What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #3380

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AzfromOz, Jan 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defunksta

defunksta Poo-Bah (2,140) Jan 18, 2019 North Dakota
    Society Trader

[​IMG] Tonight's Blind Battle Beer Tasting Lineup: (only 1 of the 3 pairs correctly matched blind)

1) Paulaner Pilsner (4.8%):
    An authentic German pilsner with flavors of lemon citrus, toasty German bread malts, honey, yeast, and authentic Munich malts on the finish.
    versus
    2) Bauhaus Wonderstuff (5.4%): A Czech-style pilsner from Minnesota that has citrus, grassy, bready and salty flavors. Mixes American and European pilsners.

4) Terrapin Hopsecutioner IPA (7.3%): A west-coast IPA from Georgia with flavors of ripe orange, tangerine. A woodsy and slightly sweet finish.
    versus
    3) Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (7.2%): A west-coast IPA from California with strong and robust flavors of chewy orange, pine soap, and rich, spiced caramel malt.
    (mismatched these two blind)

5) Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald (6.0%): An American Porter from Ohio with flavors of bittersweet chocolate, coffee, cocoa, and caramel flavors
    versus
    6) Bells Kalamazoo Stout (6.0%): A Stout from Michigan with flavors of balanced dark, bittersweet chocolate and roast with a smooth finish.
    (mismatched these two blind)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Winners:

2) Bahaus Wonderstuff:
    This one masters a nice blend of German and American flavors balancing German malts with American citrus flavors. One of a kind in my opinion.

4) Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA:
    This one has a more robust pine and earthy caramel note. Larger and more flavorful. Hopsecutioner was a bit underwhelming.

6) Bells Kalamazoo Stout: This one has a nice flavor of dark and bittersweet chocolate with some smooth leather and black malts. Thought I like Edmund Fitzgerald more, but this one wins tonight.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Humbling to mismatch these beers, but always trying to get better.
    Have you tried Terrapin Hopsecutioner or Sierra Nevada Torpedoand which IPA do you prefer?
    Do you prefer Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald or Bells Kalamazoo Stout?

2. BigIronH

BigIronH Poo-Bah (1,929) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Society Trader

HAHA! :joy: I died at “ITS MY JOB, ILL DO IT MY WAY.” I’ve actually said that shit before. Excellent clip, thank you.

3. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (4,082) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Shots and beer. Brings back memories. My dad would drink what he called boiler makers. He would get a shot of whiskey and drop the shot glass in a pint of draft beer.

I think I was raised in local NJ bars. Somehow I spent a lot of time in them years before I could consume alcohol. Drink of choice for me then was birch beer on draft.

4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,861) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Rye'd Captain Rye'd. Eagle Park Brewing.

VABA, Bigrock, superspak and 28 others like this.
  5. SawDog505

SawDog505 Poo-Bah (6,838) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Society

[​IMG] Uncle Pulpy is ready to go away until next Christmas. Probably should have finished that 4 pack 10 days ago especially after having his 10 day old TDH nephew. Still rock solid.

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 27 others like this.
  6. Giantspace

Giantspace Meyvn (1,049) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Grilling Salmon with teriyaki along with roasted taters and served over arugula. Drinking a nice refreshing Pale ale from VT….

Enjoy

I can’t get post image to work tonight , oh well

7. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (3,464) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Got home, got out of the work clothes, got pizza in the oven, started a fire in the fireplace, and poured a beer. [​IMG]
    Listened to this album at work today, for obvious reasons. Forgot how great it is.

Bigrock, GreenBayBA, SkipZ and 24 others like this.
  8. adrock314

adrock314 Savant (961) Apr 14, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Change of pace. Maybe the last one for the night.
    [​IMG]

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 28 others like this.
  9. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (4,379) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Moderator Society Trader

Good evening saints, sinners, and everything in between. The wind is crazy right now - knocked out power earlier. Tossing everything around the yard! Dipping into the cellar to kick things off. 2014 Stickee Monkee from Firestone. Cheers!

[​IMG]

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 31 others like this.
  10. vabeerguy

Society Trader

Mike, have another one of these old man.
    [​IMG]

Limazulu, VABA, Bigrock and 26 others like this.
  11. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,263) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Love that beer.
    Cheers

12. highdesertdrinker

highdesertdrinker Crusader (724) Nov 5, 2012 Arizona
    Trader

In my covid jail suite / master bedroom tonight beer friends. It’s not the way I wanted to end the week but I came down with a fairly mild head cold yesterday morning and had to leave work (fully vaccinated and the booster 3 weeks ago) and get tested. Haven’t got the results yet but I hope I’m negative and didn’t expose my co workers / employees as I’m feeling a lot better and it wasn’t much, tbh. In the meantime it’s a party for one in here with sports, music, alcohol, and the wife will have some grub for me in a bit, cheers!
    [​IMG]

#172 highdesertdrinker, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 28 others like this.
  13. BigIronH

Society Trader

[​IMG] A delicious blueberry bomb from Untitled Art. Cheers.

14. vabeerguy

Society Trader

That is a really cool beer glass!

15. wadamslll

wadamslll Initiate (81) Nov 25, 2021

This is a great porter! Kona Pipeline.
    Their lager sucks, but golden ale solid.

but the porter rocks!

