What beer are you drinking now? #3397

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Shanex, Feb 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Good morning advocates and a new week starting on the right track so far. Frosty early this morning and now quite sunny and mild.

Errands done, cemetery visit for the grandma, and this afternoon I have to refuel my car. The most annoying thing to do today. 1,75€ a liter here, hence about 7 bucks a gallon… rough times.

The Stonewall Inn IPA, which has become my weekly treat:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

2. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs and thanks to @Shanex for starting today's thread! I decided to crack the first beer from the BeerAdvocate Extreme Beer box today, basing my selection on the comments and reviews posted thus far:

[​IMG]

Well. No one may expect the Spanish Inquisition but it would be a relief after this beer. Extreme -yes, good - no. I've consumed ditch water that looked, smelled, and tasted better. Heavy on the organic solvents. I definitely won't be making any side trips to FL to pick up any of this! Rating 2.8, rDev -5.4%.

3. Shanex

Society Trader

Cheers @Ozzylizard

Now onto Westmalle Tripel. And that refueling the car thing wasn’t cheap. Ah well.

[​IMG]

4. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

5. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Wolf's Ridge - Dire Wolf Coffee Joy RIS (16oz can).. cheers!

6. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Thanks for kicking it off @Shanex . 7 bucks a gallon? And I've been complaining we'll probably never see gas under 3 bucks a gallon again here in NY. Cheapest I see is currently $3.31.

Drinking Abbaye De Leffe Brune.

[​IMG]

7. Shanex

Society Trader

Things are pretty bad, inflation and stuff.

Waiting for better days, and Leffe Brune is quite good. Along with Leffe Tripel one of my beer of choice from them.

ChicagoJ, Hinda65, beergoot and 9 others like this.
  8. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,164) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Whoa, slow drinking Monday, eh?

I have been taking it somewhat easy as well - easing into my 4th week of retirement.....did some laundry (and things are outside in the sun to hopefully dry!), made a run to a thrift store, and now drinking this holiday holdover with some yummy quiche I made Sunday.....

[​IMG]

picked this up at the thrift store for my lovely (Irish blooded) daughter - who has been to the brewery in Dublin - raised her right!

[​IMG]

this mornings sunrise - it was a beautiful thing

[​IMG]

love that I have time now to stand and watch such things on an early Monday morning

[​IMG]

9. KT3418

KT3418 Meyvn (1,361) Mar 18, 2021 Colorado

Zwickel Trickle from Missing Mountain Brewing. I really enjoy this hazy pale ale

10. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,317) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Morning!
    Forecast calls for upper 50s today. Sure isn't there yet.

[​IMG]

Zonker Stout
    Snake River Brewing
    A good one
    Cheers!

11. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Ballantine XXX Ale.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, this isn't their Pale Ale. Still, I liked it better than AAL's.

12. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm having an Iron Hill Philly Phavorite, a NEIPA clocking in at 6.7%. It's very fruity, lots of orange, papaya & mango. It has a really nice, smooth feeel to it. I rated it 4.06 a good chunk above its BA average of 3.82.

13. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,487) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

That's a dope glass!

14. Prager62

Prager62 Poo-Bah (2,365) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

This Greenbush Cabra Perdida tumbled out of the beer fridge in the garage when I opened it. It luckily didn't break so I'll take that as a sign to drink it. Creamy smooth with rich blueberry and warming bourbon. This and Delusion were my two favorites from them. Cheers......

15. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,775) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

[​IMG] made some homemade pretzels,and pretzel hotdogs with cape may tan limes beer. Trying to cheer up a dark and gloomy day here

16. Chickenhawk9932

Chickenhawk9932 Poo-Bah (1,794) Jul 19, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Society

Early day, off work, having a Gear Head
    [​IMG]

17. Resistance88

Resistance88 Devotee (456) Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

Finishing off the rest of yesterdays Rocky Mountain Barrel Aged Q.O.R.I.S the Quasher.
    Hoppin Frog makes some of my Favorite Russian Imperial Stouts. Wish qe had unlimited amounts on Commifornia :cry:

[​IMG]

18. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (8,114) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

Is the stuff along the frame on the TV etched on, or is it a sticker?

mickyge, Monkeyknife, Bigrock and 3 others like this.
  19. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Bitters are a favorite of mine, but I rarely see American ones. This is by Cushwa, who I really like, so had to try it!

20. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (631) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

La Trappe Nillis.
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

21. Chickenhawk9932

Society

Etched on.

