What's a "safe" spot in San Diego to drop off a FedEx beermail.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Crftbrfan, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crftbrfan

Crftbrfan Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2011 West Virginia

What's a good "no questions asked" FedEx drop off in sab Diego. I'll already have my label preprinted. It will be a 12 bottle shipper. Staying in North Park but will have a car.

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

2. jacksdad1976

jacksdad1976 Initiate (160) Dec 6, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I have never had a problem at the one in Mission Valley. It's in the Hazard Center shopping mall. The only one I was ever questioned at was the Murphy Canyon store.
    Cheers

3. dimce

dimce Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I ususally do it early mornings at any location. I live in Santee and do the mission gorge location, la mesa location, and sometime in Mira Mesa. Look like your in a hurry and mention it's already labeled and don't need a reciept, they should be pretty cool about it.

Eriktheipaman likes this.
  4. Xul

Xul Crusader (760) May 18, 2008 California

Find a Mailboxes Etc. location that takes FedEx dropoffs - if they're not making any money off of you (which if your label printed, they're not), they won't even give you a second look.

5. HopHead84

HopHead84 Poo-Bah (3,190) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Sometimes I've gotten a glare for not purchasing anything.

Xul likes this.
  6. Xul

Xul Crusader (760) May 18, 2008 California

Fair point, I guess I probably have as well...either way, the chances of being asked what's in a box at a MailBoxes Etc. are far lower than at an official FedEx location.

7. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I like to buy packing tape/bubble wrap/whatever from the third party locations I drop boxes off at, mostly to dissuade any potential post drop off curiosity.

8. HopHead84

HopHead84 Poo-Bah (3,190) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Beer Trader

Definitely. They're the best places to drop off.

9. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Meyvn (1,171) Nov 27, 2010 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I've never been asked before in SD. Even when lugging in 4-5 12 bottle styro shippers.

10. 1424IpA

1424IpA Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Handmade custom lava lamps are heavy!

11. SHODriver

SHODriver Meyvn (1,393) Aug 13, 2010 Louisiana
    Beer Trader

I love shipping glass vases. granted I don't look like the kind of guy that has any business shipping a box of glass vases but I have two stories in the event I need to answer a follow up:

1. A relative of mine needs a lot of vases for her wedding reception. They don't want to rent center pieces and there isn't an Ikea very close.(Had a relative buy a bunch of vases at Ikea for her wedding reception and then sell them to a rental company)
    2. I scour garage sales for old vases and sell them on Ebay. Then I can mention how I once found a Tiffany vase that I paid a song and dance for...(my sister works in a jewelry store and her boss quite literally bought a box of junk at a garage sale for about 20 bucks to include a Tiffany vase)

12. cbanker

cbanker Initiate (95) Jul 31, 2005 California
    Beer Trader

I drop off at postal annex and they never ask any questions and don't seem to care. It's usually teenagers working there and I don't see the same people very often, so it seems like they have a high turnover rate for employees.

13. visionaries

visionaries Initiate (0) Mar 10, 2010 California

This!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More