What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2802

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ChicagoJ, Jun 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,826) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Live from Chicago, it's Monday Morning.

[​IMG]

Spiteful Brewing's Pale Ale Alley Time. Chicago's brewers are the best!

Whether you are porch drinking, in a back alley face down or anywhere in between, I raise this pint to you in the hope you have a peaceful day and a nice pour line up sometime today. I will be relaxing with a full day of jazz, reading a book via Saturday inspiration, and perhaps doing a few productive things throughout the day before closing the calendar day with the Grateful Dead hour on Chicago's finest station, WDCB.

Cheers one and all!

So many great memories from attending the final Grateful Dead show in Soldier Field. My brother handed out a miracle that evening, life doesn't get much better than that.

HopNMad, GreenBayBA, Pinz412 and 45 others like this.
  2. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Gunner's Daughter. Good beer!

[​IMG]

GreenBayBA, Pinz412, MacMalt and 42 others like this.
  3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Monday. Got some normal sleep schedules. Probably going to play more PS3 emulated games today, along with some random stuff from my Steam library.

Prairie Bourbon Paradise. This was amazing. Solid head retention, minimal spotty lacing. Aromas and flavors of huge milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coconut, fudge, vanilla, bourbon, cream, toasted biscuit, roasted nuts, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of licorice, molasses, coffee, smoke, char, dark fruit, herbal, grass, and yeast earthiness. Minimal booze in the aromas as it warms. Mild herbal, grass, roast, charred bitterness; and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and very full body; very smooth, creamy/silky/velvety, and lightly slick/sticky/chalky/tannic mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringency. Dangerously smooth/soft, mild increasing warmth of 13.7%, with minimal lingering barrel booziness after the finish. Amazing balance of super rich malts, coconut, vanilla, and bourbon barrel presence/integrations; solid earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Light residual sweetness with lingering bitter/tannic dryness. Top tier stuff, but far from their best BBA stout. 4.35
    [​IMG]

Cheers

GreenBayBA, micada, Pinz412 and 43 others like this.
  4. superspak

Society Trader

I've got some N64 running now. I started the South Park 64 game without much success, but I went to Yoshi's Story instead. For some reason the ROM I downloaded 13 years ago would not work, so I got another one to replace it. Weird
    [​IMG]

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger 1985 IPA. Excellent NEIPA. Opaquely hazy. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big lightly tart/tangy mangoes, melon, tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, berries, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough, light honey/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness; and fruit tang/tartness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/bready/grainy malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness; no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 6.7% or lingering hop burn after the finish. Great Citra, Simcoe, Cascade profile. Very juicy/vibrant hops/fruit with light dank/earthy notes; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints as expected. Love the VR series.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

GreenBayBA, Pinz412, MacMalt and 39 others like this.
  5. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Just finished some early morning outdoor chores, bagging yard waste, etc. So exciting.
    My reward is another Half Acre Fader lager, perfect right now. A lil more coffee, a snack, a run, then a full day of work ahead.
    Still no word about in person or remote teaching this fall. Pretty rough planning with no plan.
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 37 others like this.
  6. superspak

Society Trader

Started a fresh game of Banjo Kazooie. I owned it for the 64 console. Can't remember where I was in the game, but I know I had solid progress through the different worlds. Hopefully I can get this ROM going past where I was then. I'm optimistic.
    [​IMG]

Bell's Hopslam. Incredible as usual this year. Aromas and flavors of big red grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, mango, melon, berries, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate honey, white bread, light caramel malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation, medium-full bodied, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready malts and sticky/resinous/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter resin/rind dryness, no hop astringency. Amazing classic Columbus, Chinook, Centennial, Amarillo, Simcoe profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hop complexity; with a great balanced malt backbone. Not overly sweet or bitter, extremely well balanced. Lightly boozy alcohol, but dangerously easy drinking. Never disappoints. Feels less sweet than last year. Also a lot easier to find when released.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

GreenBayBA, Pinz412, MacMalt and 35 others like this.
  7. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

[​IMG]

One of my favorite Georgia IPAs

GreenBayBA, Pinz412, MacMalt and 37 others like this.
  8. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,098) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, BAs!

