What homebrew are you drinking now (July 2018)

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by Prep8611, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prep8611

Prep8611 Aspirant (246) Aug 22, 2014 New Jersey

I can’t believe this hasn’t been started! Sipping on a small taster of pineapple cream ale with lactose. Turned out excellent and will definitely make this again.
    [​IMG]

2. makisupapolice14

makisupapolice14 Initiate (196) Jun 5, 2005 New York

Sipping on princemanian devil, a hoppy red lager. Pretty complex malt bill, 6% abv, mosaic, centennial, amarillo, Cascade hops. Super crisp finish with some nice lingering bitterness.

Turned out pretty damn well but to be honest, I think I preferred the mellower version before the dry hop. I'm just not the biggest fan of hoppy malty beers (ie black ipa etc)

Happy fourth!
    [​IMG]

GormBrewhouse, argock, SABERG and 3 others like this.
  3. Brewday

Brewday Initiate (110) Dec 25, 2015 New York

Brown ale using the lodo method that taste like roasted chocolate.It's getting harder to buy beer,lol.
    [​IMG]

#3 Brewday, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  4. loebrygg

loebrygg Initiate (159) Jun 4, 2016 Norway

IPA Nelson Mosaic

[​IMG]

5. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (539) Mar 28, 2009 California

Fresh tapped ipa with El Dorado, Azacca, centennial and CTZ. All from 47 hops.

Happy 4th!

6. pweis909

pweis909 Poo-Bah (1,748) Aug 13, 2005 Wisconsin
    Premium

Session sour:

That's condensation on the glass. Beer is clear. Of course, I just kicked the keg.

7. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (1,841) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Premium

Enjoying this Scottish Ale, will repeat this December
    Cheers all

8. argock

argock Poo-Bah (2,809) Dec 30, 2006 Virginia

Enjoying a 4.3% cream ale made last month mainly to grow yeast for future batches. I have a hard time convincing myself to ever make a 1056 starter in anything less than a 6 gallon “flask” again given how enjoyable these results are.

Also enjoyed a 5.2% Galaxy single hop APA. Not the brightest hop character and very heavy jammy fruit quality. WIll use it in hop combos in the future.

9. GetMeAnIPA

Cream ales make the best starters!

10. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Disciple (386) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont

Company has left the farm,,,,, so sampled the citra sit down Dipa, finished the Irish stout and had the new house pale. It's too hot in Vt.

11. invertalon

invertalon Devotee (427) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio

Tapped my latest, which I call "Burnt At The Stake" - Which is a Bamberg-Style Helles Rauchbier. My second iteration.

5.5% ABV, 22 IBU. Utilizes 85% Weyermann Rauch malt this time around (vs. about 65% of my previous) with a balance of Pilsner and Acidulated. 2206 yeast, fermented at 48F and kegged/spunded. Really nice crisp finish at 1.008. It really turned out incredible, even better than my first one which I thought would be tough to beat honestly! I just love this style so much! Not the best picture, I plan to get a “formal” photo this weekend. Mind you, this was first pour out of the keg so it clarified more on the additional pints.

[​IMG]

This weekend, my IPA and Festbier should be kicking... So I have my experimental pale ready to go, as well as my barrel aged imperial stout. Look forward to trying those.

seanyfo, Lukass, Soneast and 7 others like this.
  12. TKBC

TKBC Initiate (1) Jul 2, 2018

[​IMG]

NEIPA with German Hallertau Comet, Mistral, Nelson Sauvin [​IMG]

Jesse14, Soneast, argock and 2 others like this.
  13. Supergenious

Supergenious Disciple (342) May 9, 2011 Michigan

I’ve got my 3 favorite styles on tap right now- Pils, Saison, and IPA. The Pils is a traditional German pils. The saison is a grisette, hopped with Crystal and Mandarina (great hop combo for saison by the way). The IPA is a kettle sour (goodbelly), with Amarillo and Denali, and WLP644.

