What beer shops that ship do you use/recommend?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Beestin, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beestin

Beestin Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2014 Iowa

What are some of the best shops that you use to ship beer legitimately? I know of some like Archer Liquors that ships pre-made boxes of beer but wondering if anyone has some to suggest. I like trading on BA but sometimes it's nice to just put an order in and have it delivered. I recently ordred a few Parabola from a shop in WA I found by searching online. I would assume there are now quite a few out there. Any good ones worth mentioning?

2. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 Texas

I'm not familiar with any other than one I found in the Carolina's - Charleston Beer Exchange. Large inventory, but hit or miss whether or not they have what you want in stock. Mind sharing the store in Wa.?

3. dwduncan2

dwduncan2 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2012 Illinois

The beer temple in Chicago, Leukens liquors in FL, and letspour are all solid.

4. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Crusader (763) Jan 27, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

France 44 and CraftShack have been nothing less than stellar for me. I'm still trying out a few more.

5. Beestin

http://www.clearviewspiritsandwines.com

6. shacawgo24

shacawgo24 Aspirant (265) Jun 11, 2013 Illinois

craftbeerkings
    qualityliquorstore

beergorrilla and dymmig89 like this.
  7. DVMin98

DVMin98 Poo-Bah (4,077) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

holidaywinecellar.com ask for Amanda!

Beestin likes this.
  8. johnInLA

johnInLA Savant (965) Jun 12, 2005 California
    Society Trader

I use Bine &Vine to ship Christmas gifts. I've been happy with the selection and the results.

www.bineandvine.com

Beestin likes this.
  9. xShoWTeKx

xShoWTeKx Disciple (318) Jan 21, 2013 South Carolina

10. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (835) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

I had a great experience with Bine and Vine recently so I highly recommend them.

11. Beestin

Thanks I'll check them out. I've seen Quality Liquor Store before but it always seemed to be really high prices, min 12 per order and they're generally out of stock of anything good. Have you had better luck?

I'm just surprised to see posts about beers people are looking to trade for or making comments about not being able to find when there are places online you can order from. I was looking for Parabola, googled it, found a site and ordered a few (in addtion to Sucaba) in like 10 min.

Trading is a lot of fun but if i can just find a site, fill a cart, purchase and be done with it - that's a lot easier and the shipping cost is usually about the same.

I will say i've seen online stores charging like $40 shipping, $25 for the box?!, $15 for "handling", etc. If you're going to charge $80 for shipping & handling it's not worth it.

12. hops202

hops202 Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2013 District of Columbia

Just had a great delivery from The Beer Temple. Definitely worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.