What beer are you drinking now? (November 2019)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Nov 1, 2019.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,420) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

New month, new thread. Hit it!

Superheatnsubcool and Lingenbrau like this.
  2. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Poo-Bah (3,473) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

I am so friggin glad Fort George decided to make this delicious gem once again. Cheers, and happy November!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,699) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

What!? I did not know it was a thing. I guess this goes on my list to grab soon, along with the Heater Allen McMinnville lager and the Wayfinder Bock.

4. Lingenbrau

Trader

They made this back in May (I think) and only distributed to a few coastal towns. I was lucky enough to be in Nehalem Bay at the time and scored. The other night, Frau Brau shows up with a can courtesy of Green Zebra and my heart sank. Will be stocking up this weekend hopefully.

And now, some more Fort George love. Cheers.

[​IMG]

5. vurt

vurt Meyvn (1,064) Apr 11, 2004 Oregon
    Society

BODHI.

That is all.

(After staying close to home all week, it was necessary to get out for a couple pints tonight. So we did. Nice fresh pints of Bodhizafa at a nearby dive.)

6. beertunes

Trader

After 2 showings of RHPS last night, and 2 showings of the Mt. Baker Film Festival today/tonight, a nice Kulshan Heliotrope. At $7/pint, I'll be moving on to another establishment after it:

7. beertunes

Trader

Now at a more wallet friendly bar, with a pint of good old Cedar Dust:

8. beertunes

Trader

Now, a Fremont Lushy McLushface.

9. vurt

Society

A classic. And I am a fan of wallet-friendly bars. (Which is why I hung out at $5/bodhi pint bars tonight.)

kemoarps and beertunes like this.
  10. beertunes

Trader

Last one at the Cabin Tavern, a Wanderale by, duh, Wander. Will head to JJs Methmart for a walking beer in a few.

kemoarps, Lingenbrau and vurt like this.
  11. beertunes

Trader

So. Things happened. Met folks. Went to a newish bar. Car tried running me over (while I was in the crosswalk. Good luck to that idiot explaining the dents to his insurance company), but I survived.

As it happens, a "recuperation station" was at hand. One each of Union Jack and Bohdi were were consumed, purely for medicinal purposes ya understand.

The story of the cab ride home, well, another time.

My life. Nothing happens for a long time, then all the things happen. At once.

kemoarps, DefenCorps, vurt and 5 others like this.
  12. beertunes

Trader

Plus, now I've got this stuck in my head:

kemoarps likes this.
  13. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,476) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

You say that, like that's a bad thing.

Could be much worse you know. The wife and I went to a Kung Fu performance last night, and now I have Carl Douglas' Kung Fu fighting stuck in my head. :sunglasses:

14. beertunes

Trader

kemoarps likes this.
  15. Lingenbrau

Trader

What a day... After taking the kiddos to the park, The Braus enjoyed a fantastic afternoon at Breakside where I indulged in their Franconian Kellerbier and Phantasmagoria, Smoked Helles. Later, I got my hair did at Morehouse and I enjoyed their collab with Second Profession, apptly. named Faded Love. A pretty decent Pale. Now back home with some acquired goodies from Breakside, this being their latest in the Seeker IPA series,

[​IMG]

Hop Delivery Mechanism.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

[​IMG]

16. beertunes

Trader

I was at the the store grabbing some ticking beers earlier today, saw the Smashbang, but with an August canning date, I passed. Should I swing by tomorrow and grab one?

Lingenbrau likes this.
  17. Lingenbrau

Trader

Hmm.... Haven't had the Smashbang. The Love Bubbles was decent as is this one I'm drinking now. I'm torn on making a decision for you. Breakside makes phenomenal beers, but often I believe their core beers outweigh their one offs (or rotators) such as these. Anything lagered or barrel aged from Breakside is a definite go though.

Go for a single if you can. The worst that happens is it's a "meh".

18. beertunes

Trader

Life is hard on a ticker. Gonna go hang with a fellow hobo tomorrow, might grab one just cuz, well, ticker gotta tick yo!

kemoarps, vurt, NWer and 1 other person like this.
  19. DefenCorps

Society Trader

The beer at the finish line at Silver Falls today was a quite excellent Deuce Coupe IPA from Ratchet Brewery. Pure west coast hop goodness with a nice bitter bite and no milkshake, terpenes or juice involved.

kemoarps, vurt, Lingenbrau and 3 others like this.
  20. DefenCorps

Society Trader

If it's good enough for @beertunes , it's good enough for me. A Three Magnets Float On, with delicious fresh hop flavor even 6weeks in.

