What style is this beer glass?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by i_still_like_beer, Feb 6, 2019.

1. i_still_like_beer

i_still_like_beer Initiate (33) Nov 21, 2018 New Jersey

Mine broke last night, been looking for another one this shape/style but I can't seem to find it. It's sort of like a Tulip glass without a stem. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,013) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

It's a sam adams "perfect pint" glass.

I wouldn't morn it's loss too much just go to Crate & Barrel and buy a new tulip, nonic or spiegelau.

3. horsehockey

horsehockey Initiate (195) Jul 31, 2014 Illinois

That's a Sam Adams perfect pint glass. You can order that exact glass on Amazon for about $10.

4. BayAreaJoe

BayAreaJoe Defender (685) Nov 23, 2017 California
    Trader

They're at Total Wine & More out here for $4.99.

5. i_still_like_beer

when you first replied "its a sam adams glass" I thought u were just being funny. I didn't realize they designed this actual shape, just thought it was branded which is why I didn't search "Sam Adams glass" (which would have been pretty helpful :flushed: )

I took this one from a bar many years ago because I loved the shape, thank you!

Coronaeus, JimKal, RobNewton and 3 others like this.
  6. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,013) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Trader

Hahaha no problem. I was being a little snarky so I added the "perfect pint" moniker in there to make it sound a little more serious.

Yeah, Jim Koch & co. developed that glass and marketed the hell out of it 10 or so years ago. I think he claimed they spent millions of dollars on researching and designing (much like their "special" can design) the perfect beer glass. (If only they spent that money in bringing back Double Bock). They're fun glasses and compliment Boston Lager nicely. I used to have a big pint(?) sized one that I liked a lot but it broke and I never replaced it. Maybe someday.

[​IMG]

7. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Devotee (435) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado

I actually like this type of glass... had a bunch at one point, but have moved a couple times so I think they’re probably in a box somewhere lol

8. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,055) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Premium Trader

Karma's a bitch, ain't she? :stuck_out_tongue:

zid and PapaGoose03 like this.
  9. NYRunner

NYRunner Initiate (38) Nov 5, 2018 New York

It looks as though it has the advantages of both a pint and a tulip. Cheers!

10. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (3,813) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Premium

Maybe it is time for a re-visit to that bar!?!:stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  11. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Crusader (726) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Sam Adams glasses like these are all over thrift stores here - for 50 cents or so....I would not pay full retail for one of these glasses

dcotom, ManBearPat and BayAreaJoe like this.
  12. elNopalero

elNopalero Poo-Bah (2,987) Oct 14, 2009 Texas

Gave all mine away years ago. I always expected them to tip over for some reason.

13. schteve

schteve Aspirant (205) Sep 10, 2003 New Jersey

I think they're a sturdy glass and use mine often. I have one of the large ones, too. I think it's 22 or 24 oz. The standard one is 16oz to the rim.

14. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (10,510) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

For some reason I think I have two Sam Adams glasses (who really knows what's in my glass cabinet!?) but I didn't steal them. I think they had some kind of a deal years ago where you bought a case and got the glass or sent UPC codes in or something.

In the end, I like those glasses, but I generally always fall back to Imperial Nonics or large Belgian-style tulips (Duvel). Only when I have a party do the oddities get pulled out.

As a side note, I have a pre-prohibition etched glass from the North Star brewery in Minnesota that's worth about a thousand bucks that I've got to get rid of before it somehow becomes a party casualty. So many little things to do...

15. i_still_like_beer

lemme see this

16. jesskidden

jesskidden Meyvn (1,388) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey

When they were first released, didn't BBC's Jim Koch offer anyone on BeerAdvocate a free "Perfect Pint" glass (maybe a pair of 'em?) if they lived in a state where such a give-away was legal? I have a vague recollection of having to send BBC a copy of my drivers license to prove I was over 21 based on NJ ABC law...
    Maybe I'm mis-remembering/confusing it was some other offer?
    @Jason or @Todd

17. Todd

Todd Founder (5,633) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

Eligible Founding Subscribers had the chance to claim one back in 2007.

jesskidden likes this.