What Is the Most Difficult Beer, In a CAN, That You Have Finished or Tried to Finish?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by woodychandler, May 13, 2016.

1. montman

montman Devotee (402) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Surprisingly we could not finish Tired Hands Death Tripper last night. I was excited to try it and now after checking the reviews, I think maybe something was wrong with my two cans. It was brown, and I've had plenty of cloudy/hazy IPAs, but this could only be described as brown/muddy. Just tasted weird and couldn't really discern Galaxy.
    Ah well, win some, lose some.

2. red94tt

red94tt Disciple (393) Nov 27, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

PBR tall boy....by the time you get to the last few ounces, it's unfinishable for me.

3. The-Adjunct-Hippie

The-Adjunct-Hippie Poo-Bah (2,888) May 12, 2014 Iowa
    Beer Trader

What an odd thread. And odd first post.

I guess I don't really pay attention whether it's in a can or bottle. Beer is beer regardless.

What's with the obsessive puns?

4. red94tt

red94tt Disciple (393) Nov 27, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Dude has an obsession with cans, this must be your first woodychandler thread.

5. Angerhaus

Angerhaus Crusader (710) Oct 1, 2015 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Big Flats

eLMsITYbUM likes this.
  6. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Zealot (580) Mar 28, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

You mean you CAN't finish reading.

red94tt likes this.
  7. Beertsipper

Beertsipper Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2008 New York

Troegenator Double Bock. Horrible...

8. CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy Initiate (127) Jan 10, 2015 California
    Beer Trader

A nice cold Buck Range Light is the second worst thing I've ever had...the worst being a Buck Range Light that has warmed up.

9. mgross50

mgross50 Initiate (130) Apr 15, 2004 New York

Yeah that green Fosters is Crappy!

10. SteelCranium

SteelCranium Initiate (132) Jul 1, 2010 Ohio

Pig's Eye Pilsner in Ely Minnesota after a week-long boundary waters canoe trip. Grabbed a bunch of cans that we haven't had/never heard of from a local shop. The Pig's Eye made everything else in the set taste better, including Hamms and Grain Belt.

11. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Initiate (141) Dec 13, 2012 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

12. Evangaline

Evangaline Initiate (110) Oct 25, 2017 Ontario (Canada)

Getting even to the half way mark is a chore. It tastes like it was brewed with dead animals.

13. HopsDubosc

HopsDubosc Aspirant (203) Apr 24, 2015 Vermont
    Beer Trader

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22150/212159/

It was in a communal cooler, 4th of July, this year. I'd spent the day floating in the lake on an inner-tube drinking session IPAs, sours, and shandies. A pink can caught my eye on my 6th or 7th trip to the cooler. 'haven't tried this one yet' I thought and made my way back down to the lake. made it out, cracked the can, expected a refreshing swallow, and almost spit it out. On Fleek might be a good beer, but certainly not one that I could stomach under the beating sun on a summer day. it was probably the only drain pour, um lake pour?, of my life.

14. colts9016

colts9016 Poo-Bah (1,943) Jul 2, 2007 Idaho
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I had this beer called Pub Beer. Just a white can with pub beer on it. It had so much DMS in it, I just could not stomach it anymore.

15. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (1,833) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Premium Member Beer Trader

I think we've all had bad beers or bad batches in the past but for me those were individual occurrences. I haven't found the entire line from any professional brewery to be so awful as to be undrinkable.

VABA and TongoRad like this.
  16. Leebo

Leebo Initiate (178) Feb 7, 2013 Massachusetts

Good stout? Turn in yout beer card.

17. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Zealot (525) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Premium Member

I figure my luck is bound to run out eventually, but I've yet to have a beer that was so bad it was a drain pour. I have had a few though that were a bit of a chore, and if I had more than one in the house they lingered, deliberately passed over repeatedly for more enjoyable beers and never to be purchased again. Falling into that category:
    Brooklyn East India Pale Ale (medicinally bitter - the only PA/IPA I've ever disliked),
    Evil Twin Tropical 'Itch Berlinerweiss (still haven't developed a taste for tart beers)
    Belhaven Nitro Scottish Ale (don't care for the 'flatness' of nitro beers in general).

18. Leebo

Did you see and taste it again?

19. matcris

matcris Savant (950) Sep 17, 2015 Arizona

Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale. God awful rotten meat taste.

VABA likes this.
  20. Leebo

So college, 'nuff said. 1/4 keg bud race. That's 7.5 gallons, guys teams of 7, gals teams of 10. Officials, whistles, etc. Spillage of any kind( including puking) resulted in a penalty box timeout for that team member before going the team again. Penalty was a warm tallboy schlitz. My puke was really only a foam burp, then the schlitz, then back to the bud. We won in 42 minutes, prize? 15 cases of bud, winning.

21. HopsDubosc

HopsDubosc Aspirant (203) Apr 24, 2015 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Did you go to B.C.? Definitely have some memories visiting friends there and keg racing.

22. Leebo

Fitchburg State. Armpit of MA. But good times.

23. Urk1127

Urk1127 Meyvn (1,337) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Havent seen it since.

24. 25Comical

25Comical Initiate (114) Oct 3, 2017 Illinois

A buddy and I were given an open 12 pack of Red White and Blue with just 11 cans in it. That should have been our first indication there was a problem.

25. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (1,563) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

Our water faucet is broken, so send them cans my way, I'll finish them off for you, after all, I have to stay hydrated! :grinning:

tacosandbeer likes this.
  26. teal

teal Initiate (77) May 3, 2012 Wisconsin

Hamms.

I literally ended up drinking it while sitting on the toilet. Straight shot....

VABA likes this.
  27. VABA

VABA Poo-Bah (1,563) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia

Talk about saving water and recycling! :grinning:

tacosandbeer and Tripel_Threat like this.
  28. dcall384

dcall384 Aspirant (249) Aug 9, 2011 Indiana

Clear Creek Ice. Tasted like bud light with a shot of rubbing alcohol poured in it.

29. dogleg_left

dogleg_left Aspirant (229) May 12, 2016 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I just CAN't finish a Drunken Vigils solo, but I CAN share. Can shares should be a thing.