What kind of collector are you?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Immortale25, Dec 7, 2013.

?

What do you collect?

1. Bottles

74 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Glassware

163 vote(s)
    70.3%
  3. Labels

36 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Bottlecaps

110 vote(s)
    47.4%
  5. Other

48 vote(s)
    20.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Immortale25

Immortale25 Poo-Bah (3,011) May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Trader

What kind of beer memorabilia do you collect? I'm mainly a bottle collector. I currently have about 500. I have a decent amount of glassware but not enough to consider me a collector. I don't collect labels at all and my girlfriend collects bottle caps. If you choose "other" please post with what you do collect. Thank you.

Greywulfken and Jerseyislandbeer like this.
  2. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 California

vintage signs

BoneyardBrewer and JEdmund like this.
  3. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2007 New York

I have all listed above plus signs ,tap handles, coasters , posters , hats , shirts....Got a couple bobble heads even .
    Got pins and buttons too..Openers . Hell if its beer related I probably have it in one form or another.

4. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,214) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium

I collect everything in the list, and the 'other' is primarily coasters, and six-pack carriers. I also have some stickers and pins.

HopBelT, creepinjeeper and Zaphog like this.
  5. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Poo-Bah (12,629) Mar 18, 2010 California

Mainly bottlecaps.

BalancingBrooms likes this.
  6. rick_91709

rick_91709 Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2013 California

I collect cans, painted bottles (like Stone), old bock beer posters, bottle caps from beers I have drunk, and glassware from breweries I visit.

7. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (346) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Glassware primarily, but I just started within the past year. Likely have 100+ stemmed glasses.
    I do save all my caps for a project down the road. Stickers are filling up my beer fridge. I don't do coasters.
    Some bottles are being kept but I need to cull that pile.
    And some cases, printed shippers, big boxes are being stored (with beer in them) in the cellar.

8. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Meyvn (1,452) Jan 26, 2013 Ontario (Canada)

Glassware is where I am headed, but I am also collecting bottle openers to my wife's dismay. She is of the belief that one does not need more than one bottle opener.

9. jermsumm

jermsumm Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2009 Alabama

caps, caps, caps and caps

10. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts

Vintage beer signs from Belgium. Mostly Trappist in my collection, but looking for all brewery related signs, flags, etc.

11. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2013 California

All things beer. Guess my favorite.

12. jermsumm

jermsumm Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2009 Alabama

Foam scrapers?

13. Infinite1

Infinite1 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Pictures.. I take pictures of almost every brew I drink with the glass used

14. PatrickInAustinTx

PatrickInAustinTx Disciple (365) Nov 16, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Tap handles.

I also collect the calories haha.

15. PatrickInAustinTx

PatrickInAustinTx Disciple (365) Nov 16, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Good answer!

creepinjeeper and Infinite1 like this.
  16. MarkoNm

MarkoNm Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2013 Slovenia

mactrail and BalancingBrooms like this.
  17. NickMunford

NickMunford Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2006 Wyoming

Primarily glassware (including growlers). And getting into coasters by default, because they're usually free, easy to accumulate and take up little space.

But I take pictures of bottles, caps, etc. and all kinds of other stuff to share on my FB page.

18. nickmantia

nickmantia Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Massachusetts

I collect stickers,coasters and bottle openers. I have a ton of caps as well, but the three mentioned here are what I mainly collect.

19. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Poo-Bah (3,422) Dec 13, 2009 New York

i collect lost (blacked out) hours of my life after tastings.

RBCORCORAN likes this.
  20. jmw

jmw Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 North Carolina

Wire loop openers ranging from the 20s and 30s up until roughly the 80s when a few were still being made. E-series mainly. And the history of the brewery that goes with it.

21. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2012 Missouri

I save the bottle cap from every beer I drink, take a picture if it's a new beer and, I am starting to collect bottle openers, too.

BlueRogue likes this.
  22. SixPints

SixPints Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Ohio

Hi All,

New to the forums and was just looking around.

I'm not really a collector of anything anymore as I'm trying to streamline my life... but I do have a lot of glasses and coasters from the last few years, and a pile of caps because I wanted to see how they mount up. I also was saving (and just threw out) a shoebox where I was keeping widgets (the nitrus filled balls in cans of Boddingtons and etc.).

In the 1970's I was a collector of cans and had a great collection that was in the thousands with a huge amount of trading stock. We mostly had flat tops and cone tops because it was so much easier to go to shows and things with fewer cans. I do still have the beer can price guides from those days in my library. It's actually a golf library, but I've started adding books about brewing and pubs (history and architecture and etc.)

I can tell you that stuff adds up.

23. SirBottlecap

Widgets? Widgets? And I thought I had a problem...

24. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Initiate (0) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts

brewery shirts and hoodies.

25. phreak1983

phreak1983 Initiate (0) Aug 12, 2008 Iowa

I collect bottle openers and I save my empty bottles and cans that were rare, hard to obtain, cool looking, and just excellent tasting, and I save all of my bottle caps (I'm working on filling a five gallon bucket).

26. jeffjeff1

jeffjeff1 Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2009 California

I collect bottles, glassware, shirts and I just got my first two tap handles today.

27. Aleforme

Aleforme Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2008 Washington

I collect just about everything except tap handles and bottles.

I try to pick up glasses from each brewery I visit as well as stickers and coasters. I collected a ton of coasters that I pick up everytime we're at a bar/restuarant. Hundred and hundreds. I also rarely drink out of any of my beer glasses excpet for a few that I keep around just for that purpose.

Over the past year, I have been starting to collect bottle openers. I tend to pick up or buy unique new and old openers. It's amazing what some vintage openers are going for right now. I've seen little church key openers from small old breweries selling for $50 to $100. I tend to look for cool stuff that's farily cheap. I think the most I have spent is about $20.

28. Rob315

Rob315 Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Kentucky

I mainly collect glassware and bottles, but also six pack carriers.

29. MyWallet

MyWallet Initiate (27) Apr 27, 2012 Maryland

I buy select glasses from breweries I respect (thus the Deschutes and 3F teku, but not LA).

I collect Bell's memorabilia, mainly labels and all of their variants. I recently crossed 150 different labels.
    These are cheap and easy to store/display.

30. LODGE4

LODGE4 Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2012 Florida

Bottle openers from breweries. Especially keychain bottle openers. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jerseyislandbeer likes this.
  31. BJSmit

BJSmit Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 Netherlands

I collect the caps, I started approx 1.5 year ago. Most of them are European (Dutch and Belgian), and some from earlier trips abroad.

[​IMG]

32. DrinkAnchorSteam

DrinkAnchorSteam Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Pennsylvania

Tap Handles mostly.

KendallKid likes this.
  33. Monkeyknife

Monkeyknife Poo-Bah (2,961) Jan 8, 2007 Missouri
    Premium Trader

I collect bombers and large bottles, cans, bottlecaps, and to a lesser extent, glassware. Thankfully, I have a basement to hold all of this.

34. mikecampbell411

mikecampbell411 Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2014 New Mexico

I collect glassware, I'm always looking for Sam Adams glasses, but I've got a couple of other nice ones. A small mug with the Bud Dry logo (although, sadly, it doesn't say Why Ask Why?) and a Magic Hat #9 pint that my wife got from a restaurant.

35. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Aspirant (245) Jan 13, 2006 New Mexico

Six pack holders, caps, labels and glassware. But I'm pretty strict about only keeping caps and labels from beers i've personally drunk, I've never been interested in just amassing caps and labels. Also I have several hundred glasses, mostly from Europe, and except for a very few special ones they all are in use at one time or another.
    The six pack holders will be wall paper for my garage/brewhouse/man cave, I really love the artwork on a lot of them.

tvoss99 likes this.
  36. Xtent

Xtent Initiate (154) Jan 16, 2013 California

Caps - Hoping to get enough together for a table.
    As of now tackers have been a big thing, at 18 at the moment.

37. brewseum

brewseum Initiate (99) Nov 11, 2004 Minnesota

38. LutherBrau

LutherBrau Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2014 Massachusetts

Just started with tap handles, only 5 so far. Sticking with domestic and German festbiers for now, but I will probably go after other German and Trappist brews eventually

creepinjeeper likes this.
  39. ColonelCash

ColonelCash Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 Tennessee

Caps, but this trend towards cans could derail that in the future.

40. SirBottlecap

Don't ever say that. Not even as a joke.