What beer are you drinking now? #2398

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Dutchcraftbeergeek, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YadiBEER_Molina

YadiBEER_Molina Initiate (50) Apr 14, 2017 Oregon

2. Ronmarley1

Ronmarley1 Disciple (362) Jan 20, 2014 Ohio
    Society

3. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,048) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (30,254) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Excellent NEIPA. Fantastic lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew, watermelon, red apple, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; balanced creamy/silky/bready malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering resin dryness; slight lingering hop astringency, but not overwhelming. Very smooth, nicely soft, not overly aggressive. Minimal warmth of 6.8%. Awesome El Dorado, Azacca, Calypo profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great balancing wheat/oat/malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Well made style example. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

5. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Crusader (750) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Great, easy drinker BA's! Thanks for meeting up this past Sunday @scream & Ms. Scream, always a great joy to visit with you! Oh yeah, your son knows a thing or 2 about brewing great beer!
    [​IMG]
    Music legend......

6. Purp1eOne

Purp1eOne Crusader (736) Oct 23, 2010 Illinois
    Society

First one of these, WOW!! this is an excellent stout.

Cheers!!

[​IMG]

7. benzodrums

benzodrums Initiate (103) Feb 19, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Time to rehearse and lay some rough demos..
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

8. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,902) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I remember the first time I had the base variant of this beer, and I was blown away. This DDH is even cloudier than I remember subsequent iterations, but it's tasty as a MFer. Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    When I start singing this one with the windows open, yes, my neighbors should be nervous.

9. Reef

Reef Zealot (565) Dec 2, 2016 South Carolina
    Society

[​IMG]
    Edmunds Oast Lord Proprietors Mild really hitting the spot tonight. I'm watching the Tour of California bicycle race stage from Laguna Seca to Morro Bay. Nice scenery and crazy racing. The race leader just snapped his chain!?

10. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,937) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Happy Naked Day!

11. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (1,902) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Her areolas are beautiful. Edit: My bad, that beer looks delicious. Cheers!

12. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (1,689) Sep 15, 2014 New York

Recycled pic, but, Solid Gold.

[​IMG]

Dat head! :dizzy_face:

13. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,586) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

This is a pretty nice drinker from Collective Arts after a LOOOOONG day in the salt mines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Excellent witbier. Fantastic fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Flavors of big lightly tart/tangy cherries, lemon, orange peel, coriander, peach, pear, melon, apricot, red apple, peppercorn, and light banana/clove/bubblegum yeast; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough malts; lighter notes of herbal, floral, woody, grassy hops and yeast earthiness. Similar/muted aromas. Light herbal, floral, woody, grassy bitterness; peppery yeast spiciness; and cherry/wheat tang/tartness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, medium body, and fairly crisp finishing. Very creamy/silky/grainy wheat, light sticky hops and cherry tang/acidity in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter/spicy/carbonated dryness. No cloying/astringency. Amazingly smooth, soft, and refreshing; no warmth of 5.8%. Awesome balance of classic Wit yeast, spices, and pale/wheat malts; with solid noble hops and cherry juice presence. Was expecting more cherries, but base style is spot on. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

15. Ocalafox

Society

Let there be rock BA's! This Alpha doesn't play; quit school because of recess......Just one of many "Alpha" beers lugged home from WI. Cheers to a hump-day wrap-up everyone, enjoy what's in your glass.....
    [​IMG]
    2009....these dudes (fu)kers) rocked.....

16. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,586) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

#2, this is courtesy of our friend @beerloserLI, and it is traveshamockery good. Wow am I digging this.

[​IMG]

17. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (4,681) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Upslope -- Rocky Mountain Kölsch

18. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (431) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Keep them doggies rollin’.

[​IMG]

Proclamation is making some good beer.

Mick Jagger posted this today. How old is this man? Is he actually older than me? I’ve got to catch my breath.

19. AD17

AD17 Champion (884) Nov 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Society

Loving having access to TG

[​IMG]

20. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,361) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Digging into some sushi in the presence of the King.

21. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,385) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Out in the road again, back in charming Alexandria, VA. Some Shiner Bock while I wait for my "authentic Coney dogs." Let's see how that stack up to the ones back home in Detroit.

[​IMG]

22. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (3,048) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

I have never tried that, but I have had their chili over rice and chili over spaghetti, pretty tasty and very reasonably priced. Enjoy!
    ps- Rustico which carries a great draft list is a few streets north of there.

LarryV and Tripel_Threat like this.
  23. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Disciple (367) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

Wanted something with a bite that I could drink somewhat fast. This is it:

24. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,289) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Glorious evening for a change ...

[​IMG]

25. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,419) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Out of the bottle in the yard with Snickers the cat. Back to work for a week tomorrow so I’ll be here less frequently.
    [​IMG]

26. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,494) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Enjoying some Tired Hands Trendler Schwarzbier, cheers!
    [​IMG]

27. Ronmarley1

Ronmarley1 Disciple (362) Jan 20, 2014 Ohio
    Society

Perfect beer for golf.

[​IMG]

28. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Another from @The-Adjunct-Hippie. Outstanding German pils. Great fluffy head retention/spotty foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big lightly tart limes, citrus peel/rind, cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit, wood, peppercorn, and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, woody, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness; and light lime tang/tartness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, light-medium body, and moderate crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and light acids/resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing bitter/carbonated dryness; no hop astringency. Perfectly clean lager flavors, no fruity/yeasty notes. Very flavorful/refreshing, not watery for 5%. Perfectly balanced between vibrant limes, clean pils malts, and German noble hops. Zero residual sweetness with crisp dryness. They couldn't have possibly done it any better IMO. Went down so easily. 4.15
    [​IMG]

Cheers

29. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,645) Dec 1, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Tired Hands Guillemot Prunum

[​IMG]

30. YadiBEER_Molina

31. larryi86

Society Trader

How is it? I’ve been meaning to buy a bottle.

LarryV likes this.
  32. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,430) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Founders CBS 2018, aged 6 months.

[​IMG]

33. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,937) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Sightseeing done for the day...back at the ranch with a Jai Alai:

Nice breeze, upper 80s in the shade with low humidity - I’ll take it!

34. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,645) Dec 1, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

I really enjoyed it, took the bottle solo. Assertively sour but not extreme, gentle sweetness offsets that to some degree. Vanilla adds a nice touch. If you like dark sours you’ll dig it, glad I sprung for this one.

I don’t get to Tired Hands too often anymore but the last few years I’ve always been happy with my bottled purchases, can’t recall
    Having one I didn’t enjoy.

LarryV likes this.
  35. tolar111

tolar111 Defender (653) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society

Drinking Industrial Arts Wrench

[​IMG]

Had no idea Stephen Hawking rapped

#115 tolar111, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  36. larryi86

Society Trader

That sounds tasty, I do enjoy a good dark sour. Glad it falls in line with their other bottles, personally I think their bottle should be more hyped than their cans.

LarryV likes this.
  37. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (1,507) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio

Enjoying a Black Label..
    Chrees BA!!!

38. YadiBEER_Molina

39. Ocalafox

Society

Nice Uinta Test Phaze IPA here....definitely would buy again if it's fresh. Ah....the Hammond B3 organ with a Leslie speaker. It was the staple for "rock" bands playing Uriah Heep or REO SpeedWagon, or a few other 70's bands I'm sure. Uriah Heep may have been the loudest band (Kiss 2nd) I ever saw. All those amps in the Hollywood Sportatorium.......a big ass metal shed.....Cheers BA's!
    [​IMG]
    Let'er rip boys.....this one needs some volume......

40. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,361) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Next up, the Boss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.