What Northeast beer are you drinking now? (2022)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by nesarebad, Jan 1, 2022.

1. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (189) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

A couple of beers so far tonight. This week has been a month, so I anticipate cracking a few more.

First off, not a NE beer, but still good none the less. Jackie O's Vanilla, Coffee Bean, Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition. I didn't realize it was a 2019 bottle until I opened it and took a few sips. Still tasty, the coffee went slightly over to the green pepper side of things, but it got better as it warmed up. Vanilla and coffee faded a bit, but still really tasty.

[​IMG]

and then Focal Banger. I mean, do I need to say much more? It's delicious and went perfectly with the burrito I had for dinner.

[​IMG]

Sheppard, lic217, jts211 and 12 others like this.
  2. Trull

Trull Disciple (361) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

This is my favorite treehouse stout!

[​IMG]

3. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Zealot (523) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont

Northwest ipa not old school but not bad, think I’ll have another.
    Long trail brewing

4. GormBrewhouse

GormBrewhouse Zealot (523) Jun 24, 2015 Vermont

Guess I better have a treehouse stout.

RobertB412 likes this.
  5. jts211

jts211 Disciple (336) Aug 5, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Jefferson’s Ale by Yards Brewing Company

Very enjoyable. Nice thirst quenching, well made, traditional style beer with no thrills or frills as are a lot of Yards brews.

[​IMG]

6. Xerlic

Xerlic Aspirant (221) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

[​IMG]

Drinking my last can of one of the better DIPAs OH has put out in recent memory.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (2,013) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

[​IMG]
    Quiet for a Friday in here. My last can doesn’t look great, but it sure does taste great. Fantastic beer, I love it.

zid, RobertB412, Trull and 7 others like this.
  8. MattOC

MattOC Zealot (559) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Eureka with Simcoe. Canned 12/30/21.

[​IMG]

lic217, RobertB412, jts211 and 8 others like this.
  9. Sheppard

Sheppard Poo-Bah (2,054) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Jason Isbell is so fucking good.

Went to Notch after work yesterday evening, so I missed @MattOC and @Trull. It was still surprisingly quiet. I realize it was extremely cold (I tried to stay outside as long as I could, until I froze). The Standard, Tenner, Vienna, and Sticke Alt for me. Not a drop of disappointment in there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Sticke Alt is an early beer of the year candidate for me.

jbarletto, lic217, RobertB412 and 9 others like this.
  10. TheMattJones88

Trader

Decided to grab a bottle of Lunch today, not the freshest, 11/23 bottling, but it tastes great. One of my favorite beers.

[​IMG]

Davl22, Sheppard, jbarletto and 10 others like this.
  11. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (293) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Great beer and album right there.

TheMattJones88 likes this.
  12. TheMattJones88

Trader

I'm glad that my music choices have been praised here the last couple of days, let's see if we can keep the trend going...

Tree House - Nascent Truth BA Imperial Stout - This is a very good BA stout, just enough bourbon in here, good hits of chocolate and dark fruits. The fucking bottle broke my wax cutter though, so that's annoying. Ordered a new one that I'll debut on here when it arrives. Even got a fancy engraving on it...

[​IMG]

lic217, RobertB412, jts211 and 5 others like this.
  13. Greyvtrayn

Trader

Well, they can't all be winners I suppose.

14. shkin

shkin Initiate (171) Feb 6, 2011 New York

We went to Wegmans in Woodbridge to get Tonewood, but there wasn't a single one. Bummer. So Cape May it is mostly. And also this, that is surprisingly good.

[​IMG]

15. Trull

Starting this NFL Saturday off with this low abv beauty from Notch. This is really tasty, and a perfect beer if you want crush a few without feeling the effects. A true session beer!

[​IMG]

Davl22, Sheppard, lic217 and 10 others like this.
  16. Greyvtrayn

Trader

I was able to score a couple 4 pks of Tonewood this week at Liquor Outlet in Boonton, NJ. Enjoying a Powder Daze DIPA right now. Fantastic beer. Has a nice touch of sweet citrus at first, a little pine and a slightly dry finish. This one had a canned on date of 12/16.
    I still haven't had a lot of Tonewood but everything I have tried has been very good to fantastic.

Pardon me while I start to post some music here too. Been on a Pink Floyd kick recently. Be ready for more from Pulse Live. Such a great song, lyrics are incredible, musicianship outstanding. Great performance of one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs.

#216 Greyvtrayn, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:23 PM
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022 at 10:31 PM
    lic217, RobertB412, MKozaka and 5 others like this.
  17. Trull

Splitting this Notch crowler with the eldest. What can I say other than it’s delicious!

[​IMG]

Davl22, Sheppard, jbarletto and 10 others like this.
  18. shkin

Wegmans used to have a decent selection of Tonewood, but lately, it was hit or miss. Thanks to the tip from BAs here we usually go to Jersey Fine Wines in East Brunswick that always has a great selection, but we were lazy today.

As for Pink Floyd, no lyrics are required.

