Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

What Louisianna Brews Come Highly Rcommended?

Discussion in 'South' started by creepinjeeper, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creepinjeeper

creepinjeeper Nov 8, 2012 Missouri
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I used seekabrew to find beers unique to the state of LA . . . but what do you all recommend as something I cannot pass up? NOLA? Chafankta? Bayou Teche? Thanks and cheers!

2. tbryan5

tbryan5 Sep 22, 2012 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

NOLA has a good selection. I would highly recommend any of Parish brewing's beers. Bayou teche is a hit and miss but when they get it right, it is really really good. Tin Roof has some solid session ales....hope this helps a little bit

creepinjeeper likes this.
  3. Mikecap

Mikecap May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

I second the above. Parish's Dr. Hoptagon was released recently and is a solid black IPA. Also, Chafunkta's Old 504 Coffee Porter is solid, but their IPA is just average. Abita's select series which is draft only has some solid beers on occasion. Their next one is a macchiato espresso stout or something of the like and should be released this month.

4. Yeti1979

Yeti1979 Jan 15, 2013 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

Parish Grand reserve barley wine is excellent! Going to be released later part of November I think.

5. mdeluna

mdeluna Mar 6, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I've visited Louisiana and have at some point asked this question..

Basically NOLA and Parish are the best you'll find IMO.. I visited the Parish Brewery and had some of the Parish Grand Reserve on tap a couple of weeks ago.. (you never heard that) and it was fantastic. Anyway.. if you can get that bottle by going to the brewery and signing up for it.. I believe they got a list of people theyre calling first. I want to say it's coming out on the 30th.

I also liked Dr. Hoptagon, Farmhouse IPA, and Envie is a solid Pale ale.

6. brewskifan55

brewskifan55 May 17, 2011 Mississippi

If you get to Mandeville, try to stop by Old Rail Brewing. They make their beers on site and have a great restaurant.

amnesia77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe