What beer are you drinking now? #2397

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JamFuel, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,046) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

From the basement 2016, 120 Minute from DFH
    This will be the sipper for the night.
    Cheers all

AD17, AdmiralOzone, jkblr and 17 others like this.
  2. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Champion (896) Apr 5, 2009 Oregon
    Society

Off work early and getting into a glass of Stable Genius at Level Beer..

Cheers BAs!

AD17, AdmiralOzone, jrc1093 and 20 others like this.
  3. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,982) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Love 120! How’s it drinking for you with 3 years on it? Cheers!

4. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,248) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Thanks. I am sending Strangeways crowlers they are not sours. IPAs mostly. But there are folks I trade with that like sours (not me for the most part), and I would very much like to send them some Veil or The Answer sours (or Joose) if they can be ok unrefrigerated for about three days.

LarryV and cjgiant like this.
  5. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (31,209) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Excellent Kolsch. Fantastic lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of juicy/tart/tangy pink guava, fruit skin/seeds, lemon, lime, peach, pear, melon, and red apple yeast; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit malts; herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery hops; and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Mediumplus carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Creamy/silky/grainy wheat; some sticky hops, and fruit tang/acid/tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing tart/bitter dryness; no pucker/astringency. Very flavorful/refreshing, not watery for 5.3%. Awesome balance of authentic juicy guava and clean pale/wheat malts; with nice earthy hop presence/balance, and restrained yeast fruitiness. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp dryness. Would buy again. Spot on bast style example for sure. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. beerdedking

beerdedking Devotee (459) Oct 15, 2008 Pennsylvania

Do I detect Amarillo here?

[​IMG]

7. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Camp site set up, Mrs. Z resting in our RV’s king size bed...high 80s, but humidity in the 30s and a nice breeze under large shade trees...beer me! Yellow Rose:

This IPA is growing on me! Cheers from San Antonio TX!

8. vette2006c5r

vette2006c5r Poo-Bah (2,962) Oct 14, 2009 Minnesota
    Society

Goose Island's SPF.......Very sweet, with lots of passion fruit. Refreshing.

AD17, AdmiralOzone, jkblr and 13 others like this.
  9. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,046) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

That bitter head snap, is just a bitter nod, a sweet dried fruit thread is out now. The Alcohol exhale still strong.
    Cheers

10. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,199) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Stone imperial Mexican chocolate stout with some homemade Mexican breakfast cookies.
    To answer @TheGent. from Sunday [​IMG]. Yes sometimes I plan out what I'm baking/cooking based on which beer I have in stock. Makes it interesting to try and find things that pair well

11. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Got six of them. Do not ask. Ignore the cans i the backgound. I did not drink them. Took them out of the refrigerator to let the condensation wear off. Their sorry asses are being shipped tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

12. mickyge

mickyge Champion (847) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Hey BA’s
    I traded some King Sue for some of this and Fayston Maple with a guy in work
    [​IMG]
    I went to the store for Lawson’s and they didn’t have it in. He went to the store for TG and they were out. Coincidence, I think not.
    Go Bruins
    This guy was one funny shit

#132 mickyge, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  13. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,863) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Sounds like a match made in heaven. Enjoy!

vabeerguy, HoppingMadMonk and LarryV like this.
  14. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Yep. Give it another year and the hops will be long gone and it will drink more like a strong ale/Barleywine, and the alcohol bite will mellow and the whole become more Sherry like, with layers of boozy dark fruit and earthy tobacco notes...to me anyway - Cheers!

15. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

New Ascension BA sour. This was fantastic. Great fluffy head retention/soapy lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big tart/sour key limes, citrus peel/zest, lemon, peach, pear, melon, red/green apple, white grape/wine, tequila, oak, hay, straw, and grass; with moderate vanilla, cream, agave, graham cracker, wheat, white bread dough malt sweetness; light peppercorn/lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tart/sourness, fruit tang; light citrus peel bitterness, and tequila/oak spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and body; very creamy/silky/grainy wheat/lactose; some lactic acid, fruit tang, and oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy/tannic dryness; no pucker. Very smooth, pretty refreshing, not overly lactic, minimal warming 7%. Fantastic balance of vibrant key limes, graham cracker, vanilla, Lacto complexity, and tequila barrel presence/integration; with a great lactose and pale/wheat malt backbone against acidity. Light residual sweetness with lingering acidic/tangy dryness. Amazing for an experimental beer, tastes just like the dessert. 4.25
    [​IMG]

Cheers

16. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Guayabera as the evening sets in and the temp (thankfully) starts to drop a little:

Our “HaRVey” in the background. Mrs. Z likes the breeze, so doors open, flys/bugs be damned!

17. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,336) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Very tasty brew ...

[​IMG]

18. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,187) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Skipping a run today, because it's late, and I'm starving, and I need to start cooking, like, now. So that means it's time to start drinking, as well!

[​IMG]
    Creature Comforts Tropicalia

Cheers!

19. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,679) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

20. mickyge

mickyge Champion (847) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Being a seafood lover I honestly care about pairings. I’d be in a lobster coma at 7 bucks a pop. Cheers

LarryV, BrewsOverHoes and Ocalafox like this.
  21. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (1,964) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

New England Brewing Co./Elm City Pilsner.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

22. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,636) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I had this at the brewery four years ago at the brewery, and they had Mornin’ Delight on tap, too. I also picked up 2 cases of Lightspeed bombers and muled them back to Minnesota.

That was a good beer nerd day.

This is pretty outstanding, IMHO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Devotee (447) Mar 26, 2011 California

Good day BA! Starting out with this

[​IMG]

24. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (449) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

Opened up a Colorado Lager and it completely and rapidly disappeared.. so I guess I’m not drinking anything

AdmiralOzone, jrc1093, SWChi and 8 others like this.
  25. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,636) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

#2, I’m enjoying this immensely. It’s like a malted milk ball in a big imperial stout.

That’s a good thing.

#DrinkLocal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Ice_Cream_And_IPAs

Ice_Cream_And_IPAs Champion (876) Jul 16, 2016 California
    Society Trader

Joining the WBAYDN today with this guy from Moonraker. Pretty good for a milkshake IPA, but these are still not my thing.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

27. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Nice glass. I remember when the brewery was a garage operation.

LarryV and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  28. Trull

Trull Initiate (159) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

A three year anniversary russian imperial stout from Castle Island. Drinking nice on this cold New England evening.

[​IMG]

29. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (441) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

On Tuesdays I like to put on my velvet smoking jacket, get out my pipe and slowly sip a Grand Cru.

[​IMG]

Then I strip down to my T-Shirt, revert to my usual level of hedonism and have an IPA.

[​IMG]

Bottoms up.

30. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Abomination Brewing DIPA. This was fantastic. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Opaquely hazy. Aromas and flavors of huge mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate honey, wheat, cracker, white bread dough, toasted biscuit malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; balanced creamy/silky/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering resin dryness; no cloying/astringency. Dangerously smooth, nicely soft, minimal warming 9.3%. Feels like Galaxy, Citra, Simcoe. Extremely juicy, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great balancing wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Spot on NEDIPA. 4.23
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Skolnick era is still my favorite, but the death/groove metal influenced set of albums in the mid/late 90s are still amazing.

31. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Meyvn (1,255) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Very Green is very good! Full flavored and smooth with moderate hop bitterness. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

32. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Done with beer. Time for cheap wine (fuck you @scream ) and tuna cakes. Yes we are gonna cook them. Do not be a smart ass.
    [​IMG]

33. SWChi

SWChi Zealot (575) Oct 25, 2012 Illinois
    Society

Celebrating Illinois Craft Beer Week, #ICBW @ Black Horizon for their Milkshake IPA Event...

Dreamsicle and Banana Split...

#153 SWChi, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  34. JLK7299

JLK7299 Meyvn (1,039) Apr 21, 2016 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Hill Farmstead Double Citra

AD17, AdmiralOzone, SWChi and 10 others like this.
  35. kjlcm

kjlcm Initiate (199) Jul 16, 2013 New Hampshire

[​IMG]
    Honey, lactose, and lots of hops. Liking this one. Go B’s!!

36. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Crusader (776) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Tequila/taco Tuesday with a side of Tuna. Tomorrow is the first get-up at 0355 in 5 days.....screw it, I'll have another soon.....
    [​IMG]

37. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,438) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Went to my daughter’s soccer game( they won 2-1), now home for a beer or two.
    [​IMG]

38. Txex06

Txex06 Initiate (174) Dec 28, 2016 Texas

Order a chelada in Texas and you get a glass of ice with fresh lime juice, salted rim, and a beer to pour in as you please. Michelada has the clamato/tomato juice. I'm much more of a chelada guy. Very refreshing when it's a 100° out.

cjgiant, LarryV and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  39. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Poo-Bah (2,679) Jan 30, 2012 Florida

40. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,678) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

Solid looking.

LarryV and BrewsOverHoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.