21. beertunes

Trader

You might not want to use me as a guide. I'm about to receive, and consume and review, a 40+ year old can of Billy Beer. It's the most excited about a beer I've been in a long time.

kemoarps, vurt, Lingenbrau and 3 others like this.
  22. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,017) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Trader

Went to Iron Goat for Flannel Fest (a mug club party that featured copious amounts of chicken wings) and had an IG barleywine (!) and a cherry sour collaboration with Ordnance. Then I.went kitty-korner to River City and had their Mocha Marmot, a very chocolatey tasting imperial stout.

kemoarps, sharpski, vurt and 2 others like this.
  23. beertunes

Trader

Hmmmm, you don't say......

woemad, kemoarps and vurt like this.
  24. beertunes

Trader

At Gruff, and, found a FH I hadn't ticked; 22 Mile IPA. 7 varieties of hops, from Valley Farmstead. Nice hop flavors:

kemoarps, vurt and Lingenbrau like this.
  25. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Hmmm... isn't that a tad young still for a can of Billy beer?

kemoarps, jakecattleco and beertunes like this.
  26. beertunes

Trader

It was only brewed 77-78. I, sorta, remember drinking one from a couple Sixers my folks bought when it was new.

I just need to make sure my tetanus booster is up to date, in case I cut myself on the poptop. :wink:

kemoarps, vurt and jakecattleco like this.
  27. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Good idea.

I vaguely recall drinking a can for laughs and giggles when I was in college. I don't know why I was expecting anything out of the ordinary, but for some reason I thought it would be particularly awful (I was pretty certain it wouldn't be anything very good). But it really wasn't. Just amother lightly flavored AAL with nothing to commend it. Just the sort of beer Billy Carter could undoubtedly pound down by the case on a Sunday afternoon.

Course now that it's got a little age on it, I'm sure it will be something absolutely sublime.

kemoarps, sharpski, vurt and 3 others like this.
  28. beertunes

Trader

As I mentioned above, this is the most excited I've been for a beer in a long time. I honestly can't recall being this hyped since, I dunno, maybe the first Heady you sent me?

I mean, a beer that was shitty 42 years ago? In a can that likely has rust issues? What could possibly go wrong?

The fact that I'm actually excited for this, well, I was dropped on my head as a child.

Shrug.

29. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Devotee (463) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon

After a delightfully tart Urban Family Featherstone today, I’m finishing off the night with a Deschutes Black Butte ^3. So very smooth and delicious.

kemoarps, sharpski, vurt and 3 others like this.
  30. vurt

Society

I split a Rusty Nail with some friends over dinner.

Delectable.

31. Reidrover

Reidrover Poo-Bah (3,540) Jan 14, 2003 Oregon
    Society

Still broke ..so more cheap 19.2ozers..Lagunitas IPA and 21st Amendment Brew Free Or Die IPA..both $2.25 fro Plaid Pantry. Not too bad at all.
    I remember being broke 15 years ago and it was Olde English 800

32. beertunes

Trader

ISO: PP t-shirt. FT: Something.

Lingenbrau and Reidrover like this.
  33. beertunes

Trader

#34 beertunes, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    pudgym29 and Reidrover like this.
  34. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

I'd say you've upgraded your "ain't got no money" beer selection considerably from back in those bad olde days. Hell, it wasn't all that many years ago when I'd have been ecstatic to have an ipa as good as the Lagunitas, no matter what the cost.

jakecattleco and Reidrover like this.
  35. jason_nwx

jason_nwx Devotee (463) Sep 12, 2012 Oregon

Sunriver’s Cocoa Cow is my ideal milk stout and drinks nicely following morning coffee. Smooth and creamy with a proper amount of chocolate and not too sweet. I’d love to see a version if this with espresso in it.

36. beertunes

Trader

Block 15 Story of the Ghost:

jakecattleco, kemoarps and Lingenbrau like this.
  37. Lingenbrau

Trader

Been a fun day.

NBS beer:

[​IMG]

First Christmas beer of the season:

[​IMG]

Now just for funsies, at $1.59. Might as well enjoy before they inevitable go under as well:

[​IMG]

38. beertunes

Trader

Next, a Floodland Time Eternity. Pretty damn awesome.

kemoarps, vurt, DefenCorps and 2 others like this.
  39. beertunes

Trader

Now a Dirty Couch Donut Return: