What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #2804

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ChicagoJ, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,826) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Another early morning pour. Looking to the East both literally and figuratively. Bell's / Founders / 3 Floyds are my three favorite Midwest pours East of Chicago we receive fresh on a regular basis. Love brewers who can bang out great pours across multiple styles.

Bell's Oberon is my breakfast beer of choice, as the sun peaks through Chicago just before 5 AM.

[​IMG]

This is a great full flavored Wheat Ale, one I look forward to each Spring! Refrigerated since birth, and still going strong nearly four months beyond it's birthday, this beer has never disappointed me since my first pour years ago. Thank you brother Andrew for introducing me to Oberon!

Kudos to @dbl_delta for introducing us yesterday to Sina Drums, by way of Germany. I never thought anyone under 50 knew Firth of Fifth, let alone one who could play it. Phil Collins is a solid drummer, this is a complex piece and she nails it.

A toast for people to reach for the stars, young or old, you may surprise yourself.

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 49 others like this.
  2. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,631) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG]We are supposed to get some much needed rain and thunderstorms today. Day off and starting with one of my favorites. Cheers all.

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 48 others like this.
  3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Today's New Breakfast Beer is from a Brewer I didn't know still existed - haven't seen anything from Smuttynose in a loooong time:

[​IMG]

Really surprisingly good.

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 41 others like this.
  4. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Wednesday. Nothing special going on today, still need to start some new video games I got earlier in the week.

Founders KBS. 2018 is tasting amazing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, nutty dark roast coffee, caramel, toffee, vanilla, brown sugar, bourbon, coconut, toasted oak, and dark bread/crust; with lighter notes of molasses, dark fruit, oak char, and smoke. Mild roast/char bitterness and bourbon/oak tannin spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and full body; with a very creamy, silky, velvety, and rich mouthfeel. Light stickiness, chalky roast, oak tannins, and increasing dryness. Minimal warming 12.3%, zero barrel booze. Unbelievably smooth. Perfectly balanced rich malts, fruity/nutty coffee, and bourbon barrel presence/integration. I think it gets a bit better after a year. Smoother/silkier. Glad to have it year round. I have plenty to drink from many vintages.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

jkblr, nicholas2121, Reef and 43 others like this.
  5. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] A taste of Maine.

jkblr, Reef, beergoot and 43 others like this.
  6. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (11,425) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

All aboard the hype train, this one is for real! The wife loved it too
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 39 others like this.
  7. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Forgive the interlude of "not a beer right now" - sometimes the social mediaz nostalgia function of "hey, remember this 3 years ago?" does some good.
    Still fondly remember my visits to the Ballard (Seattle) breweries, including STOUP. From June 2017, when I was out in the Pac NW for a workshop for a few weeks.
    I'll check in later, no worries, for my usual beer(s). Cheers!
    [​IMG]

superspak, beergoot, MacMalt and 28 others like this.
  8. Mister_Faucher

Mister_Faucher Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2014 Washington

Hunter has a box showing up shortly with a pint from Stoup in it. :grinning:

9. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,322) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning virtual bar mates! I took a couple days off for an alcohol free cleanse, and I’m ready for some coffee - BA Ten Fidy:

[​IMG]

I got up early so I could finish my front yard weeding/mulching project in the shade before sun and heat overtake the area...that project is done, so I’m going to relax in the A/C and enjoy this delicious bourbon oaky roasty imperial stout; canned 12/16/19; some warmth from 12.5%; dry finish; plenty of semi sweet chocolate and toffee base to keep the bitter roast in line. Excellent BA beer especially for the price point. I need to try and grab another 4pk for my upcoming trip to WV.

Have a wonderful Wednesday y’all, and Cheers!

jkblr, nicholas2121, SABERG and 44 others like this.
  10. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Wow! this is a good one. Who says stouts aren't summer beers?

[​IMG]

jkblr, nicholas2121, SABERG and 43 others like this.
  11. superspak

Society Trader

Perrin Northern Dream IPA. Excellent Hazy IPA. Great fluffy head retention/foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, mango, honeydew, watermelon, red apple, berries, citrus peel/zest, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate cracker, toasted biscuit, light caramel/honey malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/bready malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no cloying/astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 7% or lingering hop burn after the finish. Feels like Citra, Simcoe, El Doarado. Very juicy and lightly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized bready malt backbone. Light residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. No complaints! 4
    [​IMG]

Cheers

jkblr, Reef, beergoot and 34 others like this.
  12. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

I like the pic and the sharing! Maybe it would be fun, during this period of time when many brewery tap rooms are closed/many of us wouldn’t go even if open, that we share older photos of breweries where we’ve had a beer, and would like to return to when it is safe(r) to do so...just a thought, and Cheers!

LarryV, BJB13, Peach63 and 5 others like this.
  13. HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts

HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts Initiate (97) Dec 25, 2015 Arizona

Mother Road Brewing Company, Flagstaff, AZ, their original location and now taproom/pub
    Pilsner - 5.1% - tasty on an 88 degree day
    [​IMG]
    Decent hop rate and flavor, thin of body compared to the German/Czech originals

jkblr, SABERG, Reef and 32 others like this.
  14. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

BlackStack Link in Bio

Reef, beergoot, ovaltine and 16 others like this.
  15. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,776) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Was brewery hopping g in DC Christmastime and this was the tree in red bear brewery. All gay owned hence the rainbow tree. Great beer and people there[​IMG]@DoctorZombies. Excellent idea as things in NJ arent close to normal yet. Liked @eppCOS image.

