What beer are you drinking now? #2797

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Greetings, BA.

Another start with 12th of never ale, as mentioned before. A « light » easy drinking beer which is good to kick off the day.

I spent an extended weekend on the coast, hence my short absence and greatly enjoyed it. I needed to breath fresh air from the current madness, and the three months lockdown mostly.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

If you haven’t seen this movie, you should. I did in the cinema then and have rewatched it a couple times.

2. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Back to back post, I’m afraid...

[​IMG]

3. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,630) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] This is a blueberry bomb, not sure what hops they used to get it and not complaining. Really tasty stuff, cheers all.

4. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! @Shanex, sorry you were forced to post back-to-back! for me, today's New Breakfast Beer is:

[​IMG]

Pipeworks has just begun showing up here in wilds of NW PA fairly recently - Chicago's a good six-seven hours west, depending on where you're going, so it makes sense that it only took 10+ years for me to get from my first Pipeworks brew to my second. Now we have a better selection from Pipeworks than Victory or Yards. At $11/16 oz can, this is not one of the better brews from Pipeworks - apparently last July there was either a coconut crop failure in Chicago or a vanilla crop failure or both and they had to import local ingredients from somewhere far to the south. Whatever, whichever, this is incredibly overpriced since the coconut and vanilla flavors are long gone. One and forever done.

5. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (3,306) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good morning BA
    I'm halfway through my work week right now and enjoying a celebratory beer...
    [​IMG]
    One of my absolute favorite stouts and beers in general. This is one of my 2019's that are dwindling in number. Cheers all and enjoy your Wednesday!

6. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I do wish Yards would add their saison to the year round line up and bring ESA to bottles again.

7. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,780) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    It is going to be a beautiful day!

8. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

It most certainly is, sir!

traction, Peach63, GreenBayBA and 6 others like this.
  9. Limazulu

Limazulu Zealot (528) Jan 4, 2020 Idaho
    Society Trader

10. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,794) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Opened this yesterday evening, finishing it up now. Enjoy your day BAs.
    [​IMG]

11. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Poured into a 20 oz Giant Duval tulip glass canned 4/2/20. Pours a very interesting lagoon greenish blue, with a 2 finger white head that leaves some spotty lace that settles fairly quick. 4.5

Smell is sour apple, blue raspberry slushy, and boysenberry. Simple but really nice. 4.5

Taste follows blue raspberry slushy, boysenberry, and a little sour apple. 4.5

Mouthfeel is about medium, plenty of life, not dry or sticky, and at 8.5% crazy drinkable. 4.5

Overall this is the highest score I have ever given for a sour because it is not my thing, but this one is crazy good. The second sour I have had this week that reminded me of a blue raspberry slush puppy and this one was most almost a clone of that and at its ABV amazing. 4.5 Thanks @mschrei for this novelty beer.

12. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

You are braver than me, sir. That looks like something the gf would try to con me into drinking.

13. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Been at work for 4 hours. No truck. Email read “due to unforeseen circumstances the truck will be late today. No idea the exact ETA”

cheers
    If you
    Get paid
    To
    “Work”

14. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Predictably.
    Yes.
    Death & Coconuts.
    Although the supply of this stuff, from October, is dwindling.
    Smoke over the mountains today, and a windy hot day in store, don't light a match or toss your cig butts, y'all! Cheers.
    [​IMG]

15. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,320) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Late start this morning as I’ve been mucking around in the backyard...coffee break - FBS:

[​IMG]

I overdid a bit yesterday, so I’m going to try and take it easy today. Cheers and have a wonderful Wednesday!

16. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,409) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I have been drinking Surly Hell by the bucket. Not even bothering to take photos. That thing is amazing, perfect for this weather, insanely cheap and not a Helles at all.

[​IMG]

17. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Drinking my final can of this and I hope it comes back soon! So good and 9%.

18. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Clutch Brewing Company Three on the Tree

19. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,097) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Splitting brunch with my partner.

[​IMG]
    BBA El Mariachi (2018)

Cheers!

micada, mikeinportc, jkblr and 36 others like this.
  20. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Nectar. Drink of the Gods!

[​IMG]

21. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona

Great pic!

22. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Do you work for Kettlehead? Or are you just a local "brand ambassador" for this place?
    Looks great; been impressed with the aesthetics...

brewskis, GreenBayBA, REVZEB and 3 others like this.
  23. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Monkish smarter than Spock. West coast Brewer's who have mastered the New England style ipa cheers
    [​IMG]

24. colby600

colby600 Crusader (794) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I was surprised to see a lonely 4 pack of Triple Sunshine on a shelf in CT. I prefer Double Sunshine but I certainly can't complain.
    [​IMG]

25. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Another west coast brewer that has mastered the art of haze. Green cheek listen to my eyes cheers
    [​IMG]

26. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Great movie! Wes Anderson does some good work.

27. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (631) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Erdinger Weißbier.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

28. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

An enjoyable early round of golf (that way we don't get cooked on the course) and now sipping on this in the air conditioned comfort of my home.

[​IMG]

29. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Wednesday. Went to sleep at 4AM, need to go get some groceries and stuff soon. Will play some of the new PC games I got yesterday later on this evening.

Old Nation M-43. Amazing NEIPA as always. Flavors of huge grapefruit, tangerine, orange juice, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, lemon zest, orange peel, and light pepper/pine hops; with wheat, biscuit dough, light honeyed malt sweetness; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, grassy, zesty, citrus peel bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full bodied; very creamy, bready, grainy wheat/oats, and light hop stickiness in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very dank/juicy hops, with perfect wheat, oat, malt malt balance. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness, amazing soft feel. Super easy drinking. Glad to have this as a year round available beer. This is one of my top most purchased beers ever at the moment. It just doesn't get any better for the style vs availability. Every Old Nation NEIPA is better than most anything else I've had in the state. DDH is just as impressive; but a bit more bitter, resinous, dank, and earthy.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

30. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Been hanging to this for a guy who I don’t I will see again soon enough. 1# Darrell not great for this place, but wet and far from bad.

31. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,794) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

Lunchtime brew. Since I’m the only one in my house that eats leftovers I’m having shrimp scampi I made the other night followed by pizza.
    [​IMG]

32. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (2,369) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Another from the Hawaiian mixed 12 pack. Okay but the Alaskan mixed pack still leading the way.

33. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,541) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Mountains Walking -- Double Grazing Clouds

[​IMG]

4.04/5 rDev -5.6%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Cloudy, soft yellow looking body; looks like pineapple juice; thick, fluffy and sticky white head. Fairly fresh fruit aroma, mainly citrus; mild lemon and cantaloupe. Well-rounded flavors mainly comprised of lemon pith, white grapefruit, powdered sugar; tart with a mild astringency; a bit boozy; acrid hop bitterness; a phenolic after taste. Heavy body; fairly smooth and juicy; sharp tartness; some alcohol warmth near the finish.

Not a bad double NEIPA. Fairly well-balanced. My can was packaged 05/11/20. The flaked oats and barley really smooth out the mouthfeel and nicely counterbalance the otherwise strong citrus and alcohol notes.

34. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,888) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, BAs! It’s bif season, so will be doing some quality control on possible stellar beers to send my 2 targets. This here is Glow Whoa, a Citra and Sabro ipa from local darlings Crime and Punishment.
    [​IMG]
    So far, so good. Lots of coconut hop taste, but not too sweet.

35. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Yessir!!!

36. Grupatre

Grupatre Aspirant (232) Sep 13, 2014 Michigan

Delicious!!!!![​IMG]

37. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

Balling on a budget today

[​IMG]

38. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm enjoying a Bourbon Barrel Aged Insidious Imperial Stout from Fegley's Brewworks in Allentown, PA. I've liked Fegley's stuff in the past and this is another good one. It has aromas and flavors of chocolate & barrel up front with some slight coffee & vanilla in the background. It's full bodied and creamy. Only gripe is a small one, I wish it had more bourbon going on. I rated it 4.24 which was a healthy chunk above its BA average of 4.06.

39. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

My area started getting Pipeworks stuff within the past few months as well. I tried all these variants and none of them impressed me especially for the price point.

[​IMG]

I have actually been putting off trying any of their hops because I was so disappointed with their stouts.

40. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

3 Floyds - Region X Export Lager (16oz can).. cheers!

Peach63, mikeinportc, jkblr and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.