[​IMG]

16. LarryV

LarryV Poo-Bah (3,411) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

Stone Neverending Haze

[​IMG]

FWIW - new tune - Route 44

Some have called the Massachusetts section of Route 44 the most haunted road in the country. Local lore says the highway is home to a 6-foot tall phantom hitchhiker who wears a red flannel shirt and work boots. The detailed description is important because it supposedly matches that of a victim who died on the same stretch of road some years ago.

Drivers on Route 44 have reported all sorts of interactions with the apparition. Some have picked him up off the side of the road, others have seen him appear in the rearview mirror sitting in the backseat of the car, while another saw him pressed against the car window as he drove. Almost all the stories, however, end the same way: The ghost suddenly disappears, while his loud, maniacal laughter is left lingering in the air.

17. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,961) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Right on Harley, knock'um dead at the new job! We will drink together in the next couple years when we're up in my birth state of MI.....cheers bro!!!

18. Pereza987

Pereza987 Initiate (87) Nov 2, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Image upload not working but onto a Civil Society Pulp. Mosaic hopper wheat ale. One of their flagships and always delicious.

19. BigIronH

Society Trader

Awesome Vann, I can’t wait brother. Maybe I’ll make it to Florida by then too. Thanks brother.

20. DavetotheB

DavetotheB Poo-Bah (1,623) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Society

Not sure what the heck postimage is up to tonight. Using imgur-I'm trainable. Troegs Nugget Nectar-Cheers!

[​IMG]

It's amazing that Steve Hackett was using Eddie Van Halen's finger tapping technique five years before there was a Van Halen...

21. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Defender (658) Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Trader

My new favorite thing to do is do instacart in the morning before doing your own shopping
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Beersnake1

Moderator Society Trader

Good luck tomorrow!

23. Beersnake1

Moderator Society Trader

Congrats!!

24. LarryV

Society

I had to use Imgur as well - I think Postimage needs a reboot or something.

25. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (2,794) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Burlington Barista. A double coffee porter. haven't had many double porters, but this one toes the line between porter and stout. has some of that classic porter roast to keep it in line :slight_smile:. as with all Burlington beers i've had, it is very tasty
    [​IMG]

I bit the bullet earlier and picked up some Drekker. Operarion: Magical. I've seen a bunch of local BA's having this brewery which is new to the area so decided to give it a try. Me thinks that for the High price i paid for it, it isn't worth that price and I could find other, better cheaper options :slight_smile:. not bad, but i feel a bit over-priced
    [​IMG]

cheers!

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 25 others like this.
  26. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,085) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

How to use imgr ?

27. Beersnake1

Moderator Society Trader

Hope it's just a cold!

28. SiepJones

SiepJones Defender (616) Nov 20, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Happy to see Dancing Gnome being distributed and shipping to South Eastern PA. Love this beer when I’m visiting Pittsburgh. And then one of my favorite DIPAs. Little disappointed in 16 oz cans instead of bottles but that was quickly put to rest with my first sip. Believe that I took a sip before I took a pic. Cheers!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RIP the Loaf

29. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,685) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Start of 3 day weekend. Getting juicy with Juice Machine. Damn![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,961) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Jai Alai and switched to Imgur, hope it works....
    [​IMG]

31. Bshaw22

Bshaw22 Champion (889) Aug 29, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

[​IMG]
    #proper
    Unbelievable pilsner

32. LarryV

Society

From a PC - click New Post (upper left corner) - upload your image - Hover over the image with your mouse and click the 3 dots (ellipsis) - and click on Get Share links - grab the link for BBCode

33. Giantspace

Giantspace Meyvn (1,049) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Got it working.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

34. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Zealot (556) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania

New Trail’s best and regularly available IPA at the moment:

[​IMG]

35. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,085) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    after two hours fighting with image hosting

most computer illiterate on the planet.

broccolo pizza.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Made the dough. Made garlic paste. Then layer of crumbled broccoli. Then cheese. Quick info. Pre shredded mozzarella is covered in potato starch and this hinders melting compared to shredding your own. I also used quick rise yeast which I dislike but it works in an hour just fine but it’ll come out chewy. If u let sit overnight it’s much better with active dry yeast. . After the cheese is thinly sliced broccoli then when it comes out hit it with the oil and Parmesan. It’s actually great with ranch.

also literal pro tip. If you add salt to your dough.......form it first. Let it rise for like 15 minutes to give yeast a jump start then knead it into the salt on the counter without letting the air out. Salt stops yeast production and slows it drastically. Do it this way and you’ll get the flavor and texture without killing yeast without you even realizing you’re doing that. But don’t pop the air out. Be gentle. Results are worth it

ps. Low moisture part skim mozz is garbage. Use whole milk.

Peace

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 24 others like this.
  36. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Poo-Bah (1,545) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Let’s go! Fat Squirrel, New Glarus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. Beersnake1

Moderator Society Trader

Looks amazing!

38. LarryV

Society

Postimage seems to be working again - Whirlpool from Night Shift

[​IMG]

VABA, Bigrock, GreenBayBA and 24 others like this.
  39. Braunmeister_1943

Braunmeister_1943 Defender (690) Nov 22, 2020 Pennsylvania
    Society

Good evening, BA Nation. A rough week in the can and starting the weekend off with Tired Hands High Road . Hanging and chilling with Biscuit (he’s my avatar pic) and Ruby![​IMG] [​IMG]

40. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Poo-Bah (1,787) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.