What homebrew are you drinking now?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by BILF, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 Minnesota

Thanks for the offer, but probably not for this brew. My wife will probably complain that it's too hoppy as-is.

2. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Champion (891) Feb 12, 2012 Georgia

[​IMG]

Berliner.. Finally took a picture of this keg. Enjoying it while watching the Masters with my kids, and smokin' a butt on the BGE for dinner.

3. FlowerPowerQueen724

FlowerPowerQueen724 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2014 New York

[​IMG]

IPA bittered with nugget and citra centennial and cascade used for flavor aroma and dry hop. Brewed this one on Boxing Day and still tasting pretty damn good. Brewed a best bitter this morning for summer. Still rationing our Irish red and month old all centennial ipa that is killing it right now!

4. kennyg

kennyg Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2007 Illinois

Just had a bomber of my FBS-ish clone that was out of this world at about 5mos age. Held back on some of the coffee, I'm very happy with this beer. Maybe I'll make it a yearly brew.

5. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (2,083) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

I did an fbs like clone as well and stepped up the coffee from sumatra and kona to espresso roast. I really wish I had left it as kona and sumatra. Next time I may just keep the flmeout additions as espresso and the kona will come in at botttling.

Anyhow, sipping on a wit I bottled up last weekend. The gravity sample tasted so damned good I couldn't wait the full two weeks. Corriander comes through nicely, but the clementines are what really shine. I put 3 lbs halved and juiced clementines into the 10 gallon batch at flameout instead of the orange peel. Despite all the negative feedback on this site and others about fermenting orange juice, I decided to go all fruit instead. Glad I did, the citrus makes this beer. Planning an all citra dipa as I drink this, part 2 of the K.U.S.H. series of pale ales. (Keep Us So Hoppy)

kennyg likes this.
  6. psnydez86

psnydez86 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

My first sour beer is finally in the keg!! Primaried with Dream Weaver yeast, secondary with JP, Bruery and RR dregs. Intensely sour, more acetic acid than I like, mildly funky, nice fruity nose from peaches and raspberries in secondary. Not too shabby at all for my first attempt.

[​IMG]

liamt07, od_sf, BeerKangaroo and 5 others like this.
  7. jae

jae Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2010 Washington

Nice! Congrats. Can't seem to keg my sours, as I want to dole them out slowly and miserly. What's up with that head? All of my sours have dreadful head retention.

8. psnydez86

Thanks! The pic was pretty much immediately after pouring. It doesn't stick around long.

9. shanesherman

shanesherman Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2014 California

Just finished up an American Wild Flower Honey Wheat.

10. FATC1TY

[​IMG]

Year old RIS aged with Pappy van Winkle bourbon/oak.

Yes, that glass says pint, no, it's not a pint, but a half pint. Tuesday night, doesn't deserve a large pour of a 14% beer. It's tasting pretty delicious after a year. Need to brew it again this year to get a vertical going.

11. MrOH

MrOH Poo-Bah (2,054) Jul 5, 2010 Malta
    Society

Revisiting the last batch of Export India Porter I made. Flavor and aroma hops have faded at this point, so it's entering the middle phase of the evolution. Chocolatey porter on the front of the tongue, english IPA on the back. Nice one for the 40 degree temp drop today.

BILF and BeerKangaroo like this.
  12. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,668) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

I'm drinking Waaaambulance ale. It's a commercial beer, available in any store, but you can only get it when you're completely out of homebrew. :rolling_eyes:

13. AlCaponeJunior

AlCaponeJunior Poo-Bah (2,668) May 21, 2010 Texas
    Society

Hey, great job reviewing your own beer, and not giving it a huge rating! Really a 3.5 ain't a bad beer, at least the way I rate things (attempting to do them according to the guidelines set forth on this site). There are plenty of 3.5 beers I'll happily drink anytime. Yeah, we all could drink nothing but 5's all day long, but I've only ever given one beer a 5 (pushing 1100 reviews on BA), and that would get pretty boring. I like variety, and enjoy almost every style on a sort of rotating basis (heavier on my fav styles, of course).

You will make homebrews that are well over a four. Do a good job on making the APA IPA and you should be well over four.

14. BeerKangaroo

BeerKangaroo Initiate (0) May 30, 2011 Alaska
    Deactivated

Trying to clear out some homebrew bottles to make something new in the near future.

My "Late Winter Ale" is actually still drinking fairly good.

[​IMG]

CurtFromHershey, JohnSnowNW and BILF like this.
  15. jbakajust1

jbakajust1 Crusader (777) Aug 25, 2009 Oregon

iPA with Dubliner Irish Cheddar, Cypress Grove Humbolt Fog, new BYO Sour edition, and GI Joe Retaliation.

[​IMG]

16. Acrid

Acrid Initiate (0) Dec 15, 2013 California

Batch #004 ipa . Magnum , Amarillo citra n cascade 60 min .

CurtFromHershey likes this.
  17. b-one

b-one Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2013 California

Son of FUBAR. Again and still.

18. prevatt28

prevatt28 Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2013 North Carolina

Cracked open a new batch of ordinary bitter last night. Very fruity up front with pear and a little banana. Slight hop bitterness in the middle and a wonderful biscuity bready finish.

Cheers

BILF likes this.
  19. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

For those of you posting pictures what site do you use to upload?

20. udubdawg

udubdawg Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2006 Kansas

Kansas governor signed our bill, so soon it will no longer be a crime for me to share my beer, take it from the home, for us to hold a competition, etc.
    Had some really fantastic homebrewed American IPA to celebrate, though I've moved on to a 2007 bottle of The Abyss. Fucking glorious.

cheers--
    --Michael

CurtFromHershey likes this.
  21. JohnSnowNW

imgur.com

jlordi12 likes this.
  22. bushycook

bushycook Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2011 Virginia

Just cracked open a test bottle of the first saison I've ever brewed, hop bursted with Galaxy. It's tasting incredible, just needs a little more carb time.

jmich24 likes this.
  23. psnydez86

I use the photobucket app. I can upload images taken from my phone onto the app, then copy and paste to BA.

BeerKangaroo, jbakajust1 and jlordi12 like this.
  24. VTBrewHound

VTBrewHound Aspirant (216) Jan 5, 2013 Vermont

Tried a week old bottle of Imperial IPA (First attempt at an IIPA)
    Simcoe, Ahtanum, Mosaic, El Dorado, Nelson Sauvin and Apollo hops and a 5 ounce dry hop for a week.
    Fruity and Juicy, just needs another week of carbonating.
    Watch out Heady!

BILF and bushycook like this.
  25. messyhair42

messyhair42 Initiate (113) Dec 30, 2010 Colorado

I cracked the first bottle (well, half bottle since it was the last one filled) of a new batch of California Common as a carb test, it turned out very good. Right now I have a belgian pale ale, recipe from BCS

BILF likes this.
  26. MrOH

MrOH Poo-Bah (2,054) Jul 5, 2010 Malta
    Society

Bourbon-soaked oak-aged wee heavy. Definitely a nightcap beer.

BeerKangaroo and BILF like this.
  27. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

[​IMG] 100% galaxy hopped amber ale. First brew using brew cipher and lights years ahead of what I've been crafting. Thanks Vike!

28. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Aspirant (297) Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

A nice organic Colombian Seynekun I roasted on Friday-very smooth flavor at medium roast.

29. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,223) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

An all grain Easter Saison brewed as an Arthur attempt.
    Drinking very nicely, pretty close to goal.

Cheers all

BILF and BeerKangaroo like this.
  30. iflah45

iflah45 Initiate (165) Jul 8, 2010 Massachusetts

[​IMG]
    Hydrometer sample of my hopped to the gills session ale (a la Boat Beer from Carton) Grain bill was Plisner malt as the base and about 20% white wheat. Also a little cara pils and flaked oats. Hopped with Nugget (bittering) and tons of late additions of Cascade, Nugget, and Zythos. Just added the first dry hop charge of Falconer's Flight. Looking and tasting good. Going to be a perfect late spring early summer crusher!

BeerKangaroo, BILF and jmich24 like this.
  31. koopa

koopa Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2008 New Jersey

Underhopped IPA (as opposed to my typical Overhopped IPA) with Nelson, Mosaic, and Amarillo. At least now I know for next time where the middle is :slight_smile:

BeerKangaroo, BILF and MrOH like this.
  32. augiecarton

augiecarton Initiate (198) Oct 22, 2010 New Jersey
    Society

well its pretty that's for sure, you gonna bring some by on a Sunday when it's finished?

33. iflah45

iflah45 Initiate (165) Jul 8, 2010 Massachusetts

I would if I made it down your way more often! I was just down in Avalon visiting family and I grabbed a bunch of Boat on the way down and on the way home too.

Going to do a side by side once it's finished. Here's the recipe I hacked up (partial mash). Am I in the ballpark, in terms of a clone of the real deal? It's a phenomenal beer!

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/122665/yacht-ale

34. jmich24

jmich24 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 Michigan

50/50 blend of my Cherry Flanders and BSDA.

Damp basement, leather, barnyard, sweet tarts, cherries, plums, raisin, delicious!

BalancingBrooms, koopa and BILF like this.
  35. DocT

DocT Initiate (0) May 14, 2009 Idaho

Right now I'm finishing off a glass of IPA. Was supposed to be similar to (or a "clone" of) Widmere's Broken Halo, but it tastes very close to Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Good beer no doubt but I miss Broken Halo, maybe I'll contact Widmere and try to persuade them to hand out a homebrew recipe...

36. JohnSnowNW

[​IMG]

Drinking the 3rd to last bottle of my Heather Saison.

(Taking a one handed pic with my smartphone is annoying as hell)

#716 JohnSnowNW, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    CurtFromHershey and BeerKangaroo like this.
  37. BILF

BILF Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2010 Israel
    Deactivated

Gruit Ale bittered with wild sage and cardamon.

[​IMG]

38. CurtFromHershey

CurtFromHershey Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2012 Minnesota

Honey nut brown ale... cheers!

[​IMG]

39. FATC1TY

[​IMG]

Amarillo and Simcoe blonde

liamt07, mpyoung215, Mongrel and 4 others like this.
  40. Fireslayer

Fireslayer Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Wisconsin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.