What beer are you drinking now? #3405

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AzfromOz, Feb 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzfromOz

AzfromOz Aspirant (268) Aug 22, 2020 Australia
    Trader

Happy Tuesday everyone!

The sun is setting on a brisk late summer's day here in Oz, with an unusually chilly but gentle breeze wafting through what remains of my giant, old my ornamental pear tree. It decided to split in half last night and smash into the kids' old playground equipment. Bad luck for the tree, bad luck for the playground equipment but good luck for the arborist I'll need to pay to remove everything...

Clearly beer is needed to remedy the situation, so I present to you Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA. This one was a little muted, with a caramel and marmalade profile that dominated, and little of the expected pine and citrus hop character shining through. An enjoyable brew nonetheless and thanks yet again to @TurkeysDrinkBeer for the awesome delivery!

Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Good evening Aussie mate, summer? Sounds about nice but not quite here yet in the Northern Hemisphere. Sunny and mild though, unusually mild for mid-February even.

Chimay Bleue, literally a world apart style wise from the IPA you’re currently sipping but I love both.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Another Round (Drunk) is an excellent Danish movie starring their local star, Mads Mikkelsen.

It’s not about drunken brawl only, more about the theory of a Danish psychiatrist that we have from birth not enough alcohol in our systems and we should make up for that during our lifetime. Interesting. Movie is best paired with a beer or any booze of your choice evidently:

3. AzfromOz

AzfromOz Aspirant (268) Aug 22, 2020 Australia
    Trader

G'day mate! Seems we're the only ones having a beer today. Everyone else must be drinking tea or coffee!

Cheers!

Nugganooch, mickyge, LarryV and 10 others like this.
  4. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,322) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Or KBS:

[​IMG]

Bottled 9/9/21. Poured at 54° straight out of my beer chiller. Delicious!

I’ve cut back on my early morning beer drinking (it’s 6:40 and still dark outside here on the East coast), as well as cut out coffee completely (usually with Bailey’s)…I also took a week off from all alcohol and actually shed a few pounds…Cheers and have a Terrific Tuesday on whatever continent from which you hail!

#4 DoctorZombies, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  5. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,826) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Or taking the time to savor and provide a full Cellaruary review for posterity. This beer is quite excellent, the best I've tried from FiftyFifty. Contemplating a flight to Reno the next time their Eclipse beers are released. They are that good.

FiftyFifty Eclipse Imperial Stout - Java Coffee (2016)

[​IMG]

Finishing the final half at this point, so enjoyable. This brewery truly makes great stouts.

Heard the first of two songs linked for the first time in ages at the grocery store yesterday. A smile instantly arose from my shopping zombie like demeanor. Hope you enjoy Two for Tuesday presented by the talented and gorgeous Tanita Tikaram, a breakout star at the same age as I, while I was slacking in year two of five at the local university.

6. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

FiftyFifty makes some great stouts…I bet that one is a banger - Cheers J!

mickyge, LarryV, Monkeyknife and 8 others like this.
  7. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,826) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

I've only had one beer from them before yesterday, the Basil Hayden Eclipse on draft in DC fresh back in 2018 (could have been 2017 vintage). Churchkey - where I primarily focused on cask pours, but this was recommended by the bartender based on my love for bourbon, and I was really glad I took the plunge.

Bought five bottles for a sawbuck each at the start of COVID from a local bar/brewery trying to clear their cellar. And now, I am following suit. Goal is to enjoy the remaining three Eclipse bottles left the rest of the week, if I can survive. Have extra walking planned to burn off the significant calories, well at least until the potential 6-10 inches comes down overnight Thursday (That's what she said).

Have 3 ounces left, going to make round 2 of 5.

superspak, larryi86, mickyge and 21 others like this.
  8. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Howdy BAs - one eye open still as I sip between real coffee and NA Choco beer from UA.
    Pre-run, so trying to stay functional for the rest of the work day.
    Cheers... make it a good one, and make it count.

[​IMG]

9. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Well, at this time, I'm sharing a draught with Morpheus. But I'll be back when conscious and approaching comfortably numb.

mickyge, LarryV, Monkeyknife and 9 others like this.
  10. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Thanks @AzfromOz for starting today's thread. I'm now past awake and working on a background buzz to deaden the morning's reality - a beautiful sunny morning at 7 degrees F. Today's first beer, the New Breakfast Beer, is:

[​IMG]

Pleasing Impy stout, with some great isoamyl acetate and vanillyn flavors and aromas - not very extreme by my standards but still tasty and aromatic - rating 4.1, rDev +5.4%.

11. Peach63

Peach63 Meyvn (1,206) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Thanks for kicking it off @AzfromOz . Sounds like you know how to deal with stress! :+1:

Drinking Ellicottville Foggy IPA.

[​IMG]

superspak, larryi86, mickyge and 32 others like this.
  12. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,803) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Beautiful sunny morning, high today will be 67, I'm having a . . . wait for it . . . Bells Two Hearted Ale.

13. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,409) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Wait, what?

14. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,798) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

The grocery stores down in Mississippi have run out of Bud….?

15. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Defender (632) Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Practise what you preach. Collab from La Trappe and Brewdog. Quadruple brewed with American hops and Scottish heather honey.
    I was expecting this to be honey-sweet, but the sweetness is balanced out in a good way. Even a nice bitter aftertaste. Wish I had bought more of this some time ago. At least this one is bomber sized :slight_smile:
    Cheers!
    [​IMG]

16. Prager62

Prager62 Poo-Bah (2,365) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Goose Island Proprietor's Bourbon County 2013. Stout with coconut added and aged in rye whiskey barrels. A dusty at nearly 9 years old I was thinking would be a spoiled mess! It's actually quite smooth and very drinkable. Off to the Celluary thread for a more in depth analysis. :joy:

40ontarget, micada, ChicagoJ and 34 others like this.
  17. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

At the pub having a post PT beer - “Ottekolong Kölsch” from Freigeist, on tap:

[​IMG]

A very good Kölsch! Just what the Dr. ordered after another round of shoulder exercises. Cheers y’all!

18. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Poo-Bah (1,982) Nov 18, 2013 Texas
    Society

19. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,547) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

...I like FiftyFifty stouts...got a 2014 one aged in 4 Roses barrels I'll crack open sometime this month...

40ontarget, ChicagoJ, mickyge and 7 others like this.
  20. tolar111

tolar111 Crusader (769) Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Trader

Drinking Trappistes Rochefort 8. This is my first go round with this ale, quite good.

[​IMG]

21. DoctorZombies

Society Trader

Back home, starting some laundry and drinking a new to me beer - Fremont’s Head Full of Dynomite, a Hazy IPA v.34 with Citra, Mosaic, Strata and Sorachi Ace hops:

[​IMG]

Hazy deep gold body; tight white head; good cap retention; bands of lace from first drink to last. Citrus nose with a whiff of skunky. Taste is bitter lemon and semi sweet pineapple; firm malt base - not sweet at all. Medium body, moderate minus carbonation; dusty feel/tongue coating; no hop astringency. Overall, I like; long bitter lemon rind linger; not full or fluffy; a WC take on a hazy; I’d gladly drink again. A Tavour purchase.

4.5 | 4.0 | 4.25 | 4.0 | 4.0
    Score: 4.13 rDev: +9%

#21 DoctorZombies, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    superspak, ChicagoJ, TCgenny and 36 others like this.
  22. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,318) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Been doing chores out in the yard. Time for lunch and beer.

[​IMG]

23. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,299) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm splitting a Founders Breakfast Stout with Wifey. This is a great beer and it is EXACTLY what Wifey likes in a beer.

superspak, ChicagoJ, TCgenny and 30 others like this.
  24. BlameHouston

BlameHouston Aspirant (224) Aug 21, 2020 California

anniversary 6 year
    hazy dipa 8% 01/25/22
    $14 4pack via windsor costa mesa
    madewest :slight_smile:

superspak, ChicagoJ, TCgenny and 27 others like this.
  25. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,127) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

The universe order is now in question
    Cheers

26. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,127) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Home now enjoying a fresh Hopslam.
    Cheers all

27. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Poo-Bah (1,533) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

Sounds like a good idea @SABERG !

[​IMG]

Watching Nightmare on Elm 2.
    [​IMG]

Cheers.

superspak, ChicagoJ, TCgenny and 35 others like this.
  28. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (3,862) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Moderator Society Trader

Have a nice run! I actually changed my mind after some improvement and will be running the 100-mile race on Friday. No beer for me until Saturday, but I will be enjoying at least a few this weekend...

29. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (3,862) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Moderator Society Trader

Glad this one impressed. I have one to open soon!

30. BlameHouston

BlameHouston Aspirant (224) Aug 21, 2020 California

31. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,538) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. Green is my absolute favorites series from Tree House. This is such a good beer. Damn. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

32. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Defender (677) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Allagash Barrel + Bean barrel aged tripel on coffee beans

33. arizcards

arizcards Poo-Bah (5,362) Jun 11, 2003 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Good to be here again at the WBAYDN bar! Nice sunny 50ish day here in Western NC.
    Today's first choice is the first of the Wicked Weed Guilty Pleasures four-pack. Very nice taste and surprisingly balanced and not cloying. Definitely fun to try the brewer-artists innovations like this!
    Listening to SiriusXM's First Wave today which is comprised of songs that were considered alternative in the 80's.
    Cheers!
    Tom

[​IMG]

34. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,063) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Bells two hearted is so classically good that literally every time I drink it I end up in the hospital for palpitations or dehydration. It’s happened 3 separate occasions because I don’t learn. If you see me with a two hearted, one can assume the night, or day will not end well :sunglasses:

TCgenny, jvgoor3786, mickyge and 12 others like this.
  35. arizcards

arizcards Poo-Bah (5,362) Jun 11, 2003 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Moving onto round two today the pick is a barrel-aged coffee vanilla stout from Funky Buddha that i picked up on our visit to South FLA a few months ago. Definitely not a virgin bourbon barrel but the barrel does provide balance and the vanilla and coffee play well together. Nicely done.
    Still listening to SXM's 1st Wave and they apparently go back to the 70's. Have not heard this classic in a while.
    Cheers!
    Tom

[​IMG]

36. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,783) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Gotta love vacation in Florida when you’re from Pennsylvania

[​IMG]

37. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (3,523) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Society Trader

A beautiful, sunny Tuesday in the low 60s here. I could get used to this!

King Sue ~ Toppling Goliath
    [​IMG]

King Khan and the Shrines ~ Que Lindo Sueno

38. Jack_14

Jack_14 Devotee (413) Nov 2, 2019 Italy
    Trader

Good evening guys,
    ahead of PSG-Real Madrid, after a long day of work, with a
    Opiggards Brygheri (SWE) - JACK - American Pale Ale (5,7%)
    I really appreciate the way of making Ipa of this brewery, never banal.
    This one in particular, is the first time that I drink it and I return to it the usual characteristics that made me appreciate the others: body not "fat", dry and with a bitterness of the right intensity.
    The hops used (amarillo, citra, talus och and equanot) give a citrus taste with nuances that tend to tropical, before a dry finish and not an exaggerated bitterness, but which in any case remains on the tongue even a little after drinking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm back to enjoy this stellar match,
    Sláinte !
    Cheers !

39. eppCOS

eppCOS Poo-Bah (2,006) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Oh, that's great for you if the knee is better off than you thought. Best of luck, man, and go get that new century mark! "See you" when we see you... and cheers!

40ontarget, mickyge, beergoot and 6 others like this.
  40. Vitacca

Vitacca Champion (829) Sep 15, 2010 Montana
    Society Trader

Spending today unpacking from a long weekend and cleaning up the crib. #SaYzOnS and Trainwreck Haze seem like a perfect pairing. Cheers BA. #SaYzOnLyFe. This is Casey Chardonnay grape Fruit Stand and it’s delish!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.