22. Chickenhawk9932

Society

23. JamFuel

Moderator Society

Damn, bit of an eyesore. But I guess you don’t watch the frame! :grin:

24. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Collab between Fuerst Wiacek and Vitamin Sea.

Fuck, yeah, just pre-ordered the new album by my favorite Swedish death metal band!

25. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,062) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

$3.55 in jersey. I remember when it was $1.80.

ChicagoJ, hopsputin, mickyge and 4 others like this.
  26. Chickenhawk9932

Society

Miller Lite - I got to slow down the kids aren't off the bus yet
    [​IMG]

27. ZebulonXZogg

ZebulonXZogg Meyvn (1,069) May 5, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I decided to circumnavigate the puddle across the street, 15° and a fair breeze, I expected a 90 minute stroll but got it done in 75.
    [​IMG]
    Celebrating with this Alesmith Private Stock Ale rom 2016 I found in the local grocery store clearance cart for $3, shoulda bought both.
    [​IMG]

28. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,164) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Another manic Monday - no, not really - pretty low key actually - another nice sunny hike in the books, and post hike pounder PBR.....life is not going too badly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    starting the slow meltdown of all this snow - cannot recall when we have had snow on the ground this long in previous winters.....crazy

[​IMG]

keeping my ducks in a row

[​IMG]

29. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (2,005) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

30. Bigrock

Bigrock Initiate (167) Feb 4, 2013 Texas

31. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Poo-Bah (2,775) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Struggling with which I'm more impressed by. 75 minute stroll in 15 degrees or you found that beer for 3 bucks.
    Either way it sounds like a good day

32. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Poo-Bah (8,405) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Society

Airport beer - Sam Adams Wicked Hazy
    [​IMG]

33. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. Got 18 holes of disc golf in this morning. It was snowing when we started, but overall nice temperatures and great conditions for this time of year. I never thought I'd enjoy this sport as much as I do. Anyhow, getting into it w/ The Substance Ale from Bissell Brothers. It's always a good time. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

34. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Milestone beer. This is review/rating 4000 for me, so decided on a special beer. This is After Dark by Cloudwater, a stout mixed from young beer aged in port barrels and mature beer aged in cherry wine barrels, then given additions of cacao and chile de árbol. Cheers, everyone, here’s to the next 1000. @Snowcrash000

35. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (768) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Trader

Drinking Tröegs Nugget Nectar, not sure if it's just me, but the body seems lighter and less malty. I find it to be an easier drinker than what I've had in the past

[​IMG]

36. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,126) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Home now, all the rigging today has me tired .
    This now
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

37. Electricalhair

Electricalhair Initiate (128) Apr 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Stop it!! Adorable <3

38. Electricalhair

Electricalhair Initiate (128) Apr 9, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Trader

39. kalsarikannit

kalsarikannit Initiate (120) Aug 27, 2020 Massachusetts

Fiddlehead (Vermont) Second Fiddle, DIPA

An outstanding NEDIPA (or Imperial IPA if you prefer). One of the best, a great balance between juiciness and bitterness.

Appearance is hazy yellow, translucent, the color of straw. Light head that dissipates quickly, leaving light lace around the rim.

Smell is juicy. A nice balance promising grapefruit, stonefruit, some citrus, a little pineapple, maybe slight touch of pear. This is not a juice bomb like Widowmaker Blue Comet. The juicy nose is moderate.

Feel is slightly astringent, more DIPA than juicy NEIPA. No dank that my taste buds can tell.

Taste is a perfect balance of dry-hopped grapefruit juiciness but with mellow bitterness. This is definitely a dry hopped beer and a great one, but is not a juice bomb. Sometimes you're in the mood for a real, hit-you-over-the-head juice bomb that rocks you back on your heels with grapefruit and citrus, like Widowmaker Blue Comet (which is usually my personal preference). Second Fiddle isn't like that. This one is more of a thirst quencher rather than an intense juice experience.

It goes down more easily than the 8.2% ABV would have you believe. It's a great beer after a warm afternoon (or anytime, I'm enjoying one now in early February in cold New England after a day of working on the house).

40. arizcards

arizcards Poo-Bah (5,359) Jun 11, 2003 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Hey BA's, since i am heading over to community clubhouse to play poker in a few hours i thought i would keep it on the light side since i know more brews are coming my way. Been curious to see how well Yuengling incorporated the Hershey's into the porter base and i have to say they did a nice job. Glad i was able to try it this year since PHX does not receive distribution.
    Da Boss has been playing some blues on her Amazon and is currently listening to a nice rock meets blues collaboration.
    Cheers!
    Tom

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.