What Wine Are You Drinking Now?

Discussion in 'Other Beverages' started by Greywulfken, Apr 25, 2019.

1. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,333) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

I find there to be a lot of variation in the quality of wines from the appellation. My wife and I are big fans of Cabernet Franc (the varietal does very well in the Columbia Valley and Walla Walla area), and over the years we've drunk quite few reds from Chinon. Some have been quite good, but a lot have been a bit overly tart, with a sour cherry flavor I sometimes find difficult to handle.

scream and Shanex like this.
  2. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (6,924) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Still can't escape Bordeaux.

Sante!

Glider, TheGent, Shanex and 2 others like this.
  3. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,129) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Good evening, all! Put off mowing and yard work until the cool of the day, such as it is. It's 82°F right now, and the a/c is on the fritz. That's why I'm dining alfresco: grilled New York strip, with latkes and sriracha-mango Cole slaw. Paired with this 2017 Cigar Old Vine Zin.

[​IMG]

Been on a kawaii metal kick lately. This is BAND-MAID. These girls are legit.

Glider, TheGent, mambossa and 4 others like this.
  4. mambossa

mambossa Disciple (370) Jun 30, 2015 Ohio
    Society

Found an interesting bottle for $18 discounted and had some takeout with the (apparently ravenous) ol’ lady.

Ashy, tannic, floral, plum & dark berry, lightly oxidized. Perfect tongue-gripper for greasy burgers.

[​IMG]

#44 mambossa, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Glider, dcotom, Shanex and 3 others like this.
  5. Warwick7

Warwick7 Initiate (35) May 25, 2019 Maryland

Woodbridge Caberenet Sauvignon 2016

I havent had Wine in years and its been a gorgoues reunion. I love Ale and Gin, but Wine is becoming special to me. Its amazing for when you want lose weight but love the taste of Alcohol and want to keep drinking. I feel Iean and strong when I drink Wine. Still on my quest to find a golden chalice that i like.

6. scream

scream Meyvn (1,032) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

[​IMG]

The missus and I enjoy an occasional port after dinner. Far different than port's from Portugal this is the one we like best of what we have found of the non-traditional ports - tasty !

Greywulfken, Glider, dcotom and 3 others like this.
  7. mambossa

Society

It’s Muscadet season! Couldn’t find a single bottle that wasn’t sur lie, but I’m not complaining. It’s bright, gentle lemon-lime, yeasty esters work well with its seashell minerality. Extremely light and dare I say “sessionable”. Goes down pretty fast compared to my usual preference of the more tropical and funky NZ Sauvignon Blancs.
    [​IMG]

8. BeardedWalrus

BeardedWalrus Aspirant (240) Jun 5, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

19 crimes, an unpretentious red blend. Been three months since I've had any wine.

9. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Enjoyed a bottle Sleight of Hands 2016 "Sorceress" last night. Very nice grenache that went very well with mushroom raviolis, steamed buns and Vietnamese calamari.

mambossa likes this.
  10. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (6,924) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Found this discounted at 50% off practically.

Big jammy berry tones and light bodied, with excellent spicy flavor. Had it with some good ole burgers on the grill excellent pairing.

I love a good deal.

11. mambossa

Society

Matervitis 2008
    This is a STEAL. Give or take $35 but tastes priceless. One of my favorite Italians and it’s just been sitting on the shelves every time I go to get it time and time again.

Beautiful earth and barnyard expected from any solid central/northern Italian, rich cherry, cigar box, char, violet, the works. I’m already craving another bottle. I’ll hoard them for myself if you don’t want them.
    [​IMG]

Greywulfken and Glider like this.
  12. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

2008? Really? Where have they been hoarding/keeping this stuff?

What's the varietal make up on this? Sangiovese? Nebbiolo? Or some kind if blend?

13. mambossa

Society

Leave it to an extensive craft beer & wine shop out in the countryside to have the slowest movement imaginable. It was also at another slow-moving family grocery near me for a while.

Label says 60% Pugnitello, 40% Ciliegiolo. Not familiar with either varietals, but boy are they delicious.

14. scream

scream Meyvn (1,032) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Earthquake Petite Sirah - tasty. I like petite Sirah and cab Franc probably followed by a deep soft merlot

mambossa, Glider and TheGent like this.