What Statements Are Made In This Forum That Have You Scratching Your Head?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by mcrago, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Most I think age stuff the best they can at cellar temps and dark. Some stuff I keep it chilled and dark, depends on what and how much room I have. As long as it's room temp and dark I highly any damage is done, room temp here is 68 degrees.

2. VitoFerrante

VitoFerrante Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2012 Pennsylvania

I totally agree. The list of these beers is long and distinguished, especially in PA where we have access to tons of great beers!!!

3. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Initiate (180) Aug 23, 2012 New York
    Trader

something that still blows my mind to read in reviews:
    "not a bad beer, but I don't really like [insert beer style] and this was just too [defining characteristic] for me" ... 2.5/5

thanks for the negative review of a beer you knew you wouldn't like before you even drank it. if you can't include some amount of objectivity then why bother? no one cares that you personally don't like this style of beer.

also I know the term "shelf turd" was created as tongue-in-cheek, but the more i come across people using it seriously on here the more i want to bang my head against the wall. most beer sits on a shelf at some point, it's a joke, you're not a rare beer hunter you're a d-bag.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  4. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Ohio

The terms "walez," "shelf turd" or "bro" are red flags for me.

teal likes this.
  5. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California
    Deactivated

"I came into this beer wanting desperately to bash it."

s_wit likes this.
  6. mjtiernan

mjtiernan Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2008 New York

7. JrGtr

JrGtr Devotee (472) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

I'm not one to rely too much on reviews, nor do I commonly read them. However, in this case, I wonder if most of the people using that term are using it in the "Portugese Sweet Bread" variety rather than the Andrew Zimmern variety.
    I personally haven't (knowingly) eaten sweetbreads in the internal organ meaning, and wouldn't know what they taste like. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't use it in a review. The other one, maybe.
    I have eaten some odd things, but I wouldn't use a descriptor like "roasted cobra snake" in a review. I would not presume most people would know what it's like, so why use it as a reference point? (hint, it tasted NOTHING like chicken."

mjtiernan and s_wit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.