What's good to pick up in Chicago right now visiting this weekend

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Djc, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djc

Djc Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2014 Ohio

What's some good stuff to try to grab right now that I can't get in cleveland? I'm planning I going to Binnys tomorrow hopefully. I would like to grab some good stuff but I have no clue what to buy

2. uiucphoenix

uiucphoenix Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2010 Washington

3. Djc

Lincoln park. Don't know what time I have to have someone take me

4. Vav

Vav Initiate (192) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

I have 2,658 beers in stock currently. Say hi when you're in, i'll point you around.

5. Jaycase

Jaycase Poo-Bah (1,917) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Society Trader

/end thread

egrace84 likes this.
  6. Djc

Sweet. What is your name? So I know who to ask for

7. beardown2489

beardown2489 Zealot (509) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois

Adam. Consider yourself lucky

8. Djc

Ok crap I guess I am going to the one in niles now. Are they all the same?

9. vrbulldog22

vrbulldog22 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 Ohio

(I'm also from OH) When I was in Chicago last weekend, I saw a few Eclipse varieties around, Bruery had a barrel aged barleywine over 12% (OH abv limit) called Mash, Founders Backwoods Bastard was everywhere ("available" in OH but most places have limits - in CHI you can get as much as you want..).. 3 Floyds was pretty abundant too (just not zombie dust).. Pipeworks & Half Acre both make some good stuff you can't get here. That's what immediately pops up from memory. seekabrew.com can be used to compare state distributions, so you can see the full list of breweries that they get that we don't.

10. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (848) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Dont let Vav hear you ask that...

SeanBond likes this.
  11. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (848) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

The most important question though, is "What is your budget?"

12. psykosis

psykosis Initiate (0) May 21, 2009 Indiana

Swing by 18th Street Brewery on the way and buy whatever cans/bottles they might have.

PBRmeasap1980 likes this.
  13. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Blue Gene, Bean Gene, Mean Gene, Deths Tar and Gravedigger Billy (if it's still around) from Rev. All awesome BA brews

14. RexKramer

RexKramer Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Illinois

If you like hoppy, check out Revolution Unsessionable and Pipeworks Citra, Ninja Vs. Unicorn, or Unicorn's Revenge. A personal favorite of mine is Pipeworks S'more Money, S'more problems has been recently released again. I'm hoping to grab a couple and store one away for camping in the Spring.

Other smaller beers from 18th street or Spiteful are good calls, too. Half Acre Heyoka is around as well.

In short, I hope you brought some money and have a whole lot of trunk space as there are a bunch of good choices around.

SeanBond likes this.
  15. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

Is Blue Gene available at Binny's/WLV or only the brewery?

16. Djc

Thanks for all the tips. I do want that gravedigger billy. I love hoppy and stouts and ba stouts and so on. I liked that unsessionable a lot

17. rynegne

rynegne Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2014 Illinois

Not to be "off topic" but when did this get re-released? I haven't seen it on the shelves in forever...

My vote goes to Heyoka by the way and maybe some Anti-Hero as well...I like Anti Hero, it goes down so smooth.

18. vrbulldog22

vrbulldog22 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2010 Ohio

Revolution is available in OH...

19. RexKramer

RexKramer Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2011 Illinois

I think it's been within the past couple of days. There's an ongoing PW's thread in this forum that details release dates and whats on the horizon.

20. DonDonson

DonDonson Initiate (127) Dec 5, 2006 Wisconsin

Probably stopping in Skokie Binny's Sunday after my son's hockey game. Thinking about looking for Pipeworks stuff, something unavailable in my neck of the woods. Not sure what all is out there that I should look to get. Other factor is money, I don't want to get crazy seeing as Central Waters stuff will be coming very soon (BB Stout, Cherry, Barleywine, etc.).

trbergman likes this.
  21. Djc

Made it in. Just got some pipeworks stuff. I as there at 10 they already sold out of the root beer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.