What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2463

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ozzylizard, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,765) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I honestly didn't see his response but what I can tell you: It reminds me of the old Bob's Big Boy burger joints when I was growing up. I loved that place as a kid. :sunglasses: If I'm not mistaken, I think the oldest one in the country is right there in California.

[​IMG]

#241 jzeilinger, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Disciple (396) Mar 29, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

3. brewskis

brewskis Champion (814) Jun 8, 2012 Indiana

Lil Beaver Pineapple Vanilla Space Crystals Milkshake (triple dry-hopped w/ Citra). Basically straight pineapple juice. The adjuncts dominate, but it is still enjoyable.

[​IMG]

beerloserLI, VABA, MacMalt and 15 others like this.
  4. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,005) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

My last of these. While it was different I don’t need to grab it again.
    [​IMG]

This heat is relentless. Wishful thinking song.

hopsputin, MacMalt, jkblr and 12 others like this.
  5. Troutbeerbum

Troutbeerbum Initiate (183) Dec 5, 2016 Maine

Good to be here! By the time I get done work and do paperwork/billing and have a couple beers, it's usually pretty late. Things should slow down a bit by September. In a good way.
    Looking forward to hearing some @LarryV jams! And I have not forgotten your 4-Pack @vabeerguy

6. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,485) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

7. Buckeye55

Buckeye55 Poo-Bah (6,393) Jan 11, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

Hefweizen Grapefruit Bier from Schofferhofer. Refreshing as hell!

An odd group

MacMalt, AZBeerDude72, jkblr and 11 others like this.
  8. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Champion (846) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Bourbon Barrel aged Serpent Bite (Dry hopped sour)
    [​IMG]

beerloserLI, VABA, MacMalt and 12 others like this.
  9. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,503) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Dude. Not necessary. Just glad to hear your business is looking good. I never had the balls to open my own shop.

10. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,175) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Great Gose! Flavors of big juicy/lightly tart watermelon, jolly ranchers, lemon, lime, green apples, berries, and sea salt; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread malts; light lacto funk and yeast earthiness. Touch of herbal hops. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tartness; light yeast spiciness, fruit tang, and herbal bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced grainy wheat creaminess and lactic acid in the mouthfeel; light salinity. Lightly increasing tart/tangy dryness, never puckering. Super flavorful and refreshing. Really great balance between the watermelon and fruity/lacto yeast. On the sweeter/less acidic side for the style; but still has adequate tartness. What I really love about this is the fact that the watermelon flavors don't have the usual cucumber vibe going on; but it does not feel that artificial either. Glad this is back, will be one of my main summer beers like last year.(among many others).
    [​IMG]

Cheers

hopsputin, beerloserLI, VABA and 17 others like this.
  11. Buckeye55

Society

Come on man, how the hell do you make the dog do that? Or is it even a dog, or a robot, android, child in a dog suit, alf?

12. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (5,192) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

I get this incredible trade from @superspak today (along with the latest Craft Beer & Brewing magazine in the mail), and what do I drink first at the tail end of this 103° F day (after a brutal day of outdoor work) while grilling cheeseburgers for Sweet Mrs. Goot and Rocket the Wonder Dog...good ol' Stroh's Bohemian-Style Pilsener -- it just seemed right for this kind of day...

...and I love this movie scene on many levels, especially today: hot, dirty outside work, the film was shot in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio, I just love Stroh's...and the movie is just damn fine...

beerloserLI, VABA, MacMalt and 13 others like this.
  13. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,623) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

North Carolina is hot?

Who'da thunk it?

14. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,058) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Double Motueka Daydream. A new Other Half beer for me. Earthy tropical fruit aspect. Faint durian. Lime zest. Sweet tropical fruit. Overly ripened mango and banana bread. A distinctive beer. And a distinguished one.

Cheers!

hopsputin, beerloserLI, VABA and 15 others like this.
  15. Buckeye55

Society

Gotta love the zebra. Gonna pick up some more before Summer is over

superspak, mikeinportc and LarryV like this.
  16. Buckeye55

Society

Yea, but not normally like this with all the humidity. It's like f-ing Florida here. I love the heat, but this is getting ridiculous. One good thing is its killing my lawn so my old ass doesn't have to mow

17. joe1510

Is durian the corpse fruit or is that jackfruit?

Or some other fruit?

mikeinportc, LarryV and TheGent like this.
  18. joe1510

What section of Carolina? I make it down to Charlotte often-ish and the surrounding small town BBQ meccas.

LarryV likes this.
  19. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (10,443) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

Toppling Goliath King Sue

20. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,261) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

Pretty tasty brew.

Kitchen Sink IPA | Two Roads Brewing Company

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    Chad Wackerman Forty Reasons (German) 1991 CMP Records
    [​IMG]
    Chad Wackerman The View (German) 1993 CMP Records
    [​IMG]

21. TheGent

Society Trader

If by corpse you mean the smell and taste, then yes.

I’ve never had jackfruit, so I cannot comment there.

mikeinportc and joe1510 like this.
  22. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,169) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

“I once was something, now tell me anything.”