[​IMG]

My normal kitchen table pic has been interrupted by this background interloper, which I came home to find as a surprise gift. She is so much better at painting than I.

Cheers!

GreenBayBA, Pinz412, MacMalt and 37 others like this.
  9. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,063) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

because I can’t help myself yet again I present a gojira haiku...

WE MUST FIND THE WHALES
    FLYING RIGHT ABOVE OUR HEAD
    PLEASE SHOW US THE WAY

ChicagoJ and Roguer like this.
  10. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Crusader (793) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

11. superspak

Society Trader

This is what I got for lunch. Chicken Cordon Bleu mini and popcorn chicken. Plus a whole chicken and 3 different Texas Pete Hot Sauce. Using the Garlic now, and it's great!
    [​IMG]

Founders Green Zebra. Great gose as always. Flavors of big juicy/lightly tart watermelon, jolly ranchers, lemon, lime, green apples, berries, and sea salt; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread malts; light lacto funk and yeast earthiness. Touch of herbal hops. Light-moderate fruity/lactic tartness; light yeast spiciness, fruit tang, and herbal bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation/body; balanced grainy wheat creaminess and lactic acid in the mouthfeel; light salinity. Lightly increasing tart/tangy dryness, never puckering. Super flavorful and refreshing. Really great balance between the watermelon and fruity/lacto yeast. On the sweeter/less acidic side for the style; but still has adequate tartness. What I really love about this is the fact that the watermelon flavors don't have the usual cucumber vibe going on; but it does not feel that artificial either. Glad this is back, will be one of my main summer beers like last year. Might get a 15 pack.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

12. d0n_nill0

d0n_nill0 Initiate (92) Jul 11, 2018 Denmark
    Trader

Cooking up dinner with a cold one to cool my down. It is hot in Copenhagen these days!
    [​IMG]
    One Home by Dry & Bitter, 5.5% session IPA.
    Dry & Bitter is easily one of the best when it comes to IPA's in Denmark right now. Had some fantastic beers from them. This one is so so but I rarely get a session IPA that overly excites me so I wouldn't put the blame on the brewers though. Cheers!

13. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,299) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm having a Sunday Feels from Dogfish Head. They call it a Beermosa Sour. BA has it listed as an American Wild Ale. Whatever. It had a one finger head to start, but that disappeared immediately to no head whatsoever. No lacing whatsoever. But it's not flat. There's mild carbonation through the whole drink. It has practically no aroma. I had to sniff really hard to pick up faint citrus. But the taste is full of fruitiness. There's grape, orange, lemon and peach. DFH is full of mad scientists looking to experiment. But I'd generally call this one a miss. But I hope they keep trying. I'll keep buying.

14. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Rapidly warming weather for the beginning of the week here too, since it’s the evening now have just opened Chimay...

[​IMG]

Cheers...

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 37 others like this.
  15. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

16. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,776) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Flying fish tropical wheat [​IMG]

17. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,631) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] This lace keeps putting out excellent NEIPAs. Cheers all.

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 33 others like this.
  18. ElGabRyan

19. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (2,066) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

KCBC Zed Lupulin DIPA
    [​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 32 others like this.
  20. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Barrel Theory Magic Man IPA

21. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,547) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Pikes Peak Brewing Co. -- Thin Air

[​IMG]

3.37/5 rDev 0%
    look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Very nice pale yellow look, like lemonade; vigorous carbonation; very thin head that dissipates quickly. An intriguing lemon bread aroma; a touch of citrus. Bread crust and diluted lemon taste; washed out hop bitterness. Light body; watery; some very light bite on the palate; semi-dry finish.

I wonder if this isn't some sort of take on a shandy and not an IPA like the can label states. It has a very nice color to the body and the smell is alluring, but the fizzy, thin head and weak taste and mouthfeel makes this a one-and-done for me.

