What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #3586

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Ozzylizard, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good day BAs! Looks like another cool day here on the tundra of NW PA - there's definitely a chill in the air!
    Today's New Breakfast Beer is from a brewery that's been hit-or-miss for my taste buds:

Chocolate Volcano from Heavy Seas Beer. Purchased from Franklin Beer Company, Franklin, PA, 27/07/22 for $ 12 (Including tax)/six-pack of 12 oz bottles ($ 0.167/oz). On room-temperature shelf at store and stored at 37 degrees at home. Reviewed 15/08/22. Note that I use DD/MM/YY protocol.
    Stamped “BEST BY SEP0822” on the rear label. Served at 55.2 degrees in a hand washed and dried Jester King Snifter. Final temperature 59.7 degrees.
    Appearance – 3.
    First pour – Amber Brown (SRM 18), barely translucent.
    Body – Brown (SRM 20), opaque. Under direct light, extremely tiny bubbles are coating the glass. When rear-lite, some light penetrates at the edge.
    Head – Small (Maximum 1.3 cm, aggressive center pour), tan, high density, short retention, receding to a ring of tiny bubbles constantly being renewed by effervescence (No crown per se) and an anemic small island acting as a cap.
    Lacing – None.
    Aroma – 3.25 – Roasted malt and chocolate. No hops, no yeast.
    Flavor – 3.25 – Minor amount of roasted chocolate malt and a touch of coffee, no hops, no yeast. Slightly bitter (Think coffee). No ethanol (9 % ABV as marked on label) aroma or taste. Extremely weak lower gastric warming. No dimethylsulfide or diacetyl.
    Palate – 3.25 – Medium, slightly thicker than water, lively caressing carbonation.
    Final impression and summation: 3.25 Basically a weaky flavored stout porter; certainly not the expected “dessert” stout. Flavors are flaccid and the ethanol is barely noticeable. The price point, however, is exactly on … point.
    Rating 3.24, rDev -14.5%

Oops - sorry - the review posted rather than the photo - try again!

[​IMG]

Looks like we may be heading to Grand Rapids for a quilt show and some interesting food at Brewery Vivant later this week.

2. Shanex

Shanex Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Good day @Ozzylizard!

Drinking what I found in the back of the refrigerator as I wrongly assumed the last one of those Croatian lager I was drinking last week was indeed the last. So here’s one more.

Conclusion as far as I’m concerned: counting to 4 is too much to ask me (that was a four pack) and also the chores I did Saturday didn’t help finding it either. :rolling_eyes:

[​IMG]

Ziveli!

3. tolar111

tolar111 Aug 17, 2008 New York
    Society Trader

Drinking SN Torpedo. This batch is slightly more than 2 months old, and it's drinking fine. No beers were skunked in this photo shoot

[​IMG]

4. belvedere86

belvedere86 Apr 1, 2013 Belgium
    Trader

Lower temperatures but the humidity makes it almost feel the same. Longing for autumn!

Only 1 German beer left after this one.

[​IMG]

5. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Good afternoon/morning BAs! Back in Winchester, site seeing and shopping with Mrs. Z this cloudy afternoon. I ducked into my favorite beer bar for a couple of new brews. First up, Brew By Numbers’ “05 IPA Motueka and Nelson Sauvin”:

[​IMG]

I’m a fan boy of BBNo, but this is one ugly ipa. Hop burn on tip of tongue. Ok nose/taste - semi sweet malt base, green melon and white grape must. Earthy. One and done…

Gotta run and catch up with Mrs. Z before she goes crazy in the stores…Cheers from Winchester UK and have a great Monday y’all!

6. belvedere86

Trader

Chouffe soleil while watching the set Arch Enemy played yesterday at Alcatraz which is like 15min from my place. But since I hate crowded places and no one likes metal this should also do. :slight_smile: Cheers

[​IMG]

puck1225, micada, SWChi and 37 others like this.
  7. Roguer

Roguer Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Morning, BAs!