14. loebrygg

Nelson Saison

[​IMG]

marknu1, Soneast, argock and 3 others like this.
  15. loebrygg

[​IMG]

Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout Ardbeg BA

16. makisupapolice14

First pour of my lil' mo' mild neipa. 2.76% (yes that's correct) with mosaic, citra and Cascade in a 2:1:1 in whirpool and double dry hopped. Complex malt bill for an IPA and it paid off for this quencher. 1318 yeast. Only been carbonatinf for a few days but asnfull bodied and flavorful as any ipa ive brewed. Excited to see how it develops. Looks liks The experiment paid off! Cheers!
    [​IMG]

Supergenious, Lukass, Soneast and 6 others like this.
  17. Prep8611

Prep8611 Aspirant (246) Aug 22, 2014 New Jersey

Nailed the color, Grats

makisupapolice14 likes this.
  18. makisupapolice14

Schwarzer hund schwarzbier. 4.9%. crisp, smooth with a nice hint of roast. 34/70 at lower ale temps. My first dark lager and placed second in the local aha comp in dark malty lager category. One of my favorites and will brew again soon!

[​IMG]

19. invertalon

@makisupapolice14

Looks awesome! I have only brewed one Schwarzbier but it was oh, so good. May end up doing another relatively soon... Love the faint roast and crispness of this style.

makisupapolice14 likes this.
  20. pweis909

pweis909 Poo-Bah (1,748) Aug 13, 2005 Wisconsin
    Premium

Put the Cheesewick Bitter on tap to replace the dry hopped kettle sour. The English-style hops from 47 hops (US Fuggles, Willamette, Styrian celeia) are delivering on earthy hay notes. Not sure I really dig it, but it is a change of pace. Something to ponder.

Prep8611 likes this.
  21. wasatchback

wasatchback Aspirant (266) Jan 12, 2014 Utah

Made a modern hazy IPA a few weeks back that uses none of the predetermined processes or I ngredients that people think are necessary for the style and it turned out great. Tried to maximize the orangey hops and it’s very orange forward.

2 row/GP
    10% Carafoam
    Kettle Finngs
    Riwaka/Galena/Bravo hotside
    007/Bravo/Mandarina DH
    Mostly Gypsum, no CaCl/ Some NaCl

Dry hop was added after yeast had flocked and beer was completely clear.

It’s soft, juicy and hazy as hell

No wheat, oats, biotransformation hopping, 1318, CaCl, etc.

Interestingly enough the DH charge caused enough fermentation to naturally carbonate it in the keg which was a plus.

I’d ditch the Galena next time

Lukass, Prep8611 and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  22. VikeMan

VikeMan Meyvn (1,462) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania

Any pics?

23. wasatchback

Is there a way to easily post a photo to this forum or does it have to be hosted somewhere?

24. GetMeAnIPA

4.4% citra and mosaic session Ale. You could call it a hoppy blonde? Super drinkable with some nice hops on the nose and flavor but no bitterness.

25. VikeMan

Has to be hosted. Imgur works nicely.

GetMeAnIPA and Prep8611 like this.
  26. GetMeAnIPA

I second imgur. I use my iPhone excusicely for visiting BA and the imgur app is super easy. Not sure about a PC or laptop.

27. wasatchback

Imgur loaded

Lukass, Jesse14, Soneast and 3 others like this.
  28. Maestro0708

Maestro0708 Aspirant (218) Feb 27, 2015 Kentucky

[​IMG]

American IPA

2 row
    Munich
    Carapils

Hops were Simcoe-Columbus 2:1

Jesse14, Soneast and skleice like this.
  29. VikeMan

Nice! And no flaked grains. How long ago was this dry hopped? I think a lot of us will be interested to know how long it stays hazy.

FWIW, the best way to embed the link is to copy imgur's "Direct Link" (the one that ends in .jpg or whatever format the picture is in) and put that in an "Image" tag in the BA post. When you copy one of imgur's other links and put it in a "Media" tag in the BA post, some people won't be able to see it in their browsers. Here's @wasatscback's pic for those who couldn't see it before.

[​IMG]

Soneast likes this.
  30. VikeMan

skleice likes this.
  31. wasatchback

Advise on the pic noted. If I had added even a small amount of hops with even a little fermentation to go it wouldn’t ever clear. It depends on the hop variety but any of the Aussie hops will create permanent haze. I’ve got another beer on tap with no flaked adjuncts, just base malt, Carafoam, and a small amount of higher SRM crystal, that had .5oz of Galaxy added at 1.018 and it’s been in the keg for more than a month with zero change in haze. That specific one I chilled to 60 and dropped as much yeast as possible over two days beofre dry hopping at 60 for 4 days then lagering for a week. I feel like if you don’t fine any beer with the high polyphenol Aussie hops needs to be lagered to get rid of the chalky, harsh aspect that they add.