This was a flight at a bar in DC when me and the wife visited. I just like the way the glasses of beer looked on their bar[​IMG]

Reef, beergoot, MacMalt and 31 others like this.
  16. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

And here’s a pic of yours truly with @Ocalafox drinking at Cigar City in early March during TBBW:

[​IMG]
    Waiting for my last exterminator to come/inspect property...drinking “Florida Man” DIPA:

[​IMG]

#16 DoctorZombies, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    jkblr, cryptichead, SABERG and 43 others like this.
  17. superspak

Society Trader

I'm strangely addicted to watching cooking food youtube channels in the last 4-6 months. I like it even more when blazed out.

New Holland Poet's Brunch Stout. Awesome stuff. Lasting fluffy head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, maple syrup, toffee, vanilla, cinnamon, roasted nuts, toasted biscuit, and dark/brown bread/crust; with lighter notes of licorice, raisin, fig, date, smoke, char, herbal, wood, grass, pepper, and yeast earthiness. Mild herbal, woody, grassy, peppery, roast, charred bitterness; and cinnamon spiciness on the finish. Medium carbonation and fairly full body; very creamy/silky/velvety/bready malts; light sticky spice and chalky roast in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char bitter dryness; no cloying/acrid/astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 9% or cinnamon heat after the finish. Awesome balanced rich malts, cinnamon, maple, and vanilla flavors; with solid earthy hops and restrained fruity yeast. Not overly sweet/heavy from lingering dryness. Really big fan, amazingly well balanced. Nothing overwhelming. Glad I got the 4 pack at the corner store.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

jkblr, SABERG, Reef and 38 others like this.
  18. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

An excellent pic! I’d go there and drink some beers, next time I’m in DC area - Cheers!

19. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,608) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

Another solid fruit bomb from 450 North. Cheers!

[​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, HopNMad and 39 others like this.
  20. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,098) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning!

[​IMG]
    FBS

21. d0n_nill0

d0n_nill0 Initiate (92) Jul 11, 2018 Denmark
    Trader

Another beautiful summer day here in Copenhagen and I got off early from work. That calls for a beer.
    [​IMG]
    Tuborg Classic, 4.6,% lager.
    A no-nonsense lager from the largest brewery in Denmark. Not good, not bad but your standard run-of-the-mill macro lager. A bit more exciting than their standard pilsner and of those beers for when you just need something cheap and refreshing. Hits the spot!

jkblr, SABERG, Reef and 37 others like this.
  22. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,409) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Fantasmo, by Three Floyds.

Reef, beergoot, MacMalt and 34 others like this.
  23. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

I second that idea!

24. eppCOS

Society

Yeah, been relenting from sharing ALL of the brewery visit photos that pop up but that would be a fun thread, or even addition here, if others are good with it. Could be a paired "brewery visit and WBAYDN" day -- let me know. We can try and just suggest it to ... oh, I don't know a moderator or two? :0
    :wink:

beergoot, LarryV, ChicagoJ and 4 others like this.
  25. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,629) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

Got my outdoor work completed, ready for something cold.

[​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 38 others like this.
  26. eppCOS

Society

Post 8 mile run.
    Ha FADER. Love this stuff...
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 39 others like this.
  27. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (5,040) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Sitting down in a restaurant for the first since March. Enjoying Burley Oak Jelly Not Jam (Raspberry, Cherry, Strawberry), cheers!
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, HopNMad and 37 others like this.
  28. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Short's - Dan's Pink Skirt IPA.. cheers!

superspak, Reef, beergoot and 24 others like this.
  29. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,538) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Forgive me for starting early, but this is a top 3 Tree House beer for me, personally. I just couldn't resist. Good lawwwd, Hunter. Assemble the congregation immediately. Can I get an amen, my brother? Mhmmmm...
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 40 others like this.
  30. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

31. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (5,040) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Yards Brawler, cheers!
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 40 others like this.
  32. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I always liked the artwork on that one, sir. Classic.

LarryV, Urk1127 and larryi86 like this.
  33. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,299) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

It's a nice day in the Philly burbs. Not too hot. Not too humid. A nice day to enjoy a #No Filter from Thomas Hooker Brewery. It smells of orange, lemon, mango, papaya and apricot. The taste follows the nose, but is even stronger. It's an NEIPA and it delivers on the juicebomb promise.

jkblr, Reef, beergoot and 24 others like this.
  34. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

Anchor Steam beer still awesome after all these years.!

SABERG, Reef, beergoot and 26 others like this.
  35. SawDog505

Society

[​IMG] Dreamstate 9% NEDIPA.

jkblr, Reef, beergoot and 33 others like this.
  36. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I'm thankful as f*ck right now. Truly. We just had a brief spell of rain, but we could certainly use some more. Let it rain! Let's get LARRRGE!!!
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 39 others like this.
  37. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

At Arkane Brewing this past March, drinking “Yoda Pants” on draft during TBBW:

[​IMG]

Short keg, I got the last foamy pour as folks streamed in to get that morning’s daily stout release...when the vivid-19 threat settles down here, this local brewery is on my radar for me returning...I went there 6 straight days in March to get their daily BA Stout releases and the brewery is under, IMO, our collective potential whale radar...

The guy estimating installing hurricane shutters just left... SN’s “Hop Bullet” DIPA:

[​IMG]

#37 DoctorZombies, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  38. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,888) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, BAs! Second week of summer school almost in the books. Easier than normal teaching but I’d rather be doing shit-all. Oh well, drinking at 1:30 so can’t complain too much.
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 32 others like this.
  39. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

The "Curiosity" series used to be crazy. Some of them are still pretty good. This one, however, hmm. Let's just say that jury is presently out. Peace...
    [​IMG]

jkblr, superspak, SABERG and 32 others like this.
  40. Nugganooch

Nugganooch Poo-Bah (2,281) Jan 13, 2011 California
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    So we may get some baseball after all...
    Cheers fans!

jkblr, superspak, Reef and 31 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.