[​IMG]

8. Beer-Panda

Beer-Panda Mar 27, 2016 Netherlands

Belgian Halcyon. Imperial IPA with Belgian yeast from Thornbridge (UK).
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

Belgian tunes

puck1225, micada, SWChi and 36 others like this.
  9. eppCOS

eppCOS Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

NA UA Italian Pils.
    I'll report back if it's harder taking a week off real beer, or running 100 miles, after this weekend.
    But feelin' good at least, no real nagging injuries. A little brisk walk this morning to fight off the jitters and the infamous "taper tantrums."

Fingers crossed.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

10. deanzaZZR

deanzaZZR Jan 8, 2015 California

It's another new beer day. Today I have the pleasure of tasting Brooklyn Lager for the first time! The complication is that I am in Japan. This Brooklyn Lager is made by Kirin in Japan. There's a bit of caramel malt and quite an aggressive spicy hop character. It packs a lot more flavor than Kirin and the rest of the Japanese industrial beer brood. I'll give it a solid B+.

As it warms up a bit it gets a bit sweet and cloying. Gonna bump it down to a B grade.

[​IMG]

#10 deanzaZZR, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  11. Urk1127

Urk1127 Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    A golden ale of sorts. Brewed to compete with beers like PBR. It's good but PBR is PBR

Band practice later. Show coming in 3 weeks. Doing a cover of this on that day.

micada, SWChi, larryi86 and 33 others like this.
  12. belvedere86

Trader

I would only have one beer today... :rolling_eyes:

[​IMG]

13. Giantspace

Giantspace Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Thanks for the review. I was gifted a six pack of this beer recently and it’s just sitting waiting for someone to drink it. Might just sit there for a while now.

Enjoy

micada, mickyge, DrOfGolf and 7 others like this.
  14. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Happy Monday BA's

Busy day already - had a guy come to quote 7 new basement (glass block) windows, walked Emma before that - and boat work since around 10 am.....having this with lunch

[​IMG]

beautiful sunrise this am over the lake here

[​IMG]

15. cmiller4642

cmiller4642 Aug 17, 2013 West Virginia

Sometimes you just want an ice cold Miller in the can. I buy them by the 12 pack once in a while.

[​IMG]

16. LesDewitt4beer

LesDewitt4beer Jan 25, 2021 Minnesota
    Society

Hello Advocates. Thanks @Ozzylizard for todays thread. Enjoy the quilt show. Both of my grandmas were quilters. Ella, my mom's mom, made some in the 1930's that should be in a museum as folk art. They were very resourceful then. Anyways, still more yard work here on my end today so starting with this Humble Forager Foggy Footpath ddh double IPA. It's settin' the pace for today's work: m e l l o w.
    Keep on smilin' & Cheers!! :beers:
    [​IMG]

puck1225, micada, SWChi and 33 others like this.
  17. jkblr

jkblr Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Good afternoon BA
    Just moved my daughter into her dorm. Right up the road in Mills River at Burning Blush Brewing now drinking a very good Czech pils.
    [​IMG]
    Cheers all!

18. budsNpils

budsNpils Aug 6, 2021 Texas
    Society Trader

Enjoying a tasty pils.

Cheers y'all!

Side Pull Czech style pils - Fair State / Bierstadt
    [​IMG]

micada, SWChi, larryi86 and 33 others like this.
  19. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Society

A little cooler today with a nice breeze, so I'm cutting and trimming the grass.
    This Goose Island beer is perfect for today's chores.

[​IMG]

Have a great day Advocates.

