What beer are you drinking now? #3425

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ChicagoJ, Mar 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Poo-Bah (1,825) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Perhaps pulling this last Bell's Christmas Ale from my refrigerator has impacted the weather in Chicago. We went from shorts weather on Saturday to this.

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Prager62, laketang, riverlen and 47 others like this.
  2. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (7,097) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, BAs - or at least, @ChicagoJ ! :wink: I think I'll join you.

[​IMG]
    Town Brewery Future Birds IPA

Thanks, @Coronaeus !

Reef, jkblr, ovaltine and 36 others like this.
  3. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,913) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs and thanks to @ChicagoJ for starting today's thread! Maybe if you had left that beer in the reefer, you wouldn't have gotten the snow! But thanks, anyway, for keeping it at your house - we've got 40 degrees and rain here on the sub-Arctic tundra of NW PA so basically a typical Spring day.
    Today's New Breakfast Beer:

[​IMG]

"A collaboration with the band Shakey Graves benefitting the Central Texas Food Bank. Made with the house blend from an interplanetary coffee shop in Austin, TX."

While rating this 3.82 with an rDev +4.7, this is still a bitter disappointment. (That's a pun - see the review.)

wadamslll, Reef, jkblr and 39 others like this.
  4. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Poo-Bah (1,892) Apr 21, 2014 Canada (ON)
    Society Trader

Cheers. I quite liked this one.

Blogjackets, LarryV, mickyge and 6 others like this.
  5. budsNpils

budsNpils Aspirant (213) Aug 6, 2021 Texas
    Trader

Decided to have a breakfast beer today. Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

puck1225, wadamslll, Reef and 38 others like this.
  6. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Going with Helliwell's Historical Old Ale (also courtesy of @Coronaeus ):

[​IMG]

Cheers!

SFACRKnight, wadamslll, Reef and 35 others like this.
  7. BB1313

BB1313 Poo-Bah (4,684) Jul 16, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Boulevard - Barrel-aged Imperial Stout & Barleywine Ale.. cheers!

8. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,164) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Hey Monday drinkers.....man, lots of rain here; got some water leaking into my basement, which sucks! Went from sunny and 70's over the weekend to this crappy rainy weather today - oh well....I think Emma will enjoy a little break from the 5-6 miles of walking we have been doing almost daily!

[​IMG]

the little girl is tired today

[​IMG]

9. rudiecantfail

rudiecantfail Meyvn (1,298) Aug 9, 2011 Pennsylvania

It's 75 degrees in the Philly burbs. Thank you Mother Nature, I don't even want to know what my heating oil is going to cost right now. I'm enjoying a Sloop Brewing (NO) Green Beer, a 6% NEIPA. It's a juice bomb. Pleny of fruit...Mango, peach, orange & key lime are all noticeable. I rated it 4.26.

Prager62, SFACRKnight, Reef and 25 others like this.
  10. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Poo-Bah (2,409) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

Unseasonably warm weather here and time for a quick beer on the balcony. Drinking some Aslin Old Town American Lager after a workout.

SFACRKnight, Reef, ovaltine and 26 others like this.
  11. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

It's an amazing day outside - more like Summer around here, certainly not like late Winter. I wish I could enjoy it, but I'll continue my self-paced recovery. Which is going deliciously. :wink:

[​IMG]
    Lawson's Triple Sunshine

Cheers!

SFACRKnight, Reef, jkblr and 31 others like this.
  12. RobertB412

RobertB412 Aspirant (243) Sep 4, 2020 Pennsylvania
    Society

Good Monday BAs! Cloudy and rainy today, so time for a beer:

[​IMG]

Penn Brewing Kaiser Pils. Very good, could drink it all day.
    Cheers!

laketang, SFACRKnight, Reef and 35 others like this.
  13. RobertB412

RobertB412 Aspirant (243) Sep 4, 2020 Pennsylvania
    Society

That's good self-pacing right there!

14. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,803) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Lunch time and Bud time, what a marvelous combination.

laketang, puck1225, Reef and 29 others like this.
  15. tekstr1der

tekstr1der Meyvn (1,484) Nov 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

Canned 2022-02-22. Superb!

