What beer did you love that they stopped distributing to your area?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beernooph, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eamonn-Cummings3

Eamonn-Cummings3 Poo-Bah (1,951) Jan 23, 2014 New York
    Society Trader

Clown shoes in NY, I have been seeing less and less stone these days too.

2. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (818) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Three Floyd's used to be in PA then they went away.

Enjoy

3. B-Ho

B-Ho Initiate (42) Feb 16, 2015 Minnesota

Left Coast pulled their entire product line from NoDak....Trestles was always a good choice for an IPA, but I'm really going to miss their Voodoo. (Good thing we stashed two 1/6 barrels in our keg cooler!!!)

4. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

Wait, what? Where are you considering "upstate"? I swear I still see it here in Rochester. Maybe I'm just losing my mind though.

5. HeislerGold

HeislerGold Initiate (129) Oct 19, 2013 Michigan

I used to like getting Harpoon's Fall Tailgater variety pack every year but they pulled out of Michigan at the beginning of 2015.

6. BirdsandHops

BirdsandHops Poo-Bah (2,745) Apr 14, 2008 Oregon
    Society

Western.

7. ChrisMon02

ChrisMon02 Meyvn (1,146) May 2, 2010 Ohio

And it wasn't like their stuff was shelf turds. MANY have come and gone but again, these seemed to move well. Not sure why PA can get their stuff and Ohio can't.

8. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Poo-Bah (1,834) Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society Trader

I don't see Flying Dog in SC anymore

9. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,591) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Beamish

MA08 and LehighAce06 like this.
  10. norcalhophead

norcalhophead Initiate (67) Jan 28, 2010 Wisconsin

Bear Republic (due to CA water shortage) out of WI & IL - so miss Racer 5, Hop Rod Rye, Red Rocket.

11. Homebrew

Homebrew Disciple (383) Sep 5, 2012 Connecticut

Great divide claymore scotch pretty much got me into craft years ago. Also the variety of magic hat has gone way down. I remeber in high school 15-20years agog we had a lot more of their stuff now just 3-4

12. LehighAce06

LehighAce06 Champion (815) Jul 31, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I haven't seen Jai Alai in Philly in a pretty long time, I definitely miss that.

Schnerds likes this.
  13. PJ_

PJ_ Initiate (165) Nov 13, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Knee Deep in Georgia. Hoptologist was a regular pick back in the years when I was switching to craft. Unfortunately, at that point I was just "drinking different stuff" and not really learning much about the beer itself so the only thing I remember about it is the part when we'll get really drunk.

14. BKBassist

BKBassist Disciple (390) Jan 24, 2013 New York

Someone told you a tall tale sir. No NEBCO in tbe city. Pumped for Pipeworks in a few weeks though!

15. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2011 California

Glad you clarified. I'd hate to think that you were lying to us.

16. BryanP

BryanP Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2013 North Carolina
    Deactivated

Boulder Beer Co. Shake Chocolate Porter.
    According to my rep, they pulled out of NC.

17. elektrikjester

elektrikjester Aspirant (239) Nov 15, 2008 Georgia

De Struise Pannepot and Black Albert. Ah, the joys of a Shelton Bros. fallout.

Don't see much Lakefront in ATL anymore, and I really miss their RiverWest Stein Lager.

18. Casterbridge

Casterbridge Disciple (390) Mar 26, 2010 Connecticut

Avery Maharaja

19. Vason

Vason Initiate (123) Feb 19, 2008 Ohio

Allagash in Ohio in general

20. scraff

scraff Initiate (160) Apr 18, 2003 Maryland

Back in the early 2000's, MD actually had Three Floyds and Hair of the Dog. What a screw up letting those go without a fight. I was drinking Alpha King, Dreadnaught, Fred, and Adam like it was brewed down the street. :wink:

21. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Aspirant (217) Nov 17, 2008 Wisconsin

Stone and Boulevard. Also sort of on the same topic Deschutes started distro to Wisconsin last summer, and while most of their beers have shown up, we still haven't gotten Inversion IPA for some reason...

22. dogbert617

dogbert617 Initiate (77) Jan 6, 2015 Illinois

Weird, I thought Great Lakes did distribute to Indiana. Guess not.

