What is your Christmas Day beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by officerbill, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teal

teal Initiate (92) May 3, 2012 Wisconsin

Decided on Leffe this year.

Haven't hit the Belgian Blondes as much as I should this year so Leffe it is.

2. Peach63

Peach63 Disciple (337) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society

Sam Adams Utopias!

dcotom, GOBLIN, tobelerone and 11 others like this.
  3. Peach63

Peach63 Disciple (337) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society

Egg Nog is good with a touch of spiced rum in it! :stuck_out_tongue: And how about good ole "Tom & Jerry's"?

4. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (4,333) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

The whole bottle? :astonished:

5. JediMasterLenin

JediMasterLenin Disciple (302) Dec 25, 2018 District of Columbia

Suppose it's worth mentioning that I have a bottle of Just So Happens It's Tuesday for Christmas eve, as it just so happens Christmas eve is Tuesday.

6. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,386) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

This. And some 2019 BA yeti. And if I am still standing... maybe 2018 BA dark star

7. SFACRKnight

Trader

what year? this years offereing is pretty hot compared to years past.

Peach63, bluejacket74 and Bitterbill like this.
  8. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,619) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Was looking for a 2019 BA Dark Star, but could not find one.

Cheers!

9. drunkenmess

drunkenmess Champion (876) Mar 27, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Nice.
    Well played, sir :beers:

10. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Initiate (137) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Lakefront Black Friday Fruitcake! Strong ale made with orange, cherry, and cranberry aged in rum barrels. If not Xmas day then when?!

11. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,053) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Somewhat similar on my end:
    Double Stack with breakfast
    Celebration sprinkled in throughout the day
    2016 Jolly Rodger for dessert.

SFACRKnight, Glider, Tilley4 and 2 others like this.
  12. MikeWard

MikeWard Poo-Bah (1,890) Sep 14, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Society

We have a tradition of leaving a brew with some cookies for Santa. This year, it'll be Founders Imperial Stout. Santa is a lucky man.........

13. shadyside

shadyside Defender (623) Feb 27, 2011 Georgia
    Society

There will be a couple of Three Philosophers in there somewhere.

14. BeardedWalrus

BeardedWalrus Disciple (396) Jun 5, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

Gonna crack open the magnum of St Bernardus Abt 12 I've been holding on to, hopefully it's a big hit because I can't drink 1.5 litres of 10% beer.

Peach63, SABERG, SFACRKnight and 5 others like this.
  15. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Savant (918) Nov 18, 2013 Texas

Gotta 12 pack of Shiner Cheer. We had it at the beer dinner and it was pretty good.

16. socon67

socon67 Poo-Bah (2,158) Jun 18, 2010 New York
    Society

I had some Mad Elf this weekend wrapping presents, and might have one for Christmas Day. Hoping the family we visit on Christmas Eve has the Sam Adams Winter pack so I can stake claim to the Fezziwigs.

Peach63, SFACRKnight, Glider and 2 others like this.
  17. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,116) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Whatever's in my fridge that day; unless I can find a dark boozy stout around here. Hmmm...
    Might have to look for some soon.

18. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,325) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Damn, sorry about that, has to be the worst circumstances known to man.

officerbill and rozzom like this.
  19. nc41

Society Trader

I’ve got a few big boy Stouts from @ovaltine. I’m off tomorrow and I’m Chief Chef for tomorrow, wife’s works to 3. I suppose by then I’ll be buzzed as hell, luckily I’m making homemade raviolis with hot sausage and homemade meatballs. So easy cooking and lots of beer, whiskey, Gin. I’m thinking that Darkness will be saved for tomorrow night and Xmas Vacation.

bstyle, Peach63, Shaymus and 5 others like this.
  20. officerbill

officerbill Devotee (452) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

Well, certainly not with that attitude :wink:

21. nc41

Society Trader

How do you know that you cant, have you ever tried? That’s 51 oz of beer. That’s less beer than drinking a 4 pk of 16 oz big boy DIPAs. The 64 oz of ipa would about offset the 50 on a bit higher 12. I want pictures, lol, certainly doable given the proper time, makes for an epic story though.

22. PittBeerGirl

PittBeerGirl Poo-Bah (1,960) Feb 27, 2007 Ohio
    Society Trader

Back in 2011 I was still trading beer and got hooked up with 50/50 Elijah Craig and decided to share it with my then boyfriend and dad on Christmas and it is both of their favorite beer memory.

Fastfoward to 2019. I got 4 different variants for my husband for Christmas. He will probably want high west but he might go for peanut butter honey.

bstyle, dcotom and officerbill like this.
  23. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,368) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

So, yesterday I decided to buy myself a Christmas present of a 6-pack of Mad Elf.

