What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2801

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Jun 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,630) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] I couldn’t think of a better new beer to start my 11th Fathers Day off with. These guys keep putting out awesome DEDIPAs and this one is no different. Juicy and awesome. Cheers to all and especially all the Dads today.

2. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Happy Sunday and happy fathers day to all you great advocates. I know there's a lot going on in the world right now but take a moment and enjoy a good beer because you deserve it. I'm not a father but I'm looking forward to being one. But for now I'll just sit back and enjoy a new beer. Finback grazing on the ordinary.
    12% imperial stout with coconut and hazelnut. Velvet, rich, nutty, and silky smooth. Loving it cheers
    [​IMG]

ILeftNJ, superspak, brewskis and 55 others like this.
  3. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG]This one was a brilliant brew to come up with and most #1 Dad’s would not be on beer #2 at 6:30 in the morning, but 3 kids and the wife are all sound asleep and I wanted another brew before we go on a Fathers Day adventure. This is a really we made NEQIPA canned on 6/13/20. Over to NBS Week #800.

4. DW78715816

DW78715816 Initiate (176) Aug 30, 2014 Kansas

[​IMG]
    Happy Father's Day all! Can't believe this is my 18th. Was up at 4am to put a brisket on the smoker and decided I would watch the sunrise and enjoy this Summit Dark Infusion Coffee Milk Stout.

5. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers. I am not a father because almost does not count. Not meant to be sad but simply horrible sense of humor about it. Cheers all!

ChrisMon02, LarryV, MacMalt and 25 others like this.
  6. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Meyvn (1,258) May 2, 2010 Ohio

Sitting this morning and drinking a Fatheads Headhunter while wishing I was in Florida with my father. We shared a pint of it the last time he was in town. Dementia is now setting in and with the COVID-19 thing going on, I don’t know when I will get to see him again. Here’s to you pops.

Have a great Fathers Day everyone!

HopNMad, LarryV, kjlcm and 35 others like this.
  7. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs and Happy Father's Day to all us dads out here. Today's New Breakfast Beer is:

[​IMG]

Certainly better than I expected for an unexpected reason (3.95). Cross post with NBS.

8. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,780) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Happy Father's Day, BA!

9. Chaz

Chaz Poo-Bah (2,263) Feb 3, 2002 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Castel, from Les Brasseries Du Cameroon,
    a brewery which isn’t in the database(?).

[​IMG]

What a find! I used to get requests for this one all the time at retail, so it’s interesting to see a local wholesaler and importer bringing it in at long last. I also found the licensed version of “33 Export”, also brewed by Groupe SABC.

[​IMG]

Happy Father’s Day!

10. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Heading out for a few hours for lunch and to grab some meat for dinner. Will be back with a bunch of new beers from @mschrei . This stuff never gets old.

11. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Happy Father’s Day BAs. New beer to me this afternoon after having started NBS. This time a French IPA; Don’t panic Hitch Hikers IPA. Cheers!

[​IMG]

12. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Wow! This is one fine beer.

[​IMG]

13. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Never too early for a HA Bodem.
    Cheers
    , happy Father's day to those of you who have a Dad (?) and who are fathers. :wink:
    Gotta work a bit, a little run awaits, then back for an NBS/x-post later.

[​IMG]

14. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,317) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

An early Father's Day hike in the woods with a beer from Melvin.
    Cheers all....

[​IMG]

15. Mister_Faucher

Mister_Faucher Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Washington

Following up CB with another Melvin. Unless you like dank earthy rotting tropical fruit and melon pass on this one.

[​IMG]

16. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

BlackStack Micro Dosing

LarryV, MacMalt, DavetotheB and 15 others like this.
  17. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Meyvn (1,479) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Happy Fathers Day, BAs!
    [​IMG]

18. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,780) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    For yesterday's WBAYDN event, I pulled the 2019 BCBS from a 2016-2019 BCBS vertical that I was saving. I might as well just drink the rest of them. This 2018 BCBS is amazing as usual, but there is something truly special about the 2019 version! It is a gorgeous holiday morning, and this is the perfect time to drink a special beer like this!

19. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,825) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Happy Fathers Day to the Fathers out there! My pours today will be new pours to me. The first is Hubbard's Cave Clean Pale, a 5.5% American Pale Ale. Simple, well executed, a solid pour.

[​IMG]

You can read my review in the New Beer Sunday thread.

Take care, and hope all of you have a few new great pours today, or perhaps a few old favorites.

Cheers!

20. mickyge

mickyge Poo-Bah (1,948) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Happy Fathers Day to all Dads past present and future.
    It’s a bitter sweet day for some of us that have kids but can’t be with our dads or that have children that can’t be with us.
    I feel a lot is made of Mother’s and Father’s Day but in reality some people have someone in their life that are closer, more like parents or children then biological ones. Every day is a blessing especially it you get to share it with someone(s) you love. Cheers
    [​IMG]
    smoking something call pork brisket ends. About 5 hours in and I just sauced them, about an hour left. This one is new to me but I kind of like how it’s going. The prove will be in the pudding.

21. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,811) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Good Sunday morning and happy fathers day BA's! Work and bike ride complete. Today is an especially proud fathers day for me. All three of my kids are enrolled in school for their masters degrees, Justine a U-Cal LB final year (summer), Christina at Tulane 2nd year, in New Orleans and Nick at UW Madison 1st year this fall. Nick had the hardest time with divorce and his mom having ALS. I'm so proud of him. The WI State journal ran a front page story on him the day he graduated 5/11/19. https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/...cle_a8c8971d-598c-5608-9301-1ade879d87e5.html A well earned CBS.
    [​IMG]
    I only rode a measly 15 miles but it was more about getting out there than the distance. I've been pretty down since my brother in-law passed in January (my age). I watched the Armstrong 30 on 30 show and started to feel the spark. I've averaged about 2.5K miles per year for the last 15 or so years, but today's 15 miles may have been the most important ones. Cheers Mates!

22. Reef

Reef Meyvn (1,133) Dec 2, 2016 South Carolina
    Society

M-43
    [​IMG]

Enjoying this M-43 in the backyard. Quite a morning so far. I made a early morning dash to Target and found fresh Jai Alai six packs in their cooler. Next a red-tailed hawk dove into my birdbath and spent a few minutes freshening up. Both extremely rare events.

I don't judge other people's parenting. God knows it is the hardest thing to get right.
    There are some good fathers. I think Miller Williams, noted poet and Lucinda's dad, was a good one.

23. Mister_Faucher

I have a Cal Long Beach football jersey in my man cave hanging with all my other jerseys. Cheers!

24. mickyge

Society

:rofl::joy::anguished::joy::joy:
    I was just thinking, where I can I find some dank earthy rotting tropical fruit:thinking_face::rofl:

ChrisMon02, LarryV, kjlcm and 9 others like this.
  25. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,164) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Happy Father's Day BA's

Had a great visit with my 28 year old daughter yesterday - she came up for visit from Columbus and brought me some good brews - I raised her right! Haha! Cheers to all you Dad's out there!

[​IMG]

she gave me this cool framed canvas print of our trip to NoCal last May

[​IMG]

I am a lucky Dad!

[​IMG]

26. Mister_Faucher

I don't even want to be a dick and rate this one even though I added it. I'll leave it to someone else.

ChrisMon02, LarryV, laketang and 9 others like this.
  27. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Defender (677) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Hi-Wire Salted Caramel Chocolate Bar 10W-40 impy stout

LarryV, MacMalt, ChicagoJ and 18 others like this.
  28. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Awesome! We had planned on visiting her there this summer but it's "virtual" due to the Chinese flu....

ChrisMon02, LarryV, MacMalt and 8 others like this.
  29. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,436) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Schneider Weisse Wiesen Edel-Weisse...
    [​IMG]
    6.2% abv organic hefe-weizen ale...

Cheers...

30. VoxRationis

VoxRationis Poo-Bah (2,931) Dec 11, 2016 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good Morning, BAs, and let me wish you all a very Happy and Healthy Father's Day. Thought I would start with a Passion Fruit Gose, since Gose is the replacement fluid of beers, it should put me in good form for the day's festivities.

Beautiful sentiment: not as polished as the studio version, but clearly more heartfelt.

Stay Safe, my BAing friends, Be Well, and Sláinte!

31. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Maine Lunch IPA with Lunch with my crew.

32. craigbelly

craigbelly Poo-Bah (1,673) Dec 31, 2015 Iowa
    Society Trader

Happy Fathers Day all your filthy animals.

[​IMG]

33. scream

scream Meyvn (1,363) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin

Great article Vann !!

34. mickyge

Society

Nice pictures!

35. mickyge

Society

Congratulations to your kids, I’m betting someone’s parenting skills helped quite a bit.

36. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (2,701) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Well said! And I am again envious of your smoker. Can't wait for things to get better so I can put some meat on the pit with my old man again. cheers

ChrisMon02, LarryV, MacMalt and 5 others like this.
  37. mushroomcloud

mushroomcloud Poo-Bah (3,239) Mar 4, 2005 Texas
    Society

Happy Fathers Day fellas!
    [​IMG]

38. Ocalafox

Society Trader

Thanks Don! Missed seeing you and Ms J. this year but I'm sure you did the right thing. I'll let you and Micah know when we head up there, maybe later this year.

39. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (2,701) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Hey, BA! A little earlier than normal start for me, but i worked another long ass Saturday yesterday, and the mrs has gifted me a day free of diaper duty and feedings, so why not. KBS. received a bunch of beer as gifts recently so will try to do some work today. cheers and happy Father's Day

[​IMG]

40. mickyge

Society

My favorite saying is better day are coming, cheers

ChrisMon02, LarryV, MacMalt and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.