What beer are you drinking now? #2798

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Jun 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

This beer has been released a year ago or so in Belgium from Duvel-Moortgat, and has only decided to settle on our shelves right this week it seems. I’m the last one to complain because it’s at a reasonable price point; and so far the best of the Tripel Hop variant I’ve had from them:

[​IMG]

Santé!

I didn’t throw my Duvel glass on the ground, by the way but sadly it slipped in my hands while hand-washing it. Sigh.

TXRobbo, Specialmick, thuey and 55 others like this.
  2. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Thursday. Just been playing platformer/puzzle games on steam all night. I got a lot of random stuff from a Humble Bundle a few days ago. Just discovered the new Protest the Hero LP dropped today, but not on Spotify yet. I was listening to Gojira and TesseracT all night, learning riffs and stuff.

Odd Side Tiramisu Morningwood. This was amazing. Lasting fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, dark roasted coffee, caramel, brown sugar, vanilla, cream, toffee, marshmallow, fudge, brownie batter, roasted nuts, toast, biscuit, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of bourbon, coconut, dark fruit, smoke, char, herbal, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Mild herbal, grassy, roast, char bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and very full body; with a very smooth, creamy/silky/velvety/bready malts; light slickness, sticky hops, chalky roast, and oak tannins in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringency. Insanely smooth/soft, mild increasing warmth of 12.25%, with minimal barrel booze lingering after the finish. Not a ton of barrel, but adequate. Aside from that this was perfectly balanced between super rich malts, tiramisu flavorings, and fruity/nutty coffee complexity; with mild earthy hops and fruity yeast. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. Top tier pastry stout. 4.4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

This is the one I have 90% memorized, both guitars.

Argail, thuey, Reef and 48 others like this.
  3. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

NOW I SEE THE WHAAAAAAALES

4. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (11,420) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Will repeat this later today on the porch
    [​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 47 others like this.
  5. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAS! Off to another warmish clear day - may have to water the lawn and garden if it doesn't rain fairly soon. Today's New Breakfast Beer is one from only a six hour drive away:

[​IMG]

A Brut IPA you say? And I thought that fad was over!

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 39 others like this.
  6. superspak

Society Trader

Shiner Candied Pecan Porter. Very good American Porter. Great rocky head retention/soapy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, roasted pecans, toast, biscuit, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of smoke, char, herbal, wood, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. A bit of a root beer and lightly buttery aroma, but not overwhelming. Light-moderate herbal, woody, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation and medium body; creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops and chalky roast in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness; no acrid/astringent flavors. Very smooth, zero warming 6%. Nice balance of malts and praline pecan flavors; with balancing earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering dryness. Wish it was a bit thicker/richer for the ABV, but it's not unpleasant. 3.78
    [​IMG]

Cheers

new PtH is killer

Argail, jkblr, thuey and 37 others like this.
  7. superspak

Society Trader

A 6 year revisit, just because I am a perfectionist. Delirium Noël. 2017 batch. This was fantastic. Great fluffy head retention/spotty foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge cherry, orange, raisin, peach, plum, fig, pear, apricot, red apple, citrus peel/zest, peppercorn, and light banana/clove yeast; with moderate caramel, brown sugar, toasted biscuit, light toffee/roast/nutty malts; herbal, floral, wood, grass, and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate herbal, woody, grassy bitterness; and peppery yeast spiciness on the finish. Medium-high carbonation, medium-plus body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing spice/carbonated dryness; no cloying/astringency. Dangerously smooth, minimal warming 10%. Fantastic balance of well rounded Belgian yeast complexity, candi sugar, toasted malt, and earthy hop flavors. Minimal residual sweetness with crisp dryness. No change in score, just a little more refined on notes. 4.22
    [​IMG]

Cheers

jkblr, Reef, Pinz412 and 41 others like this.
  8. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,825) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Good morning all! Coffee is for closers, but also for starters. Like to get @scream ‘s opinion on one of my favorite 3 Sheeps offerings, Uber Joe paired with breakfast today.

[​IMG]

This is an excellent BA Coffee Stout. It was brewed in April 2019, and the coffee held on well. I found refrigeration of coffee stouts helps extend the flavor vs. cellaring in the basement.

May hit my first Chicago brewery for a live beer or two since February. This worked well at Mikerphone in the suburbs last week, and I’m stoked the city is now following suit.

It’s great to be alive!

Cheers!

Argail, jkblr, superspak and 42 others like this.
  9. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (768) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Trader

Drinking SN Summerfest

[​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 43 others like this.
  10. Shanex

Society Trader

Naranjito, another one I like for its refreshing, easy sipping taste.

[​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 41 others like this.
  11. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

12. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,097) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Post-run (4 miles) refreshment.

[​IMG]
    SN Torpedo

Cheers!

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 47 others like this.
  13. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Dogs have been fed and walked, my few chores are completed, so let's have a beer.

[​IMG]

Argail, jkblr, superspak and 44 others like this.
  14. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

15. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

16. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Clutch Exhausted

Reef, MacMalt, ovaltine and 19 others like this.
  17. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Let's swap it up for some coffee.

[​IMG]
    Parish Reve Coffee Stout

Cheers!

