What'll be your first post-pandemic beer in the outside world?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Todd, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,941) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

jjayjaye, Amendm, Mikecap and 46 others like this.
  2. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,693) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Oh man, that looks good @Todd ! Good thing I have some JA Post Shift in the house to bridge the gap.

In all honesty, I'll probably just go to my local (walking distance) joint for some wings and a pint of Guinness or Defiant Muddy Creek. It's not so much of a beer place, but has other things going for it.

After that I'm definitely into checking out our NJ best beer bar according to the craftbeer.com poll, which is the Grant Street Cafe in Dumont, a few towns over. That result put them on my mental list, although I didn't have a chance to get there before the shit hit the fan.

#2 TongoRad, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  3. thesherrybomber

thesherrybomber Initiate (165) Jun 13, 2017 California
    Trader

4. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,162) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Mine will be at the new Eagle Park Brewing location in Muskego, WI!

Premo88, DrOfGolf, cavedave and 8 others like this.
  5. sjjn

sjjn Aspirant (274) Jun 4, 2004 New York

I’m thinking a pint of Pliny at 326 Bar, Farmer’s Market in Los Angeles.

6. hottenot

hottenot Aspirant (299) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

OMB Anything when the shit falls off the fan.

7. RochefortChris

RochefortChris Poo-Bah (1,515) Oct 2, 2012 North Carolina
    Society Trader

I think I will go to Zebulon Artisan Ales and have a few pints of whatever historic recipe is on their 1950s beer engine.

8. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,636) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Depending on when the "new" New World starts it might be a cask ale in London for a 'new' experience. (However, The World's End Bar will be later trip. :wink:) We've had to move our European trip from April to September, and London is the first stop. I really hope the 'new' New World has started long before September though.

9. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,359) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

10. BFCarr

BFCarr Savant (984) Feb 13, 2012 New Jersey
    Society

Something dark with a lot of booze and a lot of flavor. That or whatever is leftover in the fridge. Some hoard toilet paper, some hoard local beers. Count me in the latter.

KRug, GreenBayBA, hottenot and 7 others like this.
  11. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,247) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Me and a buddy had been planning to go down to a local place and dig into some funky brews, that has been delayed but will now probably be my first excursion out once everything is back on line

12. NickCaff

NickCaff Aspirant (219) Apr 9, 2009 Pennsylvania

Something from the Tired Hands brew cafe, draft only with a nice cheese plate and bread and butter

13. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (5,431) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

I'm gonna have a Corona :wink:

14. CleanTaps

CleanTaps Initiate (130) Aug 16, 2005 New Jersey

You should check out the Grant Street FB page. They're giving away a roll of toilet paper with dinner pick up.
    Good beer, nice place. If you're in the Bergen area you should check out Andy's Corner Bar in Bogota once we can go out again.

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Scrapss and 4 others like this.
  15. keithmurray

keithmurray Meyvn (1,361) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut

Thinking about a Rothaus Pils

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Tilley4 and 5 others like this.
  16. woodchipper

woodchipper Meyvn (1,174) Oct 25, 2005 Connecticut
    Society

Great post Todd. My answer is anything with people that are not afraid of each other anymore. In the meantime the virtual bar at WBAYDN is the best substitute under these conditions.

17. bikerjohn

bikerjohn Initiate (38) Nov 24, 2018 New York

I think I'll be keeping a supply of Space Kitty handy...

18. eppCOS

eppCOS Meyvn (1,177) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Society

Whatever the most recently tapped keg at my local is, cheers, be well.
    Looking forward to the in-person social aspect of beer. Never thought I'd miss it this much actually.

19. Sconimike

Sconimike Initiate (32) Dec 30, 2018 Wisconsin

Man, I wish I could join you for one of those. Mine will probably be a Surly Furious. Locally brewed and tasty at the tap

THE BEER THAT BUILT SURLY. AGGRESSIVELY HOPPED AND CITRUSY, BUT WITH A CHEWY, CARAMEL BACKBONE.

Surly is called “Surly” due to our inability to find a good beer in town. Furious is one of the first beers we brewed to rectify that situation. The rest is history.

People ask us to describe Furious all the time. It’s not quite like any other IPA out there. We give them the flavor notes and the hop profile, but it never seems like it’s enough. What makes Furious Furious? Let’s try this: You know that feeling when you do something that pushes you to your absolute limit? And people think you’re a little off your nut for even doing it? And you kind of agree with them, but goddammit, it’s getting done? And then you fucking DO IT? And there’s no one there to see it but you and the dog so you high-five the dog?

That’s Furious.

KRug, GreenBayBA, hottenot and 3 others like this.
  20. Giantspace

Giantspace Crusader (780) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Hope to get to Earth Bread + Brewery, if they still exist. Not the best beer but I really enjoy sitting at the bar with a small pizza and having a few pours while I talk with the bartender.

I hope Monks is still around as well. That will be high on my list , especially since I have a gift certificate for a few hundred $. I know Tom is getting ready to retire/slow it up and I don’t think Fergie is that into the Belgian scene.

Enjoy

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Scrapss and 3 others like this.
  21. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (751) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I honestly have no idea. Maybe a short trip to Funk Factory will be in order.

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Scrapss and 4 others like this.
  22. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,371) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

I'll just hit up our local stores and grab what looks interesting.

23. JayORear

JayORear Champion (887) Feb 22, 2012 New York
    Trader

This feels . . . premature.

24. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,693) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Hah! And they have beer to go too! That's worth considering now :wink:.

25. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (5,431) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Still holding out hope that Toppling Goliath will send me a free sample bottle of KBBS. That would be the beer to crack to celebrate the end of captivity. :sunglasses:

KRug, GreenBayBA, hottenot and 3 others like this.
  26. Blackbean

Blackbean Initiate (11) Mar 1, 2020

Awesome looking beer Todd, we have a local place called Craft City Sip In I will enjoy a great beer from this place.

GreenBayBA, hottenot and Premo88 like this.
  27. DogbiteWilliams

DogbiteWilliams Initiate (61) Mar 28, 2015 California

The availability of a safe vaccine which will enable us old timers to emerge from a year and a half of virtual imprisonment at home will indeed be a cause for great celebration. If I can find Duvel on draft, that will be my #1 choice.

ColdOne, KRug, GreenBayBA and 7 others like this.
  28. Chorgey

Chorgey Initiate (48) Apr 27, 2014 New Jersey

A marzen, PJ Welihans has it yet round. Yum!

GreenBayBA and hottenot like this.
  29. Beergooroo

Beergooroo Initiate (44) Aug 10, 2016 Texas

Liquor stores here in Austin deliver, and restaurants can deliver alcohol (new temporary allowance). Just had a 6 pack of Yeti and a 12 pack of Hopadillo delivered.
    Still, nothing like a freshly poured draught.

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Scrapss and 2 others like this.
  30. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (632) Mar 28, 2009 California

Great thread. Definitely going to hit one of my local breweries to help support. Last day before breweries were closed down a couple friends and I went to a local brewery called docent to celebrate his bday. Would be cool to hit docent the first day back. Their classic west coast ipa “gimme” and some shuffleboard would be great.

GreenBayBA, hottenot, Scrapss and 2 others like this.
  31. barreldawg

barreldawg Initiate (74) Nov 4, 2015 California

I can go the distance:

[​IMG]

32. Mikemcgrath4

Mikemcgrath4 Zealot (505) Aug 16, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Definitely going to be missing the in person beer experience these next few weeks or months. But here in NC, many breweries are doing drive thru beer sales, so its a great chance to support them, get good beer, and "stay safe".

henrikb, GreenBayBA, hottenot and 4 others like this.
  33. Todd

Todd Founder (5,941) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

[​IMG]

34. mnj21655

mnj21655 Meyvn (1,434) Apr 26, 2006 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

If it’s the weekend or an extra slow afternoon at work then I’ll Uber to Idle Hands and drink through their list of incredible lagers while I eat a pretzel or two.

I was able to order some of their beers online for a quick pickup. While great out of the can there is something special about sitting at that bar drinking those delicious lagers out of dimpled steins that just can’t be beat.

KRug, GreenBayBA, hottenot and 5 others like this.
  35. seakayak

seakayak Defender (678) May 20, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Springtime in Prague is off the table, but it'll look like this when it happens:

[​IMG]

36. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,935) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

I can't wait both for the end of this isolation and to taste a good beer. 201 days into my recovery and any beer will be a good beer. Doc told me on Monday that I can have the occasional beer now, rigorous life style change and meds have been effective, and my weight also is low enough now (47 pounds taken off from my high point) I don't need to worry about the carbs in a single beer every occasionally. It's gonna be the last of the Westvleteren 12 sent me by Thijs Brabander back in the day when it was his mission to spread the good stuff at cost.
    [​IMG]

37. Scrapss

Scrapss Defender (668) Nov 15, 2008 Pennsylvania

I am going to hit our local taphouse/restaurant that we have been getting a few takeout meals....for a pour of Guinness...unless they have a local option that survives Apocalypse.

38. socon67

socon67 Poo-Bah (2,181) Jun 18, 2010 New York
    Society

I'm looking forward to having the next bottle share with my friends, paired with some first rate BBQ. The cellar is pretty stocked, but the one beer I saved for this occasion is Trillium Night and Day.

GreenBayBA, hottenot, eppCOS and 3 others like this.
  39. readyski

readyski Aspirant (260) Jun 4, 2005 California
    Trader

Like the concept, but damn, now I have to set aside one that would've tided me over. Ok after further introspection I have decided on BCBS cause it's worthy.

40. bearsbeers34

bearsbeers34 Initiate (66) Nov 24, 2010 California

ImHoping to make it down to Beechwood bbq & brewing

GreenBayBA, hottenot and Scrapss like this.