What video games are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Todd, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,980) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

I don't have too much free time for gaming these days, but I'll boot up the PlayStation and pop into Overwatch now and then to get my fix. I've been playing since it was released and still enjoy it. Normally I'm tanking or healing, as I did way back in my World of Warcraft raiding days.

How about you? What video games are you playing now?

2. invertalon

invertalon Crusader (777) Jan 27, 2009 Ohio
    Society Trader

Always been a simulator guy myself, so I find myself flying 737/757/767's around in X-Plane 11 often. Also a roller coaster building simulator program called No Limits. Back in the day I used to live on Rollercoaster Tycoon (the original), and still play every so often today.

Just never got into the "popular" FPS type games or even own a console, haha.

3. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Meyvn (1,468) Jul 27, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Action RPG’s are my favorite....Skyrim, Fallout, etc...

Right now playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on PS4 and loving it.

Don’t get to game as often as I used to with 2 young kids though.

4. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,096) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

RDR2. To describe it in one word would be easy -- EPIC. I played the story mode to completion and now I'm sitting at about 91% for total game completion. This is the only game I've ever played that made me want to achieve 100%. Worth every penny.

5. AZBeerDude72

AZBeerDude72 Poo-Bah (1,792) Jun 10, 2016 Arizona
    Society Trader

Agree, I only played a little but it’s awesome!

BrewsOverHoes and TheIPAHunter like this.
  6. flat_lander

flat_lander Zealot (556) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I have 2 young boys, so Santa brought them a Switch for Christmas. I delight in ruling them at Mario Kart 8. Although the 6 year old can give me a run at Super Smash Bros Ultimate. When I have some freetime (i.e. never), I'm slowly plugging away at Zelda Breath of the Wild.

7. eire

eire Disciple (383) Jan 31, 2016 Alaska
    Society Trader

I built a Raspberry Pi EmulationStation about a month back. I’ve been revisiting the systems of my youth: NES, SNES, Genesis. I’ve even found some Arcade games that really bring me back like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Gauntlet, Strider, and 1942.

TrojanRB and larryi86 like this.
  8. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (4,388) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

Switching between Far Cry 5, NHL 19 and Pinball FX3. The Pinball is just great for a few games, not having to remember any story or complex controls. Looking at picking up RDR2, since it's o sale on Xbox Live...

seakayak, TheBrewsky, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  9. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Poo-Bah (2,096) Aug 12, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Far Cry 5 was awesome. The gf and I logged massive hours on that one. My favorite from that series, so far.

seakayak and BrewsOverHoes like this.
  10. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (4,388) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

Played through it twice, doing everything, now just dicking around. I think I’m at 150 hours or so total. Really good game!

BrewsOverHoes and TheIPAHunter like this.
  11. Realsambo

Realsambo Aspirant (275) Apr 15, 2016 Texas
    Society Trader

Since I started working on the road, I went back to my teenage years and I'm trying out world of warcraft. It is a very different game compared to the 2004 version. Not sure I like it, may have to get a switch to tote around with me.

BrewsOverHoes likes this.
  12. hopsputin

hopsputin Poo-Bah (1,883) Apr 1, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

RDR2 for me as well. Delaying finishing the main storyline as long as possible of course.

13. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (3,652) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Just started playing Zelda: Breath Of The Wild on the Switch. Seems like it is going to be a fun way to spend my spring break.

TheIPAHunter and TheBrewsky like this.
  14. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,855) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

None. I am a total spazz. My grandkids kick my ass in whatever game we play: Mario, Minecraft, Fortnight, whatever.

TheIPAHunter, TheBrewsky and Shanex like this.
  15. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,021) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

NHL 2019 and Fallout. We live in the boonies, no affordable massive data plan so sadly nothing online

16. Sound_Explorer

Sound_Explorer Poo-Bah (1,706) Dec 29, 2013 Washington
    Society

Some Assassin's Creed Odyssey, looking forward to the next story next week. FIFA 18 sprinkled in now and then too.

TheBrewsky and Realsambo like this.
  17. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Crusader (724) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

Ace Combat 7 and Clash Royale

TheBrewsky and Harrison8 like this.
  18. BrewsOverHoes

BrewsOverHoes Crusader (795) Nov 17, 2013 Georgia
    Society Trader

With @TheIPAHunter been playing RDR2 since it came out religiously.

I dabble in NBA 2K19 and Madden and recently Modern Warfare remastered online with my brothers since they live states away.

19. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (3,603) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I tend to cycle what games I'm into, with Fallout, Skyrim, Oldschool Runescape and Minecraft all taking up my time. I tend to binge Runescape hours when I'm not training for an athletic goal. Since I just finished up a big goal, it's about time I start another 99 grind with some beer. No intention to max, I just enjoy afk skills.

That said, my coworker keeps talking about the new Forza. I'm considering downloading that, as I grew up playing Gran Turismo 3 and Forza 4. I haven't purchased a racing game since then.

20. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,344) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

I still play Skyrim, and occasionally SWTOR, but I have little time to invest in games lately. Hearthstone is a nice little one I can boot up without dedicating much time to, and mindlessly play some hands while I enjoy my beer, catch up on the threads, and watch Dr. Who. :grinning:

21. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,344) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Speaking of, how did it go? That's one of two down this year, correct?

