What Kind of WBAYDNer are You?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesings57, Nov 19, 2020.

?

What kind of BA are you?

1. AM Advocate

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Afternoon Delight

22 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. LNBA (Late Night Beer Advocate)

38 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. It Depends

55 vote(s)
    39.6%
  5. I Don't Care

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Defender (640) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

Being a LNBA (Late Night Beer Advocate) myself I am not sure if such acronyms exist for earlier first to post advocates and or mid-day/afternoon advocates. So I kinda just created place holder names for earlier and mid-day advocates for the poll. So what kind of "WBARDNer" are you and is their a particular acronym for you choice ?

2. Pinz412

Pinz412 Disciple (336) Nov 20, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I always want to have a beer in the afternoon, but often get distracted by other things. I find that most of my brews don't come until usually after 8pm for one reason or another. Weekends are a different story, but I still don't start too early.

3. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (2,828) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I chose “it depends” which means whenever I can get it in. For much of my life it would have been LNBA but now I’m old(er) and have a wife and toddler and a “straight job” (spent 20 years as a freelance musician in NYC) so 5pm is prime time to get started and if I’m Drinking , by 6 or 7 I mean business. Ideally I am asleep by 10, because it starts all over again around 6am - 7 days a week.

4. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,358) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

I have been enjoying posting mid-afternoon when I can and early evening. There is still part of me that miss when the thread was LNBA!

Singlefinpin, woemad, IKR and 8 others like this.
  5. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,817) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

My afternoons are often when I start, but the East Coast folks are well along the path, so I'm a combo of Afternoon Delight and Early Evening WBAYDNer.

Plus, let us not sully the memory of the OG, Old School, Bad Ass LNBA, by referring to the things that happen here now with that noble acronym.

Singlefinpin, woemad, IKR and 11 others like this.
  6. DEdesings57

Trader

I can totally understand that. I am not at that stage in my life yet but I am sure I would change my answer if I was.

7. beertunes

Society Trader

The current version is indeed a pale imitation.....

I can't remember the last time I saw a discussion on the best way to make love to ones Chevy Suburban on the current version.

Kids today are too sheltered.

Singlefinpin, woemad, IKR and 7 others like this.
  8. Amendm

Amendm Champion (874) Jun 7, 2018 Rhode Island
    Society

Looks like there are more late nighters (like myself) than I thought. Cheers.

Singlefinpin, SawDog505, IKR and 3 others like this.
  9. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (4,358) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

I feel we still get some decent bullshit/shitheadary on WBAYDN on the weekends, but LNBA was more fun. I think it helped that people would be entering the thread already drunk when the thread opened:stuck_out_tongue:

10. Pinz412

Pinz412 Disciple (336) Nov 20, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

That's the other thing with me personally. On the weekend I'm more focused on posting in the NBW thread, and rarely cross post those beers mostly out of laziness. I'm more of a weekday WBAYDN participant. Speaking of, time to make another entry.

11. beertunes

Society Trader

And, I generally only crosspost new brews, especially those I get in BIFs/LIFs/Ninjas. I rarely post my 427th Cedar Dust.

Singlefinpin, woemad, IKR and 5 others like this.
  12. tolar111

tolar111 Zealot (539) Aug 17, 2008 New York

I go with Depends, just like an astronaut.

You can drink beer all day and not have to waste a lot of time in the bathroom

13. russpowell

russpowell Poo-Bah (10,522) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Society Trader

There was a brief time I was an AM guy, when I was working Mid Shifts. My sweet spot is evening to LNBA

14. DEdesings57

Trader

@Pinz412 and @beertunes bring up a great point. For me personally there are many times I too am too lazy to post and upload an image on WBAYDN. Like right now for example I am drinking celebration ale at 10:53 EST truly living up to the LNBA within me although I didn't post it :scream:

15. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,711) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

I start too many of those threads, meaning that I am a late morning/noon WBAYDN user. Usually stop drinking at 3-4pm GMT+1.

Rarely have a beer in evenings anymore.

16. traction

traction Defender (676) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

I start browsing the thread around 7am most mornings although when I start drinking varies. Generally I drink sometime between 1pm-10pm although I'm down for whatever... Can't say I've never had a breakfast stout for breakfast

17. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,783) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

I miss LNBA. Part of what made it a complete shitshow was the fact the thread would be deleted in the AM. Anything goes at that point. I usually dont start drinking until after 9pm. Gotta get the kids to bed before I can think of unwinding.

18. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (3,657) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

First thing in the morning, after my dogs and chores are tended to...not as early at home as when we’re traveling sans dogs...most mornings, but I do try to take a day or 3 off from drinking each week. Cheers!

ps. I like “AM Advocate”...sounds classier than “morning beer drinker”, “before noon boozer”, etc. :rolling_eyes::sunglasses:

#18 DoctorZombies, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  19. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,285) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Society

It depends because i drink a cold one when convenient for me, not a certain time.

Singlefinpin, SawDog505, IKR and 5 others like this.
  20. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,850) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

I always seem to post mid afternoon now, if I have the chance. I use to have a pretty crazy work schedule, way back when it was actually called LNBA and would definitely be up all night then if I had the chance. Though work and me have changed since then so I'm happy with some afternoon beers, book and music now :slight_smile:

21. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,838) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Afternoon delight for the most part. There's something genuinely satisfying about being to drink while the sun is still out. Cheers.

22. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,182) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

AM of course. It's a matter of timing - I'm up hours before Mrs Lizard and have to be quiet, so what better time to have a brewski. Since I reduced my consumption several years ago, I decided to use the AM quiet to write reviews of New (to me) Breakfast Beers and to have my second drink of the day (beer, mixed drink, liquor) in the evening prior to hitting the rack. The rest of the day it's dragging my sorry ass around doing non-drinking stuff.

23. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (932) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

I checked "it depends" - because during the week when I am at work until 3 or so, I often crack a brew as soon as I get home and walk the dog etc....then often, another one later in the evening before bed.....on weekends or time off though, I could be popping something in the late morning or anytime during the day......I am an old fart, so I do not stay up late much these days, as I get up at 5 am for work etc....
    Cheers to drinking a brew anytime!

24. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,843) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Mostly "lapsed" for me, so I guess it depends. :wink:

I used to hang out in the basement where my desktop is so it was better to load the thread and participate. Now I'm mostly upstairs on my phone so it's become less of a thing, sadly enough. :slight_frown:

25. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Zealot (566) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

During the week when drinking I'll startafter work, usually around 3-330 PM (I start work at appx. 430 AM each day)

Weekend I'll wait til a few minutes after noon.

All bets are off if I'm on vacation or out of the country.

26. KRug

KRug Crusader (752) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

An oddity here with “I don’t care”. Never really got into the thread, but I suppose it would be fun, there’s nothing stopping me from joining the conversation

27. champ103

champ103 Poo-Bah (4,850) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Society

Come back, always enjoyed the music conversations :slight_smile:

Singlefinpin, IKR, ChicagoJ and 2 others like this.
  28. Shanex

Shanex Poo-Bah (1,711) Dec 10, 2015 France
    Moderator Society Trader

Yea, there are also the majority of BAs that just don’t use this thread and it’s not an obligation.

Keep in mind however that posting just about your beer even once a week, along with what you are up to and share an artist of your choice would certainly make us - namely the WBAYDN community/family happy. There’s always a seat at this bar.

29. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,843) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Yeah, me too, and thanks.

Now that I think about it, things may be as simple as seeing if #2 Son has a spare laptop that I can use by the couch. Heck, he's the one that made me move upstairs as it is so he owes me :slight_smile:. I'll have to give it a shot.

30. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Meyvn (1,250) Feb 2, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

With the COVID routine of infrequent friend/family gatherings or brewery/pub visits, I typically have two beers each day, one in the early morning and one with a meal later in the day.

If I'm out with friends/family or visiting a brewery/pub, I'll typically have 2-4 beers on those days, and try to post in the act if conditions allow.

I save new beers consumed at home to enjoy on weekends, for the weekend NBW/NBS thread. For new beers consumed during the week, I sometimes post a review in WBAYDN.

#30 ChicagoJ, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  31. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,592) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

I voted LNBA, but it varies. For instance, I like to get my posts in early during the Christmas season, and I'll have the occasional lunch beer. Overall, though, I do most of my drinking at night, and I rarely have liquor or cocktails before 10 p.m. Besides that, I'm not nearly as active on WBAYDN as I used to be. I've cut back quite a bit due to health concerns.

But don't worry. I'm working on this year's 12 Days of Christmas series as we speak. :wink:

32. BeastOfTheNortheast

BeastOfTheNortheast Zealot (509) Dec 26, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

With a kid, I will have a couple beers here and there after he goes to bed. Have cracked open a beer once or twice before he went to bed, but drank it slowly as to not get a buzz of any kind.

33. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (3,400) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

Total LNBA here, as I don't usually start drinking at home before around 8pm CET and I pretty much only post in WBAYDN when drinking from home.

34. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (792) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

35. KRug

KRug Crusader (752) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Good to know, thanks man. Always down for a good conversation :slight_smile:

IKR and Shanex like this.
  36. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (5,205) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

I'm retired, so no job requiring my presence. I am usually up for the day at 6am and in bed by 10 pm, and typically have 1-2 beers/day. I am an AM Advocate.
    @DoctorZombies: You're right, Dave. AM Advocate sounds much more genteel than the other choices for drinking in the morning.

37. HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts

HopfenUndMalzGottErhalts Initiate (100) Dec 25, 2015 Arizona

I typically fudge a bit on the title of the thread and post the picture the following morning when I've had time to process the image a little and reduce the size.

champ103, Shanex and IKR like this.
  38. beer_beer

beer_beer Devotee (407) Feb 13, 2018 Finland
    Society

For some reason I'm more of a lurker when it comes to WBAYDN. Glad my presence can be known through the likes for instance. When I'm actually having a beer seems unpredictable. It's several, one or none, early or late. It comes in periods, seems to be partly connected to if I'm having new beers waiting.

39. IKR

IKR Crusader (756) May 25, 2010 California
    Trader

GIWYFI=Get In Where You Fit In
    I don't drink much during the work week and I'm usually always catching up on home chores/tasks during the weekend so late afternoon or late night is when i usually participate but since my work and chores constantly intrude on my free time I'll take whatever opportunity presents itself so my personal acronym above is spot on.

Singlefinpin, ChicagoJ, KRug and 6 others like this.
  40. JHDStein

JHDStein Initiate (81) Aug 16, 2013 Germany

I'd definitely a LNBA (European time...), rarely getting started before 10pm here. I pretty much drink 1-2 a night, every night, but posting on WBAYDN doesn't happen as often as I would like. Unfortunately, I'm quite often still working at that hour and can't be bothered. 2020 has pretty much destroyed my work-life balance...:sob: