What beer are you drinking now? #2464

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by JamFuel, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,230) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

Pretty tasty brew.

Brigadeiro | Springdale Barrel Room

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    Chad Wackerman Dreams Nightmares And Improvisations 2012 Chad Wackerman
    [​IMG]
    Waternoise Waternoise 1996 Waternoise
    [​IMG]

2. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,541) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

[​IMG]

At Holy Mountain and starting off with a Second Death Helles.

AD17, Franziskaner, Squire and 19 others like this.
  3. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,444) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

I have not opened this one yet. Thanks for sending though. Just too many good brews you sent.

How is life treating you up there in the Garden State?

4. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Savant (951) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

5. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,082) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

Ice cold Modelo with a Mesa burrito:

beerloserLI, AD17, tolar111 and 24 others like this.
  6. philbe311

philbe311 Poo-Bah (2,003) Jan 21, 2008 Pennsylvania

Enjoying two crowlers of Tires Hands (simplicity in the sunset and big dream sympathetic)...

Watching the DMB live stream on YouTube...

Cheers

AD17, Squire, BrewsOverHoes and 13 others like this.
  7. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,471) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I had an ‘88 Iroc-z convertible....if you dented my hood we’d be trading fists! ....then drinking after.

LarryV, KentT and GreenBayBA like this.
  8. KentT

KentT Aspirant (205) Oct 15, 2008 Tennessee

This is so Southern, have fists at each other, let it out, drink together and make up afterwards. It all comes around, "We can only return from where we came. And go round again, in the circle game". We let it out, we make up, and try to stay friends.

LarryV, TrojanRB and mschrei like this.
  9. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,371) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

New Big Lake Shandy. This was awesome. Nice fluffy head retention/spotty lacing for the style. Aromas and flavors of big tart/tangy lemon juice, lime, citrus peel/zest, peach, pear, melon, red apple, wheat, cracker, white bread dough; with lighter notes of peppercorn, clove, banana, herbal, floral, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate citrus peel/zesty bitterness; fruit tang/tartness; and peppery yeast spiciness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy wheat, sticky hops, citrus peel/rinds, and some citrus tang/acids in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing bitter/spicy/tangy dryness; no hop/fruit astringency. Very flavorful/refreshing, not watery for 4.2%. Awesome balance of super vibrant lemons/peels and American wheat yeast; with a great pale/wheat malt backbone and earthy hop presence for the style/ABV. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp drying. Spot on stuff.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

beerloserLI, AD17, tolar111 and 16 others like this.
  10. vabeerguy

Society Trader

My plans went awry. Was gonna stick to beer. Really Mike. Wine time. Fuck you @scream . Lost count. Maybe # 3 or #4. Night will not end well. Just hope that my wife takes my toys before my posts get really fucked up.

Having said that. I am kinda mellow. Daughter #2 is spending the night and she and her mom are yaking away. Life is good.
    [​IMG]
    Yes again.

beerloserLI, AD17, tolar111 and 18 others like this.
  11. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,063) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I would not have touched that vehicle out of respect, but I did get into a situation in 1995 over someone putting out a cigarette on my mom's Nissan. We did eventually make amends while we shared a Pabst together, but I still think about that situation.

VABA, LarryV and vabeerguy like this.
  12. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (6,279) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

SN Sidecar
    [​IMG]

AD17, VABA, Franziskaner and 18 others like this.
  13. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,024) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Moving right along, BA. We just put on Fire Masters for the first time. Really enjoying this new show on the Cooking Channel. Lots of meat and fire.

beerloserLI, AD17, tolar111 and 19 others like this.
  14. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,554) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Man, it is hot! But it's probably even hotter in Richmond. The Yacht Jams was released last week and I think it's already changed. Last week there was more banana, cream, and graham cracker. Tonight, there was more coconut and fruit. It's more pina colada-like. Still good, though. Brix City has really hit its stride. I enjoy reading your posts. Cheers!

15. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,697) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Kids and wife are in bed. Time for Chapter 6.

AD17, tolar111, VABA and 22 others like this.
  16. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Awesome!

LarryV and GreenBayBA like this.
  17. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,424) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Having a couple beers with my neighbor. Drinking this just to get it out of my fridge, it's a little past its prime.

[​IMG]

beerloserLI, AD17, tolar111 and 18 others like this.
  18. vabeerguy

Society Trader

I gotta say. Be nice to this dude. He sends awesome brews.

If you ever get your sorry ass to Richmond and do not look me up I will be pissed as shit. I already got the brewery tour lined up.

KentT, LarryV and GreenBayBA like this.
  19. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Dave Matthews. Got his start in Charlottesville, Va. Wife and I have been a few times to the bar he used to play.

LarryV, GreenBayBA and philbe311 like this.
  20. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,541) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

[​IMG]

Now onto a trio of half pours at Holy Mountain. Starting off with the Awake Limbs Hoppy Lager. Never had a dank lager before this, but this is beautiful. Should have gone full pour of it. I can see a repeat visit to Holy Mountain during this trip just to have this again in the works.

21. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Meyvn (1,017) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Society Trader

Good song :beers:

JayWhitson, GreenBayBA and vabeerguy like this.
  22. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,096) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Tonight, for dinner, I steam heated a Canadian wild Sockeye Salmon fillet with a yogurt and spicy Chinese chilies paste I improvised...Mrs. Z even liked!...now for dessert - CCB’s “The Smiling Nut”, a Rye Whisky BA Imperial Stout w/ Pistachios & Vanilla:

It’s 7pm, sunny and the temperature has dropped to 66...sunset is an hour away...

And this beer is drinking even better than when I had it on tap in March at the brewery during TBBW - the rye/whiskey has backed off a bit, as has the booze, and the nutty pistachio flavors are forefront...creamy smooth feel... vanilla on the backend...D freakin’ delicious! It’s early (here in California), and I may have to have another pour before bed or (not so cheap) sparkling white wine...cheers!

23. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,267) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

I just finished watching "First Man" on HBO. 50 years ago today, our garage band was practicing in the basement of an oceanfront house in Seaside Park, NJ. We were called upstairs to watch the first lunar landing. The grandfather of two of my bandmates had made some homemade Grappa and wanted to share in honor of this iconic event. I was 16 and not of Italian descent as the rest of the band was. They were used to it and I was definitely not! Yikes!!! What an unforgettable experience of dynamic proportions. Cheers!!!

[​IMG]

#423 bobv, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    AD17, Franziskaner, Squire and 10 others like this.
  24. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,122) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

Beer and cigar time.
    [​IMG]
    Chris Cornell was born on this day.

Chester Bennington died on this day.

Both of them should still be here.

25. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Savant (951) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

26. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Savant (980) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

Saugatuck Brewing Bonfire Brown Ale. Cheers!

AD17, tolar111, BrewsOverHoes and 6 others like this.
  27. ichorNet

ichorNet Meyvn (1,129) Mar 16, 2010 Massachusetts

A new adjunct-laden double milk stout from Branch & Blade in my glass...

[​IMG]

Review here!

28. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (10,356) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

Firestone Walker Cashmere XPA
    Truly Black Cherry
    Strange Days Basic Batch: Caramel Machiato
    Zipline Tropicality

29. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,122) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

Awesome story, sir. I arrived about three years and three months after the momentous occasion. If there’s one thing I wish I could have seen happen on live tv, it was the moon landing. Cheers!!

30. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Poo-Bah (1,901) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    13 hours at work, and another hour working on the fair booth = I'm spent.

It also equals a beer from Starry Eyed Brewing in Little Falls, MN - Stray Double IPA. In fact, since it's a double, I'm now on my second, but too lazy to take, and post a second picture.

At least I only have 11 hours of work tomorrow.

So looking forward to September when we will be closing the restaurant on Sunday, so I can finally get a much needed regular day off.

31. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (5,090) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

North Peak -- Havoc (another fine beer from @superspak)

4.1/5 rDev -2.8%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Golden amber body; outstanding carbonation, slowly rising and dense; incredibly thick and sculpted head. Nice aroma; resinous and a bit floral in chacter; somewhat subdued; very mild dried strawberry and blueberry. Malty with a bread crust character; dank sweetness with some very subtle fruity esters; bitterness starts developing midway into the taste then builds to a prominent and biting presence. Heavy body; smooth and velvety; creamy; some alcohol warmth and dryness.

This is a very fine American IPA, old school in looks and hop bitterness forwardness. It conceals its relatively high ABV well with its robust malt sweetness and density, while the hop profile does a fine job of cutting through the sweetness and adding some nice counterpoint with its deep, resinous, and prickly attributes. A very fine ale...
    ---------
    This may be my final beer tonight. And what a night -- great beers, some very tasty take-n-bake pizza, great rainy weather, and the evening sky exhibiting that strange, yellowish glow with very dark skies to the east (which could mean some very severe weather out that way, but makes for a magical atmosphere in my neighborhood).

32. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

New hoppy kettle sour. This was delicious. Solid head retention/minimal lacing. Aromas and flavors of tart/tangy lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, mango, honeydew melon, passion fruit, papaya, red/green apple, white grape/wine, hay, straw, herbal, floral, and grass; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough malts; light peppercorn, lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light lactic tartness; and herbal, floral, grassy bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Creamy/grainy wheat/oats, some lactic acid, and light sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/carbonated dryness; zero pucker. Very flavorful/refreshing, mildly lactic, not watery for 4%. Great balance of juicy Citra hops and Lacto complexity; with a great oat/wheat/malt backbone against acidity for the ABV. Mild residual sweetness with crisp drying. Impressive summer sour. The Mills has been improving the last few years. Never regret buying any new 4 packs.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

This album will probably be played at my funeral. That's how amazing it is.

33. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Damn, not only are you an American hero but you canm cook.

That aside, we have had that salmon before. May have to hit you up for your recipe.

34. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Glad you enjoyed it. That was one of their best classic West coast's in recent years that I had. Definitely worth buying again.

35. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Savant (980) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

Founders Pilsner. Cheers!

AD17, tolar111, BrewsOverHoes and 7 others like this.
  36. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Meyvn (1,017) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Society Trader

Having a great Helles lager by Old Nation

Photo inspiration goes out to @joe1510

CHEERS

37. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Defender (688) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Stone: Aggro Agronomist
    [​IMG]

38. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,554) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    It's still like 85 degrees and muggy as hell. Mrs. Mac is sound asleep and I've retired to the cool, dry basement for one more beer and maybe a dram of Makers Mark. This is my first go at a beer from Wilmington Brewing Co. in NC. It's a lite version of a dry, bitter, West Coast IPA and at 5.4% it goes down way too easily. I'll be reviewing a bigger IPA from Wilmington on NBS tomorrow. I'm tempted to open it now but NBS has its protocols and it's not yet midnight.

39. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (3,949) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society

Polished off that 750 ml Imperial Stout and with the heat today I need more stout..? Here’s a regional American Stout. Seems fitting with all the Area 51 hubub lately.
    [​IMG]

Not a song about aliens, but as a kid that moog organ sounds like a spaceship:

40. Oh_Dark_Star

Oh_Dark_Star Meyvn (1,176) Mar 4, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

The mash had good coconut after some years aged, but was sweet, thin, and simple overall.
    Still a decent Bruery brew that's filling the nightcap bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.