19. guinness77

Society

[​IMG]
    a well deserved monster of a DIPA after subjecting myself to some of the coldest fuckin weather I’ve ever been in before. I felt fine while I was running. It was the before and after that was brutal. Absolutely brutal. But, I ran the entire 10 miles without stopping AND ran it in 1 hour and 33 minutes. Kinda proud of myself.

zid, dele, Trumpetguy and 12 others like this.
  20. shkin

Impressive brew, borderline brown ale rather than porter. I can't sense honey, but there is a hint of garlic in the smell, but maybe it is from cooking. It tastes very fresh but it is almost three months old.

[​IMG]

21. guinness77

Society

I wish more people posted music. I’m happy to see it, I think it adds to the spirit of the thread…although I’m admittedly biased.

Greyvtrayn, TheMattJones88 and shkin like this.
  22. shkin

I have a friend who posts on Facebook photos of beers and CD/record covers with a little story about both (he is a writer). It is my favorite content there.

guinness77 likes this.
  23. alexsergio

alexsergio Poo-Bah (1,725) Mar 7, 2011 New York
    Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Yeah, this is really good. Canned 5 weeks ago, it seems like it’s in its prime right now. Or maybe I’m just thirsty.

24. jts211

jts211 Disciple (336) Aug 5, 2018 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

ralphius 2020 by Free Will Brewing

The last of my 2020 stash. These mini cans were a great idea. While cold, I detect fig, some chocolate and bourbon. As it warms, the bourbon is milder and the chocolate comes out more. Very good as always!!

[​IMG]

Will the iguana escape the snakes?

25. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    found this hiding in the back of the fridge. Best by October 2021. We all know Suarez is conservative with their best by dates. This is as delicious as ever.

26. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    full disclosure. I poured this beer at the same time as the helles.
    This is unique beer number 5,500 for me here on BA. And it’s a beer worthy of a mini milestone. So good. Tree house makes the best IPAs and for so long, how do they do it??? That’s a rhetorical question lol.

27. shkin

A fourth new beer to me tonight: chocolate caramel smell, liquid tiramisu taste, and strong bitter espresso aftertaste. So good.

[​IMG]

28. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    another tasty palate cleanser between big beers.

Davl22, Sheppard, lic217 and 9 others like this.
  29. Xerlic

Trader

My 2 for tonight and then probably switching to bourbon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My taste in music doesn't quite match up up with what has been posted, but since Chuck told us to...

lic217, Greyvtrayn, shkin and 6 others like this.
  30. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Initiate (135) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

Some Grimm Afterimage. I remember only being able to get this and Tesseract at Browerji Lane. Now it's in a NJ liquor store. Can't complain at all.

And if we're doing music I guess I'll throw something too.

[​IMG]

lic217, Greyvtrayn, shkin and 7 others like this.
  31. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    king julius is obviously a great beer but pouring it made me decide to share something.

We lost our first baby, King Sergio on Monday. He was 18 and a half so no complaints but obviously it was devastating to our family. He passed naturally, I was with him throughout the night and watched his last breath.

my only solace has been to spend my time with our new puppy, King Henry. I can only hope that his life is a long and fulfilling as Sergio’s.

Sergio on the left and Henry on the right.
    [​IMG]

32. Xerlic

Trader

So sorry to hear about your loss @alexsergio. Sergio looks like he lived a long and happy life. Rest well, pup.

MKozaka, guinness77 and alexsergio like this.
  33. Trull

We lost our “Honey” a couple of years ago and the loss cut much deeper than I thought it
    would, given her advanced age. It’s never easy losing a pet, no matter how old he/she is.

Anyway, drinking this hoppy pale ale from Notch as I watch the Pats/Bills game.

[​IMG]

#233 Trull, Jan 16, 2022 at 1:38 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022 at 1:46 AM
    Davl22, lic217, Greyvtrayn and 7 others like this.
  34. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    my last qualify in the fridge. Will need to make a Suarez run within the next month or so.

jbarletto, lic217, MattOC and 7 others like this.
  35. guinness77

Society

[​IMG]
    My first of these in a long time thanks to @alexsergio This is especially dank and citric. Little bit of hoppy spice and this is perfectly balanced.

Been listening to RTJ non-stop lately. Great video here. Major energy.

36. alexsergio

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    I remember when just having a bunch of green was enough. Now it’s an afterthought.

lic217, MattOC, Greyvtrayn and 5 others like this.
  37. guinness77

Society

[​IMG]
    This hits nice. The salt really hits on the finish and it’s so smooth and full of chocolate. Best Grimm stout I’ve had in awhile.

lic217, Xerlic, MKozaka and 3 others like this.
  38. Hayesbro

Hayesbro Initiate (156) Oct 16, 2019 Pennsylvania

Dreadnought from Tonewood. Lagers, IPAs, sours, these guys do it all, and well.

[​IMG]

lic217, Xerlic, MKozaka and 5 others like this.
  39. Greyvtrayn

Trader

This one was definitely going to make an appearance, and still may, down the road here.

shkin and guinness77 like this.
  40. guinness77

Society

[​IMG]
    Nitecapping with a fresh can of Scaphism from Nightmare. The indelible 17% stout from everyone’s favorite death metal fan. It is thick. It is filled with vanilla. The honey really smooths out the abv. One of my favorite beers.
    @alexsergio Sorry to hear about Sergio. Always sucks to lose a furry family member.

RobertB412, lic217, Xerlic and 4 others like this.