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 30 others like this.
  22. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,776) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Good afternoon everyone, SN pale ale [​IMG]

23. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Always dig this brewery.

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 31 others like this.
  24. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (632) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Stone IPA.
    Cheers all!
    [​IMG]

25. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

I’m now drinking Leffe Triple advocates but I can’t be arsed posting a pic of it. Unless you guys insist (I have a sixer).

This could be another of my pointless post, but I have to get this off my chest.

Speaking only for my cheese-eating, wine drinking and baguette eating for a country folks.

YOU ARE NUMPTIES!

Yesterday was the beginning of the summer, like in America and since about thirty years we celebrate it with music, generally in the streets, in bars and anywhere with enough open space and terrace.

These freaking IDIOTS/CRETINS/JACKASSES felt like it was oh such a great call to gather by thousands in the streets of various cities celebrating it whereas we are still actually right in a pandemic.

Disgusting, disrespectful to the health care workers who have worked their asses off for over three months, endangering their own lives for a low income, and to those who actually died from it. I’m not even going to argue that we should listen to what the govt tell us to do. It’s about health, more than politics.

Aside from that, I still love you advocates. Not a political rant but sometimes I need to vent a bit.

Cheers!

26. ElGabRyan

27. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] This is a nice NEQIPA from a brewery that does not normally impress me.

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 28 others like this.
  28. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

If I was 82, I would have shot my age today. Anyway, it was a nice day to be on the golf course.
    Post-golf libation. It did quench my thirst.

[​IMG]

29. ElGabRyan

30. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Happy Monday advocates. Getting into ae monkish hip hop. Double IPA with Idaho 7 and a bit of Galaxy. Cheers
    [​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, Txex06 and 28 others like this.
  31. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Poo-Bah (1,982) Nov 18, 2013 Texas
    Society

Lunch! And a beer.

[​IMG]

HopNMad, Pinz412, MacMalt and 29 others like this.
  32. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (3,311) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA
    My 16 year old daughter is changing the oil in her car. I am supervising and having a beer...
    [​IMG]
    Cheers all!

Pinz412, MacMalt, Txex06 and 32 others like this.
  33. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (5,040) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

One of my favorite American brewed Goses. I thought I would have sip before I took my picture and this happened.
    [​IMG]
    Luckily I bought half a case so I just poured more in to official start my summer, cheers!
    [​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, Txex06 and 31 others like this.
  34. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,098) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Afternoon hops.

[​IMG]

So glad I picked up a 12 pack of (pretty fresh) Torpedo. It's a nice throwback, and I have some fond memories of getting to know IPAs with Torpedo and Hoptimum. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Pinz412, MacMalt, Txex06 and 31 others like this.
  35. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

Dr. Octagon a DDH AIPA from Twin Elephant Brewing. Brew with Pilsner, Pale, Oats, Munich II and Dextrine with English Ale yeast. Hopped with Citra, Saphir, Sabro and Huell Melon hops. Very nice brew. See post # 10 for a photo.

36. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Defender (651) Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Trader

37. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (632) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Hollow Names. Dry-hopped DIPA from Alefarm (Denmark) with Mosaic and Amarillo .
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Shanex, Pinz412, MacMalt and 23 others like this.
  38. TheMaltingAct

TheMaltingAct Initiate (8) Feb 8, 2020

To my surprise today, found Bass Ale at three-fourths the cost of Wisconsin micros! Of course it's brewed in Syracuse, and nothing like beer-engine served Bass in England...but for the price? OH YEAHH BABY!

39. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

Sipping on some eq juice cheers[​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, superspak and 22 others like this.
  40. JTW10

JTW10 Initiate (68) Nov 25, 2013 Pennsylvania

Damn. Do not sleep on this! Since the retirement of the original Otra Vez, I’ve been searching for a go-to fruity summer day-drinker. At 17.99/6pack I’m still searching, but this is EXACTLY the taste I was looking for. Bonus points for not finding a way to somehow label it an IPA...
    [​IMG]

Pinz412, MacMalt, Txex06 and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.