I just finished a 12 mile run an hour ago as part of my training cycle. I'm freaking exhausted, and my hips are not happy with me. Time for some beer. :grinning:

Harrison8 likes this.
  22. damndirtyape

damndirtyape Poo-Bah (1,837) Apr 19, 2009 Ohio
    Society

Civilization VI. I'm hoping someday Brewing will make it into the technology tree.....

23. TrojanRB

Society Trader

There’s a mod that lets you build a brewery in the city center....+1 amenity!

24. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Meyvn (1,336) Apr 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Playing a variety of different game currently. Just finished the main story of RDR2 (which was phenomenal) and also recently finish Leon's story in Resident Evil 2 Remake. I'm going to wait a bit before I dive in and complete Claire's story. I am staying occupied with Rainbow Six Siege (my favorite on-line FPS by far), AC Rogue Remastered, Dying Light- The Following and The Witcher 3- The Wild Hunt. I played through the witcher 3 a while back, but recently picked up the enhanced version for the Xbox One X. Needless to say, that game is going to take up a great deal of my free time (again).
    Happy gaming, gang.

Greywulfken and TheIPAHunter like this.
  25. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Meyvn (1,336) Apr 23, 2017 California
    Society Trader

Just picked up Odyssey on a Spring Sale. I really enjoyed Origins, so I am hoping this is similar.

TrojanRB and Sound_Explorer like this.
  26. Sound_Explorer

Sound_Explorer Poo-Bah (1,706) Dec 29, 2013 Washington
    Society

I enjoy it much more over Origins (which I also liked) with all the different ways to play and styles within those paths.

TheBrewsky and TrojanRB like this.
  27. TrojanRB

Society Trader

I loved Origins, but prefer Odyssey. Seems like they optimized some of the concepts/mechanics that were introduced in Origins. Plus ships...gotta love that.

And it’s a gorgeous world, so much fun to explore.

TheBrewsky likes this.
  28. HopsAreDaMan

HopsAreDaMan Defender (667) Jul 28, 2015 Missouri
    Society

Mostly RTS for me against computer players: Age of Empires or Rise of Nations. Decades ago, my buddies and I used to play these against each other every Friday. Ah, the good ol' days.

I also still occasionally play a few old-school RPGs like Dungeon Siege and Never-winter Nights. I've played a bit of Skyrim.

In the past I have played Warlords I, II , and IV.

We also used to play Total Annihilation against each other.

Lots of good times.

TheBrewsky and TheIPAHunter like this.
  29. HopsAreDaMan

Society

Oh yeah, I forgot about Civ. A friend of mine was so addicted to it, he said if there really was a devil, it was Civ. Go figure.

30. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,177) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Trader

I’ve put a lot of time into Fallout 76. My wife laughs at me as I talk to my brother about Power Armor and Scorchbeasts on my headset.

seakayak likes this.
  31. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,177) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Trader

Agreed!!! Love that game. The best way to get through a long flight.

*Discovers computers*

Oh, shit. We just landed.

HopsAreDaMan likes this.
  32. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (4,699) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Previous, recent addictions have included Fallout 4 and Skyrim...

But I'm all about Witcher 3 these days...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers...
    [​IMG]

LarryV, TrojanRB and seakayak like this.
  33. damndirtyape

Society

I'm going to have look for that mod!

34. damndirtyape

Society

The original civilization that I played in undergrad was renamed to be "GPA Destroyer" by all my friends. Still very addictive, but still very fun.

HopsAreDaMan likes this.
  35. HopsAreDaMan

Society

Aye, it is a delicate balance for me: when does the fun cross over into addiction. I have lots of experience walking that line. And quite honestly, I am much more understanding of the hard core addicts than when I was a young man. I so easily could have been one.

36. BirdsandHops

BirdsandHops Poo-Bah (2,590) Apr 14, 2008 North Carolina
    Society

Who's your favorite support? I love Moira, Zen, and Lucio myself. For tanks, IllIdo just about any but prefer Zarya and suck at WB and Winston

Todd likes this.
  37. Todd

Todd Founder (5,980) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

I play mostly Orisa for tanking and Moira for healing. I'll switch it up here and there when bored.

BirdsandHops likes this.
  38. seakayak

seakayak Defender (666) May 20, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

I've played all of the Call of Duty and Battlefield games since they started. They've become "the thing to get me" for Christmas every year, so I haven't actually bought them in years.

In case you're looking, craft beer is the other "thing to get me."

FFFjunkie likes this.
  39. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Crusader (754) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

38 posts to finally get a mention of Call Of Duty...

That’s the only game I rock on the Xbox. I actually prefer the modern warfare series over the blackops .

seakayak likes this.
  40. LGHT

LGHT Devotee (456) Sep 28, 2007 California
    Society Trader

Used to be a serious gamer back in the late 80-90's, but with work and now multiple kids I just play Overwatch from time to time. I only play a few hours a week if that so I pretty much suck, but it's a nice way to de stress a little. I really need to dust off some of my older consoles and start playing the old favs again like silent bomber.

seakayak likes this.