Carafoam is higher in protein and Rahr 2 Row is especially high so you don’t need the flaked adjuncts for haze. None of the core Treehouse beers use flaked adjuncts (or any wheat or oats) and look at a lot of the recent Perm beers from Trillium that don’t use any adjuncts and they’re hazy as hell.

VikeMan likes this.
  32. loebrygg

IPA Columbus Amarillo Saaz

[​IMG]

Soneast, invertalon, Prep8611 and 2 others like this.
  33. GetMeAnIPA

Could you not see mine? Some can and others can’t?

34. c64person

c64person Disciple (396) Mar 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Trader

Constantly brewing, constantly improving as I would like to say. Currently I have a re-fermented cranberry sour, racked onto 0.5lb of each blackberry and blueberries per gallon for this mixed berry sour. Tart, refreshing, and just a nice amount of tannins from the blueberries.

Perfect for the summer, and hope I can make another batch soon!

[​IMG]

hopsputin, frozyn, Eggman20 and 8 others like this.
  35. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (89) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Some pictures are particularly attractive, inviting and just overall pleasant. This is one of those pictures.

Lukass, Prep8611 and MrOH like this.
  36. VikeMan

I could see it in one out of three browsers. Explanation --> here <--

37. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Zealot (544) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

[​IMG]

Cherry Cordial Imperial Milk Stout

So, this is an imperial milk stout that has had a pint of rum that has had tart cherries aging in it for two years, vanilla beans, and 4 oz of cacao nibs.

It's pretty tasty.

hopsputin, Buck89, Mongrel and 10 others like this.
  38. TooHopTooHandle

TooHopTooHandle Initiate (84) Dec 20, 2016 New York

Just kegged my NEIPA "4th of July Juice"
    Mosaic, Eldorado, and Amarillo. Super juicy and has a peach, mango, apricot, and pineapple aroma with a slight darkness to it. Cant wait to see what this taste like in a couple weeks. I used my 8th generation London 1318 and it over attenuated a bit lol. I got around 85% AA. Took the beer down to 1.009, which is much lower than I like for this style.
    [​IMG]

39. Abk542

Abk542 Initiate (69) Sep 26, 2015 Michigan

Three taps cracked last week. My Mosaic, El Dorado, Galaxy and citra NEIPA. My mango juice citra mosaic mry hopped shandy. Last but not least a chocolate imperial coffee stout aged on banana and cocoa stout. Sorry there are no pictures all turned out Excellent!

pweis909 likes this.
  40. invertalon

No picture (I’ll get one this weekend when I do my formal photoshoot) but my Experimental Pale just tapped… At 5.6% ABV and 30 IBU, it was brewed with something like 95% Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter and 5% Flaked Wheat. White Labs “London Fog” yeast. Simple recipe to showcase the new hop I’ve never used.

Hopping was just Columbus and Experimental Stone Fruit (#06297). Columbus was lightly used, something like 1.0 oz total (.5oz as bittering addition, and .5oz used in the fermentation dry hop) while another 9oz of Experimental Stone Fruit was used for the whirlpool and both dry hops.

This is one really nice hop, to be honest. It didn’t disappoint! You get some citrus and definitely some of the sweet stone fruit character, like plum/peach/nectarine. It’s very enjoyable. No floral or pine, it’s fruity all the way. I’m glad I added a little Columbus for some dank/pungent notes to balance the sweet-fruit character, but I think it would stand on its own as well! The Maris Otter adds just enough complexity in the malt area to round it off nicely for as simple as it is. The low bitterness makes this a complete crusher.

Overall, would buy this hop again for sure. I can’t wait to use the rest of the 4-5oz in a future IPA/DIPA with some other awesome hops (A blend with say Columbus, Belma, Azacca, Galaxy and Citra would be quite epic, me thinks…).

Scope4Beer and skleice like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.