What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2577

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,532) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

2. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,228) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    Talk about earning a beer.

Well...I played and, somehow, I played well. Assisted on our 2nd goal and scored our 4th. We won 4-2 and possessed the ball very well. This is my last of these. Sad to finish them, but tonight was the night and it’s almost 2 years old at this point. Really smooth. Still has a nuttiness and chocolate to it. Really good.

Kids, I’m hurting. My left hammy is barking at me like never before. Everything hurts. Lol, getting old sucks.

3. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,760) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

4. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,528) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

For my fellow HUB fans, especially @bstyle . Cheers.

[​IMG]

5. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,846) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    I may need some whisk(e)y after this dumb football game.

Cheers!

6. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Savant (924) Apr 5, 2009 Oregon
    Society

Going with another round of Jubel..

Cheers!

7. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Defender (693) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Lagunitas: Hazy Memory
    [​IMG]

photo doesn't near show the amount of floaties in this beer. This doesn't bother me but if it does you , steer clear of this one ....lol

8. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Disciple (398) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing IPA.

Planned to go to a taproom near Pikes Place here in Seattle, but it was way overcrowded at that moment. But still not as bad as the waiting line for the first Starbucks coffeeshop.

Had a somewhat exciting moment this afternoon, when I was walking from a short meeting towards Pikes Place. Passing two ambulance trucks from the fire department I looked at the drivers side of one of the trucks and there was a guy, naked and looking like Anthony Kiedis in a frenzy mode, in the drivers seat trying to get away with the ambulance truck.

Together with someone else who saw what was happening I could get the attention of the police. When a second police car arrived, panic broke out for some minutes. Get down ! Get down ! People running.

No taproom after that but had a wonderful salmon burger at the Rub with Love Shack. Awesome!

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just before panic broke out

9. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (1,970) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good evening BA
    I decided I could do one more new beer tonight
    [​IMG]
    Pretty enjoyable black IPA to my taste. Cheers all!

10. brewskis

brewskis Champion (825) Jun 8, 2012 Indiana

Phase Three Invisible Wings DIPA (100% Galaxy). Some time has done this one well. Plenty juicy without being too sweet, which is tough to do. Delivers plenty of Galaxy hop complexity, bringing passion fruit, tangerine, yuzu, lime, ruby red grapefruit, under-ripe berry, pineapple, grass, and herbs. This one has really grown on me...well done.
    [​IMG]

11. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (9,315) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Trader

Good strategy, moderation is called for to be sure.

12. jkblr

Society Trader

That last one was nearly gone when I posted. Poured this as a closer since I was already in that mode...
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait for the smoked porter (IV) coming out this month. Cheers!

13. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,716) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Have the day off tomorrow thanks to @russpowell and the other veterans. I appreciate your service! Still have to get up early and get the kids to school though. Still, can do one more beer and watch I Am Wrath on Netflix. I love revenge movies.

14. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Champion (850) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Nice Vikings win. Cook scared the hell out of me on that toss play, but all’s well.

Time for a Celebration.
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

15. scream

scream Meyvn (1,212) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

2019 Founder's CBS - Cheers !

16. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Champion (850) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

What’s the date on this one? Still haven’t seen it here...really was hoping this would land here.

17. russpowell

Trader

Back in Arkansas, well the football ended on a bad note. My Cowboys lost one I believe we could've won with better play calling. Plus @SammyJaxxxx whooped my ass in Fantasy Football, thanks to a great performance by Danny Dimes & an anemic performance by Barkley ( Jets have a good run D ). Earlier an Ozark Totally Oblivious IPA & now a Bell's Double Cream Stout.

A slightly early Happy Veteran's Day to all my Brothers & Sisters who served. This year has special significance as I had two friends retire from the Air Force last week.

18. russpowell

Trader

I will enjoy tomorrow off, but will be schlepping my son to school as well

jvgoor3786 likes this.
  19. russpowell

Trader

Our play calling vexed me, they must run Dak on RPOs every once in a while to loosen things up & those running plays, asinine...

20. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,232) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

My parents were in Maine this week and brought me home some rather pedestrian stuff (which is perfectly fine, because as a BA, I’m down for anything I haven’t tried before). Even though it’s a week passed it best by, it’s still pretty good. Do we get this beer in SoCal?

Peak Fresh Cut Dry Hopped Pilsner:

21. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,301) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Good evening, LNBA! I'm drinking water, and I don't mean Coors Light or Rolling Rock. :nauseated_face: Straight-up Dasani, right out of the bottle. I picked up a nasty stomach bug at work on Thursday. I thought at first it might be food poisoning (frozen coconut shrimp from Salvation Army, yadda yadda yadda...) but no one else had any symptoms. I've been keeping to a pretty bland diet until my stomach returns to its usual cast-iron state. Meanwhile, you all have another at the virtual bar and put it on my tab. Cheers! :beers:

P.S. Last year's Dasani was better. I'm picking up a little too much minerality and salinity in the 2019 bottling. :sunglasses:

22. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (4,137) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Trader

Enjoying a KiiTos Pastry Stout @ 13% ABV while it snows heavily outside.

[​IMG]

This beer is a lovely enigma. The head pictured disappeared within the time it took me to upload the photo to my image host (6 seconds). I couldn't believe it. Where was the creature who popped out and stole my beer head? Regardless, this beer smells like a jelly doughnut and tastes like jelly doughnut, blueberry syrup, blackberry syrup, maple french toast sticks, blueberry bagel, and coffee. Very good stuff. A touch too sweet but (oh wait, my upper lip smells like maple...this is great!) super enjoyable. 4.15 out of 5. Thanks @Hinda65 for this treat.
    (Seriously...is someone making french toast?)

23. The-Adjunct-Hippie

Trader

I prefer Aquafina's execution of the style this year.

russpowell, scream and dcotom like this.
  24. The-Adjunct-Hippie

Trader

Nice photo!

brewskis likes this.
  25. guinness77

guinness77 Meyvn (1,228) Jan 6, 2014 New York

[​IMG]
    This will finally be it for me. Barrier/Grimm collab. Great beer. One of Barrier’s best.

26. russpowell

Trader

Heading to the hot tub with the likely closer Wichita Brewing's Mad Scientist Milkshake IPA

27. The-Adjunct-Hippie

Trader

Now I'm onto this 2017 Wizard Burial Ground that was sent to me by @superspak roughly 2 years ago...I wanted to see how well it aged and it has held up very well. (Science!!) I think I prefer it within the 18 month range though. It is very syrupy sweet with just slight hop spoilage, I think the yeast flavors have long since faded. Still an amazing beer though, it's easily the 2nd or 3rd best quad I've ever had (stickee monkee comes to mind as maybe the best). Oddly I always have it in this glass too, which I bought in 2015 and called "Thulsa Doom". It conquers the heaviest of beers.

[​IMG]

28. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Savant (924) Apr 5, 2009 Oregon
    Society

Blazers finally broke their losing streak, thankfully- I'll drink to that!

Cheers LNBAs!

29. jkblr

Society Trader

09/09/2019. The distro on this has been funny. It was 4-5 weeks old when it showed up here just a few hours down the road. Lots of this series sitting in the places that are getting it.

30. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Meyvn (1,381) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania

31. russpowell

Trader

Actually Closing on New Holland's Dragon's Milk White

32. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (2,232) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Trader

Big ups to my boy Dingo for hooking up this gem. Tree House Hurricane. Babbbbbby! @TheIPAHunter we gettin’ LARRRRGE out here on the West Coast!:

jrc1093, jkblr, TheIPAHunter and 8 others like this.
  33. neenerzig

neenerzig Poo-Bah (2,187) Feb 15, 2006 Ohio

34. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (2,291) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

Yeah, pretty sure it was infected, sour and soapy as well somehow. Apparently there have been other reports of Release #12 of QBBB 2018 being infected, so it's probably a good idea to avoid that batch @Beersnake1.

Sad to hear it happened to you with a regular BBB as well, seems like it's not that uncommon with the Baptists, I guess I will be avoiding Epic in the future.

Beersnake1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.