Argail, jkblr, superspak and 39 others like this.
  18. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (631) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

A Paulaner Weissbier.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 45 others like this.
  19. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,608) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

Untitled Art All Together w/ a Ghost cameo. Cheers!

[​IMG]

HopNMad, jkblr, thuey and 35 others like this.
  20. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm having a Lake Shore Fog from Southern Tier. I just went to review it and found out that I actually had it last September and already reviewed it. No big deal. It's a Hazy & Juicy IPA according to the can. And it's a hazy & juicy IPA in the glass, too. Both the nose and taste are full of tropical & citrus notes. There's Pineapple, grapefruit, papaya mango & orange. A hint of peach as well. This is basically a juicy fruit bomb. Which is what they were going for, so it's a hit.

jkblr, Reef, MacMalt and 26 others like this.
  21. Shanex

Society Trader

Qualität seit 1872, EKU 28.

Quality since 1872 :wink:

One of my go-to Deutsche Doppelbock.

[​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 39 others like this.
  22. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Ghost is looking good!

[​IMG]
    Hank says hello!

aasher, HopNMad, thuey and 27 others like this.
  23. Beer-Panda

Good to hear the Duvel Cashmere has found its way to France! Around here only available at one big supermarket.

I too think it is their best Tripel Hop so far. Originally it was intended like a one time only, like most of the Tripel Hops from Duvel. One of the reasons for this also being Casmere Hop's scarcity. That is what I understood.

The good news is that the Cashmere, like the Citra, will now be around for some time to come, according to Duvel: https://www.duvel.com/fr-fr/la-biere/duvel-cashmere

Cheers to that!

Reef, MacMalt, Beersnake1 and 8 others like this.
  24. Shanex

Society Trader

Indeed, good news all around. I thought it was going to be a limited release as they say too.

Also, I only found it at the local Carrefour supermarket early this morning. About 2€ as I recall.

Probably this is going to be a new regular treat of mine now, without the hassle to go purchase it online.

Cheers!

25. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,630) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Poured into 16 oz Snulip glass canned on 6/2/2020. Pours a hazy yellow orange with a 2 finger white head that leaves a ton of sticky white lace as it slowly settles. 4.5

Smell is Taste papaya, pineapple, melon, mango, blueberry, and apricot. 4.5

Taste follows pineapple, papaya, melon, mango, blueberry, and apricot. 4.5

Mouthfeel is big, sticky not dry, soft on the palate, and at 8% easy drinking. 4.75

Overall this one has a wow factor for me and I have been drinking some of theNEIPAs on Earth lately and this one could hold its own with the big boys. 4.5

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 38 others like this.
  26. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

R. Shea - Light Containment "Imperial Chocolate Hazelnut Stout" (16oz can).. cheers!

superspak, Reef, ovaltine and 20 others like this.
  27. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,825) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Maplewood Brewing Pulaski Pils

[​IMG]

Dobre. Enjoying the day with a few pours, nap time than back for more.

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 36 others like this.
  28. mogulskier

mogulskier Initiate (150) Feb 3, 2019 California

Good morning everyone, and what a beautiful morning it is. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#28 mogulskier, Jun 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Argail, jkblr, superspak and 42 others like this.
  29. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,630) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 37 others like this.
  30. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

31. Shanex

Society Trader

Chicago people tend to be a generous bunch. :grinning:

32. cjgiant

cjgiant Poo-Bah (6,007) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Society

Time for the ad blitz heading into this thing...
    [​IMG]

I was able to find some beers today that will help with my posts on Saturday. Also grabbed the one book I know would be with my stranded ass if I had my druthers.

Hope you all have been able to find some of your favorite Books & Brews to post on WBAYDN 2800 in two days!!

While I await the event, I'm gonna head out for a walk with something to keep me refreshed in the high humidity, the last of the White Oak Jai Alai from the fridge:
    [​IMG]

jkblr, Reef, Pinz412 and 38 others like this.
  33. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Starting with a beer from Civil Society out of Jupiter, FL. This one is called Tricked Out Golf Cart. Cheers, everyone!
    [​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 40 others like this.
  34. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,200) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Punched out of work early, treating myself to a beer with lunch. This is Trillium’s Freaky Friday take on HDHC All Citra Everything by Other Half. Can was too cold, resulting in a poor head but damn it’s so delicious. Citra explosion.

[​IMG]

Now time to finish off the final few chapters of FF7 Remake, unless I get distracted with Post-Scriptum first

thuey, Reef, Pinz412 and 38 others like this.
  35. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,775) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 38 others like this.
  36. Insomniac

Insomniac Disciple (332) Nov 5, 2019 Canada (ON)
    Deactivated

I am drinking Rodenbach Caractère Rouge. This is one of the world’s great beers IMO. No further embellishment required. Cheers.

37. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (4,537) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

An excellent Pale Ale that is quite dank and herbal, with some citrus and tropical n otes as well.

[​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 35 others like this.
  38. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

DDH Hop Showers from Other Half. Peace...
    [​IMG]

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 34 others like this.
  39. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Sticking with Parish, but going back to hops:

[​IMG]
    Ghost in the Machine

Cheers!

jkblr, thuey, superspak and 36 others like this.
  40. Beer-Panda

Looks and sounds good.
    Where is it from?
    Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.