Old Towne IPA at Tustin Brew Co:

hopsputin, beerloserLI, VABA and 12 others like this.
  23. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Zealot (539) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Happy Fridays BAs!

Having a Galaxy Single Hopped IPA.

Cheers Advocates!
    [​IMG]

24. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,077) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

It is winter in Australia, player. Here is a proper Ohio summer music video!

VABA, mikeinportc and Buckeye55 like this.
  25. vabeerguy

Society Trader

I remember Alf. And Mork from Ork.

mikeinportc and Buckeye55 like this.
  26. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,175) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Incredible IPA as always, one of my main classic favorites. Lasting thick head retention/lacing the whole glass. Aromas and flavors of big red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, melon, citrus peel/zest, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate toasted bread, light honey/caramel malt balance; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light lingering resins/rinds. Fairly crisp/drying, and extremely drinkable; never astringent. Never gets old, always fantastic. I will always love classic C hopped beers, even with all of the new hop varieties around. Awesome vibrant/juicy, and fairly dank/earthy Centennial hops; great balancing bready Munich malt backbone, with minimal residual sweetness from lingering crisp resin dryness. Been keeping it around more often this year. Just got a fresh pack this week. Less than a month old.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

hopsputin, beerloserLI, VABA and 14 others like this.
  27. Troutbeerbum

Troutbeerbum Initiate (183) Dec 5, 2016 Maine

It's terrifying and extremely rewarding at the same time. Still working 40 hours at my regular job, building up clients until it's time to go. I can see it getting closer, but a ways to go yet.
    I'm not green in this business. 20 years in construction/landscape. I'm the foreman of a company that I've been at for 14 years. It's time to move on and have that independence. Anyway, I would encourage anyone who wants to do their own thing to do it. It can be done. Just don't quit your day job to do it. I have no backers, no trust fund, I literally started this business with nothing but a few hand tools. Whatever it is you do, you can do it if you have a plan.
    And this is coming from someone who doesn't believe in pep talks and motivational bull shit.

AZBeerDude72, jkblr, beergoot and 4 others like this.
  28. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (491) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

I always thought that Bob’s Big Boy (near me it was called Elias’ Big Boy - but what a tortured history for that place) ripped off McDonalds’ Big Mac. Now I learn that the Big Boy was around for 30 or 40 years before the Big Mac?

Damn.

But, the history of McDonalds is pretty damn bleak.

29. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,367) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/33136/367941/

[​IMG]

16 oz. can.
    Moderate pour yields a 3/8 inch light pink head over a dark pinkish-purplish body with scant lacing. Nose of black raspberry. Taste of black raspberry and maple. Why is this an IPA? It's giving NEIPAs a bad name. Yet another BBCo offering I will leave on my bar 'til morning to see how much white powder comes out of solution. Cheers?

30. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,724) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Some Prima Pils to finish my night and vacation, cheers!
    [​IMG]

VABA, MacMalt, AZBeerDude72 and 10 others like this.
  31. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (4,110) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

32. joe1510

That beer sounds great...

mikeinportc, vabeerguy and TheGent like this.
  33. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (6,765) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Trying to spend some time here in the Beer Garden since it's now at the coolest point of the entire day. 'Ya know it's really humid out when you go from AC to the muggy outdoors and the glass instantly steams up!! I'll come back later, still too hot outside!

[​IMG]

Ahhhhh, much better sitting here with the fans (aka: natural mosquito repellent) set to "High". And a big shout out to @SawDog505 for this hand delivered, yet another amazing Kettlehead IPA. So jealous this place is practically in your backyard. If I were you, I'd just run an I.V. line directly to the house!! :crazy_face::grimacing::smile:

[​IMG]

Pretty peaceful and "solace" as I sit here by myself in the Beer Garden enjoying good shah and tunes here at the Virtual Bar. My "workstation" ...

[​IMG]

It's Friday night. Keep the faith. :wink::beers:!!

34. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,159) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Sure did. Canned 6-20

vabeerguy likes this.
  35. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,479) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

36. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (4,044) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

@jzeilinger he looks more like but has his Mother’s eyes, but people see what they see so you aren’t wrong either.[​IMG]

37. vabeerguy

Society Trader

My dad had a side business. Waxing floors (with equipment). Mostly banks and bars before they opened. Made enough to pay me when I helped and feed his booze and cigarette habits.

Brother in law #, fuck I forgot the number, had his own lawn servce business for 10 plus years. Made more than me and I am a CPA. Sold the business because he was an incredible welder and he was offerred something he could not refuse. Now retired, he started a lawn business again just to make some beer money. Already got 35 customers.

38. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,422) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

A bath, some red wine, some music, and some BBQ ribs ... and I'm about ready for bed. Riiiiight after one more POG Basement.

[​IMG]

Cheers and good night, BAs!

hopsputin, beerloserLI, VABA and 13 others like this.
  39. TheGent

Society Trader

Smells and tastes great too...

mikeinportc, joe1510 and vabeerguy like this.
  40. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (4,846) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

How nice of you to think of me. You should really do it less, but I know you can't help it.

Haven't grabbed the first beer at home, but listening to Bowie, currently:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.