Here is the first bottle of that 6-pack:

[​IMG]

I hope y’all will find your preferred beers underneath your Christmas tree.

Cheers!

dcotom, Peach63, GringoJack and 3 others like this.
  24. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,911) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

That's a solid choice ..... Dark Lord would be, too.

officerbill likes this.
  25. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (2,911) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I'm gonna be visiting my Mom and family in Dayton, so I'm thinking an Ohio beer ..... and I just happen to have Great Lakes 30th Anniversary Beer, aka The Imperial Oyster Stout.

26. StoutAtTheDevil

StoutAtTheDevil Zealot (583) Nov 17, 2013 Alabama
    Trader

Always have a SA Holiday Porter and Old Fezziwig, and if time permits, a Samichlaus.

PapaGoose03 and officerbill like this.
  27. Ffenski

Ffenski Devotee (404) Apr 24, 2008 Ohio
    Society

Westvleteren 12- with 2 AAL fans. I got 2 bottles a couple months ago and have been cellaring one for a special occasion. I have debated about breaking this open with my brother and stepson, who would both prefer Old Mil Light or similar, or save it for someone who would appreciate it more. They probably won't like it and I might even hear "people actually enjoy this," but I want them to taste what a 'real' beer tastes like, and this is the best of the style. And with Westy and the other Trappists it's not just enjoying the flavors but it's also the "it's been brewed for centuries by monks who don't even drink it" history of it.

As a bonus they will have some street cred when they find themselves in a conversation with someone who is beer-knowledgeable! But when it comes down to it, I am saving it for a special occasion, and Christmas day with family is about as special as you can get.

And of course I do have a 12 of Old Mil Light to cleanse their palates. :laughing:

dcotom, SABERG and officerbill like this.
  28. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (264) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

How is it this year? It's not my favorite beer but I do try to have at least one every year.

29. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Poo-Bah (6,425) Feb 20, 2009 Washington
    Society

For the first time in nearly a decade, I'm not sure what I will be having. I've kept a tradition of having one of the The Bruery's 12 days of Christmas beers for as long as I can remember. This year, I have not seen a single bottle of this year's 12 Drummers Drumming yet. Ironically, since this year is the last of the series, I will have to choose a new tradition next year anyway.
    The good news is that this has been a bumper crop year for BA stouts, so I know I will figure out something nice. Or as many others here have suggested, I'll grab a classic Belgian for the job, the photo of the St. Bernardus at the top of this chat sure looks good.

SABERG, jakecattleco and officerbill like this.
  30. Wasatch

Society Trader

Wish I could find this fuckr' again.:slight_smile::sunglasses:

Gouden Carolus Cuvée Van De Keizer Imperial Dark Brouwerij Het Anker

Cheers!

SABERG and Tilley4 like this.
  31. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,180) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Yes!!!! I haven't seen that beer in years....used to buy that every time I saw it

Wasatch likes this.
  32. Wasatch

Society Trader

I believe I've only had it once, but I'm not sure. 2006 Vintage back on 6 Jan 08, very underrated.

Cheers!

Tilley4 likes this.
  33. SFACRKnight

Trader

BA ueti has been scratching that itch, and mephistopheles is back. And baptist variants. Shouldn't be an issue.

Tilley4 likes this.
  34. readyski

readyski Aspirant (256) Jun 4, 2005 California
    Trader

Guess I gotta do the CBS for breakfast since that's now a thing. Celebration during the day and BCBS/variant after dinner.

35. Immanuelrx

Immanuelrx Initiate (34) Jan 20, 2019 Belgium
    Trader

Got one sitting my garage. Come to Belgium and you can buy a whole case. I actually have only tried the whiskey infused version. I picked up the dark and the blonde a few weeks ago to give them a try.

I’ll probably go with the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale tomorrow followed by a lambic of some sort.

Wasatch likes this.
  36. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,139) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Maybe I'll pop a Drie Kriek in the fridge. I already have a couple Drie bottles in there, but Kriek seems more Christmassy.

OEC?

Tilley4 likes this.
  37. Tilley4

Society Trader

Exactly my plans...bomber of CBS in the AM with Bentons bacon and a Kringle from Wisconsin...Celebration most of the day....Mon Cheri tomorrow night with some homemade coconut cake...

38. Tilley4

Society Trader

I have a few bottles of the Old Stock somewhere in the closet...I like this idea...2014 I think?

CaptainHate and Glider like this.
  39. biiru_ojisan

biiru_ojisan Initiate (152) Dec 22, 2018 Japan

Picked up the a bottle of Anchor's Christmas beer yesterday, fitting that I make that my Christmas beer.

SABERG likes this.
  40. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,368) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

This bottle was pretty good. A few days ago I had it on draft and for some reason that draft glass tasted much better for me.

Cheers!

ESHBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.