What beer are you drinking now? (July 2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Jul 1, 2019.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,035) Sep 24, 2007 Montserrat
    Trader

Not sure I've ever met Tony, but, for sure, he would have to get in line about things. Lots of folks got beef with me.

Now, if I am able to help mitigate things, without bragging, why yes, I am singlehandedly responsible for the first Boneyard beers to be poured in Washington.

Tony, buddy, pal, if I have ever caused you grief, welcome to the club. It's how I'm wired. Also, I am more loyal than a Labrador Retriever. You did us a solid, and I continue to talk up your beers. Ya want me to go over and "talk" to the folks at Sound Beverage? Can do.

2. weaverr

weaverr Initiate (162) Jun 10, 2008 Oregon

Wait a minute, you went to Upright on a Wednesday? Since when is this possible!?

3. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,578) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

They are now open 6 days a week, except for Mondays. 230-9 on Saturday and Sunday and 430-9 Tuesday thru Friday.

66jzmstr and weaverr like this.
  4. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,276) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon

Matt's on tap?

5. Lingenbrau

On the way to band practice. Stopped in to Hoplandia for a glass of 2017 Upright, Hearts Beat. Cheers!

[​IMG]

kemoarps, vurt and sharpski like this.
  6. DefenCorps

Society Trader

Yes sir, though I have a feeling you'll end up drinking Beerweek instead.

kemoarps, Lingenbrau and vurt like this.
  7. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,032) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

That's what I'd be doing if I weren't heading to Albuquerque tomorrow.

DefenCorps likes this.
  8. DefenCorps

Society Trader

Oh hey, @vurt ,@Lingenbrau ,@John_M and @derftron , since y'all liked Beerweek so much , give the new Occidental smoked lager, Grodziskie, a whirl. I had it at Bailey's last night and it was quite delicious.

9. Lingenbrau

Sold! I know where I'm going tomorrow night.

10. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,354) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Will definitely give it a try next time I see it on tap. Sounds like it should absolutely be in my wheel house.

11. weaverr

Quietly adding myself to the list of people who is going to try that Grodziskie in the near future.

kemoarps, vurt and DefenCorps like this.
  12. DefenCorps

Society Trader

Hey @weaverr , make sure you check out the new Occidental Grodziskie

13. weaverr

:joy: Thanks man!

kemoarps and vurt like this.
  14. Lingenbrau

It's Punk Rock Time.

[​IMG]

kemoarps, vurt and Superheatnsubcool like this.
  15. Lingenbrau

More Baerlic. This has developed quite nicely. Hopefully heading to Occidental tomorrow for that Grodziskie! Cheers.

[​IMG]

kemoarps, vurt and Superheatnsubcool like this.
  16. DefenCorps

Society Trader

It's summer, which means it's perfect Rusty Nail weather. Mmmm.... I've never had it out of a bottle before, and it's just downright sublime.

kemoarps, Lingenbrau, vurt and 2 others like this.
  17. Superheatnsubcool

Superheatnsubcool Disciple (316) May 31, 2016 Washington

Now THAT is punk rock. I like the cut of your jib.

ETA: On second reading, you may not have meant that you are drinking it straight from the bottle, just that you’ve previously had it on draft. It’s still a sublime beer.

18. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,032) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

I enjoyed a can of Fremont Lush IPA on the flight between Seattle and Albuquerque.

It has been a very stressful day, and this Lush (canned on June 3) was most enjoyable and satisfying.

[​IMG]

19. DefenCorps

Society Trader

This is BeerAdvocate, not BeerSmashvocate. No Rusty Nail was disrespected tonight. It was served lovingly in a Duvel tulip.

20. Superheatnsubcool

Chainline Brewing Old Growth Saison #4, aged in a Grenache wine barrel with Brett Brux. Pours a nice dark straw with white foam that recedes and leaves some decent lacing. Smells vinous and a little sour. The flavor is much more complex than the nose would lead you to believe, with some great barnyard funk/hay, stone fruit esters, and tannic bite on the finish. Overall, very nicely done.

21. DefenCorps

Society Trader

Never heard of these guys. Will have to seek it out, I guess.

Superheatnsubcool likes this.
  22. Superheatnsubcool

If I’m not mistaken, they might still self-distribute, mostly in Western WA. They are apparently building a new production facility now, roughly doubling their capacity. Their canned IPAs are decent, but in my opinion it’s their Polaris Pilsner that really shines.

