What beer are you drinking now? #2806

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by superspak, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,406) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Have a good Friday. Been up all night playing platformer games, and looking through the Steam Sale. Mix of modern and old school versions. I got a couple random Humble Bundles for fun; but also the Sega Genesis Classics bundle(58 titles), Supreme Commander Bundle, a couple Prince of Persia, Cuphead, Age of Mythology, Final Fantasy IX, and Tabletop Simulator. A really good mix, but total came to be 42 new games after it was all done. I will probably find more later, I have less than 2 weeks left.

Old Nation Boss Tweed. Insane NEDIPA as always. Aromas and flavors of huge tangerine, orange juice, grapefruit, lemon, peach, apricot, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, berries, citrus peel/zest, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate wheat, biscuit dough, light honeyed malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Very mild pine, zesty, herbal, floral, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-full bodied creamy, bready, grainy wheat/oats in the mouthfeel. Slight hop stickiness, with a touch of increasing lingering bitter dryness. Zero hop astringency. Dangerously drinkable for 9.3%, minimal warming ABV. One of the absolute best in the style I've had, smoothness is unmatched. Pure citrus/tropical fruit juice hop flavors, with a touch of dankness. Never overly sweet/heavy feeling on malts for the ABV; perfectly balanced. Super soft mouthfeel. Old Nation definitely has the best MI NEIPAs. These hold up extremely well over a few months. I prefer them with a bit of time actually, because they get even smoother/silkier.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

2. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Fifty Fifty Totality Imp Stout. Continuing with the Cali theme I had yesterday...

[​IMG]

Cheers...

3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Todayt's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

Interesting how at $8/16 oz can I'll bitch but I wouldn't have though twice about buying a 22 oz bomber for $16. This is OK (3.92) but not something I'll repeat.

4. superspak

Society Trader

Got even more games. I saw a set of Dreamcast games as a bundle. I played Nights into Dreams, and it is kind of a weird game; have been looking at some playthrough vids to better understand what I am supposed to be doing. Terraria also caught my eye, so I bought it. Probably need to watch a guide for that too.

Founders Blushing Monk. Amazing as always. Aromas and flavors of big juicy/tart/tangy red raspberries, fruit skin/seeds, raisin, red grape, plum, pear, red apple, pepper, candi sugar, and toasted bread; with some herbal hops and yeast earthiness. Touch of banana/clove. Balanced fruit tartness and peppery yeast spice on the finish against malt sweetness. Medium carbonation/body, and fairly crisp finishing. Some bready/grainy creaminess, fruit tannins, and lightly slick/syrupy in the mouthfeel. Good dryness from fruit acidity and yeast spice; never too sweet. Very drinkable, minimal warming 9.2%. This shows great balance of Belgian yeast character, without just being a straight over the top fruit beer. Love Rubaeus too, this is basically just the imperial Belgian version. One of my favorite fruit beers of all time. Super jammy. Still have plenty left. Hope they make it again. Cerise is supposed to be out soon as a limited release.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

5. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,320) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good morning BAs! Hot and humid on tap with heat index in the low 100s again forecast here...coffee time - Lagunitas’ Willettized:

[​IMG]

Bottled 9/25/19 in California. Coffee still strong as are the barrel notes. Dry rye finish.

Busy day lined up this steamy June morning. Exterminator at 10, gardner at 11:30, Bob/handyman at 1. Bob and I will get 30 bags of concrete and some tapcons to increase the size of existing 8’x8’ pad in backyard. I’ll be ready for some cold ones when we finish this afternoon. Have a fun Friday y’all!

6. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (11,420) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

On birthday week I’m going to have my cake and drink it too!
    [​IMG]

7. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,320) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Happy Birthday Week!

8. superspak

Society Trader

Bearded Iris DDH Ever Clever. Fantastic NEDIPA. Lasting rocky head retention/thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big mandarin orange juice, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, honeydew melon, blueberry, guava, citrus peel/zest, wood, mint, peppercorn, pine hops; with moderate wheat, white bread dough, light biscuit/toasted malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Mild pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, minty, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very creamy/silky/bready malts, some sticky hops, and light resins/rinds in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering resin dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth/soft, minimal warming 8.5%, or lingering hop burn after the finish. Fantastic Simcoe, Mosaic, Motueka, Centennial profile. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized wheat/oat/malt backbone. Mild residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Spot on stuff. Loved the hop profile as expected.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

9. traction

traction Devotee (466) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Trader

A little early for me but I'll join you

[​IMG]

10. REVZEB

REVZEB Poo-Bah (11,420) Mar 28, 2013 Illinois
    Society

Thanks! Cheers!

11. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Defender (640) Nov 16, 2007 New York

12. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,097) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

KBS feels like it was made for Friday, ya know?

[​IMG]

Cheers - and horns up!

\m/

13. meanmutt

meanmutt Meyvn (1,122) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Morning BA's. Currently drinking a favorite local pilsner of mine from Karrikin Spirits Company...
    [​IMG]
    Cheers!

14. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,436) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Breakfast and brunch beers!
    [​IMG]
    Hitachino Nest Yuzu Lager - bright and light and citrusy lager...

