What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2792

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Jun 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Friday. Woke up around 4AM, been playing some games on Steam since then. I need to go out to the UPS store today to pickup my guitar MIDI controller, since UPS failed to find my apartment yesterday somehow. I am hoping my Dunlop Crybaby can be used as an expression pedal, but everything I’ve read says I will have to modify the electronics a little bit. No way to know unless I try it first.

Avery Pear of Peaches. Excellent NEDIPA. Lasting fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big lightly tart/tangy peaches, pears, fruit fuzz/skin/pits, tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, apricot, passion fruit, mango, honeydew melon, berries, citrus peel/zest, and light peppercorn/pine hops; with moderate wheat, white bread dough, light toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/zest, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/silky/bready malts; light sticky hops and fruit tang/acids in the mouthfeel. Slight lingering resins/rinds through the glass. Minimal warming 9%, or lingering hop burn after the finish. Awesome Mosaic, Amarillo, Simcoe profile. Very juicy hops/fruit with light dank/earthy notes; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering tart/bitter dryness. Very impressive, no complaints at all. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,322) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! Off to an early start means I get my coffee early - FBS:

[​IMG]

Bottled 5/11/20. Perhaps the freshest I’ve ever had, and at 58 degrees, drinking fine. Some yard work this am before the comfort factor dials up to an “11”...have a fantastic Friday y’all!

3. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Relaxing with an excellent brew after the night shift. Brewers Bridge Saison Ale.

[​IMG]

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Off to a sunny start today - the garden's loving it! Some virus hit me Monday and I was forced to sleep for most of Tuesday and part of Wednesday. Slowly coming back to life now - I'll spend more time today weeding. Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Decent but better as it warms (3.92).

5. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,063) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I once took a beginner box amp 11 watts maybe. Looked up the circuit board to rip some plugs out to turn the all clean amp into a fuzz tone straight from the electronic board. That combined with a metal zone pedal I got for free now I am dialed in on a super fuzz doom tone. It sounds awesome for a $20 tone. Good luck.

LarryV, hottenot, ChicagoJ and 6 others like this.
  6. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,063) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

@superspak

I know not your musical taste but the tone is incredibly similar to the white stripes specifically blue orchid tone. Compression. Big fuzz. It’s amazing what the circuit boards can do.

LarryV, hottenot, Bluecrow and 5 others like this.
  7. superspak

Society Trader

Odd Side Chocolate Cherry Morningwood. Fantastic. Nice head retention, light spotty lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, dark roasted coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, vanilla, bourbon, lightly tart/tangy cherry, fruit skin/pits, oak, almond, biscuit, and brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of licorice, molasses, raisin, prune, fig, date, smoke, char, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Mild booze in the aromas as it warms. Mild herbal, grassy, roast, charred bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and full body; very creamy, silky, velvety, bready malts; light slickness, sticky, chalky, tangy, tannins in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringency. Dangerously smooth/soft/silky sipper; mild increasing warmth of 12.25%, with minimal lingering barrel booze after the finish. Perfectly balanced between super rich malts, fruity/nutty coffee, and bourbon barrel presence/integration; with mild earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Solid cherry presence, without being overwhelming. They did a wonderful job on it. Will definitely have to revisit the base beer review soon. 4.25
    [​IMG]

Cheers

If you want to know how much I have been listening to this album, I have 79 plays banked on this track alone since release.

8. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Easy yard/bird feeder work done, mostly in the shade while it is kinda relatively cool...finishing off Wednesday night’s bottle in the “office” - Marshal Zhukov’s RIS (bottled 11/06/18):

[​IMG]

Quick solo visit into a local thrift store yesterday after dropping Jr. Z off at VW dealership for some brakes work (my first such foray to Goodwill in 3 months) turned up today’s new CCB snifter! This stout is solid and a contender for one of my upcoming island picks!

Speaking of islands...during my recent infrequent trips away from home, my observation is that 50% + of the folks down here don’t wear masks and don’t social distance in public anymore. My family is going to continue our personal self-imposed lockdown, as cases/hospitalizations continue to trend upwards here in anything goes Florida and the virus spreads...we (my wife most particularly) have to stay safe, so I’m going to brew more beer at home, and venture out less...still hoping for the best - Cheers!

9. Txex06

Txex06 Aspirant (252) Dec 28, 2016 Texas
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Time to get the weekend started after a run on a beautiful morning. 64° and very low humidity is a little strange for Texas in June.

10. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

1st post-coffee choice. BDJ, by ORB. Damn good.
    [​IMG]

11. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

12. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

We have another contractor here this morning, measuring windows/doors for hurricane shutters...while he toils, something delicious and sweet for me - “Cherry Chouffe” from Brasserie D’Achouffe, Belgium:

[​IMG]

I like cherries, and I like Belgian strong ales...sweet tooth satisfaction. I foresee a nap in my near future...Cheers!

13. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,608) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

Solid dry hopped pale ale from Hoof Hearted

[​IMG]

14. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Tin Whiskers Fossil Finder

MacMalt, LarryV, ovaltine and 20 others like this.
  15. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Living dangerously.

[​IMG]

16. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,813) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Work done, rest of lawn mowed. Veronica looking lovely in her Crown Royal mask and a couple Two Hearted.....
    [​IMG]

17. GC2020

GC2020 Initiate (0) May 16, 2020 New Hampshire

The start of a fruitful weekend...

