What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2493

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mschrei, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,178) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Got it, enjoy what's in your glass.

2. joe1510

joe1510 Poo-Bah (3,647) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois

Always.

Premo88 likes this.
  3. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,802) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

Discogs is a great resource. I use it all the time to check what edition I am looking at. Much like Beer Advocate, it is updated based on users input, but they will list every edition they can for a given album. So if you are trying to determine what year a specific Blue Note or Beatles edition you are looking at (two particular examples I can never keep straight) it is all there with pictures and category numbers.

4. Tardcore

Tardcore Initiate (43) Mar 16, 2009 Washington

5. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (7,522) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

A new one for me and another shout out to @tacosandbeer for this can of Toppling Goliath!

[​IMG]

:beers:!!

6. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,501) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Discogs is nice because you can negotiate on price or shipping or just walk away if you can’t agree.

7. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,430) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Sounds like a great resource. I will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Premo88, joe1510 and champ103 like this.
  8. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Meyvn (1,163) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan

SN Torpedo Extra IPA. Vikings vs SEA on the telly. My Vikes are up, not that it counts.
    Cheers!

#328 miwestcoaster, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    VABA, JediMasterLenin, scream and 7 others like this.
  9. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,835) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

I had this at sunset with a Arturo Fuente King. Perfect combo. Cigar was quite enjoyable.[​IMG]

10. mickyge

mickyge Meyvn (1,194) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Thanks, she's a tough cookie so it's hard to tell how much pain she's in, she doesn't do pain medication but she's doing surprisingly well.

I do 95% of the cooking anyway. I guess I just picked up laundry and vacuuming, she told me she's milking it for all it's worth.

11. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Zealot (512) Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Trader

I kinda regret not spending $200 to see the stones at soldier Field.

russpowell, vabeerguy and Premo88 like this.
  12. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,425) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Really delicious. Been trying to buy Micheladas more often lately. Aromas and flavors of tomato juice, lime, salt, garlic, onion, celery, chili peppers, peppercorn, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; with lighter notes of cracker/bready malts and herbal spice earthiness. Very mild herbal bitterness and pepper spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body. Creamy tomato and grainy malt body; with slight sticky spiciness. Slightly increasing spicy dryness. No cloying. Very drinkable and pretty refreshing, 4.1%. Slightly increasing lingering pepper spice heat after the finish. Liked this one more than the Modelo's last year; but I got more to revisit the reviews. I didn't like the style at the time.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

I think it's time for another week of deathcore. This band is SICK. I forgot about them for a while.

13. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,835) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Cool! And happy first day. Great memories

14. TheGent

Society Trader

Good for her!

mickyge, vabeerguy and Premo88 like this.
  15. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,802) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

I have only purchased a handful of things that never thought I would ever find otherwise. Personally, I have had good experiences with those sellers but there are some that I just want to punch. For instance Esperanza Spalding's album Exposure I really really want. Though it was only sold on a specific day at a specific time. So like rare beer assholes purchased everything and are selling it for $200+. Which is asinine. So, like everything you have to be aware of what what you are willing to spend, and be smart.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion @TheGent and @joe1510 , I'm out for the rest of the night. Its been fun.

16. TheGent

Society Trader

Likewise.

You too man.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

17. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Poo-Bah (2,287) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Probably a complete idiot, well, I know I am, but I popped this open after my NBS beer. Again, to keep with the Valkyrie Brewing 25th anniversary theme, their Big Swede beer.

This batch seems to have a hint of smoke I didn't get in previous ones. I love smoke in beer. I so want to go back to Dallas soon, if it were possible.

18. nc41

Society Trader

I like hitting consignment stores, the other mans trash kinda thing. Guys cleaning out attics and garages, better prices by far. You just have to look thru a ton of Conway Twitty crap here, but got t some nice CCR , Doobies for a song. It just takes a shit load of looking.

19. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,209) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Mexican street corn and a Victoria w/ lime:

20. ChristopherProvost

ChristopherProvost Initiate (111) Dec 24, 2013 New Hampshire

Been a while since I've been on BA. Getting back into the beer rating game. Collective Arts, Ransack The Universe seemed like a good place to start.

21. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,939) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

NBS crossover
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

22. miwestcoaster

Hamm's #2. Cheers!

23. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Meyvn (1,051) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Decently priced for what it is, $55 here. But it’s nice. Depends what your bourbon budget is.

I keep Makers at all times.

Premo88, nc41 and vabeerguy like this.
  24. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,707) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

I stopped putting up my ratings last year on this forum and NBS, but one could always find them on the beer's link that I usually provide. However, this gem requires a bit of urgency. :wink:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29600/95992/

I decided to post the "after" pic of my last Russian River glass. While I was on the phone, Uncle Harry the 13 year old rescued Maine Coon mix, jumped up on my desk causing me to grab the glass and tap the bottle with it. He always wants to get in on the conversation. I probably lost about one third of the beer as I had drank about a third of the glass at that point.

[​IMG]

4.67/5 rDev +8.6%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

375 ml. bottle.
    Brewed 7.1.2017.
    Bottled 11.8.2018.
    852 bottles.
    9.24% abv.
    Moderate to vigorous pour yields a 1/2 inch off white head over a reddish- orange body with scant lacing. Wonderfully complex nose of spruce, whole ground mustard, herbed vinegar, citrus, and a bit of funk and forest. Akin to a nice hike in spruce woods. Taste tries to mirror the ever-evolving nose, but doesn't quite make it. What it makes is absolute deliciousness. Taste is lemon tartness, pine, and spruce with supporting roles of wet leaves and wet spruce needles. Wow, I need another bottle as it would probably evolve even more. Nice feel and overall, a beer as unique and delicious as, as...well, I don't know; like nothing I've ever had before. Find this beer and savor it!
    Cheers!!!

C&P from NBS.

25. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (3,057) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Not bragging but when it comes to bourbon, cost is not an issue. Meeting with daugher and son in law #2 tomorrow for happy hour. Gonna get me some bourbon before then. I am apologizing in advance for my stupid posts tomorrow.

26. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,084) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Count me in as a die-hard fan of this beer.

[​IMG]

27. nc41

Society Trader

If you haven’t tried Russell’s Reserve Single barrel I’d highly suggest it.

vabeerguy and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  28. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,425) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Excellent brut IPA. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, watermelon, red apple, lychee, guava, raspberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, clove, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. High carbonation, light-medium body, and moderately crisp/clean finishing. Balanced bready/grainy malts, sticky hops, and some resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing bitter/carbonated dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth, pretty refreshing, not overly aggressive, minimal warming 7.3%. Great Ekuanot, Topaz, Citra, Galaxy, El Dorado, Amarillo profile. Very vibrant, dank, earthy, and fairly juicy hop complexity; with a great balanced clean pils malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp drying. No complaints at all for the style.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

29. miwestcoaster

Founders Centennial IPA. Cheers!

30. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

All posts from you are a welcome surprise, my good sir. And I expect them. As a matter of fact.

vabeerguy likes this.
  31. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

I have not, I’ll have to be on the look out.

vabeerguy likes this.
  32. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,209) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

I wanted to hit Chapman Crafted, but they were closed. Walked down the street to Wahoo’s instead to get the beer of the month, Modelo for $2.99:

33. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Zealot (512) Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Trader

Gotta 6am shift tommorow yeh!. Gotta sleep I guess.
    [​IMG]

34. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Crusader (778) Dec 12, 2014 Chile

Tamango Brebajes - Corta Corriente

Very nice Hazy IPA from Chile

[​IMG]

Cheers

35. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (3,057) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Got a lot of Doobies old shit.. Got a lot of old shit. Kids do not want it. Landfill headed.

Premo88, russpowell and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  36. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Polished off a dram of Glenfiddich 12.
    [​IMG]

Now I’m back home, drinking another lime Mexican lager. And no worries, @vabeerguy the wife drove me home!
    [​IMG]

Cheers? Maybe I’ll sleep or end up playing ps4 who knows.

37. nc41

Society Trader

Skip the Russels 10 year old. The Single Barrel is a red label and bottled at just under barrel proof at 110 proof. $60 give it take.

38. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Poo-Bah (1,573) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Some nice meat diversity there....what is it? Have enjoyed following your trip

Beersnake1, Premo88 and vabeerguy like this.
  39. BrewsOverHoes

Society Trader

Sold! As long as I can find it here in GA.

Premo88 likes this.
  40. nc41

Society Trader

That’s no way for good vinyl to die, bring them to goodwill or something along that line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.