What beer are you drinking now? #2818

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Jul 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (2,635) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Happy Birthday by VitaminSea
    [​IMG]

4.35/5 rDev +1.2%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Oated IPA hopped with Citra, Trident and Sultana

“Hbd America”

Canned 7.2, opened 7.8, poured into a teku glass. Two finger yellowish off white fizzy foam cap , good lacings, good retention. Settles to a pencil thick layer over a hazy deep Orange amber liquid .

Aroma is pineapple , candied pineapple. Passion fruit , orange citrus

Taste is orange citrus , pineapple

Low sudsing, hop nibble, gently lingers

Good beer

today’s sunrise

[​IMG]

2. Mister_Faucher

Mister_Faucher Poo-Bah (2,099) Dec 3, 2014 Washington
    Society

Finally found some fresh OBC

[​IMG]

3. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (7,679) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

There's a pill for that. :flushed:

larryi86, Blogjackets, SABERG and 9 others like this.
  4. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Meyvn (1,109) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Fire, Skulls & Money

[​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, Nugganooch and 29 others like this.
  5. LarryV

LarryV Poo-Bah (2,065) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

You didn't really think I'd give her the night off did you?

[​IMG]

I like this song because it really shows Howard's mastery over chord soloing. I love the harmonized chords he plays over the intro, just incredible playing. He was the master. The tempo change at 2:38 is excellent. If you were to own one HR album, this is the one to get, just an excellent album.

If you're a guitar player, just try to copy it :wink:

#165 LarryV, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    VABA, hopsputin, Nugganooch and 28 others like this.
  6. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,482) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

I just downloaded the Goldeneye 007 Reloaded game for PS3. Took a while as it was on mega.nz, but I can't wait to play it. I loved the N64 Goldeneye, one of the highlight games of my childhood. I had owned a N64 in the 90's, never had a PS1. Lots of 4 player split screen and super smash bros.

Shorts Sweet 16 anniversary ale. Awesome IPA. Lasting rocky head retention, thick foamy lacing. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, red grapefruit, lemon, lime, peach, pear, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, watermelon,. honeydew melon, guava, blueberry, gooseberry, citrus peel/rind, wood, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate wheat, cracker, white bread dough, toasted biscuit, light honey malts; and herbal/floral/grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, floral, woody, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-plus body; very smooth, creamy/bready/grainy, and fairly sticky/resinous/rindy balanced mouthfeel that is great. Mild increasing warmth of 6.9%, with minimal lingering hop burn after the finish. 16 hop varieties; feels like a lot of citra, motueka, mosaic, el dorado. Very juicy, vibrant, and fairly dank/earthy hops; with a nice sized bready malt backbone. Minimal residual sweetness with lingering resin dryness. Very impressive! 4.13
    [​IMG]

Cheers

VABA, hopsputin, Nugganooch and 28 others like this.
  7. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,800) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Beer #7 was a chug from @azuelke . Actually not bad.
    [​IMG]

Now onto beer #8, a blind beer from @Dragginballs76 .
    [​IMG] Crisp 1.5 finger head atop a translucent yellow body. Smell is sweet. Reminds me of citrus candies. Taste is super tropical sour. Key lime I’m pretty sure. Maybe some other stuffs but definitely key lime. Getting a little salt so maybe a Key Lime Gose? I assumed from CTF, thus the glass choice.

The reveal:
    [​IMG]
    So close, yet so far. Thanks again Mike!

VABA, hopsputin, azuelke and 30 others like this.
  8. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,537) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Ok
    Am I the only person not impressed with MBC Peeper?
    Don't get me wrong. But at 5.5% this pale should taste like something and it's only 2 weeks old. @beergoot - what did you think?

Consider me unimpressed.
    Huff.

9. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,868) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Very tasty brew.

