trader

Another Irish brew - Guinness cupcakes baked, moving on to the Irish soda bread and then lunch / brunch stuff.....

[​IMG]

saw a red-headed woodpecker in my front yard while working in the kitchen - I am sooo lucky to live where I do!

[​IMG]

Irish music all day here!

AD17, LeperJim, MacMalt and 42 others like this.
  30. VABA

[​IMG]

Firestone Walker XXII
    Cheers!

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 49 others like this.
  31. VABA

[​IMG]

Aslin Sorbet

Cheers!

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 43 others like this.
  32. VABA

[​IMG]
    JW Lees Cask Harvest Ale
    Cheers!

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 45 others like this.
  33. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (339) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Igor's Dream (2017). A Russian Imperial Stout from Two Roads Brewing Company.
    Cheers!

[​IMG]

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 43 others like this.
  34. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Zealot (545) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm enjoying a 2017 Bourbon County Brand Stout. Haven't had one in a few months and it's every bit as good as I remembered. Full of chocolate, barrel & boozy goodness. Jeebus, I wish I could afford to drink nothing else.

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 41 others like this.
  35. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,502) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Just finished up that Lunch - think I've been drinking it for like an hour or two??? lol
    [​IMG]
    Lunch is a really good beer, but kinda overpriced...

I'm still good for a bottle once a year or so...

Anyways, this is happening now: Drawn and Quartered...
    [​IMG]
    Quadruple dry hopped 10% IIPA from Nightmare Brewing...

Features Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy, Enigma, and Citra hops...
    [​IMG]
    Sláinte...

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 49 others like this.
  36. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (8,986) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Ale Works .394 while waiting for breakfast

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 29 others like this.
  37. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (2,551) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Today is my middle son’s 16th birthday so I bought one for him too.
    [​IMG]

aoampm, AD17, LeperJim and 52 others like this.
  38. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,414) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

39. GOBLIN

GOBLIN Meyvn (1,362) Mar 3, 2013 Ohio
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Hello Ba ... Starting off with my first ever Hill Farmstead beer compliments of @jrc1093. Cheers !

superspak, aoampm, AD17 and 51 others like this.
  40. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Defender (628) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Beginning lunch prep with a nice, light little ole lager, Well done Stone.....
    [​IMG]
    Last day of applying Flourourcil topical chemo therapy cream. I swear I'll welcome skin cancer compared to this shit. I slept maybe 2 hours last night and had cold compresses on my head the rest of the night. I'm only applying to forehead and scalp....GRAPHIC PIC WARNING this pic is not me but very similar to the condition of my head....before and after
    [​IMG]

superspak, AD17, LeperJim and 40 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.