[​IMG]

SFACRKnight, Reef, jkblr and 32 others like this.
  16. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (3,536) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good afternoon, advocates. Today is glorious. Temperatures in the 70's; got a round of disc golf in this morning; doing laundry; drinking some Root + Branch, Life and Fate VIII. This is freaking stellar. Tier 1 NEIPA grouping all day. Cheers!!!
    [​IMG]

Prager62, SFACRKnight, Reef and 32 others like this.
  17. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Ghost in the Laboratory, a collab from Equilibrium & Parish. Two of my favorite NEIPA brewers. F*cking tits, this one. Damn. Peace...
    [​IMG]

laketang, SFACRKnight, Reef and 33 others like this.
  18. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Meyvn (1,230) Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

How do Advocates?! Thanks @ChicagoJ for kicking this thread thru the uprights today. I just hopped of the treadmill after a quick 5 miles and decided to rid my fridge of this "meh" tasting brew. 21st Amendment BFOD Tropical IPA. Not bad enuf to dump but after a workout I can quaff it quickly without givin' a rat's patootie. Looking frwd to the next brew already! :joy: Looks like Postimages is back up & running so that's progress. Cheers! Beers!!
    [​IMG]

Here's the pic I was trying to load last night when Pi failed. Don't see too many coupons for pints these days but I got one! Lake Monster. Now I'm rqr'd to go! Sweet!
    [​IMG]

laketang, SFACRKnight, Reef and 31 others like this.
  19. HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts

HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts Initiate (97) Dec 25, 2015 Arizona

20. tekstr1der

tekstr1der Meyvn (1,484) Nov 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Society

It's a rainy, warm day here and I'm trying not to think of the implications on upcoming trails’ conditions. I've got some serious work cut out for me next 11 days to wrap up single-season 48.

Woke up hankering for this classic stuff and found at my local supermarket fresh of all places. Is it as good as I remember? Yes. I'm a sucker for that piney-malty balance that reminds me of why I started loving IPA back in the 90s.

[​IMG]

I don't usually appear too serious about my mountain adventures, but this sign is no joke. Much like the raw power of the ocean must be heeded, this area's weather also commands the utmost respect and diligence.

[​IMG]

My most recent hike on Saturday of the northern Presidentials was amazing for many reasons too long to list, but on my mind always - and especially that day - was Kate Matrosova. I did not anticipate the Star Lake route to be broken out - and it wasn't - but some crazy SOB stamped it so I scouted it out and followed in their "footsteps" as best I could track them on the steep, rock-strewn terrain. I assume they also summitted Adams but lost any trace of their passage near the summit.

[​IMG]

It was in this spot where her body was found. And while I was having the time of my alpine mountaineering life, I was fully cognizant that this was where she perished. I have my own opinions, read the many essays and articles since, and own the excellent book written by one of the recovery team members. Very sad situation that impacted me greatly even after a lifetime in these mountains and several years on the hills as an occupation.

Here’s a short clip from SAR operation next day:

SFACRKnight, puck1225, Reef and 32 others like this.
  21. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (8,541) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Anchorage Brewing Co. -- Wendigo
    Double oaked black barleywine
    ABV: 15.5%; pouring temperature: 48 °F; bottling data: Batch #2

[​IMG]

4.42/5 rDev -0.5%
    look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Coal black body; opaque; light tan head, thin yet lasting, spongy. Roasted grain scent with a slight note of whiskey; oak. Rich taste; milk chocolate and cocoa; vanilla; bourbon. Heavy, sludgy mouthfeel; rich residual sugar sensation; moderately heavy alcohol heat.

Another wonderfully crafted heavy ale from Anchorage Brewing Co. Rich depths and intriguing complexities swirl and blend on the palate. It's a big beer yet balanced for what it is.

22. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,320) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BAs! A post PT lunch beer at home - Lawson’s “Hopzilla” courtesy of @Ocalafox:

[​IMG]

Tasty bitter grapefruit pith. Light and easy drinking DIPA. Delish!

Today is my 18th wedding anniversary with Mrs. Z…seems just like yesterday. Tonight we’ll go downtown for some dinner. Cheers y’all and have a memorable Monday!

laketang, SFACRKnight, Reef and 32 others like this.
  23. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Poo-Bah (2,317) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

Good afternoon on a cold and very windy Wyoming day.

