What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2796

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Jun 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,402) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Tuesday. All nighter after sleeping yesterday afternoon. I went over my friend’s house with some homebrew prowlers, and kicked an American stout keg in the process; so I need to wash and clean the lines for that. Almost emptied the Irish red keg as well, judging by the weight. Definitely needs some BLC love ASAP. Haven’t changed those kegs in a couple years at least. So there were a couple other people over when I got there; and we played Tonk and Spades for about an hour. After they left, we just played Chess 1 on 1. He had an LED light up chess set. I bought a fishing license when I got home, because I am going to get back into that. I haven’t fished since mid high school, this would be my first official license. Now I am working up a new game of ARK: Survival Evolved I got for free from Epic store.

Old Nation Boss Tweed. Insane NEDIPA as always. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, zesty, herbal, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-full bodied creamy, bready, grainy wheat/oats in the mouthfeel. Slight hop stickiness, with a touch of increasing lingering bitter dryness. Zero hop astringency. Dangerously drinkable for 9.3%, minimal warming ABV. One of the absolute best in the style I've had, smoothness is unmatched. Pure citrus/tropical fruit juice hop flavors, with a touch of dankness. Never overly sweet/heavy feeling on malts for the ABV; perfectly balanced. Super soft mouthfeel. Old Nation definitely has the best MI NEIPAs. These hold up extremely well over a few months. I prefer them with a bit of time actually, because they get even smoother/silkier.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

I love this song because it makes a relatively simple riff sound badass.

2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,402) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

My friend got me going on an app called Chess By Post; which is basically a low key casual take on Chess that you can take hours between moves, and it will send you a push notification when your opponent(s) go. I am going to try and get better at it, learn some tactics etc.

Prairie Weekend. Amazing pastry stout. Nice head retention, light spotty lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge milk chocolate, cocoa, coconut, marshmallow, caramel, brown sugar, vanilla, cream, toffee, fudge, brownie batter, nuts, and brown bread/crust; with light notes of coffee, licorice, molasses, dark fruit, smoke, herbal, grass, and yeast earthiness. Slight booziness in the aromas as it warms, but not overwhelming. Very mild herbal, grassy, roasted bitterness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and full body; very creamy/silky/velvety/bready malts; slightly slick, sticky, chalky notes in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying sweetness. Dangerously smooth/soft; mild increasing warmth of 13.3%, with minimal lingering booziness after the finish. Perfectly balanced between super rich malts, coconut, cocoa nibs, and marshmallow flavors; with mild earthy hops and fruity yeast. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. I don't see much to improve on technically speaking. I need to get some more. 4.5
    [​IMG]

Cheers

3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,906) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Off to a poor start for New breakfast Beer today:

[​IMG]

Over the decades I've sucked down hogheads of Unibroue brews, mostly Maudite, Terrible, and La Fin Du Monde, but I've got to say Unibroue has bottomed out with this - it's like a BMC take on a saison but not as good (3.39).

4. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (3,294) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    Home after a night of work and ready for bed.
    [​IMG]
    I heard this song of the way home and figured I'd share the love.

Cheers all and enjoy your Tuesday!:beers:

5. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

BlackStack Brewing Company Common Place

LarryV, larryi86, ovaltine and 19 others like this.
  6. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,061) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

unfortunately they’ve fallen off my radar and I never see their stuff around anymore. I think they’ve released a few Megadeth beers and it kind of put me off. If I can find Don de Dieu I will purchase it though

LarryV and Shanex like this.
  7. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,797) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Tinnies, XPA (Extra Pale Ale); Australian craft beer is hard to come across here. I’m thankful, just like the other brewery « Coopers » from Adelaide,
    it’s fine, tropical (read citrus...) and fairly refreshing. Noice!

[​IMG]

Cheers!

8. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,004) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Quick porch Zonker after a 5 mile run, before the heat takes over.
    Lots of work to do, I'm afraid.
    Will check in later. Cheers!

[​IMG]

9. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

10. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,089) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

11. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,626) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Back from a three mile walk with the dogs. This hits the spot.

[​IMG]

12. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (6,096) Oct 6, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

Treating myself to a Founders Breakfast Stout in the morning on the last day of our stay-home vacation for my wife's birthday.
    [​IMG]
    To be fair...it's morning, but I've been up for five hours.

We've tentatively reached the conclusion that Mrs snaotheus may or may not have gotten her ass kicked by SIP fest, but she probably has the stomach flu. Great way to spend your birthday and two days of vacation time. She's been surviving on mugs of thawed out homemade turkey broth.
    [​IMG]

I'm now in the process of making pretzels. I think this is the first time I've made anything that had a "rising" step. I'm excited about it, and I'm also looking forward to cutting open the birthday cake today (assuming the missus can take it).

13. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Untitled Art & JBC Coffee Roasters - La Lindura Coffee Stout (can).. cheers!

Pinz412, superspak, LarryV and 20 others like this.
  14. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,822) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Revolution Brewing's DDH Tropic Hero. 7.6%, nice balanced offering.

[​IMG]

Two for Tuesday, have another Revolution pour in mind for later today. Chicago bars and breweries are able to open for outdoor onsite later this week. Suburban operators have had a head start. Everything seen and/or experienced has been well run, people are spaced far apart, seating is properly sanitized and distancing rules have been stringently enforced by great staff trying to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Looking forward to enjoying the same experience in the city soon.

Cheers!

15. JTW10

JTW10 Initiate (68) Nov 25, 2013 Pennsylvania

The last HR IPA I had(currents of space) was pretty meh. But I love mosaic, so a single-hop mosaic beer is basically impossible to mess up if you ask me. This is very good. Usually try not to start cracking beers this early but it’s so hard with this weather. Also while typing this, a hummingbird came flying in and practically tried to take a swig. I thought it was a giant bug of some kind at first and almost had a heart attack.
    [​IMG]

16. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

17. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Other half took trilliums fort point and gave it the hdhc (high density hop charge) treatment. Another freaky friday collab and it's terrific cheers advocates
    [​IMG]

18. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,532) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Hell yesss. Looks lovely. Cheers.

Hiwattowner, LarryV and Justonemore91 like this.
  19. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Advocates, I'm thirsty. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

20. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,296) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

Wifey just cracked her own beer, so I don't have to share. On to a hoppy IPA. Type A IPA from Conshohocken Brewing Co. This one is really good. It's a West Coast IPA brewed in the Philly burbs. It's hoppy and full of citrus. Grapefruit & orange are dominant. There;s a touch of pine & dankness in the background. Well balanced by a strong malt backbone. This one is a winner.

superspak, larryi86, LarryV and 22 others like this.
  21. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (4,377) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

I first would like to thank @JayWhitson for sending me this one a few months back. And now what do you know? We get it distributed here! It is damn lovely. Huge orange citrus with a very clean malt backbone. Raul is into it.

Weldwerks Juicy Bits:
    [​IMG]
    No, guys. Club Raul is not yet open for business. Hey @TheIPAHunter , please tell @Urk1127 to stop banging at the front door. We ain’t open yet!

I can recall being on a train in Europe many years back. This song came on... I believe that we were in the Italian countryside... I could have never dreamed of that moment before it happened. But now I at least have it as a memory. Cheers:

22. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Damn, I told him later. I got you, Raul!!!

LarryV, eppCOS and RaulMondesi like this.
  23. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (6,096) Oct 6, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

Pretzels are out of the oven for an early, light lunch.
    [​IMG]
    And Stone - Enjoy By is a good pairing.

24. Urk1127

Society Trader

Still shit down due to covid? Or is Raul away on business? Dam. But TJ Maxx just opened

I’m tryina get my swerve on

LarryV, ChicagoJ, eppCOS and 3 others like this.
  25. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

We never closed. We have very strict protocol, as well as unparalleled social distancing measures. Even in a club. I'll let @RaulMondesi explain it. Genius.

Hiwattowner, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 2 others like this.
  26. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,311) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Dry sunny breezy upper 80s...worked all day with my handyman Bob outside...we modified downspouts/added rain barrels; installed a bamboo sunscreen for the east side of the patio; mended the wood privacy fence; and, caulked the roof valley line from where I suspect we had a small leak last week - beer drinking time! - Jai Alai:

[​IMG]

Cheers and enjoy your Tuesday, y’all!

27. Urk1127

Society Trader

@scream was pissed about getting locked in that refrigerator the other day so he told me all about some top secret Nelson hop grow room in the basement? Is this true? I gotta get in there.

Hiwattowner, LarryV, scream and 5 others like this.
  28. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (4,377) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Bro - please don’t ever say Club Raul is closed. That’s slander. Maybe you just didn’t make the list that night :stuck_out_tongue: Everything is beautiful at Club Raul. We are cleaner than open heart surgery (and that’s even without the risk of catching a super bug). Peace.

Hiwattowner, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 4 others like this.
  29. DavetotheB

DavetotheB Meyvn (1,174) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania

Took the kiddos to Ringing Rocks Park in eastern PA. You bring your own hammer, hike into a boulder field and whack the rocks with the hammer and listen to the different tones they make. Pretty cool for a few minutes. Kiddos loved it. Relaxing on the porch now with a Head Hunter. Cheers!

[​IMG]

30. Urk1127

Society Trader

That dam list that’s right. Too much blackberry brandy I forgot all about the list. No slander at all sir. Would never disrespect the most elusive Club.

31. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

War on the media from one of NY finest district 96 cheers
    [​IMG]

32. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Another gem from Tree House. I was going to work on the playlist for Club Raul tonight, but then I realized that I'd drive the customer base away. Thankfully, the brother @RaulMondesi gives me a 30-minute spot every night, which seems to be working well. Peace...
    [​IMG]
    I remember trying to convince Blink 182 to do a remix entitled All the LARRRGE Things. The only one on board with the idea was Travis. Peace to you, kid. Cheers!

33. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Clean up on aisle 9...Jai Alai #3:

[​IMG]

Drinking these like water...I need to start drinking water...Cheers from my hot work-in-progress backyard!

34. mickyge

mickyge Poo-Bah (1,945) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Dayum I got winded just reading what you guys did,Cheers.

LarryV, Shanex and DoctorZombies like this.
  35. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

That actually sounds like a fun thing to do with kids; I know I’d enjoy it - Cheers!

LarryV, DavetotheB and Shanex like this.
  36. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (2,061) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Sip o’ Sunshine. Yay
    [​IMG]

37. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,971) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

38. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,766) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Hell or high Watermelon beer[​IMG]

39. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

The local brew pub is open, outdoor seating only. Drinking their Pilsner and it’s a beautiful day in the parking lot!

40. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,971) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Recycled pic
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

woemad, Pinz412, Hiwattowner and 31 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.