River Runners Pale Ale Eddyline Brewery

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    Judas Priest Sad Wings Of Destiny (180G) (Limited Edition) (Gatefold) 1976 2008 Ris Koch Records NM
    [​IMG]
    Neil Young After The Gold Rush (Terra Haute Pressing) (Gatefold) 1970 Reprise Records VG+
    [​IMG]

10. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (3,113) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

I already take too many pills but not enough smoke.

I hope all is well with you and your family. What kind of havoc and mayhem are thing 1 and thing 2 up to?

11. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (12,437) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Society

Logboat Ricky Six -- their 6th anniversary beer.

12. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,568) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Rummaging around for a beer and found an older Wooden Robot IPA, it’s 3 months old and still excellent. WT 101 chaser. Actually I thing the age rounded it off a bit and killed the astringency, IMO better than 2 months ago.
    [​IMG]

13. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (6,327) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

TRVE -- Lower

[​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, Nugganooch and 26 others like this.
  14. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Meyvn (1,232) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Nice balmy 86 outside with a 8-12 mph breeze, going great with ole Pseudo.....
    [​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, Nugganooch and 26 others like this.
  15. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (6,327) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Let's see...I rated it an overall 4.02 back in October 2013. And I've really enjoyed it through subsequent years. I know I just purchased a bottle this past week or so, but honestly don't recall my impressions. I'm inclined to think it was still pretty tasty.

Sounds like I need to hit up Coaltrain (and hope they still have a bottle - or Weber St. or Veteran's or Cheers or...) and do some empirical studies...:stuck_out_tongue:

16. GimmeAGuinness

GimmeAGuinness Defender (605) Sep 1, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society

[​IMG]

Got some hoppy Maine pilsner going on...

17. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (927) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Storms around the area - bring some rain and cooler temps please!

[​IMG]

18. ejimhof

ejimhof Poo-Bah (1,710) Apr 12, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

FVCK COVID Ale Asylum

19. brewskis

brewskis Meyvn (1,053) Jun 8, 2012 Indiana

It was so hot and humid today that storms were bund to roll in at some point.
    Hop Butcher Rip Rap APA (Nelson Sauvin/El Dorado). This was outstanding at two days fresh and it’s still outstanding over a month in. Ripe watermelon, touch of white grape juice, white grape skin, tangerine, fresh lemon, ruby red grapefruit, slight ripe mango and pineapple, grass, touch of pine. Moderately juicy up front, which then evolves into a much drier and lightly bitter finish. Hop Butcher needs to make more lighter abv beers and take a break from the lactose filled DIPA’s imho.
    [​IMG]

20. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (12,437) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri
    Society

Logboat Snapper IPA

21. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Poo-Bah (2,800) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Beer #9, and my closer, is this growler of Conclave’s Mexican Morning milk stout.
    [​IMG]

Timmush, VABA, hopsputin and 25 others like this.
  22. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (1,537) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Following that meh beer with a heavy hitter HAlf Acre Orin (BBA STRONG ALE YEAH!).
    Now this more like it.

[​IMG]

23. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Hey @scream fucker. Had my fill of beer. Having cheap white wine #3. Please do not preach.

I know you have breathing challenges so I suspect there is no way you could handle a hot and humid Richmond summer. But hell dude, I can ship Richmond to you.[​IMG]

24. jkblr

jkblr Poo-Bah (2,541) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good evening BA
    First time seeing this one in Indiana.
    [​IMG]
    Taking it easy tonight after drinking whiskey last night before a 12 hour shift with temp & humidity above 90. Brutal. Only four more days and I'm off for a week and a half. Cheers all!

25. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Poo-Bah (1,696) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

My ex-beerguy who sadly died of a heart attack told me that the distributor made them buy 4 cases of Peeper for every case of Lunch he bought. I wasn’t overly impressed with it either the one time I had it, things have probably changed since this was years ago.

26. Mister_Faucher

Society

I don't have breathing problems and the humidity down that way is oppressive to me... and my family has timeshare in Hawaii..

eppCOS, scream, GreenBayBA and 2 others like this.
  27. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (459) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Burlington juice.
    [​IMG]

28. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Meyvn (1,109) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

One of my favorites from Bearded Iris.

[​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, superspak and 20 others like this.
  29. colby600

colby600 Defender (667) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Had a Bodhi, then a TH Blend Two and now a Head Hunter. The Blend Two was the only disappointment. It's very nice to revisit Bodhi & Head Hunter. I believe I've had too much juice and need some bitter beer in my life again.
    [​IMG]

30. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Damn, always wanted to go to Hawaii. Daughter #2 went twice. Me, I have hit the east coast bar and oyster scene.

Richmond summers are not for the faint of heart. On the serious side, summer in Richmond is not for folks with any kind of breathing issue.

ChicagoJ, eppCOS, GreenBayBA and 2 others like this.
  31. Brugesman

Brugesman Initiate (73) Apr 22, 2020 California
    Trader

Taking another spin with a hazy, a style I have not explored very much. Sacrificial Oat, from Ghost Town Brewing in Oakland, CA.

3.91/5 rDev -3%
    look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Tall can. No "best by" or "canned on" date.

Appearance: Cloudy gold color, airy foam that doesn't last long.

Smell: Tropical fruit dominates. Mango, guava. Some sticky hop components add some complexity.

Taste: Restrained tropical fruitiness, followed by intense hop bitterness. Dank, resiny, earthy.

Mouthfeel: Fairly thick, mouth-coating quality. Average carbonation.

Overall: A very enjoyable hazy. I enjoyed the confluence of the strong tropical fruit aroma with an assertive bitter hop flavor. No milk shake or lactose qualities, which make the beer highly drinkable. No idea if oats are a component in the grain bill. If they are, then demerits for the brewery not noting this on the can or explaining it online. I quite enjoyed this beer, and would definitely buy it again to support a local brewery in these trying COVID times.

[​IMG]

VABA, Nugganooch, jrc1093 and 13 others like this.
  32. brewskis

brewskis Meyvn (1,053) Jun 8, 2012 Indiana

Phase Three DDH Galaxy/Citra/El Dorado Creme DIPA. Not their best of this series, but a delicious beer nonetheless. I feel like the Galaxy comes through more than the others with a huge amount of ripe passionfruit, but the Citra could be contributing to that as well. A touch of hop burn on the finish, but actually balances out the sweetness nicely. Lush, soft, and creamy feel to it thanks to the oats and lactose.
    [​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, superspak and 17 others like this.
  33. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,568) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Last for the night. Framboise from Une Annee Niles IL done with raspberry. Sour, fruity, but as an inexperienced sour guy it’s... sour. But I like it, I like vinegar as an example but it’s not that acidic. A step closer step to the dark side vs say a sweeter Lindemans. No funk, but there’s enough fruit there to pull it thru. Interesting, surprisingly higher abc at 6.5 abv. I needed a new path in the beer world so who knows. With a chaser at the end, the wife’s on business as always until Friday.

Thanks @FBarber
    [​IMG]

#193 nc41, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  34. jrc1093

jrc1093 Poo-Bah (1,616) Mar 18, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Nedt up, a collaboration pilsner from Boulevard and Bierstadt courtesy of @DKerr. Thanks for this one, man! Cheers, BA!

VABA, hopsputin, superspak and 17 others like this.
  35. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,818) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

One more this evening, advocates. Edward from Hill Farmstead. Thanks, @jhavs! Peace...
    [​IMG]

VABA, hopsputin, superspak and 22 others like this.
  36. Mister_Faucher

Society

THAT's what the T-1000 turned himself into when he first came across human DNA!

37. MacMalt

MacMalt Poo-Bah (4,318) Jan 28, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

VABA, hopsputin, superspak and 18 others like this.
  38. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,961) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Definitely something I try to trade for every year.

39. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,961) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Enjoy. As per their media that’s the “original recipe” version. I bought a case and they definitely taste great past their 2 week expiration date marked on the can bottom.

40. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,793) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

After work beer is a Cervecita Mexican lager from Stoup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.