What beer are you drinking now? #3395

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AzfromOz, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (5,409) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

I read that, great story and tribute :beers:

2. Gkruszewski

Gkruszewski Poo-Bah (2,886) Nov 1, 2013 New York
    Society Trader

Frosé Hydra Deuce
    Mortalis Brewing Co.

ChicagoJ, mickyge, beergoot and 17 others like this.
  3. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

Today is going to be an Iron Hill day for me. Up first is Sweet Leaf, an IPA that clocks in at 7.2%. I just reviewed it and saw several reviews that said it was boozy. I didn't get any of that. I did get grapefruit, pine, and tropical fruit. This is a rock solid IPA from a trusted local brewery.

ChicagoJ, mickyge, beergoot and 23 others like this.
  4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Poo-Bah (1,780) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    NBW cross-post. @TheIPAHunter, WBAYDN regulars will be in Philadelphia, PA, for the 6/10/22-6/11/22 Decibel Magazine Metal & Beer Fest. I am debating joining that celebration. We need to get everyone together for the most epic beer share!

5. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Let me know if I should purchase tickets, sir. Cheers!

6. BigIronH

BigIronH Poo-Bah (1,534) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Society Trader

Awesome! Any whiskey to pair? What did pop pop enjoy? Cheers.

7. DavetotheB

DavetotheB Meyvn (1,178) Sep 30, 2017 Pennsylvania

I'm guilty of just hitting the like button sometimes. Not this time though. Great story, great memories and a great name too. Haven't had that beer since the mid-90s. Cheers to your pop-pop and cheers to you.

8. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,409) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Some more of that Double Nugget Nectar.

Dedicated to @TheIPAHunter who convinced me to get my hands on some. Much appreciating his tribute to his grandfather. I sympathize brother. My grandpa and grandma fought in WW2 (and then a civil war, and spent 30+ years in exile). Much respect and love.

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 36 others like this.
  9. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I learned a long time ago that hard liquor and me go together like vodka & milk. I wish I knew his whiskey of choice, but I think that might have died w/ him. I doubt my mom would remember because she wasn't the biggest fan of his drinking. Haha!

ChicagoJ, TCgenny, mickyge and 9 others like this.
  10. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Southern Tier - Irish Cream Stout.. cheers!

11. DavetotheB

Got a few of these lurking in the fridge still. Sierra Nevada Narwhal. Cheers!

[​IMG]

12. BigIronH

Society Trader

I think we can all be guilty from time to time. There’s definitely been times I’ve followed along for 5 pages and the put my phone down and came back to 12 pages. Kinda tough to devote that kind of time. I still try to make sure everyone gets their “like” though. Cheers.

13. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Poo-Bah (9,641) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Helping my buddy turn his DE beach house garage into a beer cave. Just finished the bar - all solid 1.5 inch thick solid oak. It ain't Virtual, but it works. ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... and time for the inaugural beer from a local DE brewery. This T-IPA is dank as all get out. (Canned two weeks ago.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prost! :nerd::beers: !!

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 36 others like this.
  14. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Crusader (761) Jul 3, 2012 Indiana

Upland Brewing "Polar Bear Kisses". Picked up a mixed 4 pack of Upland's barrel-aged imperial stout variants recently. This is the cacao and peppermint one. I don't normally love peppermint but this one isn't too bad. Definitely warming me up after some morning shoveling. Go Hoosiers!!

[​IMG]

Love this Amanda Shires cover of the great John Prine's "Saddle in the Rain"

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 37 others like this.
  15. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Poo-Bah (1,533) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Stone Buenaveza and some free chips and salsa at the Mexican place next to where I’m getting my tux fitted. Waiting on my brothers so I’m killing time. Damn over punctuality pays off sometimes.

[​IMG]

16. Beerspeakspeoplemumble

Beerspeakspeoplemumble Initiate (33) Sep 12, 2021 Connecticut

[​IMG]

Fairly one dimensional but nonetheless crisp, clean, and quaffable! Cheers all virtual bar goers!

17. champ103

Society

Still sipping on some Spencer, no pic but listening to the second half of the Illinois/Indiana game on the radio. As I don't have cable to watch it on ESPN. Listening WDWS, home of the Fighting Illini with legendary Deon Thomas, and Brian Barnhart. :sunglasses::grin:

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 20 others like this.
  18. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,097) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Some afternoon hops ...

[​IMG]

19. GreenBayBA

Society Trader

You would probably not want to attend the show, but the pre/post show would be quite an event! Unless you suddenly like Cannibal Corpse.

20. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I am down to try anything once. I've seen Body Count, but that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows Ice-T was a rapper first. Let me know!

21. The_Kriek_Freak

Society Trader

This is my favorite Lawson's. So nicely bitter. Wish it was a year-round beer. I grabbed a 4-pack the other day. Enjoy!

