What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2426

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ozzylizard, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (4,095) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

Whoa... trubby

VABA likes this.
  2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,621) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday. Worst drive home of all time. They dug a hole in the middle of the road and had to divert one way traffic. Took me 45 minutes to go 3 miles. Got my HR pay problem sorted out, will get the lost half week next time.

50th beer review from them now. Awesome APA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, honeydew melon, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, toasted biscuit, light honeyed malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malt, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing resin dryness, no hop astingency. Very smooth, pretty refreshing, zero warming 5.3%. Awesome Amarillo showcase. Very vibrant, juicy, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great balancing clean pale malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp resin dryness. Spot on stuff as expected. 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Listened to Black metal all day again. Discovered this band and they are awesome. Most of their albums are Progressive style. Quite a few very long songs.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,214) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    My last can of this watching the wife and her team play some beach volleyball. A little chilly down here, but nice enough. Cheers.

beerloserLI, bstyle, MacMalt and 24 others like this.
  4. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,154) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

The legend. That is all.
    [​IMG]

5. Txex06

Txex06 Initiate (182) Dec 28, 2016 Texas
    Trader

6. JLK7299

JLK7299 Meyvn (1,088) Apr 21, 2016 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Focal Banger

JLPettimore, MacMalt, VABA and 16 others like this.
  7. Runnerhiker

Runnerhiker Initiate (143) Jun 4, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

Because hydration is important when you are working.

8. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

HOMES sour DIPA. This was amazing. Lasting creamy head retention/thick soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big lightly tart/tangy lemon, lime, orange juice, citrus peel/zest, red grapefruit, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, guava, berries, red/green apple, white grape/wine, hay, straw, herbal, floral, and grass; with moderate vanilla, cream, wheat, graham cracker, toasted bread malts; lighter notes of peppercorn, pine, lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Mild fruity/lactic tartness, fruit tang; and pine, zesty, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy, silky, bready, grainy malts/lactose; light sticky hops, fruit tang, and lactic acid in the mouithfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter/acid/tangy dryness, no cloying, pucker. Dangerously smooth/soft, minimal warming 8%. Amazing Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Galaxy profile. Balanced juicy, vibrant and lightly dank hops, citrus zests, and lacto complexity; with a perfectly balanced lactose, vanilla, wheat/malt backbone. Lightly sweet with lingering dryness. Wow, just nailed everything for a sour milkshake IPA. 4.38
    [​IMG]

Cheers

9. Reef

Reef Defender (649) Dec 2, 2016 South Carolina
    Society

[​IMG]
    Wacky day where I had to drive several hours in the rain. I survived and get to enjoy a nice smokey beer. Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen.

10. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,158) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Had a taste for a pilsner

Cheers

11. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,458) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

That's a lot of goats.

Thank you. Definitely saving this photo for later.

VABA, LarryV and jkblr like this.
  12. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Meyvn (1,385) Apr 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Cellarmaker - Mt. Nelson. A 5.7%abv pale ale featuring nothin’ but Nelson Sauvin. Sign me up!
    Delicious.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers Gang

13. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,495) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Azor Ahai . A TIPA brewed by Turning Point. Courtesy of @r0rschach . A great kick ass IPA. Thanks dude.
    [​IMG]

14. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,158) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Now for something a little more in your face

Cheers

15. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

New brewery to MI. Cork + Cap format. This was incredible. Great fluffy head retention/soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge sour/tart/tangy peaches, fruit fuzz/skin/pits, apricot, lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, pineapple, pear, mango, melon, red/green apple, white grape/wine, oak, hay, straw, and grass; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bready malts; lighter notes of peppercorn, leathery/musty/lacto funk, white wine vinegar, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tart/sourness, fruity tang; and light yeast/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/grainy wheat, lactic acid, fruit tang, and oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing acidic/tangy/tannic dryness; minimal pucker sourness. Very smooth, not overly lactic, no warmth of 6.9%. Amazing balance between juicy/jammy peaches and Brett/Bacteria complexity; with great oak presence, and pale/wheat malts against acidity. Zero residual sweetness with crisp acidic dryness. Highly impressive spontaneous sour. 4.3
    [​IMG]

Cheers

This album is fucking insane. I need to listen to the rest of the discography ASAP.

