What Beer Are You Drinking Now? #3690

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Nov 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micada

micada Meyvn (1,443) Jul 13, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Interesting. Yeah, I didn’t even buy any ‘22s (yet?) because I was thinking that the base, while always excellent, is never really noticeably different year over year. With that, I spent my beer dollars on some other things, and am waiting for the beer store to get the Imprint version of BBA Written In The Stars in their system for sale. I assume no limits, so if that’s the case, I will buy many.

2. micada

Society Trader

Note to self: do not let wife see someone with Christmas tree up.

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 6 others like this.
  3. muchloveforhops3

muchloveforhops3 Poo-Bah (2,224) Apr 5, 2009 Montana
    Society

4. micada

Society Trader

@tasterschoice62 Cuz I’m wasted and I (can) find my way home (because I’m already here).

Boulevard Rye on Rye. Probably not the best final beer after all the coffee stouts. Murkier than I recall previous versions. A bit more spicy rye and an over-ripe melon vibe. Well, that’s the week it’s been. LOL!

[​IMG]

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 13 others like this.
  5. miwestcoaster

miwestcoaster Poo-Bah (2,080) Jan 19, 2013 Michigan
    Society

SA Old Fezzewig. Cheers!

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 12 others like this.
  6. miwestcoaster

Society

Or the neighbors with their outside lights on. Says guy who put up lights in the dark to keep up. :stuck_out_tongue::beers:

7. muchloveforhops3

Society

Welcome back, @Btip1969! Solid choice with the Sticky Hands- Really miss having access to Block 15 stuff. Cheers :beers:

8. miwestcoaster

Society

9. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (2,394) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Someone? It's past Thanksgiving. You're already late! Everyone's doing it now.

10. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (25,484) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Happy Sunday. Amazing holiday family week. I finally made it home after meeting with her parents and brother who was in town. We went to Cafe Elena in Columbus for 2 hours for brunch. A bit of rain and traffic from Cleveland in the morning, but we made it around 1230. I would say for a first real life discussion face to face it went amazing. Talked about my career and goals etc. Books and travelling. So it looks like I will be able to be a dotted line on her side of the tree. Visiting their house on xmas eve. On the way back to my sisters house. My nephew better not disease it up again :stuck_out_tongue::confused: her parents are older generation so likewise had some reservations about my "self medication" route(aside from where I USED to be, yet to be discussed alas), but I told her mom that equal understanding of anxiety/mental empathy between us, and related difficulties is how we made it this far. I could see from her reaction to that statement I got the point engrained. :sunglasses: :clap:

I got a Spanish Frittata skillet and burned the roof of my mouth. it was outstanding with potatoes and ham cubes. Candied bacon was amazing too. Chewier texture and the balance of sweet/salty was spot on as well. Just brown sugar. Cwispy.
    [​IMG]

Got burger king when we got home at 10PM. I got a triple whopper and forgot to ask for cheese so just did the deluxe singles slices at home and it was killer. Burger king just has a unique taste that I always have nostalgia for I guess. Even if it is a mess of wet sauce and vegetables on top :grin: My appetite sucked with a cold for 4-5 days so I finally feel satisfied after that drive. We listened The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman and it was amazing all around. Will read the rest of the series for sure. The book was narrated by the author and was directed with a whole crew of voices 5/5 stars.
    [​IMG]

NBS BIF#16 started from @Ozzylizard . 5 Stones Shepard Boy. Lightly hazy/cloudy golden appearance. Great head retention and spotty soapy lacing on the glass. Aromas are big and juicy with normal Citra notes of tangerine, grapefruit, passion fruit, berries, pine, cracker malt, herbal/floral/grassy hops. A bit of yeast ester earthiness. Very vibrant, juicy, and dank nose. Taste follows with big grapefruit, orange peel/rind, passion fruit, wood, mint, berries, peppercorn, pine, cracker, bread, herbal, floral, grass, and yeast earthiness. Large sized pine/woody/rind bitter finish. Medium carb and body. Balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky/resinous/oily hops on the finish. A bit crisp on lingering resins with mild hop astringency. Good level of aggressiveness for a pale ale. Advertises citra hops as DDH, but the palate character does show a strong feel of Columbus hops mostly as well. Taste leans more toward earthy pine and woody resins. Certainly smells fresh to me. A very west coast style hazy. If you like them that way. Always love classic C hops as well. 4.22
    [​IMG]

Cheers

11. miwestcoaster

Society

Perrin Black Ale. Watching Iowa State getting beat by UCONN in round ball. Cheers!

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 9 others like this.
  12. micada

Society Trader

:thinking_face: I was afraid that might be the case.

13. muchloveforhops3

Society

The funny thing is that I've only been able to to find Jubel by the case around here. No sixers, 12-packs, or singles to be had. As long as I'm able to find it in some capacity though, I'm not complaining :smile:

14. muchloveforhops3

Society

Capping things off with an All Ways down..

[​IMG]

Cheers, LNBAs!

15. Nugganooch

Nugganooch Poo-Bah (2,440) Jan 13, 2011 California
    Society Trader

16. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (12,572) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

They will all burn in Hell, it's not December

17. russpowell

Society Trader

See below

18. russpowell

Society Trader

Back from the concert, stellar! Vince Gill and Joe Walsh tearing the joint down. Bentonville Brewing Space Goose Hazy IPA

19. HorseheadsHophead

HorseheadsHophead Poo-Bah (2,514) Sep 15, 2014 Colorado
    Society

My last Celebration. I'll have to buy more soon.

[​IMG]

20. Hinda65

Hinda65 Disciple (390) May 7, 2017 Utah
    Trader

Glad I took tomorrow off so beers tonight..First up, an alright FW Vintage..Certainly not one of my favorites but not bad

[​IMG]

...and you will know me by my trail of empty FW bottles

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 7 others like this.
  21. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (2,685) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Sweet. Chsers my friend

22. Specialmick

Specialmick Zealot (536) Aug 26, 2019 Connecticut

Proving any time is Miller time ⏲️
    Watching my recorded World Cup matches
    [​IMG]1

23. Reidrover

Reidrover Poo-Bah (4,834) Jan 14, 2003 Oregon
    Society

[​IMG]
    Finishing off a long Thanksgiving week

24. Hinda65

Trader

Finishing this from last night..I fell asleep half way through it : /

[​IMG]

#264 Hinda65, Nov 28, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  25. HorseheadsHophead

Society

My first time having Jai Alai in a while. At least six or so months. It's tasting quite fine at the moment. Less malty than I remember; nice blood orange, pine, and caramel notes.

[​IMG]

Nice to see a fellow Melvins fan!

26. Hinda65

Trader

Ya..big fan. i was lucky to see them live with Helmet, I'd guess it was '95 or '96...best show ever. Both bands kicked ass

27. Hinda65

Trader

I love a good Belgian Strong dark and I love Deschutes. I wish they'd release Stoic again

[​IMG]

So how about some Helmet then

28. HorseheadsHophead

Society

That's amazing. I also love Helmet, though unfortunately I haven't seen them live yet. Are you a fan of Tad or Fudge Tunnel? I love dirty and grimy grunge and sludge metal -sounding stuff from the 90s.

29. Hinda65

Trader

I have not heard of either...but I like Sludge so I'm guessing i'd like them both. High on fire...early Mastodon. I'm watching a cool vid on you tube right now...check it

Blogjackets, VABA, mickyge and 4 others like this.
  30. Hinda65

Trader

well..i'm feeling like I can't be Vinced. but this might be the end of me...A great brew from one of our best brewers...if you ever seen anything by Shades, try it. they have a great Kviek series as well as pasrty stout series....selah

[​IMG]

@HorseheadsHophead

this is pretty cool...i must say i haven't kept up on my Megadeth...what happened to Dave Ellefson? thats not him, I don't think? but fuck look at Dave..that barley looks like him either...at least from 20 yrs ago. this is badass

31. micada

Society Trader

@HIGHPA might have some songs for you.

32. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (2,394) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

33. mickyge

mickyge Poo-Bah (2,117) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

It doesn’t seem like an easy song to play or sing and again I thought you did great with it. Cheers.

Blogjackets, VABA and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.