[​IMG]

18. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Moving on to Jai Alai....
    [​IMG]

19. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,098) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Cheers to the weekend! Cracking open a Braincake to pair with leftover steak (not pictured).

[​IMG]

Cheers!

\m/

20. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

From the local brew pub, Friday Vibes a 6.7% NEIPA fine brew

MacMalt, LarryV, ovaltine and 22 others like this.
  21. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

22. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

There’s something alluring about that...mask, er, I meant beers, yea, that’s it, a great pair of beers...Two Hearted you, say?, great beers! Cheers!

MacMalt, LarryV, Peach63 and 10 others like this.
  23. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

It’s Friday morning about 11:45 and Mr. Tran is spot on for the weekly mowing and edging, his noisy rider driving my dogs nuts...now that I’ve got them quieted down, something to calm my nerves - Stone’s “Fear. Movie. Lions”:

[​IMG]

No napping for me, yet. This morning’s uncharacteristically noisy hustle and bustle has Mrs. Z out of bed before noon; expecting “honey-do” requests any minute now...it’s the weekend, so Enjoy - Cheers!

24. Ocalafox

Society Trader

New Belgium VooDoo Ranger.... Veronica says she need to lose 6 lbs in 5 weeks for her first fitness show....
    [​IMG]

25. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

TGIF Advocates. Starting with some very green. One in a long lineup for this afternoon cheers
    [​IMG]

26. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

God speed and you go Veronica! ...
    I suspect this is how/why our pal @scream enjoys so much Voodoo Ranger :rolling_eyes::wink:

LarryV, Peach63, scream and 7 others like this.
  27. colby600

colby600 Crusader (794) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Beach day, brought to you by Fox Farm. Happy Friday!
    [​IMG]

28. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Great Lakes Christmas Ale.. cheers!

MacMalt, Kb024, nicholas2121 and 25 others like this.
  29. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,503) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

30. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Hey man, are they requiring masks of patrons too, in Florida? Just curious.

Kb024, LarryV, BrewsOverHoes and 4 others like this.
  31. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

32. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Another very green. I love it when an IPA can shock my palate cheers
    [​IMG]

33. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,631) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Poured into a 16 oz can shaped pint glass canned on 6/9/2020. Pours a very hazy orange yellow, with a two finger sticky white head that leaves thin streaks of lace with excellent retention. 4.5

Smell papaya, melon, pineapple, mango, mandarin, and apricot. 4.25

Taste follows papaya, pineapple, mandarin, honeydew, mango, and apricot. 4.25

Mouthfeel is bigger than average, soft gentle carbonation, a tad sticky not dry, and at 8% ABV goes down really easy. 4.5

Overall another really nice NEDIPA from Kettlehead. Cheers all. 4.25

34. d0n_nill0

d0n_nill0 Initiate (92) Jul 11, 2018 Denmark
    Trader

My favorite pub is finally open again so obviously I had to drop by and support them on my way home from work. Even if it's just for one beer.
    [​IMG]
    Shepherd Neame Crossfire, 4.2% ABV IPA served on cask.
    God, I've missed cask ale! It's been a hot and humid day in Copenhagen and I've been craving beer for hours. Hoppy with grape and fruit notes, this one hits the spot just right. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow but still I wish you all a great weekend!

35. superspak

Society Trader

Got a nice few hour nap in, then I had to help my friend move a bed set into his apartment.

Founders Centennial. Incredible IPA as always, one of my main classic favorites. Lasting thick head retention/lacing the whole glass. Aromas and flavors of big red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, melon, citrus peel/zest, light peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate toasted bread, light honey/caramel malt balance; and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light lingering resins/rinds. Fairly crisp/drying, and extremely drinkable; never astringent. Never gets old, always fantastic. I will always love classic C hopped beers, even with all of the new hop varieties around. Awesome vibrant/juicy, and fairly dank/earthy Centennial hops; great balancing bready Munich malt backbone, with minimal residual sweetness from lingering crisp resin dryness. Been keeping it around more often recently.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

36. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,538) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

That's top tier, no doubt. Enjoy.

37. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

I’m happy to share what little I know...I hope Vann can chime in on status in Central Florida. Here in SWFL, the big parks are opening and require masks, and there is much complaining; otherwise, our Governor has left it up to local governments to be decisive, one way or the other, and, like the Federal response, there is absolutely no cohesion other than we are all directed to “be safe”... as a consequence, in my area, patrons wearing masks is not “required” and many folks choose not to...

LarryV, Reef, Peach63 and 7 others like this.
  38. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (2,066) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Perpetual IPA from Troegs Cheers
    [​IMG]

39. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,631) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Stepping out of my comfort zone and trying a Edward Scissorhand inspired Berliner Wiesse called Ambrosia from Kettlehead Brewing this Friday afternoon.

Pours a cloudy amber orange, with a finger off white head that leaves no lace and settles rather quickly. 4

Smell is reminds me of a blue slush puppy, mango, passionfruit, and tangerine joins in, but blue Slush Puppy dominates. 4

Taste follows but again it brings me back to my child hood grabbing a Slush Puppy from Belmont Village Store mango, passionfruit, and sour all lend a hand, maybe some vanilla. 4

Mouthfeel is less than medium, not dry, light carbonation, and at 5% ABV plenty of flavor and easy drinking. 4

Overall this is not my normal style, but it is actually very solid and enjoyable. 4

40. nicholas2121

nicholas2121 Poo-Bah (2,384) Sep 29, 2008 Ohio
    Society

[​IMG]

Cheers BA!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.