20. LesDewitt4beer

Society

Things are a bit stiff these days are they not? In fact, some days are like a paper cut. Pain relief comes in the form of Schell's Lake Escape Kolsch. They've done a marvelous job with this one. Prost!
    [​IMG]

21. Resistance88

Resistance88 Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

Started morning off at the gym
    All barbell ...squats,shoulder presses and ended with deadlifts
    Now at the beach
    Road beer...a very very very delicious BA Scotch Ale
    Hoppin Frog Outta Kilter for a road/walking beer heading here.... thank you @Blogjackets ! This one was god damned great
    [​IMG]
    And after lathering my sexy bod in Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil a sixer gift from my buddy at Stone Pasadena for the sand
    Buenaveza. Viva Mexico Cabrones
    [​IMG]

22. Shanex

Shanex Dec 10, 2015 France
    Society Trader

Leffe Blonde just before dusk… and a movie:

[​IMG]

Another drawing though it’s been some weeks since I haven’t shared anything… from this early evening:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

23. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Mar 29, 2011 Ohio

24. ZebulonXZogg

ZebulonXZogg May 5, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

65° this am, having a tasty "breakfast" stout to start the day, strong coffee aroma and taste, a bit of maple rears it head also, pretty damn good beer.....
    [​IMG]

25. JZH1000

JZH1000 Nov 7, 2021 Colorado

Went out for lunch between a couple appointments and ended up at frolic brewing. Decent beers and right on style too here's a vienna lager
    [​IMG]

micada, SWChi, larryi86 and 30 others like this.
  26. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Jack's Abbey Copper Legend festbier

27. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Tropical wheat,happy Monday everyone [​IMG]

Beer-Panda, micada, SWChi and 29 others like this.
  28. Resistance88

Resistance88 Apr 9, 2015 California
    Trader

This is delicious at the beach
    Bitburger/Deschutes Dry Hop'd Zwickl

[​IMG]

29. JZH1000

JZH1000 Nov 7, 2021 Colorado

A couple more at the brewpub before I get outta here

Frolic Hefeweizen
    [​IMG]

And the Frolic Amber
    [​IMG]

30. LesDewitt4beer

Society

Scooby Dooby Brew! where are you? Cheers!
    [​IMG]

#32 LesDewitt4beer, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    Beer-Panda, micada, SWChi and 29 others like this.
  31. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Tree House - Bear With A Hint Of Coffee (Brown Ale)

32. HoppingMadMonk

Society Trader

33. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

34. beergoot

beergoot Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

Lumberbeard Brewing -- Lake Beer
    Pilsner
    ABV: 5.0%; pouring temperature: 42 °F; canning info: n/a

[​IMG]

...a long, tiring morning and day so far...Mrs. BeerGoot and I were thinking we might have to put Rocket the Wonder Dog down as he's been a wreck since Friday night. We stayed up with him all this morning since about 12:30 am. We did get him to the vet at 9 am, though...the short version is that he does have cancer and Cushing's disease (which we already knew about), but his medication for Cushing's was way over what was needed and his extremely low hormone markers were now pushing him towards Addison's disease, too...he's spending the afternoon at the vet's get re-hydrated with electrolytes plus some other medication for his nausea. We expect to have him around for a few more months at least (he turned 14 last month), but his blood and hormones are so whacked out with things, who knows...we pick him up in about four hours, but until then, I will self-medicate with one beer with more to follow once we're all home for the evening...

Beer-Panda, micada, SWChi and 30 others like this.
  35. HoppingMadMonk

Society Trader

Another blue hen pilsner[​IMG]

36. rpbuckeye

rpbuckeye Mar 29, 2011 Ohio

Inside the Five Strollin' Hippo IPA
    [​IMG]

37. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Society

Didn’t make it up to Water Street in Henderson last trip, so wanted to rectify ASAP which means I’m currently in route.

First want to acknowledge a great BA, one of several who makes WBAYDN a special place. Hope you had an awesome 60th yesterday Larry @tasterschoice62 !!!

Also want to says Happy Birthday to my Great Grandfather Andrew would have turned 125 today. He came to America from Russia with his Polish bride when he was young, my first relatives who immigrated from the old country over a century before. I was only four when he passed, and my two young brothers were just born and three years from being born, but I’ll never forget him.

Celebrating this day, and also all those great family members, both here and departed, who have helped us become the people we are today. Be back soon with my first Vegas beer of the afternoon.

micada, SWChi, larryi86 and 24 others like this.
  38. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Humbled...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.