And now Rodenbach's Grand Cru...
    [​IMG]
    Tangy with dark currant and berry...

Cheers...

15. pat61

pat61 Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2010 Minnesota

Tin Whiskers German Dark Lager

SFACRKnight, AD17, mickyge and 30 others like this.
  16. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,825) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Hard to top @superspak 's pours to start the day, with Old Nation's Boss Tweed a top NEIPA for me, and Founders Blushing Monk, a top pour across all styles. Glad I have Blushing Monk in reserve, will have to pick up some OId Nation sometime this summer.

I have a West Coast banger in hand, Phase 3 Terrazzo.I'm locked and loaded with nearly a dozen left, one of the top 5 WCIPAs to come from this area.

[​IMG]

Waiting for the rain to clear to get more beer (shouldn't, but sale) and Portillo's for the first time since the Rona closed their walk in service. Will be back for more later today

Cheers!

17. Justonemore91

Justonemore91 Zealot (551) Nov 24, 2018 New York
    Trader

TGIF advocates. Starting with a long time want from @CanConPhilly alien church. I have been blessed by the beer gods because I have another can sent to me by @JayORear. Just is just a phenomenal neipa. Love me some tired hands cheers
    [​IMG]

18. meanmutt

meanmutt Meyvn (1,122) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

#18 meanmutt, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  19. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,161) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Morning dives were canceled due to wind, bummer. Time for a beer,Funky Buddha Hop Gun IPA

20. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,811) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

MIA Neon at Hooter's after mandatory OT.
    [​IMG]

21. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm kicking back with Silent Disco, an IPA from Funk Brewing. This one is loaded with tropical and citrus aromas & flavors. Pineapple, orange, mango & papaya. It's a juicy fruit bomb that is made for a summer day.

22. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

23. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    after having strep throat for a week and on medication should I or shouldn’t I be drinking? Not an actual questions. Rhetorical. Got mixed answers from docs so taking it easy on this. Clean your masks and bandanas peoples. Dont be like me.

Double Nickel Pilsner. Cheers.

24. traction

Trader

I find that oddly attractive. Maybe I have a new kink I didn't know about.

25. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,161) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Islamorrada Brewing’s Channel Marker IPA poolside at the hotel

26. Justonemore91

Trader

Tired hands milkstave extra cherry vanilla pie. A hoppy delight that drinks like a sour. Thanks @CanConPhilly cheers
    [​IMG]

27. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,811) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

28. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,630) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Hitting this one again today, nice stuff from Orono Brewing. Cheers all.

29. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Yep. HA FADER. A lovely little lager ("Pils") for summertime.
    After a 7.5 mile run. Cheers from the Front Range of Colorado!
    [​IMG]

30. Urk1127

Society Trader

Were you a huge fan of Mortal Kombat?

31. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

32. Bluecrow

Bluecrow Poo-Bah (2,064) Jul 16, 2012 New York
    Society

Cap’t Lawrence Citra Dreams. Happy Friday!
    [​IMG]

33. Justonemore91

Trader

Tired hands punge. Another exceptional neipa thanks @CanConPhilly cheers
    [​IMG]

34. SWChi

SWChi Crusader (733) Oct 25, 2012 Illinois
    Society Trader

Oh, it's been a while.. Happy Friday.. work is crazy but off now until the 6th. Road trip to Big Crooked Lake in Michigan but stopped here first...

Ghost Isle Brewery...

Stoners Paradise NE Pale Ale, Wheat Thicks and Peach Bum Blonde...

Cheers!

[​IMG]

Then a Black Isle Stout...

[​IMG]

35. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,977) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

You really are going OT!

mickyge, GreenBayBA, Peach63 and 6 others like this.
  36. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,977) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

[​IMG]

Dirty Dozen Brass Band - Jesus on the Mainline

Cheers!

37. Urk1127

Society Trader

About to do a batch of chili on this hundred degree day. Digging the Cincy chili so I’m moving west. Springfield Style is a thing? Idk. But here goes...

[​IMG]

Needs no description. Use in the chili. Drinking what’s left. It’s not terrible I can drink it it’s fine but truly smells like piss on tap to me. Will drink if handed. No actual complaints. Cheers

38. d0n_nill0

d0n_nill0 Initiate (92) Jul 11, 2018 Denmark
    Trader

Finally home from w ork. Unfortunately I have to work again tomorrow but a few beers before bedtime should help me sleep through the heat.
    [​IMG]
    AZ Ale no. 16 by Bryggeriet Refsvindinge, 5.7% ABV brown ale.
    I used to love brown ales but lately I haven't really found one that suits me. This one is a classic though and is always good. It was on sale the other day at my local supermarket for 5 DKK (less than 1 US dollar) so I stocked up and currently always have a couple in the fridge. Cheers to the weekend everyone. Even though it's not quite weekend for me yet.

39. traction

Trader

[​IMG]

Continuing my IPA theme of the day with Ninja v. Unicorn

40. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,608) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

This beer is killer, fantastic coffee stout from Untitled Art

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.