What is your favorite BMC beer to drink?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by raynmoon, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesskidden

jesskidden Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

That's not what they think:

2. Dennoman

Dennoman Aug 20, 2011 Belgium

No idea how I always thought that, just double-checked and you're right :D Good stuff either way, cheap and easy to get!
  3. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Dec 6, 2012

ice cold budweiser from the can and the can only....ice cold.
  4. racer2k

racer2k May 21, 2004 Massachusetts

Water please...
  5. Irishize75

Irishize75 Nov 4, 2012 California

I'll get down with The Champagne of Beers on occasion. I used to love Colt when I was in my early 20's, but when I tried to get all nostalgic with one recently, it tasted like it was aged in barrels of duck butter.
  6. njhopspop

njhopspop Oct 17, 2010 New Jersey

Bass Ale
    seakayak and Reinbeck11 like this.
  7. doppletheGOAT

doppletheGOAT Nov 27, 2012 Texas

I quit drinking BMC shortly after I started drinking craft beer. I won't touch BMC but if I had to choose I would go with Bud.
  8. bassist286

bassist286 Aug 12, 2008 Massachusetts

njhopspop and Dools9 like this.
  9. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

I had a Michelob Porter a few years ago that was pretty good. The downside was that it came in a sampler 12 pack with 9 beers that really sucked.
  10. Eastside151

Eastside151 Jun 29, 2012 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I normally (meaning never) drink Budweiser, tonight I did because my buddy gave me one for the cap (which says OHIO) to add to my collection. I can't believe how f-ing tasteless it is... That people spend money for that crap and call it good beer. Anyway after making this post too long, my choice is Molson Canadian.
  11. BrownNut

BrownNut Jul 11, 2011 Florida

Die. Die! Why won't this thread die?! Every BMC is somebody's favorite BMC.
    RobertColianni likes this.
  12. RobertColianni

RobertColianni Nov 4, 2008 Pennsylvania

Spaten Oktoberfest. Blue Moon Pumpkin is pretty decent, too. On tap, it's hard to beat with pumpkins.
  13. Tut

Tut Sep 23, 2004 New York

They all taste the same to me, but the term has always meant mass produced, adjunct, light lagers - which they all are.
  14. BrianTheBrewer30

BrianTheBrewer30 Nov 17, 2009 Massachusetts

Goose Island BCBS
  15. Biffster

Biffster Mar 29, 2004 Michigan

I dont think its fair to include the Basses and Guinesses of the world. Just because they are big doesnt put them in the same league as the Beer that America Invented (tm).

Of the low hopped, light, spritzy, adjunct laden beers, I gotta go with PBR, or Michelob. Stella and Heineken (in cans or no draft) get an Honorable Mention.
  16. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Dec 1, 2012

I went to my aunts house for thanksgiving and all she had was Coors. Drank a couple in a frosty mug and they were actually pretty tasty.
  17. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Dec 14, 2011 Arizona

Some of the Widmer stuff is pretty good (SXNW was amazingly delicious) but other than that, nothing really. I haven't had a chance to try BCBS though.
  18. marquis

marquis Nov 20, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Worthington White Shield from Coors.
    An IPA said to date back to 1829 or something , Coors has invested in the Museum Brewery and it makes some good stuff.Including Bass No1 Barley Wine but I haven't actually found any of that yet.
  19. brianthelion23

brianthelion23 May 21, 2012 California

Come on guys we can't say big company's are all bad. That's like saying apple computers etc are shitty because some of ther policies are questionable or out right wrong. I like rolling rock at 7 $ a sick pack and blue moon and coors yellow bellies
  20. JediMatt

JediMatt Jun 18, 2010 Iowa

Sure we can. I find Inbev's business practices to be questionable, their marketing tactics to be reprehensible in many cases, and most of their products to be quite inferior. Therefore, I consider them to be a "bad" company and do not buy any of their products. I also don't buy MillerCoors products.

If we're talking an AAL, I would go with Grainbelt. Pretty tasty after a day working in the yard. :)
  21. brianthelion23

brianthelion23 May 21, 2012 California

Well if apple made bad prosucts we wouldn't buy them either but I phones are huge just like bmc contacts brewers that make a quality beer
  22. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Mar 26, 2011 California

Bud's Pliny, Miller's Dale's Pale and Coor's Racer X.
  23. CoverMePorkins

CoverMePorkins Sep 17, 2012 Delaware
    Beer Trader

For the AAL it would be High Life or Coors.

For a brand owned by one of BMC it would be Leffe Brune.
  24. acelin

acelin Feb 14, 2009 Kansas

MMM American beer.
    tolar111 likes this.
  25. 311kevin

311kevin Dec 13, 2011 New Jersey

Hoegaarden and Leffe aren't bad. Coors heavy works well for drinking games.
  26. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Dec 9, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Genesee Cream Ale. Still tastes like it did in prehistoric [pre-BeerAdvocate] times.
  27. ChanChan

ChanChan Dec 12, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

28. mweso2000

mweso2000 Apr 10, 2010 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Every once in a while I cando a bud light or miller light.
  29. Reinbeck11

Reinbeck11 Aug 15, 2012 Iowa

seakayak likes this.
  30. seakayak

seakayak May 20, 2007 Massachusetts

We did a blind taste test last summer between Bud, Miller High Life, PBR, and Old Milwaukee.
    Old Milwaukee won hands down and remained the favorite after all were finished.
    BeerBob likes this.
  31. lucasj82

lucasj82 Aug 13, 2009 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I like Budlight Lime in the summer and it usually available when out golfing.
  32. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer May 9, 2003 Massachusetts

Ice cold Miller lite from the can on a hot summer day after mowing the lawn. Clean & chuggable.
  33. IrishHockey

IrishHockey Oct 12, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Coors light when I'm broke or at a BBQ and have to drive home, and my guilty pleasure Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin (I stock piled some for over the winter)
  34. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Oct 25, 2012 Kentucky

Boulevard beers are $7.25 a sixer here. Much better than Rolling Rock.
  35. haddon

haddon Jul 13, 2009 Kentucky

several times a Summer, I'll grab a Budweiser tall boy to drink right after I mow the lawn. A most enjoyable experience.
  36. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin
    ¡Bad Trader! Beer Trader

PBR is a very solid beer in my book and would enjoy one at anytime. Also, Leinnes Berryweiss is another that I enjoy.
    beercanman likes this.
  37. Treyliff

Treyliff Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Beer Trader

Bud Light Lime
    Pairs perfectly with a hot summer day at the pool or camping.
  38. Tut

Tut Sep 23, 2004 New York

Like in the 60's? I drank plenty of it then and it was considered crap, even by us.
  39. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Jan 31, 2005 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Out of the "Lites" I can only handle Miller Lite.
  40. beercanman

beercanman Dec 17, 2012 Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!