Windy enough to blow the head of my beer right off.

[​IMG]

Have a good one Advocates.... :beers:

24. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (8,114) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Howdy, Virtual bar peeps. Enjoying a buttery pilsner by Cushwa.

Prager62, SFACRKnight, Reef and 28 others like this.
  25. LesDewitt4beer

Society

Last of these puppies as well. 21st Amendment Down To Earth Session IPA. It's very fruity and lovely tasting. Sunny & 29F here. A bit of edge melting going on. Last summer was drought-like so I'm alright with more moisture. Cheers Advocates!
    [​IMG]

26. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Poo-Bah (4,019) Sep 11, 2010 Maine
    Society

27. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Poo-Bah (1,811) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society Trader

Happy anniversary Doc and Ms. "L"!!!

ChicagoJ, TCgenny, LarryV and 6 others like this.
  28. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Meyvn (1,164) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Temps are dropping and winds very gusty - Emma and I got in a short hike before the rains started back up again.....

Thankfully the weather forecast improves over the next few days....

[​IMG]

we had to turn around here on our hike earlier - did not bring any fishing waders - Tuscarawas river way up over its banks....

[​IMG]

29. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

This is Lana, an open top fermented saison by local brewery Vilda. They’re getting some hype, and I can see why.

30. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

All my chores are done for the day, advocates. Haha. Imagine a grown man being worried about chores. Hey, we all have a to-do list. Now getting into some Experiment and Enlightenment, a collab between Equilibrium and Electric Brewing. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

31. ZebulonXZogg

ZebulonXZogg Meyvn (1,069) May 5, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

.....70° on Saturday, put the top down for a couple hours and lotsa R&R for a couple of hours., watched the lake melt Saturday and Sunday and shoveled snow this am B4 visiting the Doc this am. Turns out I'm legally deaf in my right ear, and can't hear oughta my left ear. (Who'da thunk it). To that I say, thanks Mr. Springsteen, Hiatt, Seger, Young, and Madams Etheridge, Crowe and whoever else flooded my ears with tunes for the last 60+ years. Cochlear implants, hear I come.
    That being said, enjoying a IIIPA from a local.......
    [​IMG]
    ........it was nice to see Mr. Wilson and his lovely bride Wilma return for their annual visit to Griswold Lake.....
    [​IMG]
    ......so..enjoy what's in yer glass and fills yer ears......just keep the db's below....what's tolerable.....

SFACRKnight, Reef, jkblr and 26 others like this.
  32. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Poo-Bah (2,005) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

33. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Defender (640) Nov 16, 2007 New York

I have a feeling that this stuff is gonna get me in trouble today.........
    [​IMG]

34. arizcards

arizcards Poo-Bah (5,359) Jun 11, 2003 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA's! Temps have been hovering in the low to mid 60's all day with lots of wind. Expecting some rain in the next few hours and some tomorrow as well.
    Back into the Costco Advent pack. This one is supposed to be a hefe but just am only getting a glimmer of the phenolics i would expect from the style. Still not bad.
    Da Boss is listening to classic rock and am hearing some Tom Petty solo work. Went to the local Playhouse Saturday and watched a performance of TP's work by the local players...they actually did a pretty good job!
    Cheers,
    Tom

[​IMG]

35. LesDewitt4beer

Society

All good in the hood. Lake Monster Empty Rowboat IPA. Another hit from the mix 12pk. Wow! Very much a West Coast style ale and superb! Cheers!
    [​IMG]

36. JamFuel

Moderator Society

[​IMG]

Spyglass has never disappointed me. Well, the seven beers I’ve tried so far haven’t!

On an old school hardcore trip tonight.

37. TheIPAHunter

Society Trader

Cheap Pop from Fiden's. These guys are definitely tier 1, and this is brewed w/ Nelson Sauvin. Say no more, Hunter. Say no more. Peace...
    [​IMG]

SFACRKnight, Prager62, Reef and 27 others like this.
  38. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,977) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Drinking Sip of Sunshine before the Shit hits the fan!

[​IMG]

Cheers!

39. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,126) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Happy Anniversary to you both!!
    Cheers

40. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (5,977) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Society

Happy Anniversary!

Thread Status: