Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Belgium What Lambic for what fruit?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by yinzer, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinzer

yinzer Nov 24, 2006 Pennsylvania

Yeah couldn't figure out a good title.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Each fruit that is added to a base Lambic has a different acidity, sugar level ,etc. So does it stand to reason that the Lambic (which is probably a blend of more than one cask) will be blended to compliment the fruit? And if that's true would that play into the question of aging a fruit Lambic? That once the fruit goes away some of the base Lambic might be more/less acidic/funky?
  2. yinzer

yinzer Nov 24, 2006 Pennsylvania

3. Brabander

Brabander Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Refrase that Mark....it should be what lambic for which toilet. Hahahaha

Bierman9 likes this.
  4. Jeffo

Jeffo Sep 7, 2008 Netherlands

I'm saving all your quotations in a scrapbook Thijs. On the day you say, "this sour isn't that bad at all," I'm going to give it to you. Remember what you used to think about imperial stouts... ;)

Brabander, Mar02x and Bierman9 like this.
  5. Etan

Etan Jul 11, 2011 Wisconsin

That's an interesting question. Are there any professional blenders on BA who could chime in?
    Brabander likes this.
  6. doopiedoopiedoo

doopiedoopiedoo Oct 2, 2010 Netherlands

Thijs is a real man... He will not divert to the sour side.
    RendoMike and Brabander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!