What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2465

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,597) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Another nice barrel aged sour from DFH, details on NBS, cheers!
    [​IMG]

2. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,006) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

You're right, but it's all love. Only negative towards Trill these days. I love you.

LarryV and Hiwattowner like this.
  3. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (450) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Looking great on those chickens.

LarryV and mickyge like this.
  4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (31,705) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

NBS #4

Incredible milkshake sour. Fantastic head retention/foamy lacing. Amazing color. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy/tart/tangy blueberry, raspberry, fruit skin/seed, lime, citrus peel/zest, orange, peach, plum, pear, apricot, red/green apple, currant, red grape/wine, hay, straw, and grass; with balanced vanilla, cream, wheat, biscuit dough malts sweetness; light peppercorn, musty/lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light fruity/lactic tartness, fruit tang, and Brett spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy, silky, bready, grainy wheat/lactose; some lactic acid, and fruit tang/tannins in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering acidic/tangy dryness; no cloying/pucker. Amazingly smooth/soft, zero warming 6.5%. Amazing balance between super juicy/jammy fruit, and Brett/Lacto complexity; with a great rich lactose, and pale/wheat malt backbone against acidity. Light residual sweetness with lingering acidic/tangy dryness. Not as amazing as the Double Boysenberry Blackberry Black Currant version, but really close. This one is definitely softer/silkier. 4.28
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 13 others like this.
  5. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,136) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

I have never disliked anything from this brewery.
    This offering is no exception!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/12172/418529/

[​IMG]

11.2 oz. bottle.
    15% abv.
    Moderate to vigorous pour yields a 1/8 inch tan head over a black body with no lacing as head is gone in a couple minutes. Nose of vanilla, dark roasted malts, dark fruit, coffee, and whisky. Taste mirrors nose very well with a bit of Kahlua (!?!) and finishing nicely with vanilla, caramel, and whisky. Wow! Nice feel and overall, another excellent offering from Landvetter, Sweden. Cheers!!!

C&P from NBS.

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 13 others like this.
  6. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Poo-Bah (3,009) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio

I used to really love this beer, not so much anymore. It comes off as bland anymore, and boozy. The scotch is choice.
    [​IMG]

7. AD17

AD17 Savant (917) Nov 5, 2013 New Jersey
    Society

Last one of the weekend

[​IMG]

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 20 others like this.
  8. MUSHROOMCLOUD

MUSHROOMCLOUD Poo-Bah (1,636) Mar 4, 2005 Texas
    Society

Back today from a work trip to Sacramento - was able to hit up Big Stump, Track 7, and Bike Dog.
    [​IMG]

9. jrc1093

jrc1093 Champion (838) Mar 18, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Thought I'd follow suit with a few other BAs and crack a personal favorite (not to mention a fitting brew for a steamy day)...Cheers, all! Hope everyone's staying hydrated and cool!

10. Hiwattowner

Did somebody say Sip?

[​IMG]

11. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,450) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Kelly’s Heroes is one of my favorite all time movies!

scream, LarryV and Hiwattowner like this.
  12. JonB25

JonB25 Defender (605) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Society Trader

13. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (4,861) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Russian River -- Blind Pig

14. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (2,506) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

PUB3000, German style IPA and celebrating the 3000 th batch produced at Short's pub in Bellaire.

[​IMG]

15. JonB25

JonB25 Defender (605) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Ready for NASCAR at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

16. Trull

Trull Initiate (166) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

This batch of Treat is smoking! Great addition to the Treehouse rotation.

[​IMG]

17. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

NBS #5

Satsuma Orange sour. This was fantastic. Bit of a gusher. Great fluffy head retention/spotty soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy oranges, lemon, lime, citrus peel/zest, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, mango, melon, red/green apple, white grape/wine, peppercorn, hay, straw, and grass; with some wheat, cracker, white bready malts; lighter notes of leathery/musty/lacto funk, white wine vinegar, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tart/sourness, citrus tang, and Brett/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced bready/grainy wheat, lactic acid, fruit tang, and some oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness; no pucker/astringency. Refreshingly smooth, not overly lactic, zero warming 6.2%. Fantastic balance of super juicy/vibrant oranges and Brett/Bacteria complexity; with great oak presence and pale/wheat malts against acidity. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp acidic/tangy dryness. Another easy winner. They have been putting out a lot of impressive sours/saisons. 4.25
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 14 others like this.
  18. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,161) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    Matricide by Nightmare. This is definitely my nitecap. Sweet, without being overly sweet. Big time nutty coconut chocolate taste. Vicious and thick feel. Like, a spoon could stand up straight in it. Pretty smooth for 15%. Night, all.