22. meanmutt

meanmutt Meyvn (1,122) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Errands for the day are done. Two Hearted for me. The mrs. is drinking a Topo Chico hard seltzer (those things are pretty tasty). We're getting ready to play Mario Golf on N64.

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

23. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (4,537) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

I was really disappointed by this coming from Schneeeule, who usually manage a much more subtle and sophisticated brew.

Flora Speziaal, a Berliner Weisse by German brewer Schneeeule (3.5%).

The label lists this as being brewed with orange and lemon peel, but it tastes more like being brewed with whole lemons. That strong, lemony sourness really is overwhelming here really drowns out the more subtle additions of rose petals, ginger and wood chips.

[​IMG]

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 34 others like this.
  24. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

The Substance Ale from Bissell Brothers. This is a personal favorite from them for me. Of course I like Swish more, but the quality control of this beer, batch-to-batch, is hard to beat. Canned on 1/18/22. Yessir!!! Peace...
    P.S. Thanks for the comments on my late pop pop. He's been gone several years now. That Black Label was a treat; 60 seems like too low a score for the style. I think a flat 70 would be more representative. Carthell says it's world-class. Of course he must have thought that. Ya know, not to get off subject, but I once thought Viva paper towels were the best because of the soft texture. Now it just feels weird to me. Maybe I prefer the quicker-picker-upper (Bounty) by a slight margin. Brawny is a distant third. Hunter, what are you even talking about? Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    I was singing this young man's praises in this forum before he was old enough to drive a car legally. You don't have to like him, but he certainly turned out to be more (huge understatement) than a one-hit wonder. I'm not sure how relevant he'll be in his 40's, but by then he'll have more than enough money to live fat & comfortably. I like this young man.

25. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (768) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Trader

Drinking Sierra Nevada Powder Day IPA, about to resign game and match

[​IMG]

Cream appropriated some of the words from the old Black Label advertising for this tune

26. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,977) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Thanks! Got lucky! :grinning:

Monkeyknife, mickyge, LarryV and 3 others like this.
  27. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (168) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

28. BigIronH

Society Trader

He probably already has more than enough to live fat and comfortably by most of our standards. P.S. I like the Sparkle brand. Cheap and very absorbent. Cheers.

29. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Next time out, I'll grab a roll. Thanks for that, sir!

30. adrock314

adrock314 Savant (949) Apr 14, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

After a semi disappointing cellar pull I'm going with something easy. Dancing Gnome Pharmakon.
    [​IMG]
    Mosaic single hop pale ale. Simple but very enjoyable.

ChicagoJ, Monkeyknife, Reef and 32 others like this.
  31. CreightonSM

CreightonSM Defender (634) Dec 23, 2010 New York

Good afternoon heathens,

[​IMG]

"8th Anniversary Imperial IPA (10.0%) For our 8th Anniversary IPA we massively packed this Imperial IPA with our favorite hops from near and far. Featuring our hand-selected Mosaic and Citra hops from the pacific northwest along with Australian Enigma hops, New Zealand Motueka from our friends at Freestyle hops and dash of Idaho 7 originally bred in Boise, Idaho. Then, we topped it off with some next-level Citra Incognito and Citra Cryo for a soft and juicy, worldwide IPA. Here’s to another amazing year! $24 per 4 Pack." By, Other Half Brewing Company.

[​IMG]

Be safe.

Cheers.

32. meanmutt

Trader

33. meanmutt

Trader

I wish I could "like" this post 10 times! Big Pantera fan and super jealous of the vinyl!

Cheers!

34. GreenBayBA

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Orange juice of destiny! @TheIPAHunter, again with the Bounty. Your sister and I will not change our allegiance to Viva. Using Viva paper towels is like cleaning with a cloud, as Odin guides your hands. I have seen Body Count live, and I believe Ice-T can be on a level slightly above Phil Anselmo, who I believe is the greatest heavy metal frontman ever! On any given night, Ice-T can certainly deliver a performance better than any other frontman in heavy metal!

#74 GreenBayBA, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  35. The_Kriek_Freak

Society Trader

You are out of your mind Hunter. Brawny is the undisputed champ!

36. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Is the snow deep enough for us to do elbow drops on each other off the roof? That's always a good time, but I'm sure the neighbors are confused by it.

37. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

I gave Brawny its praise. There are so many brands out there! Haha!

38. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (168) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Last one of the season for me.

39. DavetotheB

So true. It's a bar, man. Not possible (and probably not healthy) to keep up with every conversation. Glad the like button is there to show our bar mates some respect. Cheers!

40. champ103

Society

512 Pale Ale, and the wonderful singer-songwriter Natalie Prass, her self titled debut.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.