What beer are you drinking now? #970

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by lordofthewiens, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj

Raj Disciple (314) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

Had two solid beers tonight..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2ellas

2ellas Devotee (470) Feb 20, 2014 New Hampshire

2 questions, why are you yelling and do you have a vw bus?

3. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,346) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Homebrew club tonight. Brought a growler of my English Porter; with Dubbel and White IPA bottles. Nothing but compliments about all, and especially about my brown porter; with a lot of praise from one of the members who was born in the UK. Said it was one of the most traditional and excellent tasting English porters he's had. Also one of the other members made one of the best session pale ales I've ever had. 100% Falconers flight and warrior for bittering. Mashed at 158 with a large portion of pale crystal and munich in the malt bill. It was so flavorful I could have easily guessed it at over 6%. It was 3.8%. I am definitely going to be using Falconers in my next IPA. Been a while since I have.

Reviews:

This was okay. Good head retention and dense lacing. Aromas and flavors light sweet/tart cherries, wheat, cracker, and toasted bread; with some herbal/grass/light peppery hops and a touch of yeast earthiness. Light yeast/hop spice and slight fruit tartness on the finish; with a balanced amount of fruit and malt flavors with moderate earthy hops. Aromas were really muted, taste was solid. Smooth and crisp finish; slight fruit acidity and wheat creaminess. Elevated but not drying on carbonation. Overall not too bad. There isn't a whole lot of flavor which leaves much to be desired; but everything was well balanced with no off flavors present. Fairly enjoyable.
    [​IMG]

Fricking excellent. Aromas and flavors of huge bright grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, lemon zest, orange peel and pine; with some moderate honey/cracker/bready malt balance and floral/grassy hop earthiness. Fair amount of pine/grassy hop bitterness and slight blood orange fruit tartness on the finish; with a very smooth and fairly crisp/sticky hop finish. Medium carb and body. Pretty much everything I love about New Dogtown; with added blood orange flavors and a higher ABV that doesn't sacrifice drinkability. Zero complaints as expected. I love Dogtown just as much.
    [​IMG]

Awesome Berliner weisse! Good head retention and lacing for expectations as well. Aromas and flavors of big tart lemon. lime, green apple, pear, white grape, strawberry, white vinegar, salt, hay, straw, grass, wheat, cracker, musty funk, and yeast earthiness. Nice tart/acidic and lightly puckering finish and mouthfeel; with balanced crackery wheat maltiness and light creaminess; with overall great robustness of flavors for 3.5%. Some nice moderate olive saltiness is present as well, leaning towards a gose level in salinity. Completely awesome.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

4. timontheroad

timontheroad Crusader (779) May 9, 2011 Colorado

Now for something a little hoppier - Odell IPA. Damn this is a great beer.
    [​IMG]

And even more so...Hoptimum
    [​IMG]

5. meanmutt

meanmutt Savant (949) Feb 6, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Freetail Hopothesis

[​IMG]

Cheers!

6. 5EKF

5EKF Savant (991) Dec 8, 2014 Illinois

Burnt Hickory makes really good beer. And this one is going very well with my italian beef sandwiches!!!

[​IMG]

7. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (449) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

in Cali?

8. ivorycannon

ivorycannon Zealot (544) Feb 21, 2013 Indiana

Another person this evening making me hungry. Those beefs look really tasty. So does the beer:wink:

9. KarmicSkrambl8

KarmicSkrambl8 Disciple (377) Dec 21, 2014 California

Next up...
    [​IMG]
    Next up....

Cheers All BA's

10. 2ellas

The tunes keep me keeping on!

Son of a b word! You've got an open invite for beers at my house too. Now I'm super hungry...

JayWhitson and 5EKF like this.
  11. 5EKF

They are both indeed scrumptious. What you don't see is me dipping the beefs in the pot of gravy. Mmmmmmm!!!

12. paulytasker

paulytasker Disciple (309) May 16, 2012 New York

[​IMG]
    I've been on an IPA streak as of late, decided to switch it up a little tonight.

Cheers BA!!

13. 5EKF

Awesome!!! I might throw some seasoned fries in the oven if this isn't enough.......

2ellas and ivorycannon like this.
  14. 5EKF

I have a bottle of Tank 7 in my fridge, waiting to be had. In fact it will be my first time with that beer. Cheers Mark!

15. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (2,194) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Love me some Gonzo! Underrated, in my opinion.

16. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,251) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

I wish I could find some semi-fresh around here... ( Odell IPA ). Some poor schlub will eventually buy it & hopefully new will show up. So many ipAs & DIPAs coming into SW MO that the market is saturated. I will take that over 2 years ago...

timontheroad likes this.
  17. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,346) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Society Trader

Finishers:

Damn nice session IPA with bright grapefruit, tangerine, pineapple, peach, mango, lemon zest, orange peel, and pine hop flavors; with light caramel/toasted bread malt balance; with good robustness of overall flavor. Nice and crisp and fairly sticky hop finish. Saugatuck did a damn fine job on this new beer. They have really impressing me lately with the newer releases.
    [​IMG]

One of the absolute best table saisons I've ever had, and I will definitely be buying another full 6 pack. Big flavors of lemon, pear, apple, white grape, light banana, pepper, clove, wheat, cracker, hay, straw, grass, and yeast earthiness; with a nice crisp and earthy/spicy yeast finish. Very well carbonated. Very robust and flavorful for being under 4%. Love this stuff, Smuttynose rarely lets me down.
    [​IMG]

My go-to blonde ale. Robust creamed/roasted coffee flavors and balanced crackery malts. Always freshly available.
    [​IMG]

Delicious again this year; with bright grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, mango, melon, berry, and piney hops with moderate crackery malts; and a very crisp/sticky/resiny finish. Mosaic hops are one of my top new strain favorites lately.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

18. beergorrilla

beergorrilla Meyvn (1,335) Feb 21, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

19. russpowell

Society Trader

Was just out in the hot tub, rain coming down fairly steady, but the Lightning Bugs are still trying to do their thing. Uinta Detour DIPA, gonna finish this Texas Rising if it takes all night...:astonished:

20. Rzzzzz

Rzzzzz Devotee (411) Nov 10, 2007 California

Drink 'em if you got 'em.
    [​IMG]
    All groupies must bow down.

21. tjumfrid

tjumfrid Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2013 Arizona

[​IMG]

CBS..finally got to try it! It was delicious, and I loved the maple in it. Just as with the KBS this year, I didn't get a whole lot of coffee. That's fine. I have the BS for the high coffee profile. I wish I was able to try more than a single 6.5 oz pour on this CBS :slight_frown:.

22. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Crusader (727) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Lagunitas: Sucks
    [​IMG]

My last sucks of the sixer. Oh well definitely will be seeing more of this on my table at some point.

23. GabberGod

GabberGod Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2014 California

[​IMG] and for dessert.....

24. riverlen

riverlen Aspirant (205) Sep 16, 2009 Illinois

Bells Amber. A real solid beer :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

25. 2ellas

Is that frikkin Chucky???

26. SonictheBeerhog

SonictheBeerhog Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 New York

This is my 1000th beer rating and couldn't be happier with my choice!!! Happy 1000th!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. zid

zid Meyvn (1,192) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

[​IMG]

Cascade daze

28. zid

zid Meyvn (1,192) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

Awesome mash-up.

29. vette2006c5r

vette2006c5r Poo-Bah (3,448) Oct 14, 2009 Minnesota
    Society

Maredsous's Tripel.....A little heavier, darker and spicier then others. Makes it better.

30. 5EKF

I was going to be one and done with the Old Wooden Head bomber but I want dessert. So here's my first time with Velvet Merlin. Cheers LNBA's!!!

[​IMG]

31. ivorycannon

[​IMG]

Done with the six pack of Enjoy By, Time to move on.
    CHEERS LNBA!

32. SoleBriety

SoleBriety Disciple (336) Oct 10, 2013 California
    Trader

Old Raspy knows how to kick it.

[​IMG]

33. russpowell

Society Trader

Urban Chestnut Maxilmilian Weizenbock, the struggle for Texan independence grinds on...:astonished:

34. Rootscipio

Rootscipio Crusader (727) Jun 13, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Belhaven: 90/~ Wee Heavy
    [​IMG]

This one has been growing on me. I wasn't impressed with my first one but now on my 3rd and I appreciate it allot more. I think honestly, I am just to accustomed to big huge american wee heavys. This really isn't half bad. Although I am still not sure if I prefer Belhaven's regular wee heavy over this.

35. ivorycannon

Call it Speed or Thrash or... just metal. Holy Wars rules the roost IMO! The solo is just devastating.

36. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,032) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

37. hoptheology

hoptheology Poo-Bah (5,032) May 12, 2014 South Dakota
    Society Trader

He's holding the world's greatest hop flower

38. ivorycannon

LOL

JayWhitson and hoptheology like this.
  39. SoleBriety

SoleBriety Disciple (336) Oct 10, 2013 California
    Trader

Gf decided to join me and she drank my last Anderson Valley a Blood Orange Gose while I have a Modern Times Special Release Blackhouse.

[​IMG]

40. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Meyvn (1,007) May 9, 2014 South Carolina

You Californians and your crazy amount of great beer that is produced in your state!

muchloveforhops3, 5EKF and SoleBriety like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.