19. SomethingClever

20. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Meyvn (1,450) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Better than the last. Getting back in the pool for the last time today.
    [​IMG]

21. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (1,915) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

Yep, it’s safe to say that I’m at my local bar (Tustin Brew Co). While talking to another decked out Dodger fan, the bartender just planted a Pliny in front of me and walked away. No monetary transaction (they know I’m good for it.)

Cheers!:

22. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,353) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Closer for the evening. This one is an anomaly, poured with no head despite a vigorous pour, and has virtually no carbonation. It tastes fine, just a little flat without the carbonation. No clue what happened to this can ... :rolling_eyes:

[​IMG]

23. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (1,550) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio

Chrees BA!!!!

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 15 others like this.
  24. bobv

Society

A new-to-me blend of Kriek from 3F.
    Blend No. 33.
    ABV 5.7%.
    Bottling Date:
    14 JUN 2017.
    Best Before:
    26 OCT 2037.

Moderate pour yields a 1/2 inch light pink head over a dark pink body with scant lacing. Nose of cherry, a bit of funk, and lemon. Taste mirrors nose extremely well with a nice tart finish that I look for in any Kriek. Nice feel and overall, a really nice example of the style. Buy it if you find it. Cheers!!!!

[​IMG]

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 11 others like this.
  25. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,597) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Some Victory Java Cask Gold, cheers!
    [​IMG]

26. mickyge

mickyge Champion (859) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

One of my favorite movies, cheers.

27. SomethingClever

Still enjoying my Lagaluvin but I needed another beer.
    [​IMG]

28. Jasonja1474

Jasonja1474 Initiate (179) Oct 15, 2018 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Nice summer beer.

Snowcrash000, eppCOS, jkblr and 7 others like this.
  29. mickyge

Society Trader

I think the German tank commander has been in every WWII movie ever made.

30. Jasonja1474

Jasonja1474 Initiate (179) Oct 15, 2018 Tennessee
    Society Trader

That’s awesome

RaulMondesi and LarryV like this.
  31. bobv

Society

Allagash offering I had Friday night for the first time. Tonight with dinner of marinated broiled chicken thighs marinated in garlic, salt, black pepper, chilpotle powder, Herbs de Provence, turmeric, white port, dry vermouth with a side of garlic, vidalia onion, fire roasted diced tomatoes, and brown rice. This pairing is delicious!
    Cheers!!!!!

[​IMG]

#231 bobv, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  32. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

NBS #6

Amazing sour! Fantastic lasting fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge juicy/tart/tangy pink guava, fruit skin/seeds, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, blueberry, citrus peel/zest, tequila, toasted oak, peppercorn, hay, straw, and grass; with moderate agave, wheat, cracker, white bread dough malts; lighter notes of bourbon, oaken vanilla, leathery/musty/lacto funk, white wine vinegar, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tart/sourness, fruit tang, and yeast/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, medium body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/grainy wheat, lactic acid, fruit tang/tannins in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy/tannic dryness; zero pucker/astringency. Super smooth, nicely soft, not overly lactic, minimal warming 7.4%. Amazing balance of super juicy/vibrant Guava/Mosaic hop and Brett/Bacteria complexity; with great Tequila barrel presence and pale/wheat malts against acidity. One of their best beers I've had. Loved the last one they put in a Tequila Barrel - Facilitated Adaptation; this is even better than that. 4.4
    [​IMG]

Cheers, have a good night NBS.

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 10 others like this.
  33. mickyge

Society Trader

He was excellent in that movie, I still laugh when I think about the out house scene.

34. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (1,759) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

New Beer Closer...
    [​IMG]
    Details on NBS. Short story, I shouldn't have aged it for a year. Still good, but was probably better fresh. Cheers!

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 9 others like this.
  35. Trull

Trull Initiate (166) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Great song from Enya who hails from Donegal, where I grew up.....when I hear that song now I automatically think of the 911 tribute videos that had Only Time as an anthem! A very fitting song indeed.

MacMalt, GreenBayBA and Hiwattowner like this.
  36. Hiwattowner

He kind of has a face for that role.

mickyge likes this.
  37. mickyge

Society Trader

Thanks.

Hiwattowner likes this.
  38. Hiwattowner

Nothing beats a NASCAR race, but today must have been brutal in this heat.

39. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,509) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

[​IMG]

Now at Reuben's Brews, courtesy of the reminder from @eppCOS. Drinking a Crimson Coast, done EXACTLY how I enjoy my ambers...super hoppy with the right type of hops.

Snowcrash000, eppCOS, jkblr and 7 others like this.
  40. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,353) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Well I thought the flat hippie chick was going to be my last beer, but I had to try another to see if it was just an anomaly, and it was. Crappy pour on my part, I got a bit overzealous. I also have some 3 year old cheddar to munch on and that demands a good IPA.

https://blackdiamondcheese.com/aging-process/

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.