What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2465

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Savant (980) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

2. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,510) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Sorry man Sunday is my Saturday.[​IMG]

3. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Devotee (472) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Mrs Hiwattowner had the audacity to suggest that these two pedals were the same given that they had the same name on them.

[​IMG]

After I overcame my shock at this outrageous view, I cooled down and had a beer.

[​IMG]

4. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,588) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

Did you piss yourself yet?

Or is that in 20 minutes from now when you pass out on your cat Pussy Galore?

5. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (3,554) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

My wife and I had dinner at The Brick Farm Tavern (the home of Troon Brewing) tonight to celebrate her Birthday.

[​IMG]
    I started with Troon's Trying to Get Fired, a DIPA

[​IMG]
    With a cucumber salad.

[​IMG]
    With my steak I had Troon's Grandma's Famous Oatmeal Cookies, a DIPA with honey, lactose, vanilla, and maple granola. It balanced the savory sauce on the meat. As always, Brick Farm Tavern serves up great food and Troon's beer is outstanding!

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 12 others like this.
  6. denver10

denver10 Poo-Bah (2,541) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

Awesome beer, awesome song.

brucepf92, Hiwattowner and beergoot like this.
  7. LongTaco15

LongTaco15 Disciple (381) Feb 4, 2016 Illinois
    Society

Barrel aged Birthday Bomb. Enjoyable even when it’s not your birthday. Cheers
    [​IMG]

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 11 others like this.
  8. KidBeans

KidBeans Initiate (54) Jul 17, 2019 Missouri

Round 3. I really should set some of these away to cellar.

[​IMG]

9. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,202) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Made it to Boston! In the room now after having some Chowder and some okay IPAs ( Finback, Worm Town and Lord Hobo. Jackie Os Mystic Mama IPA

Danmullens1, VABA, eppCOS and 13 others like this.
  10. SMH_NWI

SMH_NWI Devotee (416) Jan 8, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Good dessert beer! Supernaut Cookies and Cream Stout from 4th Tap out of Austin, clocking in at 13% abv. Just enough for me to forget my bad dinner

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 11 others like this.
  11. Oh_Dark_Star

Oh_Dark_Star Meyvn (1,174) Mar 4, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

Time to get serious.

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 13 others like this.
  12. miwestcoaster

Wernesgruner German Pils. Cheers!

eppCOS, tolar111, JayWhitson and 8 others like this.
  13. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,424) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Gotta agree, good job, especially for your first attempt. There's a bit of a learning curve involved.

Give beer can chicken a try, really good on a smoker. There's a ton of different recipes on the web. Cheers!

mickyge and Hiwattowner like this.
  14. LarryV

LarryV Meyvn (1,424) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

The nerve!!!! When I bought a new PRS years ago, I said to my wife (while I was playing it), this is a really sexy guitar. Wow, did that go in a direction I did not anticipate. Thank gawd I'm divorced now.

Hiwattowner likes this.
  15. miwestcoaster

New Holland Lake & Trail Copper Lager. Cheers LNBA!

Danmullens1, eppCOS, tolar111 and 6 others like this.
  16. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Poo-Bah (3,040) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio

Going to watch the “Loudest Voice” then probably going to bed.
    [​IMG]

17. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,973) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] This stuff is exactly what you would expect from the ingredients used and very nice.

18. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (32,363) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Moderator Society Trader

Excellent pale lager. Aromas and flavors of lemon, cracker, corn, white bread dough, and lightly toasted biscuit; with moderate herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery hops. Light-moderate herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, light-medium body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Slight lingering resins. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very clean lager flavors, minimal fruity/yeasty notes. Very flavorful/refreshing, not watery for 4.3%. Very clean pils malt/grain showcase, and great noble hop presence/balance for the style. Not overdone on adjuncts. Really impressive.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 9 others like this.
  19. KidBeans

KidBeans Initiate (54) Jul 17, 2019 Missouri

Bring me back some Trillium!

JayWhitson and russpowell like this.
  20. scream

scream Meyvn (1,124) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Definitely a great one !

Anybody for Dr. Strangelove ?

21. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (1,595) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio

22. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (3,973) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire

[​IMG] Back in NH and I shall crush this excellent brew.

23. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,697) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

That picture is awesome and the song would have made my NBS top 10 songs if I was allowed more than 10 songs.

JayWhitson and Danmullens1 like this.
  24. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Session sour from Big Lake. This was awesome. Solid head retention/minimal lacing. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy lemon, lime, orange, citrus peel/zest, peach, pear, melon, red/green apple, white grape/wine, hay, straw, and grass; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough malts; light peppercorn, lacto funk, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tartness fruit tang; light zesty bitterness and spiciness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced creamy/grainy wheat, lactic acid, fruit tang, and citrus zest in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing acidic/tangy dryness; zero pucker/astringency. Very flavorful/refreshing, mellowly lactic, not watery for 4.2%. Awesome balance of super juicy/vibrant lemons and Lacto complexity; with a great pale/wheat malt backbone against acidity for the ABV. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp drying. Awesome summer sour! Glad I got the 4 pack as expected.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 7 others like this.
  25. russpowell

Trader

Searching, in the touristy area, will probably crap my self about the price if I see it

JayWhitson and KidBeans like this.
  26. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,510) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

I dont push the beers of the brewery I am a Chef at but this BA version of Revivals Juliett Stout '18 is killer with this cigar.[​IMG]

27. russpowell

Trader

Unveiled Brewing DIPA next

eppCOS, JayWhitson, TheGent and 3 others like this.
  28. superspak

Moderator Society Trader

Another new Fat Orange Cat NEIPA. This was excellent. Great fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonaton/body, and a bit crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth, not overly aggressive, minimal warming 7.5%. Great Galaxy, Mosaic, Simcoe profile. Very vibrant, juicy, dank, and earthy balanced hop complexity; with a nice clean pale/wheat malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Not as soft or hazy as I expected vs their other NEIPAs, but still really enjoyable.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 6 others like this.
  29. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,697) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Time to read on the deck. Still 83 degrees and 76% humidity, but it's just me and the spider bait.

30. Dandrewjohn

Dandrewjohn Disciple (382) Apr 13, 2013 Texas
    Society

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chillin' with my drinking buddy (aka my daughter) in Vancouver BC. Expanding my horizons with cool new stuff.

31. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,267) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

Drank two of these delicious Schwarzbiers while watching a movie.
    Cheers!!!!!!

[​IMG]

32. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (2,150) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Permutation #68 strawberry, vanilla and lactose american ale by trillium

3.85/5 rDev +1.6%
    look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Can poured into a tulip

Brow liquid, iced tea or cider in color, some carbonation, pencil thin white foam layer immediately evaporates

Aroma is yeasty, whiff of strawberries

Taste is strawberries, sweet, hint of vanilla

Low sudsing, syrupy sweet

Nice beer

eppCOS, jkblr and JayWhitson like this.
  33. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,267) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

Dessert, justly.
    Cheers!!!!!!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24300/409519/

[​IMG]

16 oz. can.
    Moderate pour yields a 1/4 inch tan head over a near black body with some lacing. Nose of wedding cake, almonds, and very little coffee or vanilla. Taste outshines the nose as it really does taste like wedding cake. The coffee and vanilla still take the back seat on this one with a finish of marzipan. Nice feel and overall, yet another tasty treat from the evil one. Cheers!

C&P from NBS.

34. JayWhitson

JayWhitson Champion (873) Feb 25, 2015 Montana
    Society Trader

Picking up my 4 pack tomorrow.

Gotta go with this one

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  35. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (2,121) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

First time I had this was on my son’s birthday four or five years ago, so I try to have it every year on this day. Missed it last year, glad I got three bottles this year.
    [​IMG]

36. Reema

Reema Disciple (339) Jan 16, 2015 California
    Trader

Drinking a beer from work. A mostly Galaxy West Coast IPA with Citra and Idaho-7 playing a backing role. My co-workers seem to not like it whenever we brew it but I love it. (West Coast) Juicy, berry forward, crisp, and bone dry. When I say West Coast juicy, I mean more of a distinct berry flavor than the citrus and tropical fruit flavor that New England IPAs go for.

[​IMG]

This used to be Sweet Spot IPA back in the day. I believe but the hop timing and the malt bill was slightly adjusted to make it better.

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 4 others like this.
  37. scream

scream Meyvn (1,124) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

3 Sheeps Uber Joe followed by CW BA Vanilla Bean Stout - Cheers !

Danmullens1, VABA, eppCOS and 3 others like this.
  38. JayWhitson

Society Trader

Cheers LNBA’s. Thinning out the fridge, this one is canned 5/31 and still loaded with vanilla.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

39. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,081) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

I’m probably in the minority here, but I actually switched from Coors Light to Bud Light because of their ingredients. Why ingest GMO corn syrup if I don’t have to?

Cheers!:

Snowcrash000, VABA, eppCOS and 2 others like this.
  40. JayWhitson

Society Trader

You know the yeast eats the corn syrup. You just ingest the alcohol and carbonation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.