The main thing I can think of, is New Glarus. Do have a memory(albeit foggy one) when they once distributed to IL, but unfortunately stopped. Main other ones I can think of are more national pullbacks, such as De Konick's recent decision to no longer sell in the U.S. Pity I recently found a little De Konick left at a different bar vs. where I usually go(wanted to visit a friend of mine, who was quitting his bartending job there on his last night), but it was more overpriced vs. where I usually go.

23. Schnerds

Schnerds Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Pennsylvania

Jai Alai in Philly. Cigar City hasn't pulled out of the area, but I don't know anyone thats seen Jai Alai here since last summer.

24. JouerAvecLeFeu

JouerAvecLeFeu Defender (688) Apr 17, 2015 Washington
    Trader

Allagash stopped distributing to the Pacific Northwest a few years back.

25. CoverMePorkins

CoverMePorkins Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012 New Mexico

Add another for Racer 5 due to the water shortage.

26. stickboy1125

stickboy1125 Initiate (162) Jan 28, 2012 Virginia
    Deactivated

Haven't seen CCB Jai Alai (or any other CCB) in VA in what seems like a year

27. BrewlsRules

BrewlsRules Initiate (25) Mar 24, 2015 Wisconsin

I miss Two Brothers & make sure to grab some anytime I cross the border into IL or MN

28. 4ingredients

4ingredients Initiate (0) May 22, 2009 Massachusetts

Mendocino's Talon DIPA

29. jcos

jcos Aspirant (214) Nov 23, 2009 Maryland

I'm pretty sure Three Floyds was also in VA - a local store (Norm's) posted a picture of them having some like 7 years ago the other day. Now they only distribute in Indiana and to limited other areas.

30. ElBuffalo

ElBuffalo Initiate (61) Apr 23, 2015 Canada

Miller Lite and High Life were pulled from Ontario.

Yes, I love both......

31. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,689) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

I haven't seen Spezial Rauchbier in Colorado in 2-3 years. Kind of sad as it's amazing even from a bottle.

32. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,106) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

We don't get Driftwood (British Columbia, Canada) in WA anymore. Fat Tug is a solid IPA that I really miss.

33. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (3,217) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

New Glarus. Very briefly available in Minnie (maybe bootlegged), but no more.

34. MaltLickyWithTheCandy

MaltLickyWithTheCandy Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2013 Maryland

Well it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Apparently since cantillon, and fantome have soared in popularity, their beers fly off the shelves in hours. I hear there was a time where they would just sit on the shelves like lindemans.

35. CNoj012

CNoj012 Meyvn (1,466) Dec 7, 2014 New York
    Trader

@pitweasel I'm from Syracuse and like someone else said, I was told they pulled out of all of upstate due to a water shortage. I saw your post and actually spoke with a TJ Sheehan rep today and he told me that whatever umbrella corp (can't think of the name) that owns Sheehan and distributes across NY state was still able to distribute Racer 5 to Rochester. No idea why they can't bring it a little farther east, but hey I'd much rather make the drive to Rochester over Pennsylvania. Got any good bottle shops you can recommend?

36. stonermouse

stonermouse Devotee (478) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts

We used to get shipments of Gandhi Bot just north of Boston. That was awesome.

37. Kadonny

Kadonny Meyvn (1,390) Sep 5, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

You know, now that you mention it, I have not seen any Moylans products in a long, long time. Did they stop distributing on the east coast?

Beyond that, I can't think of a beer we don't get anymore......we can always use more Pliny and Blind Pig draft, but other than that it seems like we keep adding stuff, not taking away.

38. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,507) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

I haven't seen any Moylans in forever too, it's on tap at the Piedmont Ale House in Burlington.

39. SquirrelsBrews

SquirrelsBrews Aspirant (289) May 31, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

Some of the Bear Republic beers they just stopped send to MA due to drought issues. You can now only find super old racer 5 12pks on the shelf. Dusty.

40. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,923) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Glad this hasn't happened to me - our distro is growing :wink:

You may want to see this thread for some ideas about what breweries we'd hate to see go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.