66jzmstr and vurt like this.
  23. DefenCorps

Society Trader

So I think I understand pastry stouts a little better. I'm standing in my kitchen, with my glass of Rusty Nail, and a quart of Speculoos Cookie Butter ice cream from Trader Joe's. They complement each other so well that I'm eating and drinking faster than I would if I didn't have the two side by side.

kemoarps, VashonGuy, sharpski and 3 others like this.
  24. Superheatnsubcool

Gigantic Brewing 2018 Bourbon Barrel Aged Massive! Barley Wine. Pours a deep brown with no foam. Smells of dark fruits soaked in dark rum. Flavor is very rich, sweet malt, with a creaminess to it and a hint of vanilla from the barrels. I think the 8 hour boil during the brewing process is pretty cool and really brings out some unique flavors. I recently had a 2017 Mother Of All Storms, and this Massive! compares very favorably to MOAS, IMO.

25. 66jzmstr

66jzmstr Devotee (474) Jul 17, 2005 Washington
    Society

Agreed. Their hazy offerings are decent, but that pils is really nice.

I had no idea that they did anything along the lines of barrel-aged saisons. Their website still has it up, so I might swing in to pick up a few. How much did you pay for it? Also, I couldn't find any news of the expansion online. Do you have a link, or any more info on it? Sorry for all the questions! These guys have been off my radar for a while, but color me an excited Kirkland resident!

kemoarps, Superheatnsubcool and vurt like this.
  26. Superheatnsubcool

I believe I paid $8/500ml. It looked like they only had about a dozen left in the fridge. I learned of the expansion yesterday from the gentleman behind the bar, and haven’t found any official information about it.

http://www.washingtonbeerblog.com/chainline-brewing-celebrates-fourth-anniversary-this-saturday/

kemoarps, vurt and 66jzmstr like this.
  27. crusian

crusian Crusader (782) May 14, 2010 Oregon

Drinking the omnipolloscope. Mmmm

vurt and Lingenbrau like this.
  28. Lingenbrau

Red cupping some Breakside IPA at Columbia Park that has been graciously provided by my laborers Union at this Annual Party. BBQ, bounce house, beer, sold! Kind of weird drinking in a park side by side with some cops and park rangers. I love this city.

29. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,008) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Solo cup at its finest!

Lingenbrau likes this.
  30. Lingenbrau

Pliny at the Mississippi Street Fest. Cheers

[​IMG]

31. kemoarps

kemoarps Meyvn (1,461) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Lucille goes down mighty fine on a hot day like today

32. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,035) Sep 24, 2007 Montserrat
    Trader

How goes the LL softball battles?

kemoarps likes this.
  33. 66jzmstr

Society

This glass isn’t topped off because I had originally planned not to post a fottergraf of this, but I got half way through this can and conceded that this pile, canned not even three weeks ago, more than deserved it. So damn delicious.

[​IMG]

kemoarps, vurt, jakecattleco and 4 others like this.
  34. 66jzmstr

Society

Matchless Right Kind of Smoke, a smoked helles, with a good amount of smoke. Pairing nicely with the torta con lengua.

[​IMG]

35. Lingenbrau

Just when I thought Baerlic couldn't be any more awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#75 Lingenbrau, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    kemoarps, sharpski, vurt and 3 others like this.
  36. 66jzmstr

Society

Reuben’s Brews + Grains of Wrath Forbidden Fruit IPA. Collaboration with guava and apricot. I’m not much of a fruited IPA guy, but this is good. The guava and apricot are present but not overpowering. And ... WTF? A fruited IPA that’s NOT hazy? Good stuff. Going well with the al pastor burrito from the taco truck.

[​IMG]

37. Lingenbrau

Will be keeping an eye out for that one. The beer too.

66jzmstr likes this.
  38. 66jzmstr

Society

Ravenna Brewing +/for Chuck’s Hop Shop Secret Handshake Double IPA. Smooth AF even after letting this sit on the kitchen counter nearly an hour to hit clean-up after the first three aforedrankened brews. I scanned the label for mango - and possibly coconut - but all I got was Vic Secret, Sabro, Zythos (?!), and 8.5%. Well played, Ravenna, and thank you!

[​IMG]

39. Reidrover

Reidrover Poo-Bah (3,432) Jan 14, 2003 Oregon
    Society

Buoy El Dorado Single Hop IPA..surprise find at Safeway..nice little single hop and showcases the El Dorado hops well.
    Old style but welcome

40. Reidrover

Reidrover Poo-Bah (3,432) Jan 14, 2003 Oregon
    Society

Looks like someone is very interested in the El Pastor

kemoarps and 66jzmstr like this.