16. EMH73

EMH73 Poo-Bah (2,035) Sep 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

So glad.you liked, also so glad I bought 2 four packs.

LarryV and vabeerguy like this.
  17. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Champion (877) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Apparently there's a hockey game tonight.......Let's gitter done Bruins!
    [​IMG]

18. vabeerguy

Society Trader

You are a wise man.

LarryV and EMH73 like this.
  19. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Meyvn (1,300) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey

Finishing up some Mexican cake[​IMG]

20. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Manticore . A stout brewed by 903. Courtesy of @r0rschach . Thanks my friend.
    [​IMG]

21. EMH73

Society Trader

Nah, I just have good taste.

22. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,472) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Finally, first beer of the day. And paying homage to @TheIPAHunter, going LAAARRRRRGE

I thought about rubbing it on my bald head but decided it would be of more benefit in a glass :stuck_out_tongue:
    Canned on 5/29/19

[​IMG]

#102 LarryV, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  23. Runnerhiker

Runnerhiker Initiate (143) Jun 4, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

This might sound weird, but to me this is like the lemon-lime Gatorade of beers. Very refreshing when you’re sweating hard. The sea salt is very pronounced.

24. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,949) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Local workhorse IPA. Cheers![​IMG]

25. SWChi

SWChi Defender (612) Oct 25, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

Hop Butcher. All the craze over here... Cheers!!!

26. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Fantastic hazy DIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew, watermelon, red apple, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, toasted biscuit malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Super smooth/soft, minimal warming 8.5%. Fantastic Simcoe, Citra, El Dorado profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a great balancing wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Will buy again, loved the hop profile as expected. 4.23
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Another recent new discovery. Former Immortal guitarist made the band a few years ago. New album out next month.

27. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (4,095) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

KBS is your daddy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Playing some old school Oregon Trail and eating some crackers and Jarlsberg dip. Cheers

28. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Yes you do.

Got any plans for the summer? Travel? Wine and dine? Drink yourself shit faced? Strike that last one.

eppCOS and LarryV like this.
  29. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,805) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Eviltwin Irish-ish Coffee Stout, 10.3% ABV. Pours black, with a 1.24 finger brown head that left tons of foamy lacing. Nose is roast malt and lactose. Taste is roast malt, milk, oak, coffee, vanilla and nutmeg, with moderate bitterness. Nutmeg aftertaste lingers. Decent mouthfeel, if a bit over-carbonated. Overall excellent.

4.2/5 rDev 0%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

[​IMG]

30. mickyge

mickyge Savant (947) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Hey BA’s
    Breaking out the good glassware tonight. Go Bruins!!
    [​IMG]

31. EMH73

Society Trader

All of the above, especially the last one.

vabeerguy and LarryV like this.
  32. 7irondave

7irondave Zealot (522) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Game 7 baby!

Let's go B's!!!!! Tuukka is going to solidify The Conn Smythe tonight

[​IMG]

A lot going on here. Cinnamon, coffee and maple take the lead with strawberry lingering in the aftertaste

Thanks @Dark_Scarecrow for my pregame brew

33. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,472) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

I hope all goes well with your surgery and you come out on top of the game! Cheers!

34. colby600

colby600 Zealot (543) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

It's time for the Bruins to move in for the kill. Cheers
    [​IMG]

35. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,718) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Tomorrow summer officially starts for me, celebrating a little early with Sucaba, cheers!
    [​IMG]

36. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,035) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Sometimes I mix it up, but not my normal happiness.

37. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,277) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Game 7, Let's go B's Boulder Beer Company's Due East New England Style IPA

38. vabeerguy

Society Trader

You do know that is up to debate.

EMH73 likes this.
  39. Chaz

Chaz Poo-Bah (2,074) Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Aass Pilsner from Norway.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

40. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (1,938) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good evening BA
    I am drinking Canadian beer out of a giant hockey skate as a sacrifice to the hockey gods. Let's go Blues!
    [​IMG]
    I haven’t had this beer in over 20 years. It was our beer of choice in high school. My buddy's grandpa kept it hid from his grandma and would let my friend have one when he was there. He told us about it and I figured out if I went to the store in dirty work clothes and bought old man beer, I wouldn't get carded. Good memories.

Cheers all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.